Juniper Networks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

1. Featured Interview

Systems Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Juniper Networks (Columbus, OH) in April 2016.

Interview

The process starts with update CV which needs to be thought out and future career aspirations in mind, not only past achievements. The interview process is handled by multiple interviewers which are would-be peers, co-workers, and managers. Everything from technical problem solving to life challenges with direct reports, conflict resolution and personal preference is asked. It can be a 2-4 month process and is very thorough.

Interview Questions

• How do you encourages team building and camaraderie?   1 Answer

Software Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Juniper Networks.

Interview

I applied for an intern position on their website. a few weeks later, the recruiter contacted me via email to setup a phone interview with the hiring manager. the hiring manager asked a few C programming questions. I've got a denial email right after the phone interview.

Interview Questions

• how would you find out whether the circular queue is full by using only the enque/deque pointers?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Juniper Networks (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

A phone screen and then on site, talked with 4 engineers and one manager. The phone screen was more about current experience and the on-site was focusing on technical details.

Interview Questions

• Reverse a linked list. Also, some networking concepts.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Interviewer was not interested in the process, was slow in asking questions, and did not engage well during the interview. Bad Experience overall.
    The questions were straightforward, but I didn't feel like the interviewer was interested, and this reduced my interest in giving answers drastically (up to a point where I just wanted it to get over)

Interview Questions

• Basic Networking questions and simple bit manipulation programming question   Answer Question

Customer Reference Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Juniper Networks (Sunnyvale, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Found the role on LinkedIn. Standard online application process. Recruiter reached out to me within a few days of applying. First call with Juniper recruiter was smooth. She asked the standard job qualification questions. I was asked to describe my work experience and background. The recruiter was very upbeat and a pleasure to speak with. Shortly after the initial call I received an email asking for my availability to speak with the hiring manager. That call went smoothly. I was then invited to come into the office to meet with the hiring manager and two people from the team. Within a few weeks Juniper had conducted reference checks and an offer was made.

Interview Questions

• Explain your process for gathering customer stories.
      How do you sell the benefits of a reference program to the customer?
      Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Juniper Networks (Austin, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

They had me answer questions through an online interviewing service and then spoke with me in person. The people remembered who I was when I talked with them in person because of the video, so it was a very personal and friendly interview process.

Interview Questions

• They asked me questions on how I would handle certain situations.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Juniper Networks (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

Pretty much common interview process. In the beginning, there was 1 hour Phone interview. Then, I was invited to Sunnyvale for on site. There were 6 technical interviews each one hour long. Second interview was by hiring manager. While, I was on my way back at the San Jose airport, the hiring manager called me to say that they have decided to make an offer.

Interview Questions

• 2 interviews on resume (prior experience), 2 on c and data-structures, 2 on networking fundamental. The difficulty level is typical hard-core product company which is kind of above average.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Initial phone screening for 30 minutes, consisting questions on resume.
    Onsite interview consisted of 5 rounds. Two interviewers asked questions relevant to the position and from my resume. 1 round was coding interview where I was asked to code, compile and execute 2 questions on a laptop in 30 minutes. Other two rounds were with interviewers who were full of ego. One interviewer was full of himself and just said "no you are wrong" to every sentence I spoke. He always told the opposite of what I said, though my statements were technically correct.

Interview Questions

• Detailed questions on networking concepts and their implementation at the deepest level.   Answer Question
    • Coding questions on strings, bit manipulation, data structures, linked lists and state machines   Answer Question

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Juniper Networks.

Interview

Had 3 interviews over 3 weeks. Some technical, but mostly scenario based questions. Reviewed resume background and also what type of jobs I've held in the past 10 years. Also asked about references.

Senior Big Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Juniper Networks (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

The process was pretty much quick starting with a phone screen of 30 mins and then followed by 3 hour on site.

The on-site is always restricted to 3 hours at Juniper unlike other companies which makes it a good experience. The on-site interview was more of a discussion involving one round of coding with the Manager.

The technical rounds are not at all complex and give a good idea about the role. Very important to have a good idea bout the role before you go in for the interview.

Interview Questions

• Find the largest sub-array that sum to a specified value   1 Answer

Not an exciting position

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Juniper Networks (Sunnyvale, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Some basic knowledge about network, TCP/IP and C coding. All those of basic knowledge, if you have experience on network or C language, you will give a perfect answer.
    The second round is two questions about data structure and algorithm. One of them is find pairs in an array which the difference between two elements in the array is the given number k.

Interview Questions

• Give a time, calculate the angle between the hour and the minutes in the clock.   Answer Question