Kareo Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 9, 2018

1. Featured Interview

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kareo (Irvine, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

The process was very standard, phone screening and then onsite interview, the questions wasn't too difficult, the interviewers were very friendly, they asked some algorithm and design questions and answered all my questions
    I interviewed over 20 companies in the last month, and Kareo by far is the most professional company, they worked with me, answered my questions and concerns and didn't push me for a decision, they wanted to make sure it's good fit for both parties, and that's why i accepted their offer

Interview Questions

Kareo Response

Apr 2, 2018 – Sr. Recruiter

Thank you for providing your feedback. I am glad you had a great experience and welcome to the team!

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kareo (Irvine, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process was timely and smooth. I had 4 interviews total which is more than any other job I've applied for but I knew it was necessary for both parties to decide if we were a good fit for each other. My interview with the VP was the toughest but that is to be expected.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I negotiated base salary and time off

Java Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kareo (Irvine, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

After speaking to recruiters, there was a thirty minute technically probing telephone interview, followed by full day on site in Irvine. The onsite was haphazard--junior people were thrown in at the last minute to sub for senior people (without any prep), the person I was supposed to work for (out of SF office) had just been hired and been there for three days, the senior manager backed out of schedule early on, etc. Cab fare to/from airport was not even offered to be paid for, but wasn't much--$30 total. Lunch was bought by two mid-level interviewers who were great. The most technical interview was moderately difficult and delivered by long term senior engineers.

Interview Questions

• Q: complex topical question about solving a problem with a data structure and algorithm to transverse it effeciently   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Kareo.

Interview

Phone screen. Then on site interview. The interview was really technical. I would recommend someone to review their design pattern, data structure and algorithm thoroughly. They are looking for someone with high standard.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kareo in April 2013.

Interview

A friend of mine interviewed with the company. He put me in touch the internal recruiter. I talked to him on the phone for about 40 minutes or so. At first, the call was pretty straight forward. He ask about my background, what I was looking for, why I wanted to leave my current job, the normal HR stuff. But I could tell from the technical questions he ask, that I wasn't going to get the job. I didn't go to the next round because the recruiter said my technical skills were not strong enough. Based on the type of question he ask me, it seemed like I maybe wasn't experienced enough for the position anyway. He gave me the answers to some of the technical questions I got wrong and recommended a few meetups I should start going to. I would like to try again with this company sometime.

Interview Questions

• Asked about database structure, mvc framework, OOP, agile, mongodb.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

After applying I received email saying job position had been filled. One week later I got another email asking to schedule a phone interview and I replied with my schedule the next day. After that I never heard back, I tried sending a follow up email but still no response. I was looking forward to learning more about them, but oh well.

Interview Questions

• When are you available for a phone chat?   1 Answer

Jul 7, 2016 – Sr. Recruiter

I am very sorry to hear you had a bad experience. Our applicant tracking system has some hic-ups a while back and I think your emails may have gotten caught up in that glitch. However, that is still... More

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Kareo.

Interview

It was simple. The questions were basic. Two coding questions which were whiteboard. Then they asked me about my coursework projects and past experience in programming. They were friendly.

Application

Interview

The interview process was straight to the point. It lasted about 2 hours. The interviewers went straight to a design question and two algorithm questions. It was a super fun experience.

Interview Questions

• Can you design a appointment system where internal users can schedule meetings and view employee status?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Kareo (Irvine, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

The first two rounds were phone interview include knowing each other and technical questions. And then, I got an onsite interview in Irvine. I feel they are looking for someone with high standard. They did not really reject me, but told me that the position has been canceled(First time heard about it :) ). I learnt a lot from the whole interview, HR Gretchen Benes is one the best HR that I have ever met, very kind.

Interview Questions

Kareo Response

Nov 10, 2016 – Sr. Recruiter

We are so glad you had a positive experience. You never know what the future holds.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kareo (Irvine, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

The initial phone screen / interview was with a team lead and/or engineering manager. In addition to the usual questions about your background, they asked a few technical questions. If you passed the screen, they brought you in for an in-person interview that was 4-non-stop-hours-long, with 3 panels of 2 engineers from various project teams. Be prepared for technical whiteboard collaboration.

Collections Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kareo (Irvine, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

They held a 30 minute phone interview hosted by a pleasant and professional young woman named Amy Watson. Then there was an invitation to their offices for a tour of the facility (impressive) and then a 1 on 1 interview with Suzanne Schutt.

Interview Questions

Kareo Response

Oct 15, 2015 – Sr. Recruiter

I know it can be difficult not get get an offer, but I am glad your experience was positive. Yes, Amy does a good job, we are lucky to have her.