KeyBank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 8, 2018

2.7

Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KeyBank (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

More conversational, laid back, and not what one would expect. First a phone interview was set up one week in advance. Then after a week of waiting a face to face interview. Then another week of waiting.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Little or none

Lead Analyst/Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at KeyBank (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

While I have participated and conducted both group and individual interviews, it is my personal preference to have one on one interview. This fosters better communication and blend between the applicant and the hiring official. Questions that involve career aspirations are always helpful as it displays the direction for the applicant.

Interview Questions

• Personal feelings and/or opinions about prior management. Styles are important to understand but feelings that are perceived as personal are difficult as they may or may not articulate management style (i.e. micro managing).   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes, I was able to negotiate. My recommendation for others considering an offer would be to consider everything in the offer not just pay.

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at KeyBank (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

First there was a phone interview, then one on two face to face, then 1 on three face to face.
    From the last interview until the offer there were about 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Sales experience questions, how do you handle conflict, role play of sales,...etc...   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KeyBank (Seattle, WA).

Interview

I didn't really try to get this job. I was hoping to get an administrative assistance position elsewhere (anywhere really). I guess my lack of caring came off as confidence, because I was offered the job and, being desperate to leave my (at the time) current job, I took it.

Interview Questions

• Basic customer service/conflict resolution questions. Questions about how many referrals I had at my (at the time current) job.   Answer Question

Lead Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KeyBank.

Interview

I applied online and received the virtual tryout link in an email the next day.
    I completed the virtual tryout and the next day received a call to schedule a phone interview.
    The phone interview went well I think, I was VERY nervous as this was my first phone interview (I had previously only worked for small companies)

Interview Questions

• How would you help your branch meet sales goals?
      How would working at KeyBank help you achieve your personal goals?
      How do you motivate a team?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at KeyBank (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Once I sent my application in I received an email for an assessment. The next morning I was contacted by an recruiter for an phone interview. The next day I received a call to come in for a face to face interview but because i couldn't make the date given and asked for the following day, they decided NOT to move forward with the interview. The women that called me from the bank told me she had to ask her manager if she was available the following day and she said she would call me back but never did. I sent a follow up email for an update but never received a response.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at KeyBank (Seattle, WA) in September 2016.

Interview

Interview process was fairly standard. A recruiter contacts you for a phone screen. Pass that and the recruiter pairs you with the hiring manager for an in person interview.

Lean Six Sigma Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at KeyBank (Cleveland, OH) in February 2014.

Interview

I applied through my university. Was called in that Friday for an interview. Had the interview And was offered a job the following Wednesday. I interviewed with my now direct manager and with the director of the lean six sigma team. Very efficient interview process.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at KeyBank (Cleveland, OH) in January 2017.

Interview

The entire process took about 3 months. I applied to Key online, was called about a month and a half later for an initial phone screening with a recruiter, then another with a manager, and last, had an in person interview with 3 Key employees. I was mostly asked about my background and experience with technology.

Interview Questions

• Why did you decide to become a programmer?   Answer Question
    • What languages do you know? How do you go about learning new languages?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KeyBank in March 2007.

Interview

I got a very fast response from the HR recruiter and District President when I expressed my interest as an internal candidate. After multiple phone interviews with out of state hiring managers and recruiters, I was scheduled for an interview with my hiring manager out of state. While it was less convenient for me to drive over three hours and immediately interview face to face over lunch, the interview went well. I also met and interviewed with the person in the position I applied for who would be leaving. I asked many questions and felt this person had a good sense of my hiring manager. I asked that I be able to continue to call the person I replaced as a resource and for help if needed. One thing I felt bothered by, though not enough to pass on the job offer, was the level of profesionalism shown by the hiring manager. He asked questions regarding my age and ethnic background that I knew to be illegal, and told him as much. He seemed to be testing my level of tolerance. This proved to be a sign I should have taken more seriously before accepting the job offer.

Interview Questions

• Why should I hire you instead of someone with twice the time and experience that you have?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate nearly as much as I had wanted to. There seemed to be set standards and numbers which my hiring manager had maxed out with his superiors before making the offer to me. This left me no room to negotiate and it was a difficult decision to make in taking a job offer that was less than the minimum of what I had budgeted for out of personal need. If I had it to do again, I may have passed on the position rather than compromise as drastically as I did.