Kaplan Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Kaplan Interview Questions

Interviews at Kaplan

2.7

Paralegal Interview

Interview

Went in for an interview - was supposed to meet with 2 but only 1 showed up. Didn't have a copy of the resume, asked irrelevant questions, and then went out to look for the other interviewer and returned 5 minutes later saying he's not in the office. Seemed not invested in the interview at all. Was a waste of my time.

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Kaplan (Madison, WI) in March 2013.

Interview

Standard questions along with a 5 minute "how to" presentation. Had initial in person interview along with a follow up interview a few days later. Was given assignment about preparing and presenting a 5 minute how to presentation on a topic of my choice. For example how to hit a baseball or how to prepare for a marathon. Just to give them a basic sense of presentation skills and acumen.

Associate Producer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kaplan.

Interview

Applied online. Received an email from the recruiter asking to schedule for a phone interview. Called me 15 minutes late , I couldn't proceed because i was at work, she then rescheduled for the following week. Same thing happened, called me 15 minutes late, had no choice but to continue with the interview. Very unprofessional and disrespectful of other people's time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kaplan (Alpharetta, GA) in January 2014.

Interview

Well the interview process was not very difficult. They emailed shortly after I applied to set up interview time. He called and asked some questions about my experience and goals. Also where do I see myself type question.

Interview Questions

• Where do I see myself in the next 5 years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kaplan (Alpharetta, GA) in July 2013.

Interview

I applied online for the staff accountant position, and about a week later I got an email requesting a phone interview. I responded the same day and set the interview up for the next day. The interview went well. He asked me questions based off of my resume. Questions like what were your duties at this position? Why do you want to work for Kaplan?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Kaplan (Alpharetta, GA) in January 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter in early December 2012 for a phone interview and didn't hear back from them until mid-January for a personal interview with two Senior Accountants. The interview was quite casual, where the interviewers asked a series of behavioral questions and then questions based on what was on my resume. The interview lasted about an hour then I received a call from them on my way home to schedule an interview with the department's VP for the following week. The questions asked by the VP were mostly behavioral and also included questions regarding concerns I had about my ability to complete the tasks that will be required. I was told towards the end of the interview that they will make a decision the following week however I didn't hear back from them within the time frame mentioned and saw a few days later that the position was re-posted on the company's website. They called me with an offer about two weeks after my last interview.

Interview Questions

• Of the three candidates we are selecting from, why should we hire you?   Answer Question

The salary offered for the position was higher than expected however I received a higher offer from another company.

Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kaplan (New York, NY).

Interview

Panel interview of 3 managers who ask questions and are very welcoming and friendly. They were very professional and very informative. I would recommend others to apply and experience this process for themselves.

Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mission, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kaplan (Mission, KS) in April 2008.

Interview

The "Center Manager" is the person who will do your interview. He was the person who called me about a week or so before. I think the standards are low because the pay is low, but they still have to have someone there who will be there alone, so the person has to be at least reliable. He ask me simple questions, and asked me a few things about my resume.

Interview Questions

• Do you have Customer Service experience?   1 Answer
    • How did your past experiences help your customer service?   1 Answer

Negotiation

He told me everyone who takes this position starts at $7.00USD/ hour, and told me I would never get a raise. This turned out to be wrong as the "Center Director" gave me a $1 raise after six months.

Center Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Kaplan (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

Very intense. Many interviews. Definitely want the right person. In person. Asked great questions. Wanted to know a lot about candidate and work history philosophy took a test. Enjoyed the process and everyone that I met. Great follow up and communication throughout. Took about six weeks from application. Just sent in allocation online and they called me.

Oracle Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kaplan (New York, NY) in July 2011.

Interview

Applied online, got a call from HR within a couple of days, generic questions such why do you want to make a move, what makes you a good employee etc, then setup a call with IT Manager. 2 rounds of technical interview with the same person. First was a telephonic interview, questions to understand how good the candidate is with Oracle ERP, second was a webconference kind of interview in which interviewer asked me to navigate Oracle screens and similar stuff. Than they spoke to the references i provided, setup a call with Director, very generic questions, it was more of a discussion. Sent offer letter within 2 days.

Negotiation

Not much, very minimal hike from the original offer.