Kaplan Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 15, 2017

2.8

LSAT Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kaplan (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

First round was submitting an "audition" explaining a test problem, then a technical interview where you teach more questions, then an interview with the local manager you would report to. Went really quick, fast to get the ball rolling.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Kaplan.

Interview

Brief assessment for designated test (e.g . SAT, ACT) must score within 90th percentile
    Video Interview
    Teachback video and interview

Everything is scheduled online and is typically over Skype or Hangout.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kaplan.

Interview

Video Submission, Phone Interview and Skype Interview. Interview was simple, the video submission required you to answer questions in a timed matter while being recorded but you can practice as many times as you want.

Marketing Outreach Representation Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kaplan in June 2017.

Interview

Initial phone interview, the hiring manager was amiable, clear, and up front about the job expectations, requirements, and time frame. Not a difficult interview, just the basic initial type of interview questions.

ESL Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Reached out by mail and got an interview and job within a few weeks. It was fairly easy if you are an experienced ESL teacher. You will be doing your lesson presentation in front of the other people applying for teaching positions.

Interview Questions

• Get ready to hold a lesson and to field questions about the grammar point you are using.   1 Answer

Bar Course Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kaplan (Miami, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

Very brief phone screening by Headhunter (less than 15 minutes) --> Then a super easy 10 Minute Phone Interview with a Kaplan person who was very nice and seemed very busy --> Background Check to make sure that I was safe for their students --> Official Offer. Very quick process, They contacted me the same day that I sent my resume, and everything was completed within a week.

Academic Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kaplan (New York, NY).

Interview

I met with the Director in person, then spoke with the GM over the phone. The first interview was long- about 1.5 hrs and the phone interview was short and quick. I was encouraged to apply later in the season for the position and was offered a teaching position until then. I declined.

Interview Questions

• It was basic- if you want to title and want to work in a school of this type you should do fine. Many of my questions were about my interest in ESL and experience living abroad.   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kaplan (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

the interview went smoothly, i met with two people who asked similar questions about education, work experience and skills. They focused mostly on my ability to the job and my past experiences and how i can use it to help them

Interview Questions

• How can you apply the skills you acquired in the past to this job?   Answer Question

Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kaplan (New York, NY).

Interview

I had a series of three interviews and an immediate offer at the end of it.
    1. "Audition" interview - recording yourself teaching a few GMAT questions
    2. Skype interview - with a regional faculty instructor; you have to demonstrate how you'd teach a class + usual HR questions
    3. Skype interview #2 - with a regional faculty manager; several HR questions

Interview Questions

• How would you motivate a student who's frustrated with his/her progress in your class?   Answer Question

MCAT Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Kaplan (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2017.

Interview

Step 1 was an application that included submitting proof of MCAT score in at least 90th percentile. I was then invited to submit an audition video. This consisted of teaching a topic for 2 mins and then teaching a related practice problem for 2 mins. I step 3 was an interview with a veteran teacher that consisted of teaching him/her a couple practice problems and answering questions about how to handle certain scenarios in class. Step 4 was an interview with a local manager which mostly involved learning more about what it would actually look like to work for Kaplan.

Interview Questions

• How to solve this problem? How to handle this situation?   Answer Question