Guitar Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

Sort:

Collections Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Guitar Center (Thousand Oaks, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Just like others, I passed the phone interview, however, when I met with the SFMO, and the collections manager, all looked good. However, I was passed on as a candidate with no reason given as to why. This seemed unprofessional to me.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Guitar Center (Dallas, TX) in September 2008.

Interview

Easy interview. Personality based questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Straight forward.

Anonymous Employee in West Covina, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Guitar Center (West Covina, CA) in October 2009.

Interview

I applied online. When you go to through the applicant process you must take a pretty long test about your knowledge on musical instruments and techinicality. When you are finished appliying and taking the test the results are sent to the employer and if it is to their standards they will call you for a one on one interview.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you thought a customer was stealing from the store?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Guitar Center (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

Very friendly interview very easy very basic questions. Received phone call 1 week later. Came in for another interview wirth general manager. received good training. good work enviroment. good people.

Anonymous Employee in Hallandale Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guitar Center (Hallandale Beach, FL) in February 2013.

Interview

I am a radio/tv expert and that gave me an advantage because i knew how to use a lot of equipment and was hired. do i really need to write 30 words?

Interview Questions

• if i had musical experience, but i did not, i had radio/tv experience   1 Answer

Guitar Center Response

Aug 29, 2017 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to provide your review and feedback. We're always open to constructive feedback on how we can improve, and will take your note into account as we continue to develop... More

Operations Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Guitar Center (Miami, FL) in April 2018.

Interview

I waited like 2 weeks after the interview to start working. It was an easy and relaxed interview. They were very flexible, professional and friendly. They offer always minimum wage for entry level positions. They were very flexible when making the schedule.

Interview Questions

• Why'd you want to work with us?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Guitar Center (New York, NY).

Interview

I was first interviewed as a group. I honestly didn't think I'd get the job due to the fact that I didn't know very much about musical instruments. I was then called to attend a second interview. I was interviewed by the general manager and operations manager of the store. They were very easy going and made me feel very comfortable during the interview.

Interview Questions

• What are your top three favorite artists?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tigard, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guitar Center (Tigard, OR) in March 2014.

Interview

the interview was only one with a possible call back. Interview was an informal attire with informal communication. the questions were directly related to the job assignment and criteria. the interview itself was in the general area of the store not in a enclosed office or private. the call back or second interview was more pointed and directed to the direct needs of the organization relative to the ability of myself and my desires and needs.

Interview Questions

• There was nothing unexpected. All questions were directly related to the store retail products and sales.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guitar Center (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

Applied online got an email from a Recuriter telling me about a new store that was coming to my area set up an phone interview with the Recuriter shortly after I was contacted by the store manager we had a face to face also met with the operations manager we all clicked I was told that if they wanted to hire me I would receive an email within a day or to but later the day I got the email shortly after another phone call with the store manger they paid me according to my experience I started the job 2 weeks later

Interview Questions

• What type of music do I like   1 Answer

Negotiation

They paid based off my work history it was high according to what they start people with they asked me to keep it to myself to prevent problems

Anonymous Employee in Plymouth Meeting, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Guitar Center (Plymouth Meeting, PA) in August 2016.

Interview

You get a call to come in for an interview. The store manager conducts the first half then the second half is done by the store manager and the manager of what department your hiring into. They question you as to get a feel for your background and if you fit their needs. You get the job.

Interview Questions

• What instruments do you play? Do you have any musical history? Are you in school?   Answer Question