Halliburton Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Halliburton Interview Questions

Updated Mar 20, 2017

2.6

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview

Rough.... But, short and odd. As I will explain below. Pretty sure my interviewer have been with Halliburton for a pretty long while. And has became very, very complacent. And does a lot of walking thru the motions.

Interview Questions

• Do you think your to old for the job. In my opinion you won't make it working under our conditions. Honestly, I think they needed employee's badly.   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Do not waste your time interviewing here. The HR person promised they would expense reimbursements and they never sent the paperwork. I'm $300 in the hole now as a student.

Associate Technical Professional - Frac/Acid Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Halliburton (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Applied online, next day later got an email for an interview days ahead. Lots of people, fill out a brief questioner about myself pretty easy. Waiting for a bit then got called for my interview and offer was presented to me.

Interview Questions

• Typically questions, nothing out of the ordinary.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Take as is

Engineer Interview

Interview

Recruited from college. 2 interviews. Second interview was very informative and immersive. There was a group but the interviews were done 1 on 1. Gas and travel was paid for, fairly enjoyable experience for an interview.

Electronics Technician I Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Reno, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Halliburton (El Reno, OK) in January 2017.

Interview

Very laid back but you are gonna be there for a while frist you sit and wait in the front office then the manager will come out and meet you then you have the tour of the facility and all the shops in the yard after that it's a normal interview typical questions a lot of computer questions

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a computer network   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Halliburton (Houston, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting. Set up interview with career center. Interviewed a week later. Very hard and unique behavioral questions which I barely managed to scrape through. The interviewers were very serious, getting straight to the point. Overall, not an impressive experience.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had a deadline that was change. How did you manage that process?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview

Info session the night before with standard behavioral based interview the next day. I skipped a major family event to attend the info session the night before the interview, and then interviewed the following day. It was a 45 minute behavioral interview, with standard questions. Despite having industry experience they opted for a classmate with little work experience. Additionally, they didn't even call me to tell me that I didn't get the internship. Seriously, missing a major family event to jump through your hoops, sitting through your interview, sending follow up emails, and you don't even call the people you didn't hire after an interview? Got a much better offer from a much better company. Seriously, what HR professional wants to work for an employer whose HR department doesn't even respond to people they interviewed? That's just basic courtesy.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions. Tell me about yourself. Tell me about a time you had to resolve a conflict.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Halliburton (Denver, CO) in December 2016.

Interview

Currently still in the process. First round interview was over the phone. Typical "walk me through your resume", 5 behavior/personal questions to be answered in the form of [Situation/Example] -> [Actions you took] -> [Result/What you learned]

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a high pressure situation between you and a colleague, peer, or professor   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a recent complex problem you were asked to solve   Answer Question
    • What do you you when you don't know something?   Answer Question
    • Were you ever in a group where a decision was made that you didn't agree with or in a project that went in a direction you didn't like and what did you do?   Answer Question
    • Was there any time a customer requested something reasonable? What did you do? (Customer, meaning like a teacher has a ridiculous assignment or something like that, not actual customer).   Answer Question

Operator Assistant - Frac/Acid Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Reno, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Halliburton (El Reno, OK) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied on the Halliburton jobs website and received a phone call about a week later requesting an interview. The next day I interviewed with the office supervisor for approximately 1 hour.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Halliburton?   1 Answer

Business Development Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview

On campus interview then final round interview at headquarters. The superday consists of about five candidates. It was a good experience, they treat you well. The superday has a dinner the night before, then interviews and a tour of the campus the next morning. Mainly recruit from southern schools.