H&R Block Tax Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

H&R Block Tax Associate Interview Questions

Updated Oct 19, 2016

2.1

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at H&R Block (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process is very easy if you are going through the class at the same time. The district manager basically sets up interviews that coincide with the office your taking your class.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing you have had to overcome in your life?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for H&R Block

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at H&R Block (San Diego, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Friendly interview with office manager. He asked a lot of questions regarding my sales and marketing background. He was interested in how I handled customer relationships in my previous work. He was friendly and funny but asked important questions. He also shared what his expectations were of a first year tax associate. I did not expect, however, to work as many hours as I did.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your sales and marketing experience? Tell me how did you turn a negative customer situation into a positive?   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at H&R Block.

Interview

Took the tax class for 3+ months...passed barely with 71%. The teacher who taught a class, which started out with around 15 people but ended up with around 6 people, was not an experienced teacher and not too mention her 1st year of teaching. We barely caught on to anything g but I manage to pass. Afterwards we received a certificate, then we were scheduled for anot her week of 'skills' classes. We didn't do an interview we were hired and had to fill out a bunch of paperwork online...once tax season started we went to our scheduled location of work and started practice forms on the installed program for work.

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at H&R Block (Brooklyn, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

Upon completion of income tax course, you would be invited for an interview with the district manager. You are presented with a piece of paper and list the offices within the district that you would like to work at. If you are a returning tax preparer, you will be asked to generate more business during the re-hire interview.

Interview Questions

• What can we do to sell more products?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at H&R Block (San Diego, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

it was very personable everyone was friendly and receptive. They were very interested in me and what would interest me. They were also interested in which area I wanted to work in.
    One person actually had a question about Financial Aid for school (current career).
    I would have been very happy to work for any one of those managers in the future.

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at H&R Block (Champaign, IL) in December 2014.

Interview

The training took about 3-4 months (August/Sept-December), and the interviews occurred around the final exam. There were two interviewers, one who appeared to just be learning the ropes, and they ask the typical questions-- think of a time when you had a difficult client, how you are a team player, strengths/weaknesses, etc.

Interview Questions

• Think of a time when you volunteered to do something.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Brownsville, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at H&R Block (Brownsville, TX) in December 2014.

Interview

My interview process was different than most, I was a last minute hire that met the requirements. I had previous experience and a degree in Accounting. I took an assessment exam online. After that I went Online and filled out the job application, I was contacted within a few days to come in for an interview. An offer was extended the same day of the interview.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at H&R Block (Philadelphia, PA) in November 2014.

Interview

I didn't actually interview. I took the Tax Prep Course and my instructor demanded that my district manager hire me. He spoke with me briefly over the phone and that was it. They added me to the roster and set up my employment contract.

Interview Questions

• How can you interact with customers to build a relationship of trust.   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at H&R Block in October 2014.

Interview

Signed up for the income tax course. If you make it through the course by staying on top of the readings and assignments and do well; you should get an interview offer.

Interview Questions

• Very informal interview. Met with the office manager and talked about why I wanted to work for Block..   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at H&R Block (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

Three month course or Hundred question exam with 80% passing rate. Then you apply for the job. interview after Three weeks. Ten minutes interview . and then 1 month of professional training. In professional training you learn more about managerial and office operation roles.