Guitar Center Interview Questions

Updated Jan 26, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 249 of over 249 interviews

Employee Referral10%
2.0
HardAverageEasy

Guitar Center

Application

I interviewed at Guitar Center

Interview

The interview was several of us at a time. It was moreso a sales pitch for working for the company rather than harping on anyone's qualifications. It was pretty relaxed and made you feel like it was a good place to be for a muscian.

Interview Questions
  • What instruments do you play?
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daytona Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Guitar Center (Daytona Beach, FL) in Jan 2022

Interview

Position posted on Linkdin. Applied online through the company portal. Was Emailed by store manager to set interview time. A busy weekend passed before I heard a response. Did in person interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Guitar Center

Application

I interviewed at Guitar Center

Interview

It was all very easy going and conversational. None of that "if you were a tree" crap. Very awesome manager who I'm sure is therefore not there anymore. Definitely nice folks at the time

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Guitar Center

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guitar Center in Dec 2021

Interview

I found the interview to be cordial, conversation, informative, and transparent. The interviewer asked mostly open-ended questions and left considerable time for back and forth. We were able to discuss the company and its current situation and strategic outlook.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Guitar Center

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guitar Center

Interview

quick and easy yeah really really easy good quick and easy yeah good it was very easy and easy and quick lol good and it worked well the interview went by really quick and was a well done interview yerah

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Guitar Center

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Guitar Center

Interview

Overall it was a pretty quick interview process. Met with the recruiter, manager, and then director before being verbally offered the role within 2 weeks. Ultimately declined due to company culture and low salary. The interviews made it clear that the growth opportunities would be limited in the company due to different departments not being as open to sharing internal data with each other. As a heads up for future job seekers, I actually did ask my referral about the last BI Analyst and why they left the role. They mentioned that said Analyst is getting paid 33% more at their current job than what Guitar Center offered me. They also mentioned that innovation and ability to do their job was often stymied or delayed due to not the best communication happening across departments and from senior leadership. In conclusion, the interview process was as seamless as possible. I enjoyed my interviews and the people on the actual team for the role are very nice and seem very collaborative.

Interview Questions
  • Please send me some examples of past work you have done. Why are you looking to move to Guitar Center?

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Guitar Center (San Jose, CA) in Nov 2021

Interview

Interview process was very easy, applied online and let the manager know beforehand. He gave me a call and got an interview scheduled then basically just asked general questions about sales and how I can achieve sales in different scenarios.

Interview Questions
  • How would you pitch our proprietary card to our customers when they're purchasing a high price item?

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Guitar Center (Las Vegas, NV) in Nov 2021

Interview

Informal meeting with district manager. open, candid discussion lasting approximately 30 min followed by brief walk through of store & tech bench. The DM was very friendly and seemed most concerned to know about my experiences and opinions regarding my guitar repair business. interview took place in a storage room with a small table & chairs.

Interview Questions
  • I can't recall being asked one particular question other than if I was interested in the position. it was more like a chat between two guys about music, life and guitars. I asked most of the questions and the DM was happy to share specifics about the position and work culture. the DM had already done his homework by perusing my website, Facebook and google pages. I found that we had mutual friends & acquaintances in the business and that I had been vouched for prior to our meeting. he seemed to know what I was capable of before he asked for the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Hueneme, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Guitar Center (Port Hueneme, CA) in Oct 2021

Interview

I went three rounds with this company, all the way to the final interview. They had been responsive up until after that interview, then completely ghosted! I did all the standard follow up thank you notes after the interviews, so I know they saw those and just chose to ghost me after that last round. I then received an AUTOMATED EMAIL informing me they had chosen another candidate. There’s absolutely no excuse for not following up in person after doing a final round to let me know they went with another candidate. Completely unprofessional and disrespectful. I absolutely am glad I don’t work for this company. It’s also worth noting the position was offered at $50K, which is 20K-30K BELOW THE AVERAGE for this position, in this location. It wasn’t a remote position. So they neither pay or treat potential candidates well. This was not an entry level role, either. Candidates were expected to have a decent amount of knowledge and experience on the job responsibilities.

Interview Questions
  • Asked about on-site search, CMS, technical programs used, how one would improve the website.

Guitar Center

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guitar Center in Sep 2021

Interview

Phone interview, great, quick experience with a friendly recruiter. 2 scenario questions & the rest were about the job and relevant experience. Overall good experience. Haven’t started yet! We’ll leave another review when I know more.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 249 Interviews