Halliburton Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Halliburton Interview Questions

Updated Aug 8, 2017

2.6

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview

One interview in-person at recruiting event then one interview at work location with hiring manager. The onsite interview consisted of a site tour and interactions with employees who discussed what the role entails and keys to be successful in the role.

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview

Good. Basic Questions regarding teamwork, social skills, schooling, and past experience. A lot of emphasis on overcoming challenges, proving that you have overcome challenges with past experiences. Overall Average Difficulty

Interview Questions

• When Have you been challenged in a team setting.   1 Answer

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duncan, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Halliburton (Duncan, OK) in July 2017.

Interview

Short phone interview for pre-screening. Three employees in addition to the hiring manager. Described the role and the focus of their group and asked me to explain my background and interests.

Entry Level Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Halliburton (Carrollton, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

Got a call from a recruiter at Halliburton about a job as a design engineer in the completion tools department. After expressing my interest, the recruiter scheduled me for a phone interview with a hiring manager for the next day. The phone interview was about 30 minutes long in which time the hiring manager described the basic setup of the department I would be working in and what my job would entail, asking about my background, and discussing what engineering concepts I would be expected to answer questions on if I were to be called in for an on-site interview. After I ended the call, my recruiter called to ask how things had gone and let me know that she would call back either later that day or on Monday if they were interested in bringing me in for a second interview. As promised, on Monday the recruiter called to set up an on-site interview. Everyone I interacted with was very polite, prompt, and seemed quite organized.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you got the college GPA that you did. How did you manage to overcome struggles with raising your GPA?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lupton, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Halliburton (Fort Lupton, CO) in July 2017.

Interview

Was contacted by recruiter through the school. The recruiter asked behavioural interview questions after which i was told to expect a second interview. For the second interview, flown out to Ft Lupton, Colorado. 2 day interview, first day, just going through the PSL's then dinner. Second day, go out to the field, get to see sone frac jobs in operation, see the cement lab then lunch, followed by an exit interview which consists of questions about what you saw during the second day.

Interview Questions

• whats the most important component in the frac fluid, the gel, the water or the proppant?   1 Answer

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview

I had a positive experience. It was a phone interview and they asked technical questions. They looked through my resume and asked me about the projects that I had been involved with and told be to further explain them.

Field Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Odessa, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Halliburton (Odessa, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

I was emailed one week ahead to schedule the interview. It was a phone interview with 3 different mangers on the line. The managers were asking questions only based on past experience that were on your resume.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you saw a co-worker not following working guidelines and putting themselves in danger.   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Halliburton (Houston, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

It was mostly a personality compatibility interview over the phone. We talked about the classes that I enjoyed the most and the classes I liked the least. I interviewed with two engineers and they were very friendly and easy to talk with.

Interview Questions

• Would you mind working and living in a small town?   1 Answer

Field Engineer - Production Enhancement Interview

Anonymous Employee in Odessa, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Halliburton (Odessa, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Interviewed in Austin, TX for first round of interviews during the university recruiting phase in February 2017. Passed to the next round, contingent on passing an aptitude test that weeds out unqualified applicants before the second round. Interviewed in Odessa, TX in June 2017 for three different product service lines (production enhancement, cementing, and completion tools). Went out to socialize with the interviewers and interviewees the first day and then given a tour of the yard the next day, went to lunch, given an overview of positions, pay and benefits, and an exit interview. Got called back the next day with an offer. Great process and great time interviewing in Odessa. Just be friendly, be sociable, do your research, pay attention, ask questions, and enjoy the experience.

Interview Questions

• Which PSL would you like to work for?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview

Went in 15 minutes early, and they weren't quite ready and didn't seem to be expecting people yet. Everyone in the parking lot backs into a parking space. The yard and parking lot are fenced in and have a guard house. Inside, there is a 5 mph speed limit everywhere. You must follow it.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw something unsafe while on a job?   Answer Question