John Deere Engineering Development Program Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 17, 2017

3.2

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moline, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at John Deere (Moline, IL).

Interview

Expect to be grilled on the STAR method. Interviewer will interrupt you multiple times and tell you things like "you aren't answering my question correctly" and "don't tell me about that, tell me about this instead" to try to throw you off and frustrate you.

I also found them to be very accommodating and unresponsive.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you wanted to improve on a new skillset and how did you do it.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for John Deere

Engineering Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at John Deere.

Interview

The interview was only behavioral. The interview questions all came from the same booklet. In the booklet the interviewer could choose from three questions under each section. Over the course of my interview some questions were asked twice. The questions asked you to draw from past experiences to describe how you handled a specific situation.

Interview Questions

• Describe a conflict that occurred with a teammate. How did you handle that conflict?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at John Deere (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Approached them at university career fair, got called for an on-campus interview the next day. Within 2 days I received an offer to interview at headquarters in Moline. On-site interview took one morning and consisted of 2 interviews with a tour afterwards. Was told to expect a letter from them within 2 weeks regarding ANY decision (yes, no, still looking), but never heard anything from them. Everything up until the end was very nice and professional, but not hearing back led to a negative experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time.... (all STAR based behavioral questions)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at John Deere (Waterloo, IA) in October 2011.

Interview

I applied for this job through my university's job board and upon talking with the company at the career fair received an interview on campus. My interview was 30 minutes long and consisted of behavioral questions (Ex. Describe a time when you led a team) and an overview of my resume. I was accepted for a second round interview at the company which was a 6 hour event consisting of two, one-on-one interviews with engineers (comprised of behavioral questions) and then a tour of the facilities and lunch. I was offered the job a month later and was given one month to provide my decision.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were able to effectively communicate a difficult or unpleasant idea to a superior.   Answer Question