H&R Block Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 25, 2017

1.8

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in El Cajon, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&R Block (El Cajon, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Helpfull, nicely,respectfull,very welcoming, good attitudes, nice people, basic questions and for hiring it was dress code, customer service skills, explaining work procedures and also what the clients that come in really need.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at hr block   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for H&R Block

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H&R Block (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2015.

Interview

Online application, Online questionaire, call back, interview with 2 hiring managers, skills test, math test, and then online customer service training. The process was long and tedious for the actual job of taking calls and booking people to get their taxes done.

Interview Questions

• Do you work weekends? Open availability?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at H&R Block.

Interview

Interviewed with five people in one day. Easy interviews and I liked that they did it all in one day instead of having me come back five separate times. I was told I had "all the right answers,"but no offer yet.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&R Block.

Interview

I applied online. I got a call about a month later to interview. Most interview questions involved things like "Tell me about yourself," "What made you apply for this position," What experiences have you had that would benefit in this job?" The interview process was relatively short and easy. I ended up getting an offer of a "scholarship" for their tax course to become a Tax Pro which they claimed normally costs $199. (But not completely free as I would have to buy my books for $200). They weren't clear about the odds of getting a job with them or any guarantee of it. I'm still trying to figure out if this is something that would be worth taking or if it is simply a way for H&R Block to make easy money off of people like me. Overall though the two people I spoke with were very nice and I felt good about the interview other than the vague description of Classes that would be "free", oh except $200 for books. That's not really free is it.

Anonymous Employee in Westminster, MD

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at H&R Block (Westminster, MD) in December 2013.

Interview

I actually called in November before tax season even started ad gave my name and umber to the district manager, she called me in December to come into the main office for an interview.

Interview Questions

• if I had any customer service experience, if I was comfortable interacting and making small talk, how were my phone skills   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at H&R Block.

Interview

Interview was easy and casual . Typical questions: what is your work style , tell me about what you doa t your current job

Negotiation

no negotiation. They sent an email with salary offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at H&R Block (Chicago, IL) in January 2013.

Interview

I applied and submitted my resume through their website for a tax position but I received an email for a CSR position offer instead. Its a temporary position and $9/hr. So the pay is very low but I confirmed the interview with them anyway since i really want a job asap. I came to the interview on time and prepared but the person who supposed to interview me never showed up. So one of the employees at the office interviewed me instead. She was really nice and the interview was very casual. No hard questions. After the interview, she told me I would received an email response from them the next two days but I never did and its been over two weeks. This experience left me a very bad impression of their company. They seem very unorganized, unprepared and unprofessional to my surprise. I would not apply or take any job offers from them in the future.

Interview Questions

• No hard questions. The most difficult question was name "one weakness and one strength about yourself"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at H&R Block (Kansas City, MO) in July 2012.

Interview

Interviewed and was hired on as a temp. Had to complete 2week training and pass test. Interviewed with contractor and hired by them before becoming block employee. Did not directly deal with block personnel.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when dealing with difficult person how did you handle it? Name an accomplishment you are proudest of   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Midvale, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at H&R Block (Midvale, UT) in December 2010.

Interview

Easy questions, mostly behavioral, experience using the phone.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation, 9 per hour

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H&R Block in September 2010.

Interview

I originally filled out an application online and then I got a phone call asking me a few questions to further qualify me, I guess. After that a more formal interview was scheduled in an office. For next year's rehire the process had changed and 3 people interviewed me instead of just one.

Interview Questions

• There really wasn't anything that surprised me or stumped me. Just your usual type of interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. It was a take it or leave it offer.