Glassdoor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

1. Featured Interview

Senior Business Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Mill Valley, CA).

Interview

Rigorous process and positive experience. Recruiter screen, phone interview with case + behavioral questions, excel/PPT homework assignment, then an on-site with three cases and an additional behavioral experience. While the process was time intensive, in my experience, it was on par with the level of investment required for BizOps roles at other tech companies. I appreciated how the process enabled me to meet various people at different levels across the team, which helped me assess whether the team and role would be a good fit for me.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview process at Glassdoor was extensive but very pleasant. I had a total of 7 different meetings from a phone screening, to a sales pitch, to in-office interviews. The process moved quickly which was great. Everyone I spoke with and interviewed with was friendly and very eager to answer any questions. It was great experience!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to convince someone to do something they didn't want to...   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Glassdoor in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process at Glassdoor was great. I had contact with a total of 7 different employees. Their interview process started with an HR phone screen, a video interview with one of the Managers, a sales pitch, and three in-person interviews. Although the interview process seems extensive it was refreshing to find a company who wants to hire the right employee and make sure the employee is capable to put in the work and do the job they are interviewing for. Everyone throughout the process was super helpful, welcoming, and transparent.

Interview Questions

• If you were given a book of business, how would you handle it?

The sales pitch is difficult, but make sure to do your research and come prepared.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mill Valley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Mill Valley, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Overall, a frustrating experience. I went through 2 interviews & a Sales Pitch. The first 2 interviews were very straightforward i.e. tell us about yourself, what attracted you to Glassdoor, etc., while the Sales Pitch requires a lot of time & preparation, but comes across as a good taste of the job's duties.

My main frustration with this experience is how the interviewers handled it. I initially thought that each interviewer was very genuine & professional. However, following the Sales Pitch, no one ever reached back out to at least tell me I wouldn't be offered the job. The same people that had been so friendly & easy to talk to suddenly became impossible to reach. I sent a "Thank you" email & still have not heard back. It was like they would only talk to you if they think you could be of use to them. Once they realized I wasn't, I immediately wasn't even worth a quick email telling me the status of my application. This was especially frustrating because the people I had given the Sales Pitch to specifically told me someone would reach out to tell me the status of my application.

I also thought the structure of how the Sales Pitch was graded wasn't entirely fair. I was criticized because the questions I asked weren't "specific enough". This is something that could have EASILY been corrected if this had been outlined more clearly in the guideline. The prompt for the Sales Pitch stated to ask questions, but it didn't outline how important it was to make your questions very specific. I made a point of asking many questions during the Sales Pitch. This was also an ENTRY LEVEL position, where you can easily be taught this. To be critiqued on something so harshly when I could've easily prevented this if they just made this more clear was really unfair in my opinion.

I had a high level of respect for Glassdoor & really high hopes of contributing as a team member. Because of the way I was treated during the interview process, I've lost that respect.

Interview Questions

• What is something you feel very passionate about? Name a time that you had to convince someone of this belief?

Why are you interested in Sales?

Name a very difficult experience for you & how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Glassdoor.

Interview

I had the craziest and most amazing interview process with Glassdoor. I was about to leave town and had a pending offer from another company, so Glassdoor whisked me through the interview process in a few days, including weekend days. I spoke on the phone with a recruiter, then the manager, and then the director of the team. Each conversation was unique and added more insight as to the people and culture of Glassdoor. The discussion with the director was most like a formal interview but was still conversational and fun.

The final step was the Mock Sales Pitch, which was challenging but extremely rewarding! The team sent me a mock sales deck with Glassdoor information and guidelines for a scenario. This was the most fun and unique interview process I've ever been through. If you prepare a ton it pays off and sheds a lot of light on what you'll be doing in a sales growth role. If you don't enjoy the mock sales pitch you probably won't enjoy the job. Some of the other interview reviews spoke negatively about this final step in the interview process, saying it could be learned on the job. I have no prior sales experience but took the initiative to do a ton of research both about sales and with the Glassdoor-specific resources they provided and it paid off. It's not impossible, you just have to want it badly enough!

Interview Questions

Glassdoor Response

Aug 29, 2017 – Sr. Manager, Talent Acquisition

I’m glad to see the interview process went so well and am beaming with pride for our team. Thanks for interviewing with us and welcome to Glassdoor!

Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Mill Valley, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process took about 2 months total, which was surprising, but I had an incredible experience. I had a phone screening with my recruiter, a phone screening with my manager, a mock pitch presentation with 3 managers, and then finally an in person interview with 3 managers at the Mill Valley location. That totals 4 interviews over the course of 2 months.

The true shining star of my interview process was my recruiter, Kate. She was, by far, the best recruiter I've ever worked with. She was warm, friendly, and extremely helpful throughout the entire experience. We ended up communicating through text, and she was always immediately available when I had a question. She was always willing to schedule a call with me during her off hours (we were on two different time zones). A day before every interview, she made sure we had a prep call to prepare. 5 minutes before every interview, she would send me a "good luck" text to reassure me. I never felt like just another new hire she needed to hit her personal quota — I felt like she genuinely saw talent in me and was there to assist me throughout the entire experience. If you're reading this, Kate, thank you again for the help!

Interview Questions

• Would you consider yourself more of a hunter or a farmer, and why?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process happened in 5 stages - a phone screening with a recruiter, a phone conversation with a sales/hiring manager, a mock sales pitch, a skype interview and an on-site interview. The mock sales pitch was the most challenging part, but once you sat down and worked with the deck that they gave you it is actually a cool opportunity to see what you would actually be doing on the job.

Interview Questions

• If you could pick one brand to represent who you are, what brand would it be?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Mill Valley, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

The entire process took about 3 weeks. It would've been sooner if it weren't for some scheduling conflicts with some managers going on vacation plus the July 4th holiday weekend. I love the Glassdoor recruiters because I felt like I could rely on them throughout the entire process, my recruiter would check up on me after every round and was readily available to chat whenever I had any questions. First round was with the recruiter, basic background information to see if I was a good fit. The recruiter sent me a personality quiz to follow up after chatting. Second round was with the AAM hiring manager, went in depth about my experiences and more situational questions. Third round is the hardest, the mock sales pitch. They made the instructions very transparent, you have to come up with a pitch with the deck of slides given to you. Use your time wisely and do research! Only 1 in 8 people move on from the sales pitch to the final round. During the final in person interview, I interviewed with 4 people, 30 minutes with each person. Like most people said on here, I thoroughly enjoyed talking with every single person in the company. I got an offer the same day of the in person interview (:

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me about your strengths and weaknesses.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied for the Associate Account Manager position (Chicago Office) in August 2017. Overall, I had an amazing interview process with Glassdoor and it took about 3 weeks until I received a full time offer. The interview process was three steps, each of which were very conversational and with great people! First, was an initial phone screening with the team Manager which was very positive and conversational. Second, was a mock sales pitch call which I personally thought was the most fun part of the interview process. One definitely has to prepare in order to get through this sales pitch effectively, but if done right it is very rewarding. The sales pitch gives you an idea of what you will be doing for day-to-day tasks. The final interview consisted of a four round, in-person interview which was also very relaxed and conversational! Glassdoor employees definitely care about who you are as a person and helping you find a right fit! I truly enjoyed my interview process and am so excited to officially start working at Glassdoor!

Interview Questions

Glassdoor Response

Oct 25, 2017 – CHRO

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I am happy to hear you had a great experience and decided to join our team. And, you're right - We do look to find the right fit because we know it leads to a... More

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL) in November 2017.

Interview

This was the most fun and interactive interview process I have ever been apart of. The whole point is to really get to know the candidate, which many companies lack nowadays. The interview consisted of 4 steps and the whole process took about 3 weeks. The first step is a brief phone screening with a recruiter - I had Linda who was an absolute gem to work with through out the entire interview process. The second step was a phone call with the hiring manager - Come with a reason why you are leaving your current position and why you would be a good fit for GD. The third, and in my opinion, the most difficult part of the interview process, was the product pitch. GD provides you with all of the necessary tools to be successful - Be sure to practice, practice, practice! The fourth and final step was an in person meeting with sales managers/directions. This portion was surprisingly pleasant and conversational - Not nearly as intense as most interviews. I heard back the same day and am ecstatic that GD has welcomed me into their family!

Interview Questions

• If you were a brand, which one would you be?   3 Answers
    • Name a time where you had to tell someone something they did not want to hear   3 Answers
    • What are 2 strengths and 2 weaknesses you have?   1 Answer

Nov 28, 2017 – Chief Human Resources Officer

Welcome to the Glassdoor family! And thank you for taking the time to give us some positive feedback! If you're happy, we're happy :) Carmel

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Scottsdale, AZ) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process with Glassdoor is very thorough and transparent. It begins with a few phone screens to understand you and your career outlook. Then moves on to a sales pitch and final stage video conference interviews.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.