Glassdoor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 16, 2018

3.1

1. Featured Interview

Entreprise Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (London, England (UK)) in March 2018.

Interview

The process was really easy and convenient. The recruiter was really helpful and took the time to understand who I am as a person instead of the usual interview questions. I had several phone interviews with different managers and had to do a sales presentation and the honest feedback given was really helpful too.
    Each individual I met were truly nice people which makes the interview process really smooth.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor.

Interview

The interview process at Glassdoor was authentic and engaging. First, it started with a recruiter phone screen and then a hiring manager call, both lasting around 30 minutes. Lastly, I interviewed with 5 other people, remotely, each for 45 minutes. The interviewers ranged from the hiring manager, a HRBP, and three members in leadership. Overall the interview experience was positive, transparent and informative.

Interview Questions

• How would you decide which learning and development programs to implement?   Answer Question

Senior Software Development Engineer TEST Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Glassdoor (San Francisco, CA) in May 2018.

Interview

Introduction call with in house recruiter. Decent conversation, but it was mandatory relocation to SF. (I'm in Seattle). Out of curiosity I asked about the comp package and it was about 10% less than my current salary.

I figure they must be exclusively seeking single people who are desperate. I can't imagine existing in downtown SF on such a low ball salary. We politely parted ways.

Interview Questions

• Would I be willing to relocate to SF and give up 10% of my current pay.   1 Answer

Director, Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Senior director of decision sciences reached out to my personal email, who then for some reason passed it along to a 3rd party sourcer who was extremely rude and discourteous on the call. His way of assessing fit for a leadership role was to ask the candidate to list down all SQL functions and joins. Would advise against interviewing for such an unprofessional company.

Interview Questions

Glassdoor Response

May 8, 2018

We are so sorry you had a poor experience in the interview process. I appreciate your feedback as I'm always looking to improve our processes.

- Julie Coucoules
    Global Head of Talent Acquisition... More

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (New York, NY) in April 2018.

Interview

Every step of this process, albeit lengthy, was so professional and I was made to feel comfortable throughout.

There were 3 interviews; an initial phone screen, a phone interview with two team members at the actual office location, and an in person interview with the previous two and the HR rep, plus an office tour.

I could really tell everyone's genuine enthusiasm and passion for this company. It made me really want this job even more!

Senior Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Mill Valley, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

I had a wonderful experience, and I would say the same thing even if I was not offered the position! For their recruiters, they are looking for culture fit and passion for Glassdoor most of all. Do you believe in the company you are about to be pitching to candidates? They did talk quite a bit about sourcing, organization, and prioritization, but all in all, if your past performance speaks for itself, you are well spoken, and take the time to prepare for your final interview you will be fine.

Standard Interview Process:
    Recruiter Phone Screen
    Hiring Manager Phone Screen
    2-hour On-Site Interview (Met with some very important people!)

A decision was made fairly quickly after the final interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to work with a difficult manager? (Several behavioral based questions)
      How do you like to be managed?
      What do you love about recruiting?
      What makes you a great recruiter?   Answer Question

Customer Success Manager- Technical Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Mill Valley, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

The interview process was seamless. The recruiter kept me in the loop the entire time and was proactive in providing me with the information I needed to make an informed decision. All of the team members I met with were positive, engaged, and intelligent. They had reviewed my resume/background and asked pointed questions to determine if I was a fit for the role. They also each provided time for me to ask questions to ensure the role was a great fit on my end as well. The process moved at a fast pace, which was appreciated on both ends! In total, it took about one week from my interview with the hiring manager to an in-person panel interview. Overall, a very welcoming company that stays true to their mission and values!

Interview Questions

• The questions were specific to my managerial experience.   Answer Question

Sales Support Order Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Columbus, OH) in April 2018.

Interview

I’ve had a lot of interviews recently but this was by far the best I’ve ever encountered. The people were intelligent, had great questions and told you so much information about the company. They were definitely passionate about Glassdoor which is absolutely amazing! I can’t wait to start working for this amazing company!

Sales Support Order Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Green, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Green, OH) in April 2018.

Interview

The interview process was pretty standard. The first round involved a phone screen with a Glassdoor recruiter, second round of interviews involved 3, 30 minute, back-to-back video interviews with different members of the team/leadership.

Interview Questions

• During the initial phone screen they asked, "What really made you apply for this position?".   1 Answer

Economist/Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mill Valley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Mill Valley, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

The steps were: a recruiter phone screen, interviews with the chief economist and communications director, and an onsite. I interviewed across 7 weeks, which felt/is unusually slow. But at every stage someone from Glassdoor reached out so that I knew what to expect, and how to prepare--it always felt that they wanted me to interview well. The onsite was two interviews with the research and communications teams, a presentation, and a 1-on-1 with a data scientist. Interviews with econ and with communications were fun, thought-provoking, and informative. The data science interview was strange and surprising for a couple reasons: (1) the interviewer seemed less prepped (sat diagonally from me, fumbled when finding my resume on computer at the start, and skipped time for my intro); (2) several Yes/No questions; (3) asked brain teaser type questions, which earlier interviewers had admitted don't reflect a candidate's ability to do job well; (4) generally, felt more like putting me on the spot as opposed to learning what I know about python/r/economics research. But in all, team was competent, transparent, and encouraging. Kudos.

Interview Questions

• How can Glassdoor use economic research to be more competitive, and to make more of an impact on job match?   Answer Question

Online Sales Representative Interview

Application

Interview

I applied for the Online Sales Representative role based in the Chicago office. Overall, the interview process was great! I worked with Linda and she was extremely transparent, communicative and positive. The process was about two weeks long and then I accepted the offer.

Interview Questions

• Since my career path is slightly unconventional, I was asked to describe why I want to transition into a sales job.   Answer Question