Keller Williams Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Keller Williams Interview Questions

Interviews at Keller Williams

2.3

N/A Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Keller Williams.

Interview

I had two initial phone interviews, one with a recruiter and one with someone over the department I applied to work within. Next, I was sent a "personality" assessment that took about an hour to complete. After that, I was called in for an in-person interview where we discussed the personality assessment in depth. I was called in for about 4 more in person interviews, met the team, went over my life goals, and then didn't hear back for about a week. Upon leaving, I was told that I was going to be great on this team and that they would get back to me within one day. I have a full time job and took complete days off of work to attend these interviews which were about 3 hours each and always at different times of the day. I emailed multiple times and finally heard back that the position had been filled internally. Don't waste your time and make sure that you know they're not just checking a box when they interview you. Seemed like a really great company and I thought I was a great fit, so was disappointed to find out that this was all for show.

Interview Questions

• What are your major goals in life? (Financially, personally, professionally, etc.)   Answer Question
    • What are the four most important things in life in your opinion?   Answer Question
    • How are you at working with a team/working autonomously?   Answer Question

Real Estate Broker Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Keller Williams.

Interview

You just have to call the office. I got an appointment for the next day. It is very easy and fast process. Be ready to go this your list of questions.

Interview Questions

• As a real estate broker, you are asking the question. You want to know if you want to work for/with them.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Keller Williams.

Interview

Since you're working as a consultant, rather than an employee, the process is very easy. The interviewer asked me a few questions about why I wanted to be in real estate and then we simply had a conversation about the job.

Director of Agent Services Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Keller Williams in April 2020.

Interview

Interviewer was lovely and thorough.

Don’t be misled though by the title - this is an hourly, entry level position - interviewer asked a lot of high level questions and thinking. A little intense for $17/hr.

I chose to not to move forward once I asked about comp.

Interviewer should be more transparent with pay and qualifying candidates better.

Real Estate Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Keller Williams (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2020.

Interview

Informal "get to know you" session followed by an overview of the company and benefits to joining. The interview lasted about an hour. This included a tour of the office and an introduction to some of the staff.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Keller Williams (Austin, TX).

Interview

I was approached by a recruiter on LinkedIn who set sent me one of their KW personality assessments. That test was fairly straightforward and I was feeling good about the whole process until I had to go in for the personal interviews. Starting from the scheduling, the interview process felt very unorganized. I was not told who I would be meeting with, how many interviews there would or what'd be the topics of the interviews. The only heads-up that was given was the HM would be reviewing the personality assessment with me. It ended up being a huge questionnaire asking for specifics around my test responses. Took about 2.5 hours. The HM looked uninterested from the get-go and made it look like he was being forcefully made to go through the routine. That was the end of the first session after which they sent me home.

A week later after some follow ups, the recruiter told me how the HM was impressed and wanted me to come in to meet the team. Again, no schedule or details of how that was going to be setup. I was just asked to show up at a specific time in the morning. The first interview was again with the HM where I had to walk him through my 'life story'. The second interview was with a 3 people panel that was huddled in a tiny cube. They all looked surprised when I showed up and basically ended up working through their daily routine while they interviewed me. Very unprofessional.

2 weeks later, I called the recruiter after not getting a reply to my emails. He non-chalantly mentions that the hiring manager liked someone else and might make an offer to that individual. He just hasn't made up his mind yet.

Interview Questions

• From the beginning of your career to today, create a map of your life story   Answer Question
    • Have you worked in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment?   Answer Question

Media Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Joplin, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Keller Williams (Joplin, MO).

Interview

Interview process was long, took about 3 different interviews in about a 2-3 week span. Which I'm sure is a good thing, the company really is serious about who they want on their team - which I learned to be very true with this company.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to be outgoing and sociable with your team and clients when it is necessary, and also put your head down and work when it is time to focus on a project?   1 Answer

Commitment Administrator/Client Success Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Keller Williams (Austin, TX).

Interview

I had initially applied to the Commitment Administrator position at Keller Williams in Austin, Texas. While they do have a lengthy, slightly invasive interview process - I followed through to the end. The whole process consisted of an initial phone interview, a 2 hour in person interview that reviews your assessment, another in person interview with the hiring manager, then finally a team interview. In total I spent about 6 hours interviewing for the position. I ended up not getting the job, which I understood, and the hiring manager referred me to a new position in a different department. I then was contacted by a recruiter and was told I would interview in an expedited process for the new position, but in reality I just ended up having to do the interview process all over again. Again, I spent about 6 hours interviewing. I again ended up not getting the job because they felt I wasn’t quite ready for it, but offered me the receptionist position which I felt was a huge slap in the face as I overqualified for that position. Additionally, they should have been able to discern that I wasn’t ready for the position when they looked at my resume as well as our first in person interview for the second position. It should not have taken a 3 hour long interview about my personal life to figure that out. Both of the interview processes were incredibly invasive and they grill you on personal aspects of your life that you should not be required to disclose to an employer. I felt very uncomfortable with being pushed to disclose such personal aspects of my life with people that I do not know. While I do think that the interview process really allows hiring managers to know who they are hiring, I think they could do better at condensing the process and avoiding asking such personal questions.

Interview Questions

• If in 5 years everything was perfect in your personal life, what would that look like to you?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Keller Williams (Austin, TX) in November 2019.

Interview

Conversational and Technical.

The tech phone screen and conversation with the hiring manager are both ehhh. This is another big non-tech company trying to make a tech pivot. They'll pick your brain so they can implement the solution themselves. The compensation is WAY below market for the skillsets they're requiring. As for the benefits, I do not know any details.

Don't expect to get anything but interview practice from KW. Don't believe me? Ask any Austin recruiter that works with them or look at any reputable job board and see how long their Engineering positions have been posted/reposted. As for the salary, refer to the same resources previously mentioned as well as the company reviews on Glassdoor.

KWI is interview practice.

Interview Questions

• Typical information mining questions to help the department without hiring the necessary help.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Puyallup, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Keller Williams (Puyallup, WA) in November 2019.

Interview

Getting to meet the team and also doing personal assessments to see if you're a good fit for the position. Very fun and interactive, you end up learning a lot about yourself and get a great sense of the team you will be working with.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer