H&R Block Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 15, 2017

2.2

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Upland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H&R Block (Upland, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

It was very friendly. Explained the job duties and what will happen if hired. The management were respectful and knowledgeable. The interviews were held one on one and personable. I felt very comfortable.

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at H&R Block (Reno, NV) in November 2017.

Interview

Super Easy. Applied online. Received a call one day later telling me that they were interested. Interviewed the day after that. The interviewer was very laid back and told me to relax because it was his first time interviewing someone. Questions were very typical of a customer service position (How have you handled an angry customer and what did you do, what have you done to go out of your way to help someone, how have you handled a troubling coworker, etc.).

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you went above and beyond for a client/customer?   Answer Question

Client Service Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA

Interview

Interview was a 1 on 1 in the Culver City office. Easy, pleasant interview, didn't take took too long. I submitted my resume, it was for seasonal work as a client service coordinator (a lot of admin and reception duties). The interviewer was great and the people I worked with were terrific, mature and well balanced individuals.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at H&R Block.

Interview

This was years ago, but it was a 1:1 interview with 6 other office managers. I spent about 15 minutes with each one. I interview for the job in November/December and was hired towards the middle of December right before the holidays. Most of the questions were customer service based.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember the exact question, but it was along the lines of "What would you do if you had a difficult customer".   1 Answer

Tax Preparer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I interviewed at H&R Block (Boston, MA) in September 2017.

Interview

very pleasant, explained well. the interview was for taking their tax preparation course. more of an application than interview, discussed start date and the cost for the course. gave good information on procedure

Interview Questions

• did I have a computer available at home   1 Answer

Tax Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anchorage, AK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&R Block (Anchorage, AK) in August 2017.

Interview

Fill Application in. Set up IRS annual PTIN. Promise boss to treat clients with good service. Promise boss to study more IRS laws to do tax returns according to IRS way. Help clients to understand tax law to pay taxes.

Interview Questions

• Get more education, like the Enrolled Agent status from IRS.   1 Answer

Master Tax Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at H&R Block (Charleston, SC) in August 2017.

Interview

It was very friendly conversation between office manager and me with a lot of chances to ask my questions. I got all my questions answered and did not feel being judged on my answers to the interviewer's questions.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about the reason I quit the company two years ago.   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at H&R Block (Kansas City, MO) in July 2017.

Interview

3 interviews - One with the hiring manager and the lead on their team. Second interview was with another lead within another team of the company. Third interview was with the director of the department

Interview Questions

• Pros and cons around agile and waterfall methods   1 Answer

Tax Preparer Interview

Interview

In order to get hired you have to take their class they offer. You will not get the interview until you past their test for that class. The interview is real basic questions and easy.

Client Service Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at H&R Block (Richardson, TX).

Interview

I was referred for an interview by another employee at H&R Block. I submitted and application and received the phone call to set up an appointment for an interview period I was hired almost immediately.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I could multitask period I was also asked if I could be flexible with my schedule and if I was a team player. Lastly they asked me about my previous job experience and how it related to this position.   1 Answer