Glassdoor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

1. Featured Interview

Senior Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter on LinkedIn and the tech stack caught my attention. After a call with the recruiter, I was asked for a technical phone screen. The screening question was a good mix of algorithms, data structures and design.

After clearing technical phone screen, I was invited for on-site interviews. There were 6 interviews excluding recruiter. I requested to spread the interviews over 2 days which was accepted.

Interview Questions

• Algorithms and data structure related questions. Pretty straightforward DFS, backtracking and Sets.   5 Answers
    • My people management style. Challenges faced in my (then) current role, was asked to provide examples etc.   7 Answers

Senior Business Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Mill Valley, CA).

Interview

Rigorous process and positive experience. Recruiter screen, phone interview with case + behavioral questions, excel/PPT homework assignment, then an on-site with three cases and an additional behavioral experience. While the process was time intensive, in my experience, it was on par with the level of investment required for BizOps roles at other tech companies. I appreciated how the process enabled me to meet various people at different levels across the team, which helped me assess whether the team and role would be a good fit for me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you took initiative   2 Answers
    • Tell me about a time you dealt with an ambiguous problem   2 Answers

Product Design Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Glassdoor.

Interview

Total of three interviews, one with my recruiter and two with the design team. Most positive aspect was the communication. My recruiter set up regular calls to check in with me. The team was friendly and open throughout the entire process. My recruiter was particularly informative and transparent in a time of uncertainty. It made me that much more excited and confident in joining Glassdoor!

Interview Questions

• Mostly questions about my portfolio projects and past experiences. Some behavioral questions mixed in as well.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Glassdoor (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Test followed by a screening and onsite in HQ. Worked with a great HR and she was helpful throughout the process. Overall it was an average experience and too many onsite rounds.

Product Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL) in February 2020.

Interview

After I submitted the application, I received the email about the first round. The first round is easy, just 15 mins. The recruiter ask some basic question. Also she asked me if I can accept relocation. But finally I got a no- reply rejection.

Interview Questions

• What do you think you can get from Glassdoor if you can be one member of Glassdoor.   Answer Question

Advertising Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL) in February 2020.

Interview

The process was very smooth and seamless. Each internal employee that I spoke with was incredibly transparent and consistent with regards to their culture and work-life balance and I was never left guessing along the way.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you required coaching and feedback for improvement and how you handled it?   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Glassdoor in February 2020.

Interview

They sent an online assignment with queries that can be done in any language and a couple of questions on why you want to be a SE. The coding questions were fairly easy and basic level.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a data engineer?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Glassdoor.

Interview

Interview Process started with a recruiter call followed by a phone screen by Karat. Next step is an onsite interview for 5.5 hours. I interviewers were very nice and pleasant. Overall process is very organized.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions are technical in nature, mostly related to the tools and technologies I used. Couple of coding questions.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor in January 2020.

Interview

Karat interview and then call for onsite. Onsite interview never materialized as they deliberately kept postponing . Then they converted onsite interview to virtual interview and then 2 days before the interview sent a mail that position was filled. Meaning all along they were waiting someone to accept the offer while wasting other candidates time. Would not consider this company again.

Learning's from this: Ask the recruiter how many other candidates they are interviewing and get to know the stage they are in. (What applies to candidates holds good for companies as well). This is one interview where I wish I had failed in phone screening itself !

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL) in January 2020.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter to do a video interview with pre-recorded questions to get an understanding of my personality and why Glassdoor. I then had a phone interview with the recruiter which was really more like a conversation about the role which I loved. I then was brought into the office for the onsite interview where I met with two managers and two people currently in the SDR role. I was then brought back the following day for a final interview with an SDR Manager in which I did a cold call simulator. I felt pretty confident about the interview and everyone I interviewed with/met was wonderful. It was one of the best-interviewing experience's I have had. Unfortunately, Glassdoor decided after my interview process to hold off on bringing on another SDR at the time which was unexpected. I wish that was not the case because Glassdoor seems like a really great company to work for. Aside from the last-minute change of direction with their hiring needs, it was a great experience and my recruiter Nate was wonderful and so quick to answer any questions I had. I wish every company did interviews the way Glassdoor does.

Interview Questions

Glassdoor Response

Feb 10, 2020 – Talent Acquisition Leader

Thank you so much for this thoughtful interview review. We are thrilled you enjoyed the process. From time to time our hiring needs change, but our team is great about re-enaging when our needs change. Please keep in touch with us! - Julie Coucoules, Global Head of Talent Acquisition

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Glassdoor (San Francisco, CA) in January 2020.

Interview

1. Recruiter phone screening
    2. Hiring manager phone screening.
    3. Team member/peer phone screening (odd & extra step)
    4. Assignment problem to prepare and present during on-site
    5. onsite 4 interviews + Presenting the assignment

Interview Questions

• 1. if you are the lead PM to make the "job seeker & employer" experience better what will you do? walk me through the steps
      2. what are feature changes you will do to our "mobile app"? why?
      3. estimation question: what's the annual revenue of movie-theatres in SF-city.   Answer Question