Glassdoor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.2

1. Featured Interview

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL) in December 2017.

Interview

Kudos Glassdoor!!

Very Straightforward and smooth process:
    1.) Initial phone call with recruiter. Basic questions that you would receive on a typical screening call (Background, why Glassdoor, why sales, etc.). If you pass this round, you will hear back relatively quickly on if they want to bring you in for an on-site interview.

2.) 3-30 minute interview with one SDR and two SDR managers. All three were very relaxed and informal. They are really just wanting to get a gauge on your personality and the kind of experience you would be bringing to the role. Bring your energy and enthusiasm because they want to see candidates with an upbeat attitude and high energy.

3.) Final Interview: Panel Interview (3 SDR's and 3 SDR Managers). Starts with a 10-15 minute informal powerpoint presentation on yourself, why Glassdoor, why sales, etc. At the end of the presentation they may ask you about 3 or 4 questions pertaining to your experience, presentation, etc. Overall interview was roughly 30 minutes.

Overall: The interview process with Glassdoor was one of the more organized and enjoyable interview experiences I've had with any company. Each person I interviewed with was personable and pleasant, and nothing that I was asked was anything too stressful or difficult to answer. I think ultimately they really want to see if you would be a great fit and a team player on the SDR team. The recruiter out of the Chicago office James was helpful throughout the entire interview, and he will help you thoroughly prepare for each part of the process. Unfortunately, I was not offered a position this time around, but would certainly welcome the chance to interview again with a few more years of experience under my belt. Glassdoor truly seems like an awesome company!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you set out to accomplish a goal and how did you accomplish it?   Answer Question

Solutions Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor.

Interview

Last week I had my second interview with the director. He came late to the meeting , which is ok.... but then he started and ended the interview with reasons why he won’t think I would be a good fit .
    Then why have me for a second interview ? Clearly I did fine on the first .
    He asked me no questions that would let me explain my experience even though I have done the same position for 3 years at a much larger company .
    I wasn’t mad at the end I thought it was funny on how this guy makes decisions . I don’t mind if I’m not qualified, just don’t tell me I did great and ask for a second interview

Interview Questions

• None were asked . I was just told why the position could be difficult for me .   1 Answer

Senior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Recruiter gets in touch and sets up a written test followed by a phone interview and then on-site.
    On-site was pretty straight forward and a waste of time. Sounds like a dated tech stack. Who the hell uses struts anymore. Irony that a website that boasts about finding the right job as such an average interview process. The recruiter was highly unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Merge intervals leetcode.
      Find first odd repeated character.
      Data model a product order   Answer Question
    • Leetcode medium questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL) in January 2018.

Interview

The interview process is very friendly. I was referred by a current employee and received an invitation for an initial phone screening shortly after applying. Linda was fantastic to work with and was very supportive and transparent throughout the whole process. I then spoke with the hiring manager Kira a week later, and was invited in to present in January (the time between next step conversations was only prolonged due to the holidays). I presented a high-level kick off call to the hiring manager and a team lead, then met with them both afterwards and two of the CSM teammates as well. While I was not offered the position, my experience was very pleasant. Everyone in the office is very polite and interested to hear about your story and why you'd be a good fit for GD. I will continue to keep them on my radar as this product sells itself and I love transparency.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you made a mistake and had to work to correct that mistake   1 Answer

Junior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor in January 2018.

Interview

Two hour interview consisting of three groups of people. Most asking the same questions as the previous group. Negative is that the job description was very vague and their description of the job was vague also. The first two groups of interviewers were nice. The last was not. Definitely seemed to have the attitude he did not want to be there.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about this company? Definitely have an extensive reply memorized because they frown at short answers.   Answer Question
    • Situational questions. What would do in this type of Situation ? Very hard to answer since you don't get all the variables and they already have a procedure in place on how they think you should answer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL) in January 2018.

Interview

I submitted my application on Glassdoor (after seeing the posting by browsing jobs on the site!), which was very simple. I needed my resume and (optional) cover letter in addition to some administrative questions. About a week or so later, an HR manager reached out to me via email and asked to set up a phone call, followed by another call with the director looking to fill positions on her team. These two calls happened within a week, and I was asked to come to an in-person interview at the Chicago office prepared to demonstrate a "launch meeting" presentation. After getting a tour of the office and presenting, I was asked questions by the person who would be my direct report and a colleague with my same position. I also had to complete an online questionnaire/writing sample. The process was simple, straightforward, and very efficient! This all took less than a month.

Interview Questions

• What are some KPIs in your current role and how do you measure your success or effectiveness there?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

Interview

The interview began with a short phone screen with a recruiter followed by a phone screen with a manager on the team. I was then asked to submit a google document with answers to questions pertaining to on the job situations. Then I was asked to come on site and meet with the team in a 3-4 hour interview as well as make a presentation. I thought overall the interview process was great but a little bit long (with an additional delay due to holidays which is understandable). I also did not receive feedback on the questions that were submitted so I am not sure that step of the interview was necessary, but it was a good exercise regardless. My overall experience was positive and felt that the team was so friendly/supportive especially during the presentation which can be stressful as a candidate.

Interview Questions

• Name a project or task you completed with little to no direction you were proud of.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to admit a mistake and how it was handled.   Answer Question
    • What are you looking for in your next opportunity?   Answer Question
    • What did you enjoy most about your last job, and what did you enjoy least?   Answer Question

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Glassdoor (San Francisco, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

Had a phone screen with a recruiter. She started off with, "so tell me about yourself, are you working right now?" I was shocked. I knew it would be a bad interview. She had no clue about my past, not even a brief skim of my resume. She asked me one question, then spent the rest of the time asking me about my work authorization in the U.S and how I found the job posting. Terrible. She was unprepared and standoffish. She was honest and said they're looking for someone with specific experience. If she even LOOKED at my resume before scheduling a phone call, she would have known off the bat not to call me. Instead, she came to a phone screening unprepared and wasted my time.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Glassdoor (San Francisco, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

The questions were typical interview questions. About my motivation, my greatest achievements in the past, etc.
    The interviewer was engaging and really paid attention through active listening.
    Finally I was not hired, since I was considered to be overqualified.

Interview Questions

• What is the achievement you are most proud of where teamwork was important?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Mill Valley, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

I had a great experience with Glassdoor. Questions, tasks and expectations were clear from the beginning to the end. I was interviewing with another company as well and the professionalism at Glassdoor compared to the other company really set them apart.

After 2 phone screens with the recruiter and hiring manager mostly covering my current position, I was invited to an onsite interview. I was asked to do a mock presentation for a hypothetical client. I was asked common objections and felt that it was very clear. I then had one on one interviews following the presentation.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to disappoint or couldn't deliver something to a client. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I applied through Glassdoor. Quickly got contacted by a helpful recruiter. Recruiter phone screen, then live coding exercise with an engineer, then an on-site. Onsite consisted of 5 interviews with various people (VP, Dir engineering, other engineers, product managers). Mixture of coding, system design and regular resume/experience questions.

Very easy to deal with, helpful recruiter and enjoyable onsite. Questions were harder than some companies, but the interviewers were collaborative and helpful.