Kareo Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kareo Interview Questions

Updated Jan 18, 2018

1. Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kareo (Irvine, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Interview process consisted of two phone interviews and an in-person interview over the course of a week and a half. Hiring team really cares about keeping candidates up to speed on next steps. As a whole, the process was very enjoyable as a candidate.

Senior Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kareo (Irvine, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

got a phone call from an internal recruiter, was invited for an on-site, to met with the brass, they were reasonable and professional, Chris, Steven, Nit and Pam were like family

KMB Field Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Kareo (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Gretchen, Recruiter was amazing! Hiring Manager...not so much. I called recruiter to tell her I was not going to proceed with the Panel Interview with Leadership because the hiring manager with very distasteful., snobby, and rude! Offer was 35% less than what I made in base from my past company too. I need a job...not this one! Trader Joes is always hiring!

Interview Questions

• Why Kareo, you do not have a medical background?   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Kareo (Irvine, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

First a phone interview with the manager to go through the company, the development team and my background. Making sure the role matches my experience.
    Two technical interviews, both started with talking about the company and my experience.
    One was more focused towards software architecture and the other one towards solving problems with algorithms.

UX Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Kareo (Irvine, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

First had a gating call with one of the UX designers to talk about the role and the company's general approach to doing UX work.

Once past the first call, I had a phone screen with HR to talk about how the company generally runs and the benefits that would be available to me.

Then follows the onsite interview. I met with various team members from development to marketing to product management. Some meetings were in an interview format. The meeting with product managers involved a whiteboard session where I had to brainstorm issues and solutions to a fictional problem. Lastly, I presented slides I prepared for a design challenge that was given to me after the HR phone call.

There was another onsite interview where I spoke with more team leaders including my potential immediate supervisor.

Interview Questions

• How would your proposed UX research strategy work with constraints on time and resources?   Answer Question
    • Describe something interesting about one of the projects on your portfolio.   Answer Question
    • How would you give feedback on a design that you thought was bad?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kareo (Irvine, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online, went through phone interview, was asked to come onsite.

Went through interview with different groups of people for 3 hours. Technical questions - algorithms, data structures, design, web API, problem solving.

I was stuck on some aspects of algorithm white-board coding, although I explained how to solve the algorithm verbally. Was kind of a big mood killer when they showed negativity very openly, saying things like "there's no point to ask anything else". Then there was a question with an answer that nobody would guess what's on that person's mind. Question was on what to do to optimize RESTful web API performance. After several approaches it turns out they were looking for "make RESTful API stateless" - really? I commented saying, "it is stateless by definition" and got as reply - "well, sometimes it could have state"... Then there was a question on SQL query - I think they were shooting for "WITH"-kind of grouping query - I didn't remember the syntax on how it should be. But this last one was under the negativity that they had started showing and rushing to get it over with. This was with the first group of engineers. After they left, I saw and heard them talking to another group - one guy was very distinctively shaking his head and saying, "he's no good". After this I really just wanted to wrap it up and leave.

The next group of people I think felt my discouragement, I answered the questions pretty well in my point of view, but it took me some time to pull myself together after the first round :). There was a question they asked on algorithm which turned out to be poorly asked - I created a piece of code that was doing one thing according to the task I heard and was told at the end that the task was something else - they were not clear on that.

The third group of people was concerned about my mood and the impression I made - I explained why I was feeling that way and sincerely apologized. We had great conversation - some design questions, some software and web API.

Overall - great company, great tour, atmosphere, I really liked it, but the interview process wasn't that of a good experience for me :)

Medical Biller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wake Forest, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kareo (Wake Forest, NC) in May 2017.

Interview

Was interviewed by Tracy. She described the position and answered all my questions. She was very helpful and precise about what they were looking for. Then I had to take a test concerning my knowledge of medical billing and terminology.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Kareo (Irvine, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

After submitting my resume and application, I received a phone call interview that led to an in person interview shortly after. The phone screening was on average with respect to difficulty and lasted about 30 minutes, while the in person interview was a little easier and lasted about an hour (including a tour of the office).

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kareo (Irvine, CA).

Interview

I was found on LinkedIn by their corporate recruiter and agreed to a phone call about the position. Gretchen did an extremely good job of conveying what they were looking for in a candidate and also made me laugh a few times! In person interviews with sales manager and sales director were informative and pleasant. Make sure you're well-versed in the sales process as this is a fundamental topic they want to focus on. Overall, best interview process I've experienced.

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kareo (Irvine, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

First interview was via phone with Gretchen. She's amazing and really sold me on the great qualities of Kareo. Next was a phone interview with the sales manager John and finally an In person interview with the sales director (also John). Both were very knowledgeable and outlined exactly what they expect from new hires. While process was just over 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Describe your sales experience and how it could translate to selling software.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation but salary is fair.