Halliburton Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Halliburton Interview Questions

Updated Jul 19, 2017

2.6

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview

Good. Basic Questions regarding teamwork, social skills, schooling, and past experience. A lot of emphasis on overcoming challenges, proving that you have overcome challenges with past experiences. Overall Average Difficulty

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duncan, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Halliburton (Duncan, OK) in July 2017.

Interview

Short phone interview for pre-screening. Three employees in addition to the hiring manager. Described the role and the focus of their group and asked me to explain my background and interests.

Entry Level Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Halliburton (Carrollton, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

Got a call from a recruiter at Halliburton about a job as a design engineer in the completion tools department. After expressing my interest, the recruiter scheduled me for a phone interview with a hiring manager for the next day. The phone interview was about 30 minutes long in which time the hiring manager described the basic setup of the department I would be working in and what my job would entail, asking about my background, and discussing what engineering concepts I would be expected to answer questions on if I were to be called in for an on-site interview. After I ended the call, my recruiter called to ask how things had gone and let me know that she would call back either later that day or on Monday if they were interested in bringing me in for a second interview. As promised, on Monday the recruiter called to set up an on-site interview. Everyone I interacted with was very polite, prompt, and seemed quite organized.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you got the college GPA that you did. How did you manage to overcome struggles with raising your GPA?   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview

I had a positive experience. It was a phone interview and they asked technical questions. They looked through my resume and asked me about the projects that I had been involved with and told be to further explain them.

Field Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Odessa, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Halliburton (Odessa, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

I was emailed one week ahead to schedule the interview. It was a phone interview with 3 different mangers on the line. The managers were asking questions only based on past experience that were on your resume.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you saw a co-worker not following working guidelines and putting themselves in danger.   Answer Question

Field Engineer - Production Enhancement Interview

Anonymous Employee in Odessa, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Halliburton (Odessa, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Interviewed in Austin, TX for first round of interviews during the university recruiting phase in February 2017. Passed to the next round, contingent on passing an aptitude test that weeds out unqualified applicants before the second round. Interviewed in Odessa, TX in June 2017 for three different product service lines (production enhancement, cementing, and completion tools). Went out to socialize with the interviewers and interviewees the first day and then given a tour of the yard the next day, went to lunch, given an overview of positions, pay and benefits, and an exit interview. Got called back the next day with an offer. Great process and great time interviewing in Odessa. Just be friendly, be sociable, do your research, pay attention, ask questions, and enjoy the experience.

Interview Questions

• Which PSL would you like to work for?   1 Answer

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Halliburton (Houston, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

It was mostly a personality compatibility interview over the phone. We talked about the classes that I enjoyed the most and the classes I liked the least. I interviewed with two engineers and they were very friendly and easy to talk with.

Interview Questions

• Would you mind working and living in a small town?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview

Went in 15 minutes early, and they weren't quite ready and didn't seem to be expecting people yet. Everyone in the parking lot backs into a parking space. The yard and parking lot are fenced in and have a guard house. Inside, there is a 5 mph speed limit everywhere. You must follow it.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw something unsafe while on a job?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview

Halliburton kept calling me asking me to join the organization. They finally asked what salary would swing the decision to Halliburton. Consequently, there was not a formal interview as such. I went to lunch with the hiring authority and accepted the open position. I later discovered others were hired in this same manner.

Interview Questions

• The only question asked was what salary would you accept to jump on board the Halliburton train?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Halliburton (Houston, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

First interview was a phone interview. Asked behavioral questions and just talked about the role and training involved. Very laid back. I have the second interview in a few days which will be over Skype. I am interviewing for a position in north dakota. They were needing more personnel in the area at the time.

Interview Questions

• What was a good/bad decision you made recently?   1 Answer