Glassdoor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

1. Featured Interview

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Mill Valley, CA).

Interview

1 HR interview, 2 Technical Phone Interview. After that you will be called for onsite interview in mill valley office. 5 technical rounds(including one with product manger or director). Those are fun.
    Interview process was really fast. Fastest than any other tech company.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were normal, as you will expect in any other tech company. Be prepared for Multithreading questions, Caching, some UI questions.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

Initial phone screen with recruiting manager, who asked detailed questions. Next, a phone screen scheduled for 30 minutes with a hiring manager who was 15 minutes late. The call seemed totally irrelevant - he said at the beginning it was just to make sure "we're on the same page" and set up a presentation.

During the mock presentation, I was given materials to prepare and mastered the scripts and materials they asked of me and added some of my own styling. Despite having a very successful track record in sales, the role players went out of their way to be disengaged and unexcited during the presentation, and afterward gave feedback that I should have asked "what they enjoy most about working at their company" and "didn't ask open-ended enough questions" that were "yes or no" despite none of the questions I prepared could have been answered with a yes or no and were more to dive into their strategies for recruiting and branding.

They were on their computers the whole time and only reconnected during the interview to look up every now and again.

I was also told some of the language I used was the most "softball/layup sales language" imaginable despite the fact and they overlooked all other positives of the presentation.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Glassdoor.

Interview

Phone screen with the recruiter, then 2 phone screens with directors on the team (case-based), then a take-home case assignment, then a full day of onsite interviews.

This was one of the more rigorous interview processes I went through during my MBA recruiting process, but it gave me a good understanding of what the day-to-day work would actually involve. Everybody I spoke to seemed both really smart and really passionate about their work, and it was ultimately those conversations that led me to accept the offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had to manage a project with many cross-functional stakeholders.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mill Valley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Mill Valley, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Witnessed one of the WORST experiences

I was reached out by a recruiter, who seems to have joined the company 6 months ago according to his LinkedIn profile, after submitting my resume online. The recruiter was extremely unprofessional and clumsy, to say the least.

Let me provide more details. He sent an email via Jobvite to schedule an initial call. On the day of our scheduled call, the recruiter forgot to call. I follow-up with him via email in half and hour to check to what happened. He did not reply the same day and sent an email a day later saying "I was in a meeting and forgot my laptop to track time for our scheduled call. Can we talk tomorrow afternoon?". Although he apologized and later asked me to provide him my availability for next day, he wasted my time. I still gave him the benefit of the doubt and again sent my availability for the following day for the afternoon. Little did I know the recruiter will again waste my time and not confirm the call, even though he was the one who informed he is available in the afternoon and wants to talk.

Nonetheless, he sent me an email late night the next day AGAIN apologizing and asking to schedule the call for next day. Remind you, this was the 3rd time he was scheduling the call. This time he did call, but sounded lost or disconnected from the beginning of the call. Usually after the call, I follow-up with the person with a thank you note, but with him, I did not as I knew working with him would have been a nightmare and if a company promotes such sleazy practice I am better off with a different employer.

Advice to the HR team:
    I would suggest please hire experienced or professional recruiters, who know what they are doing. Recruiters are the salespeople for the company to pitch prospective candidates the company culture and hire the best talent in the market. If the recruitment team treats candidates the way this recruiter did, the company will instantly be discredited.
    Please RESPECT someone's time and have the courtesy to follow-through scheduled appointments.

Interview Questions

• Generic question about pay and what am I doing at my current job.   Answer Question

Glassdoor Response

Oct 6, 2017 – CHRO

We are extremely sorry for the interview experience you had. We appreciate the feedback on where we went wrong as it easily guides us on what to fix. We can do better and will do better. Thank you... More

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Mill Valley, CA).

Interview

1st step: Phone screen with the hiring manager
    2nd: in person interview (5-6 interviewers)
    3rd: onsite presentation with 12+ people in the presentation

Overall, a very comprehensive process that gave me a good idea of what I would be doing in the role. I got to meet a lot of faces that were not on the immediate team.

Interview Questions

• What are your current KPIs and how have you performed against them in your current role?   Answer Question

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL) in September 2017.

Interview

Thorough but awesome process. 3 brief phone calls, which were all very conversational and mostly just about background experience and why sales, an in-person interview, also very conversational and easy going, and a final presentation with a Q&A after. Young and great people that were very fun to talk to. Recruiting coordinator, James, was really helpful during the process and super nice! Make sure to sell yourself on why you want to work as an SDR and why Glassdoor. They are looking for motivated candidates who are driven by competition and working on a team. Definitely recommend the process to anyone looking to work for a growing company with a fun company culture!

Interview Questions

• How would your teammates or coworkers describe you?   1 Answer
    • Describe a time you had an issue with a supervisor/employee and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL) in September 2017.

Interview

The recruiters were wonderful. They were super transparent with all details, gave a lot of detail, and had excellent follow-up on any outstanding questions. The Managers and VP were genuine and conversational. The whole interview process felt very natural.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle prioritizing new revenue and existing revenue?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied mid-September, and the entire process took about 2 weeks. There are 5 parts to the interview process:
    HR phone screen
    hiring manager - phone interview
    remote screenshare presentation about Glassdoor (30 minutes)
    in-person meeting with 2 other hiring managers
    an in person meeting with sales director

It is by far the most strenuous interview process I have ever undergone, but it was worth it. Great company, culture and salesforce. My recruiter was awesome! He gave me complete transparency through out the entire process. You go J!

Interview Questions

• What would your coworkers say are your weaknesses and strengths?   Answer Question

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Mill Valley, CA).

Interview

I applied online, interviewed with HR, and interviewed with the manager before coming into the office. My on-campus interview was with eight people, broken into four interviews with two employees in each, and ended with a presentation to the entire group, A few days later, I spoke with another director via video chat.

Sales Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Glassdoor.

Interview

Easy, relaxed, and knowledgable. He made me feel comfortable and like he actually cared about my personal life, and why I was looking into other areas of work. He asked about my current job, and personal life, getting to know me as well as getting to know about my work life.

Interview Questions

• Where I went to college, and how that influenced my career today.   1 Answer

Director of Product Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mill Valley, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Mill Valley, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Glassdoor, let me start my saying that it is NOT cool if a candidate has to wait till Wednesday afternoon to know the outcome of a nearly full day of interviews completed on Friday. Especially when someone has invested as much work and love into the process as I did. I almost wish I hadn't interviewed because the process weakened the Glassdoor brand for me.

My process involved: Phone round 1 followed by Phone round 2 followed by in-person round 1 followed by in-person round 2. And I suspect more rounds if I had cleared that one. The past Product Marketing leader had apparently set a bad precedent on many fronts.

After I finished the process, it was clearer to me why they hadn't been able to close the role for over 4 months. The process had several kinks right from the recruiter-Glassdoor communication, to internal PM-PMM leadership dynamics, to the fit of the role within a very entrenched team culture. There were several inconsistencies in what I heard from individual team members and it seemed like a process to weed out, not include in.

I urge Glassdoor to evaluate their own hiring process and do a better job of follow ups.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in the first 30 days?   1 Answer

Glassdoor Response

Aug 31, 2017 – Sr. Director, Brand Strategy

Thanks for sharing this feedback. At Glassdoor we work hard to make sure every candidate who comes in feels supported and respected throughout the process. I’m sorry your experience didn't deliver on... More