L.E.K. Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at L.E.K. Consulting

3.3

1. Featured Interview

Summer Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting in November 2019.

Interview

First Round: Conducted at my university, 2 thirty minute qualitative & quantitative interviews.
    Quantitative was basic market-sizing questions, then a couple behavioral questions.
    Qualitative was very conversational, I had to add my own structure and reasoning to drive the case.

Second Round: 3 thirty minute interviews at L.E.K. office.
    One was behavioral questions + market sizing question
    One was market sizing, with a bit of case and strategy afterwards
    One was general behavioral questions and "what do I do for fun?"

Interview Questions

• Size of the backpack market in the US?   Answer Question
    • Streaming services: Should Disney release its new Marvel feature theatrically or on Disney+?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Interview

First round on campus, second round in office. I applied through on-campus career services. The entire team was friendly, responsive, and gave me individual feedback after my interviews. Great experience and impression of the firm overall.

Life Science Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting.

Interview

LEK provided a lot of resources leading to both rounds of interviews. RI consisted of two phone screens with current LSSs. RII was on-site with three interviews, one of which was a presentation/slide-building case. I clicked with most of the interviewers, but there was one who rubbed me the wrong way. His attitude was very bro-ey and seemed disinterested while I was presenting.

Ultimately, I decided not to join because the track of LSS seemed too separate from their regular consultant path and culture mismatch.

Summer Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting (Boston, MA) in January 2020.

Interview

Round 1 - 2 back to back case interviews. Pretty standard cases - Market sizing + strategy case
    Round 2 - 3 back to back interviews. 2 standard case interviews and 1 written case. The problem was that one may end up with a strategy case in between preparation for the written interview (1 hr) and the actual ppt presentation for the same. This leads to a lot of break. Also, since its a rotating interviewer format, some students get an unfair advantage here.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting.

Interview

applied through college and they set up two phone interviews from consultants at different offices. one was case centered and one had a little more behavioral focus but both were case interviews.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting.

Interview

The first round interviews were over the phone. The second round interviews were in-person at the office. The first round interview was two 30-minute case interviews with a little bit of behavioral at the beginning of each one. The final round interview was three 30-minute interviews.

Interview Questions

• Quantitative Case Study and Qualitative/Strategy Case Study
      Brainteaser   Answer Question

Life Science Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting.

Interview

I interviewed with them after three weeks of submitting the application. There are two 30 min phone call for first round. One market sizing and one strategy, including some fit questions. The whole process was okay.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting (Chicago, IL) in October 2019.

Interview

I received an interview invite via email a week or so after my application.

First Interview Round - Two strategy cases. Felt I did well and fairly positive I'd make it through. Got offer for second round 6-7 days later.

Second Round - Flew out for second round the following Monday to the Chicago office. Had three cases similar to others. One market sizing case, one written case interview, and one strategy case. I nailed the market sizing case, felt I structured the written case well but didn't give sound logic supporting my recommendation, and felt that I kind of blew the strategy case when I talked through my rationale. This was on October 14th.

Didn't get offer day of or next day...figured I could still be on the wait list, but lost most of my hope. Waited a week...didn't hear back. Waited another week and didn't hear back, so I sent a quick email to the recruiter. She mentioned that I would hear back by end of week, which lifted me up. I figured I was still in the game!

I received an offer call on November 1st, more than two weeks after my final round.

Between the offer and my final round I went through a lot of ups and downs because LEK was one of my top choices. If you're in this same position, hopefully this puts you at a little bit of ease knowing you may still be in it!

Interview Questions

• The strategy case was with a senior partner. The overall case was very unstructured and left me feeling like I didn't do well. It was a quick introduction of a new product. I did my framework and talked through it. The partner then said "Okay, give me your pricing strategy".   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Interview

It's an interview through Zoom. Two case interviews. Each takes 30 minutes.

First, a couple of questions about the resume. Which office do you prefer? Then jump into the case.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting (Boston, MA) in October 2019.

Interview

first round was a phone interview with 2 thirty-minute cases, second round was 3 30-minute cases. all interviews had 5 minutes of behavioral questions at the beginning and 5 minutes of questions at the end