Kaplan Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kaplan Interview Questions

Updated Nov 8, 2017

2.8

Tutor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kaplan in September 2017.

Interview

Several rounds that test teaching acumen as well as one's ability to connect with others. I believe the key is to be encouraging and positive throughout the process. Overall, this was a very positive and enjoyable experience.

Interview Questions

• Gave an example problem and asked me to explain how to solve it.   Answer Question

LSAT Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kaplan (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

First round was submitting an "audition" explaining a test problem, then a technical interview where you teach more questions, then an interview with the local manager you would report to. Went really quick, fast to get the ball rolling.

Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kaplan (San Francisco, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Submitted video interview of answering prepared questions and then scheduled a technical interview, which is a live Skype session with an instructor where you also teach prepared questions.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Kaplan.

Interview

Brief assessment for designated test (e.g . SAT, ACT) must score within 90th percentile
    Video Interview
    Teachback video and interview

Everything is scheduled online and is typically over Skype or Hangout.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kaplan.

Interview

Video Submission, Phone Interview and Skype Interview. Interview was simple, the video submission required you to answer questions in a timed matter while being recorded but you can practice as many times as you want.

Marketing Outreach Representation Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kaplan in June 2017.

Interview

Initial phone interview, the hiring manager was amiable, clear, and up front about the job expectations, requirements, and time frame. Not a difficult interview, just the basic initial type of interview questions.

ESL Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Reached out by mail and got an interview and job within a few weeks. It was fairly easy if you are an experienced ESL teacher. You will be doing your lesson presentation in front of the other people applying for teaching positions.

Interview Questions

• Get ready to hold a lesson and to field questions about the grammar point you are using.   1 Answer

Bar Course Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kaplan (Miami, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

Very brief phone screening by Headhunter (less than 15 minutes) --> Then a super easy 10 Minute Phone Interview with a Kaplan person who was very nice and seemed very busy --> Background Check to make sure that I was safe for their students --> Official Offer. Very quick process, They contacted me the same day that I sent my resume, and everything was completed within a week.

Academic Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kaplan (New York, NY).

Interview

I met with the Director in person, then spoke with the GM over the phone. The first interview was long- about 1.5 hrs and the phone interview was short and quick. I was encouraged to apply later in the season for the position and was offered a teaching position until then. I declined.

Interview Questions

• It was basic- if you want to title and want to work in a school of this type you should do fine. Many of my questions were about my interest in ESL and experience living abroad.   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kaplan (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

the interview went smoothly, i met with two people who asked similar questions about education, work experience and skills. They focused mostly on my ability to the job and my past experiences and how i can use it to help them

Interview Questions

• How can you apply the skills you acquired in the past to this job?   Answer Question