H&R Block Interview Questions | Glassdoor

H&R Block Interview Questions

Updated Jan 11, 2018

2.1

CSP Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&R Block.

Interview

Easy to get an interview because they need many staffs during the busy tax season. Take about 15 minutes. I don't know it was really easy for me

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at H&R Block (Knoxville, TN).

Interview

Bring your resume and then you will meet with 2 people. One of which will be your new manager. Briefly tell about yourself and answer any questions they have. Really laid back and comfortable feel when they talked to me.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your background and what brought you to H&R Block?   Answer Question

CPST Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hendersonville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at H&R Block (Hendersonville, TN).

Interview

Filled out paperwork. Talked with the interviewer for awhile. Showed two forms of identification and talked salary. We also discussed the possibility of becoming a tax preparer and what it took to achieve that for the future.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chula Vista, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at H&R Block (Chula Vista, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

Friendly and laid back. It was a group interview in which we were told what was expected of us should we get the position and how long the employment season would last. The interviewer asked us to tell her something about ourselves (a sales pitch of sorts): languages that we spoke, past experience, etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Covina, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at H&R Block (Covina, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

Filled out an app online was emailed open interview schedule for a nearby office within 2 days. Sat down with a office manager and she only asked if I had prior receptionist experience, could I use a computer and basic software programs. Interview was only 5 minutes max. You receive an email offer and sign up for a training class. I feel the preseason office manager was very inexperienced with the software programs and was dressed unprofessional.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at H&R Block (Akron, OH) in December 2017.

Interview

The hiring and interviewing process was extremely laid back. The laid back nature of the whole thing, at least for me, helped ease a lot of anxiety I probably would have had otherwise. The interview felt more like a conversation than an interview. It didn't feel like I was being drilled with questions and then judged upon my answers. This helped me to actually be able to portray myself the way I wanted to.

Interview Questions

• How have you handled situations where you've come across conflict at a previous job? When a customer got unfriendly and angry.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at H&R Block (Reno, NV) in November 2017.

Interview

Super Easy. Applied online. Received a call one day later telling me that they were interested. Interviewed the day after that. The interviewer was very laid back and told me to relax because it was his first time interviewing someone. Questions were very typical of a customer service position (How have you handled an angry customer and what did you do, what have you done to go out of your way to help someone, how have you handled a troubling coworker, etc.).

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you went above and beyond for a client/customer?   Answer Question

FIRST YEAR TAX PROFESSIONAL Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakewood, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&R Block (Lakewood, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

Someone called me for an interview. When I got to office where the interview was to be held, one female office person wearing jeans came to me and asked me what I needed. I told her I was there for an interview. She had me fill out paperwork and asked me for my ID's. I asked her why she needed them. She said in the Long Beach District they request the ID's to do the I-9 ahead of time. I thought this was weird but I cooperated. I think this is against the law but I'm not sure. I always thought one had to be hired first before being asked for IDs to do an I-9.

As for the actual interview, a female worker called me to meet with her. She asked if I had applied. She appeared to be rude and unprofessional as she was asking me. She didn't ask me any questions about my abilities, experience or just simple interview questions. She just wanted to know what hours I could work and nothing else. Our meeting took less than 10 minutes. Very unprofessional. From the first person I spoke to in the beginning to the person who screen me at the end - very unprofessional.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Upland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H&R Block (Upland, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

It was very friendly. Explained the job duties and what will happen if hired. The management were respectful and knowledgeable. The interviews were held one on one and personable. I felt very comfortable.

Anonymous Employee in New Bedford, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at H&R Block (New Bedford, MA) in November 2017.

Interview

I filled out the application I saw on Indeed and a few weeks later I got an email invite to a hire fair and was given an address and what times they were running the open interviews.

I wore a white & black dress, black leggings, a black Cardigan, and black flats and arrived at 11:50, I was the first one there and they had delicious donuts!

I met with the manager and we had a great interview. She gave me a form to fill out that detailed my availability, if anything interfered with my availability (such as my classes) and which locations I am interested in working in. and asking me some behavioral questions such as how have I handled a tough customer, when did I go above and beyond, and how far did I go to find out a customers needs and what was the outcome. When it was my turn to ask questions, I asked her what was training like. She described to me a basic rundown of my routine and detailed to me the "hardest" part about being a Receptionist.

The interview was great! When I got home I sent my interviewer a thank you email and she said we'd get in touch soon. I got the email offer a little over 2 weeks after my interview.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question