Hertz Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hertz Interview Questions

Updated Jan 22, 2018

2.4

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hertz.

Interview

So far I've had two recruiters from this company contact me. The first time it was a generic email blast that was likely sent out to every applicant for the job. It said a time, date, location, and said that they would be hiring for the position on the spot.

The first problem with this is that the date and time was just over a day away, about fifty miles from the actual store location, and happened to be a time frame (12-4) during normal business hours when many people are working (which I was). I emailed back saying that the notice was too short but that I was still interested in the job.

Several emails later we finally discovered that the recruiter never bothered to look at the my desired start date (six months in the future-because I graduate in May and applied in December).

The next time was a different recruiter who emailed me saying that they had called and left a voicemail, though I never received anything. I replied that my phone must not have collected the missed called and voicemail like it normally does, which is possible, but that I was interested in setting up a phone interview, which is what they asked of me.

I even sent them a few times and dates that I was available to talk and mentioned that if they had different availability to let me know and I could try to work around that. But they replied well after the dates I had that were free and simply asked for my number without responding to my question or acknowledging the days I had made available to them.

I sent my number and again asked what time would work well and have yet to hear a response weeks later. I sent a follow up email asking if they were still interested and saying that I still am, but they don't even have the time I guess to give a courtesy reply and let me know where they are at in the process.

I am disappointed that these practices are allowed to happen in such a large and seemingly distinguished company. You did not just put me off, you put me off to even using your services in the future. I have been a Hertz customer several times and I doubt I'll be back.

Even if someone is not your employee and will never be your employee treating them well can only help you. But if you don't treat them well, good luck with that philosophy.

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Hertz (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Ask questions that require specific scenarios from your personal experience. Really looking for how hungry you are, how energetic, and how customer oriented you are. Never say or do anything negative. Come prepared to sell a randomly selected item. Never hint that you would ever not be willing to sell anything to anyone. Need is not a concern.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a particularly difficult customer you had and what was the outcome?   1 Answer

Manager Trainee Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Hertz.

Interview

Quick Response and interview scheduled within 24 hours of replying. But the interviewer never gave me a chance to start with, asked no job specific questions, so very biased. I can’t say what they was looking for because it doesn’t demand a lot from the position

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cherry Hill, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hertz (Cherry Hill, NJ).

Interview

Received a phone call out of the blue a couple days after applying from the regional recruiter. Started out as basic questions but turned into a full phone interview, which is extremely unprofessional IMO. Ended up going to an in-person interview a couple days later. I had a scheduled time, but there were other people already waiting to be interviewed, so I had to wait an additional 30 minutes or so. Finally got into the interview. Basic questions about myself and experience at first, but the interviewer actually took 3 or 4 phone calls DURING the interview. Again, unprofessional. Despite that, I thought it was going well until he said "Mind if we do a little role playing? Sell me a pair of shoes, go." Never received any additional correspondence after this interview. Not a place I would've wanted to work anyway. Look elsewhere!

Interview Questions

• Sell me a pair of shoes. Go.   1 Answer
    • You're a manager that has just been given an unrealistic deadline. How do you handle it?   Answer Question
    • What is your definition of customer service?   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hertz.

Interview

Applied online, scheduled a phone interview via email. Phone interview was quick about 10 minutes, scenario questions, then had an in person interview with two people. After that didn’t here a response for about four weeks.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hertz (Washington, DC) in November 2017.

Interview

got called in for an interview and was there a week later. i was told to make sure i have some questions ready. i arrived early to the place and was greeted by the staff and other airport staff. everyone was cool. i was quick and direct with my answers while always smiling. there were two people interviewing me. they both got emailed a copy of my resume but i gave them one as well. i got offered the job 30 mins after i left the place.

Interview Questions

• why this position. what i had to offer. am i willing to work the random hours   1 Answer

Production Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hertz (Boston, MA) in November 2017.

Interview

Was Contacted by the recruiter. Went to the interview at the airport location. It was straightforward. I got there on time. The admin building is a little hard to find to find, so leave early. He was really cool and seems easy going. Some questions were: Tell me about yourself. Strength and weaknesses, A time where you faced a challenge. Etc,

Interview Questions

• Pick 3 words that best describes you.   1 Answer

Assistant Branch Manager Interview

Application

The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Hertz.

Interview

I only had one interview with this company. Their culture is based on results achievement and team work. You need to be organized to work here. Attitude is important as they look for committed employees

Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hertz (Orlando, FL).

Interview

It is really bad experience about the processing I applied online after a week I got email to schedule phone interview. I sent email back for the interview then one of the human resource send me back to confirm the interview. I wait any one call me but no one called. I tried to call the human resource and send an Email again to see what happen no body answer. My advice do not waste your time with this unprofessional company and careless staff

Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hertz.

Interview

I got a phone call a few days after submitting an application, from that point I did 1 phone and 1 in person interview. They were your standard interview questions.