Halliburton Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 10, 2018

2.6

Contract Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Halliburton (Houston, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

Three step. Phone screen, phone interview, panel interview. They called me to screen, then I as called for a phone interview with the hiring manager. Once that was passed, they brought me in for a panel interview with two contracts specialists and the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time that you had to work as a team to solve a problem, what you did to solve it and how it turned out.   3 Answers

Petrophysicist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Halliburton in July 2011.

Interview

Slow process. But great experience. pre interview by phone. Secon interview in person

Associate Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Halliburton (Houston, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

The interview process was easy. I applied online then someone called me and I went in and did the interview. Easy questions such as what have you done in your past and if you were hired what do you bring to the table.

Associate Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Halliburton (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

The main lobby was warm. The AC couldn't keep up while I waited an extra 20 minutes for my interview. As soon as the interview started, I felt like I was in trouble. I was sent here by a recruiter to fill a temp position. I understood it to be entry level for a new graduate. However the interviewer wanted someone who had experience with pre-credits, SAP, and actually working in the general ledger. I don't have that experience yet, so after fumbling through an answer, I admitted that I expected to gain that experience through this position, not already have it.

Interview Questions

• If you had a pre-payment of $3000 for 3 years, how would you handle it on a monthly basis?   1 Answer

Associate Chemist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alvarado, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Halliburton (Alvarado, TX) in April 2011.

Interview

The interview process was very laid back. It started with very general questions about my experience and led to a tour of the laboratory and went on to a tour of the facility. We ended the interview with a conversation about ourselves, a handshake and goodbye.

Interview Questions

• What is one of your strengths.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Kingsville, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Halliburton (Kingsville, TX).

Interview

Halliburton was doing campus recruiting. They interviewed several students. Only a few got 2nd interviews. They were flown to Odessa for a two day, see how everything works tour. Interviews were conducted and offer letters sent by email a month or so later. Recieved $10,000 bonus that is received $5000 initially, $2000 after some training and another $3000 later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Duncan, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Halliburton (Duncan, OK) in April 2014.

Interview

The process consisted of a total of 5 interviews. Each interview was 45 minutes long and involved talking directly to a hiring manager that was looking to fill positions for their product service line (PSL).

Interview Questions

• The process was at the max 3 technical questions then it was all about your resume.

Name a time you were in a group and experienced a set back, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview

Attended my university's career fair and talked with a TP from the field. Went to information session a couple weeks later and was asked to come in for an on-campus interview the next day. First interview was as described- very basic behavioral questions that anyone can answer. Whether or not interviewer likes you is dependent on your personality and character IMHO. Received email invitation for second interview ~5-6 weeks later. Second interview was very laid back. If you make it this far, you are doing very well. Whether you receive an offer is very dependent on your interest and interaction with the Halliburton team you are with. They will ask you questions during the two days on site (only one informal, exit 'interview') so pay attention.

Interview Questions

• What is the unit weight of cement?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Very good contract, good pay (a lot of bonuses in the field), and excellent benefits.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview

I first became interested in Halliburton through the engineering job fair. One note, they do not take resumes, you have to submit everything online. After going through the online process, I got an on campus interview. The on campus interview was pretty typical; sign up for a time slot, go and talk to a manager or HR rep. The questions were more or less about why you are interested in working for Halliburton. Some time after the initial interview I received an email for a second interview in Duncan, OK. The second interview was a kind of round Robbin type were you meet with a manager from one of the PSL's for about 30-45 minutes, talk and answer standard behavioral questions, then move on to a different manager. The second round interview is pretty much all day. After my second round I got a phone call a few days later giving me an offer for two different PSL's to choose from.

Interview Questions

• Like I said they are all pretty much standard behavioral questions. In fact some of the managers barely asked any of them because the conversation ran a little to long.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There really wasn't a negotiation phase, I'm sure this was because it is an entry level position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Halliburton (Lafayette, LA) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied through the University Career Services. A week or so after they called me for an on-campus interview. That one was pretty general. Just talk about yourself, why you want to be a Field Engineer, are you able to cope with long work hours etc... The person who interviewed me said that he would recommend me based on my answers and that I did pretty good on the interview. About a week after, I received an email instructing me to choose my top 3 locations and top 3 service lines. I chose Gulf of mexico, for I wanted to go off-shore. After that, HR got in touch with me to schedule a trip to Lafayette-LA for the second round interview. Here is where it gets tricky... There is no interview. This is a 2 day deal. First night we met at a nice restaurant with a 7-10 reps from Halliburton from their different service lines, and the other candidates. Many of the guys at my interview were new to Halliburton, 1-2 years with the company, and some had either recently break out or were close to do so. So during Dinner, just try to socialize. if you are 100% certain what service line you want, look for that rep and talk to him.. Socialize.. socialize.. that's what this is all about. If you want to play safe ask them about how many openings are in each PSL to improve your chances. I think I did the mistake of talking with the wrong people all night long.

Second day. Just meet over at their location and then sit for hours looking at the reps do presentations about the PSL they work for. Some presentations were good, others looked like they just put a whole bunch of slides together to do the presentation and get over with that. But anyways, its not you judging them. After all day off going thru presentations, you get to fill out a paper, once again, with your top 3 selection of PSLs. After that, the hiring manager from your top choice calls you into a F2F "interview" ... My interview went as follows:

"Any concerns about working for Halliburton? No, this is the job I want, I have researched about this position a lot, and I am really excited at this opportunity "

"Any problem with relocation? No, I'm 100% available for relocation or travel"

"When are you available to begin? I have my last final on Dec 15th 2014, I am available Dec 16th 2014. I'm not even attending the commencement (yes.. that's how eager I was to work with them)"

"Do you have any questions for us?" Here I asked about training schools and about some specifics about the PSL I chose

"You will hear from us within the next 2 weeks, bye."

So in short... the only advise I have for everyone doing this is, just socialize. To this date I don't know what I did wrong, my grades were good, my resume was good, have a 2 year long internship (although they didn't look at any of my transcripts nor resume during the second round). Also, you never get a chance to talk to your 2nd or 3rd choice of PSL, I don't know why they ask you about them.