Hertz Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 19, 2017

2.4

Sales Counter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hertz (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online two weeks ago. After that they called me and spoke to me about the job and position and pay. They said the base pay was 11.25 plus commissions. They said commission was 8% of the up sales. The pay was weekly and commissions were payed every three weeks. And there was a bonus every three months.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to provide excellent customer service?   1 Answer

Location Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hertz (Las Vegas, NV) in October 2017.

Interview

It was a open interview with at least 50 people waiting for an interview. Some were prepared and some not so and showing up late. They had multiple people doing the interviews so it did not take very long for someone to call your name to be interviewed.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with the union?   1 Answer

Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Hertz.

Interview

They tell lies to get you to accept the position. You'll wash one or two cars... Not, you wash fleets of cars all day everyday, unless you work at a big airport. You're told you will work an occasional weekend but it's more like u will work two weekends a month, 9 days straight..

Branch Manager Trainee Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hertz in September 2017.

Interview

Did initial phone interview and was extremely unimpressed with how unorganized the HR rep was. She didn’t know my name initially and didn’t know the position that she was suppose to be speaking about. She referenced multiple salaries and then came saying an extremely low number saying it was the max allowed. Declined offer letter.

Interview Questions

Interview

I applied though a staffing agency , they set me up with a interview. The interview was pretty easy and straight forward. They asked questions off of a paper. The questions were scenarios and about something you have experienced.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woburn, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hertz (Woburn, MA) in September 2017.

Interview

I only got to the the first step in the process. I applied online and received a call right away to go to a career event in Woburn Ma. I went to the event followed the instructions however the Manager who was going to conduct the Interview was not there so I interviewed with the Branch Manager. He was totally turned off by me and I knew going in that I was not a typical Hertz Trainee candidate. That being said I was much older than anyone else I have interacted with during the process and not to sure if that was a factor. The following Day the Hiring Manager called me right away early in the Morning. I tried many times and sent numerous text and emails but blew me off all day. I called twice today and after the second He realize I was not going away and He told I was not going to be hired. Nothing worse that calling early in the Morning and not responding to any calls just to find out you didn't get the job. Not a great way to treat people.

Interview Questions

• He asked me Why Hertz? and twice how did I handle a difficult Customer. I guess once was not enough .   1 Answer

Branch Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Apex, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hertz (Apex, NC) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview process was about a six on the scale to one to ten. Nothing that really jumped out at me. Base questions were base answers. Read the reviews, because they helped me along the way. I'm not going to drag them through the mud and talk bad about them. But I would say I know this job was not for me. I got lied to about the pay rate. I make more at my other job. They told me that I would be making $12 an hour, after about 18 months I be promoted. I was told that I was going to get a call back within 12-48 hours. The phone call never came, or an email. I just think it's better to follow up to why I did not get the job, along with notes.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to come and work for them?   Answer Question
    • Give me a past experience when you had to deal with a bad customer or employee?   Answer Question
    • What are some goals that you would have set for working here?   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hertz.

Interview

You receive a call from a recruiter who will ask you a series of questions to gauge whether or not to pass you onto a in person interview. At the end of the call the recruiter will let you know if you passed then will schedule you for the in person interview. I personally only interviewed with one manager and got the job. Make sure you are prepared to answer questions about your work history, why you want to work for hertz, and emphasize your sales experience. I followed up the same day as the interview with a thank you email to the interviewer and got a call maybe a couple hours after my interview with an offer. Overall it was a positive experience!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, why hertz, and was asked a specific question about my past work history selling model   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hertz (Auburn, WA) in August 2017.

Interview

They were able to create a comfortable environment for me while still maintaining a very professional atmosphere. You could tell and first glance that the team was highly productive and got right down to business while still being a close knit work family.

Interview Questions

• How would you benefit to this position?   1 Answer

Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Decatur, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hertz (Decatur, GA) in August 2017.

Interview

It was A Very easy interview questions were normal interview questions just told about the job and went over pay and responsibilities it takes about two weeks to get hired from interview waiting on offer letter passing background check and drug test