Kaplan Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 11, 2017

2.8

ESL Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Reached out by mail and got an interview and job within a few weeks. It was fairly easy if you are an experienced ESL teacher. You will be doing your lesson presentation in front of the other people applying for teaching positions.

Interview Questions

• Get ready to hold a lesson and to field questions about the grammar point you are using.   1 Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kaplan (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

the interview went smoothly, i met with two people who asked similar questions about education, work experience and skills. They focused mostly on my ability to the job and my past experiences and how i can use it to help them

Interview Questions

• How can you apply the skills you acquired in the past to this job?   Answer Question

Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kaplan (New York, NY).

Interview

I had a series of three interviews and an immediate offer at the end of it.
    1. "Audition" interview - recording yourself teaching a few GMAT questions
    2. Skype interview - with a regional faculty instructor; you have to demonstrate how you'd teach a class + usual HR questions
    3. Skype interview #2 - with a regional faculty manager; several HR questions

Interview Questions

• How would you motivate a student who's frustrated with his/her progress in your class?   Answer Question

MCAT Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Kaplan (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2017.

Interview

Step 1 was an application that included submitting proof of MCAT score in at least 90th percentile. I was then invited to submit an audition video. This consisted of teaching a topic for 2 mins and then teaching a related practice problem for 2 mins. I step 3 was an interview with a veteran teacher that consisted of teaching him/her a couple practice problems and answering questions about how to handle certain scenarios in class. Step 4 was an interview with a local manager which mostly involved learning more about what it would actually look like to work for Kaplan.

Interview Questions

• How to solve this problem? How to handle this situation?   Answer Question

SAT Tutor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Kaplan in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received a response the next day in a generic email explaining the interview process and that they are interested in screening me. The first part of the screening begins with filming a 4 minute video presentation of yourself teaching how to solve an SAT problem among several options that they give you. I have not made it further than that. Others have described the full experience in greater detail, I am just reporting that my experience was consistent.

MCAT Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kaplan (Pittsburgh, PA) in January 2017.

Interview

Filled out an application first, then was contacted to complete an audition, which consisted of sending in a 4 minute video teaching two preprepared questions. Next, there was a technical interview approximately 1 hour long which also consisted of teaching four questions (given ahead of time). Last there was an interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• How do you teach a student that doesn't want to learn?   Answer Question

HEA Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kaplan (Houston, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

It was pretty straightforward. My interviewer started by asking me what I knew about Kaplan. He told me more about the company and how it's more than just test prep. He told me about the position. Asked me about my experiences, why I wanted the job and what skills I had that would prepare for the job. Asked why I wanted the position. We had a good conversation that lasted about an hour. He asked for references he could call and said he would contact me.

Interview Questions

• Do you feel comfortable working with primarily international students?   Answer Question

Government Relations Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

one interview. Pretty easy. It was my current boss and the women whose position I was taking over. Very friendly and professional. Probably took a total of 20 minutes. Normal questions like where do you see yourself, what is your prior experience, how does Kaplan fit into your plans, do you have any questions.

ESL Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Kaplan (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

2 observed classroom demos. Actual interview was very brief. Mostly just 2 demos. The first was in front of teachers and admin. The 2nd was in front of a classroom of about 14 students. 3 people were supposed to be interviewed, but only 2 showed up. You had to use an E Whiteboard without being told how, which is really the industry standard now. The lesson was supposed to be timed. 5 minutes for the first one and 10 minutes for the 2nd. Friendly people and nice classes.

International Educational Sales Adviser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Kaplan (Boston, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

I got an email after 2 weeks of waiting. Their Human Resources Generalist wrote to me saying that he wants to follow up with me and schedule a talk through phone.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about yourself?   Answer Question
    • what's the most difficult situation you have encountered in your current work.   Answer Question
    • Do you have any question about Kaplan?   1 Answer