KeyBank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 8, 2018

2.7

Surveillance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KeyBank (Overland Park, KS).

Interview

There was a phone interview with someone from their national HR. They recorded all my answers and then sent it into the hiring managers. The follow up interview was with the panel of team leads. They made their decision within one week from the panel interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to be analytical/problem solve/attention to detail/work with a large amount of data.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at KeyBank.

Interview

The process took over three months. I applied online and heard back from HR via email to schedule a phone screen for a couple weeks later. It took another month to get to the next step which was a call with the hiring manager. After talking to this person, it was clear it wasn’t the right fit for me.

Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at KeyBank (Seattle, WA) in January 2018.

Interview

Very easy interview with basic behavioral questions. The interview process was very professional, however it did take quite along time for them to get back to me. Overall, the interview was simple as long as you freshen up your behavioral question knowledge.

Interview Questions

• Describe the three most important qualities of a leader   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at KeyBank (Cleveland, OH) in January 2018.

Interview

Schedule a interview a week before. There are two interviewers ask you typical questions and introduce the process of the position. They make me feel relax. The interview last 30mins

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KeyBank (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Started with a phone screening with a recruiter, where they look to learn more about you and your demeanor. This was followed by a phone interview with an associate from the office. Lastly, I was invited for a four interview superday in the office.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to solve a problem in a very limited timeframe.   Answer Question
    • Talk about X investment versus Y Investment. What are their similarities and differences? What kind of opportunities do they have in the short term, and which would you choose to invest in for the long terms.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you created a creative solution to a complex problem.   Answer Question

Quantitative Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at KeyBank (Cleveland, OH) in December 2017.

Interview

Internship
    Applied online through university, was contacted via email by a recruiter, set up a phone interview with recruiter, then heard back and set up an in person downtown. Heard back a few days later.

Interview Questions

• What is something that could present financial risk in the future   Answer Question

Digital Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KeyBank (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

The hiring process was typical as most companies. Initial phone screen for 30-45 minutes and afterwards, if you are more than 30 minutes away from the location, you get flown in for the interview; accommodations and all expenses paid. You get to meet the interviewers and the candidates the night before at cocktail social and the next day is the formal interview process. The formal interview consists of a 3 round 30 minute session where each round you are posed with different interviewers who will ask a different series of questions: critical thinking, behavioral and a case study analysis. After all of that, the interview is over and a decision is made.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in the role; what about the role and your own experiences makes you want the role?   Answer Question

Lead Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at KeyBank (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Once I sent my application in I received an email for an assessment. The next morning I was contacted by an recruiter for an phone interview. The next day I received a call to come in for a face to face interview but because i couldn't make the date given and asked for the following day, they decided NOT to move forward with the interview. The women that called me from the bank told me she had to ask her manager if she was available the following day and she said she would call me back but never did. I sent a follow up email for an update but never received a response.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Quantitative Risk Analyst Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KeyBank (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

I applied through my university. I had an on-campus interview with a recruiter where she was really just trying to get to know you and see if you're qualified for the position. The second round in Cleveland consists of a super easy behavior interview, technical interview, and presenting a case sent the week before. The technical interview was all statistics. Make sure your case is done really well and really examine the data given or else it will get ripped apart.

Interview Questions

• How do you know a statistical model is good?   1 Answer
    • Difference between t and normal distribution?   Answer Question
    • Questions about linear regressions and other statistical models   Answer Question

Key Technology and Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KeyBank (Albany, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

It was a very laid back interview with many common behavioral questions (why Keybank, what can you contribute here, tell us about a time you had to work with others, etc.). The interviewers were all very nice and I was able to have a lot of conversations with them, not an intimidating process at all. There was a dinner the night before where a lot of the interviewers and applicants were able to chat with each other to make it less intimidating during the interview the next day.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time where you worked on a project that was unsuccessful.   Answer Question