Hertz Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 17, 2018

2.4

Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hertz (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Had an Interview with a District manager and someone from HR. Drove up to a location up in Sorrento Valley. Waited for about 10 mins and went in for the interview. They explained the job and the type of person they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you handled a difficult situation with a customer. Standard Interview question, just let them know that you have good customer service skills and that you are a team player.   1 Answer

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hertz (New York, NY) in March 2018.

Interview

I know you have your hopes up but just read this first.

Some background: About a week and a half ago I interviewed with hertz... they pulled a bait and switch. Advertised one job and then while interviewing me tried to get me to agree for something else... way below what I am qualified for and way less than my current pay. I was annoyed and disgusted, and I haven’t wasted my time with them since.

Fast forward to today... I get another call. Trying the exact same scam again. I tell the HR rep that they tried this already and she starts telling me how she has all these spaces to be filled in the coming weeks... but by this point I have had enough. I have four years of college and four years of management experience. I don’t want to work for someone who will jerk me around.

I’ve looked into hertz a little deeper. They want college grads to wash cars. They must treat people like garbage if their HR has to pull bait switch scams and canvas people like telemarketers.

Be aware and if they try anything with you, Run far away.

Branch Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hertz (Dearborn, MI) in March 2018.

Interview

It was very simple! I interviewed with the area manager. The interview was about an hour long in which he talked for about 30 minutes and asked questions after. I also got a chance to ask any other questions that were not already answered.

Interview Questions

• Was there a time when a customer was angry with you? How did you responnd?   Answer Question

Location Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Hertz in February 2018.

Interview

I got a phone call from a recruiter, they scheduled the interview for the next week. I had that interview and then the recruiter called me again and schedule a phone interview with the regional manager. The recruiter called me one last time to schedule a drug and background check. The interview was relatively easy just like basic questions

Branch Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Plaines, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hertz (Des Plaines, IL) in February 2018.

Interview

I was contacted by a Hertz recruiter after submitting my resume through my university. I submitted an online application as suggested. In the interim, she had spoken with my roommate who was assisting me. The recruiter, who was quite amicable, conducted a brief phone screen and arranged an interview within one week. During that conversation, she inquired if the person with whom she had spoken was my mother! I re-contacted the recruiter to inform her that I was an adult student seeking a career change, not a 20-30 something age wise as I did not want to waste my time. She said that it was OK. The onsite interview was not pleasant. The interviewer displayed obvious shock as I entered the room. Her interview style was condescending and unprofessional. If you are an experienced candidate age 40 or older, I suggest that you not waste your time with Hertz for management trainee roles. They also did not honor their set timeframe for getting back to me with response.

Interview Questions

• You do know that people are going to be yelling at you?   1 Answer

VSA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hertz (Atlanta, GA) in February 2018.

Interview

I did a phone interview, then went for an in person days later. The interview was very easy. The interviewer looked at my resume and asked me about my other job. She then went straight into asking me what my availability was.

Interview Questions

• Lady interviewing was nice she didn't really ask too many questions.   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hertz (Jacksonville, FL) in February 2018.

Interview

The HR team did a great job organizing the process and were very friendly. The Interviewers were well prepared and made the conversation easy. Overall it was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Who will this position be reporting to   1 Answer

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hertz.

Interview

So far I've had two recruiters from this company contact me. The first time it was a generic email blast that was likely sent out to every applicant for the job. It said a time, date, location, and said that they would be hiring for the position on the spot.

The first problem with this is that the date and time was just over a day away, about fifty miles from the actual store location, and happened to be a time frame (12-4) during normal business hours when many people are working (which I was). I emailed back saying that the notice was too short but that I was still interested in the job.

Several emails later we finally discovered that the recruiter never bothered to look at the my desired start date (six months in the future-because I graduate in May and applied in December).

The next time was a different recruiter who emailed me saying that they had called and left a voicemail, though I never received anything. I replied that my phone must not have collected the missed called and voicemail like it normally does, which is possible, but that I was interested in setting up a phone interview, which is what they asked of me.

I even sent them a few times and dates that I was available to talk and mentioned that if they had different availability to let me know and I could try to work around that. But they replied well after the dates I had that were free and simply asked for my number without responding to my question or acknowledging the days I had made available to them.

I sent my number and again asked what time would work well and have yet to hear a response weeks later. I sent a follow up email asking if they were still interested and saying that I still am, but they don't even have the time I guess to give a courtesy reply and let me know where they are at in the process.

I am disappointed that these practices are allowed to happen in such a large and seemingly distinguished company. You did not just put me off, you put me off to even using your services in the future. I have been a Hertz customer several times and I doubt I'll be back.

Even if someone is not your employee and will never be your employee treating them well can only help you. But if you don't treat them well, good luck with that philosophy.

Customer Service Function Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arnold, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hertz (Arnold, MO) in January 2018.

Interview

Applied online via job board. Got a call the following day from a recruiter where she went over the basics of what the job entailed. Asked a few questions around my background in management. From there she asked to schedule a face to face interview with the director of customer service and his boss. They both asked a lot of behavioral style questions as well as previous work experience. Got a call the follow day after the interview with a job offer.

Counter Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dulles, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hertz (Dulles, VA) in January 2018.

Interview

It was brief and they asked me about my past experiences. I explained with my best abilities and but they chose to hire American which I respect their decision.

Interview Questions

• How did you turn around unhappy customer in the past experience?   1 Answer