Kaplan Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 6, 2018

2.8

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Kaplan (Madison, WI) in March 2013.

Interview

Standard questions along with a 5 minute "how to" presentation. Had initial in person interview along with a follow up interview a few days later. Was given assignment about preparing and presenting a 5 minute how to presentation on a topic of my choice. For example how to hit a baseball or how to prepare for a marathon. Just to give them a basic sense of presentation skills and acumen.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kaplan (Alpharetta, GA) in January 2014.

Interview

Well the interview process was not very difficult. They emailed shortly after I applied to set up interview time. He called and asked some questions about my experience and goals. Also where do I see myself type question.

Interview Questions

• Where do I see myself in the next 5 years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kaplan (Alpharetta, GA) in July 2013.

Interview

I applied online for the staff accountant position, and about a week later I got an email requesting a phone interview. I responded the same day and set the interview up for the next day. The interview went well. He asked me questions based off of my resume. Questions like what were your duties at this position? Why do you want to work for Kaplan?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Kaplan (Alpharetta, GA) in January 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter in early December 2012 for a phone interview and didn't hear back from them until mid-January for a personal interview with two Senior Accountants. The interview was quite casual, where the interviewers asked a series of behavioral questions and then questions based on what was on my resume. The interview lasted about an hour then I received a call from them on my way home to schedule an interview with the department's VP for the following week. The questions asked by the VP were mostly behavioral and also included questions regarding concerns I had about my ability to complete the tasks that will be required. I was told towards the end of the interview that they will make a decision the following week however I didn't hear back from them within the time frame mentioned and saw a few days later that the position was re-posted on the company's website. They called me with an offer about two weeks after my last interview.

Interview Questions

• Of the three candidates we are selecting from, why should we hire you?   Answer Question

The salary offered for the position was higher than expected however I received a higher offer from another company.

Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mission, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kaplan (Mission, KS) in April 2008.

Interview

The "Center Manager" is the person who will do your interview. He was the person who called me about a week or so before. I think the standards are low because the pay is low, but they still have to have someone there who will be there alone, so the person has to be at least reliable. He ask me simple questions, and asked me a few things about my resume.

Interview Questions

• Do you have Customer Service experience?   1 Answer
    • How did your past experiences help your customer service?   1 Answer

Negotiation

He told me everyone who takes this position starts at $7.00USD/ hour, and told me I would never get a raise. This turned out to be wrong as the "Center Director" gave me a $1 raise after six months.

Center Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Kaplan (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

Very intense. Many interviews. Definitely want the right person. In person. Asked great questions. Wanted to know a lot about candidate and work history philosophy took a test. Enjoyed the process and everyone that I met. Great follow up and communication throughout. Took about six weeks from application. Just sent in allocation online and they called me.

Oracle Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kaplan (New York, NY) in July 2011.

Interview

Applied online, got a call from HR within a couple of days, generic questions such why do you want to make a move, what makes you a good employee etc, then setup a call with IT Manager. 2 rounds of technical interview with the same person. First was a telephonic interview, questions to understand how good the candidate is with Oracle ERP, second was a webconference kind of interview in which interviewer asked me to navigate Oracle screens and similar stuff. Than they spoke to the references i provided, setup a call with Director, very generic questions, it was more of a discussion. Sent offer letter within 2 days.

Negotiation

Not much, very minimal hike from the original offer.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in La Crosse, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Kaplan (La Crosse, WI) in May 2010.

Interview

I was interviewed by a team of people, first the manager, then a group of 2 or 3 guys who followed up with their own set of questions. After talking with them I was handed a very difficult written test - I was later told that I had a decent set of answers, in spite of incorrectly answering 40% of the questions. The questions were a bit text book, but after I was done I got to talk to the same 2-3 guys. I enjoyed that team interview phase, because there wasn't much of a lull at any point.

Interview Questions

• There was a question regarding memory collection in C, looking for a very specific answer.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I probably did not get as much as I would have liked, but I was in a situation where I was ready to move on.

Admissions Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kaplan in June 2009.

Interview

There was a telephone pre-interview and then a meeting with an HR representative. Then they had me meet with the managers of the department the job was in. They gave a realistic view of the job duties including the enrollment goals and call metrics expected. The interview process was very thorough. However, the possible commission turned out to be exaggerated. What they called an average turns out to be a very small minority.

Interview Questions

• They asked how I would handle someone who requested information but said they didn't have time to talk to an advisor.   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/A

Admissions Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kaplan (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in March 2012.

Interview

I had to take a computer test where I was asked to attach a document to an email. Then I was interviewed for 30 minutes by HR. Then one of the Admissions Directors interviewed me. Everyone was pleasant and professional. I didn't wait very long in the lobby..

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate.