Kaplan Director Development Program Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kaplan Director Development Program Interview Questions

2.5

Director Development Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kaplan in February 2009.

Interview

I applied online and got a call from HR for a screening interview. I then interviewed with a regional VP a few days later. I visited one of the campuses shortly afterwards to have a first hand look at their operations. A week later, I was invited to the final interview along with about 10 others in Chicago.

I had 5 interviews with some being one on one and others being two on one. The questions were insightful and designed to truly identify the best candidates. There is a strong need to prove your commitment to the company and program on a long term basis (otherwise you will not get the offer).

Got the final decision in less than a week.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle increasing drop out rates on your campus?   Answer Question
  • You come from a non-education background. Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Kaplan

Director Development Program Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kaplan in January 2011.

Interview

I had 2 interviews and 1 arranged "conversation" with a Kaplan employee who went to the same school as myself. The interviews were pretty straight forward. Almost totally focused on behavioral questions--if you know the STAR format of interviewing you should do well. Unlike many other interviews I've been on a felt that Kaplan was looking for the best person--not the person who could give the best answers--although I definitely have some doubts about the industry, Kaplan's interview process seemed very fair and straightforward.

Interview Questions

• How does working for Kaplan fit into your personal goals?   1 Answer

Director Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kaplan in July 2010.

Interview

2 phone interviews with a recruiter, a phone interview with an VP, then a day of in-person interviews with 3 different executives. The process was smooth and the recruiters were excellent in answering any questions I had. Make sure to have lots of different examples about things you have accomplished, teamwork, responsibilities, etc.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you were given a task without any direction and how did you accomplish it, what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Describe at time you had to help your team overcome differences to accomplish a goal?   Answer Question

Director Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kaplan in August 2009.

Interview

First 2 interviews were done over the phone. Final round was in Chicago with interviews all day. Before the final round of interviews, everyone does a site visit. They want to know that you are committed to and passionate about education. You also need to be willing to relocate.