Halliburton Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Halliburton Interview Questions

Updated Oct 13, 2017

2.6

Landmark Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview

Submit resume through resume drop through University Portal. Met with Campus Recruiter for 60 min interview on campus. The next step was an in house interview at their office where you meet the team and get a more in depth interview with multiple people.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project you worked on that had a good outcome   Answer Question

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview

Pretty easy interview. Behavioral questions and to describe any difficult positions I was in and how I resolved them. Asked if I was willing to spend long hours out in the elements.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult time at your job and how you resolved it   Answer Question

Landmark Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Halliburton (College Station, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

it is a on campus interview. The interview is mainly about behavior question and resume. I was asked only one technical question at the very beginning of the interview. One person interview.

Associate Technical Professional - Frac/Acid Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Halliburton (Lafayette, LA) in September 2017.

Interview

Phone Interview of behavioral questions, Group presentations with open floor for questions, Face-to-face interview with the technical professionals from Halliburton. The entire interview process was carried out by the lead technical professional of the GOM.

Interview Questions

• What were your likes/dislikes about the job description?   1 Answer

Associate Technical Professional - Frac/Acid Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Halliburton (Lafayette, LA) in September 2017.

Interview

Straightforward interview process that gives you a clear picture of what working in this position looks like. Consisted of a phone interview and one in-person interview. It took a little over a month to be contacted after applying.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you stabilized an unsafe situation.   Answer Question
    • How do you handle working away from home for an extended period of time?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview

One interview in-person at recruiting event then one interview at work location with hiring manager. The onsite interview consisted of a site tour and interactions with employees who discussed what the role entails and keys to be successful in the role.

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview

Good. Basic Questions regarding teamwork, social skills, schooling, and past experience. A lot of emphasis on overcoming challenges, proving that you have overcome challenges with past experiences. Overall Average Difficulty

Interview Questions

• When Have you been challenged in a team setting.   1 Answer

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duncan, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Halliburton (Duncan, OK) in July 2017.

Interview

Short phone interview for pre-screening. Three employees in addition to the hiring manager. Described the role and the focus of their group and asked me to explain my background and interests.

Entry Level Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Halliburton (Carrollton, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

Got a call from a recruiter at Halliburton about a job as a design engineer in the completion tools department. After expressing my interest, the recruiter scheduled me for a phone interview with a hiring manager for the next day. The phone interview was about 30 minutes long in which time the hiring manager described the basic setup of the department I would be working in and what my job would entail, asking about my background, and discussing what engineering concepts I would be expected to answer questions on if I were to be called in for an on-site interview. After I ended the call, my recruiter called to ask how things had gone and let me know that she would call back either later that day or on Monday if they were interested in bringing me in for a second interview. As promised, on Monday the recruiter called to set up an on-site interview. Everyone I interacted with was very polite, prompt, and seemed quite organized.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you got the college GPA that you did. How did you manage to overcome struggles with raising your GPA?   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lupton, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Halliburton (Fort Lupton, CO) in July 2017.

Interview

Was contacted by recruiter through the school. The recruiter asked behavioural interview questions after which i was told to expect a second interview. For the second interview, flown out to Ft Lupton, Colorado. 2 day interview, first day, just going through the PSL's then dinner. Second day, go out to the field, get to see sone frac jobs in operation, see the cement lab then lunch, followed by an exit interview which consists of questions about what you saw during the second day.

Interview Questions

• whats the most important component in the frac fluid, the gel, the water or the proppant?   1 Answer