L.E.K. Consulting Interview Questions

Updated Jun 15, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 450 of over 450 interviews

3.3
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at L.E.K. Consulting

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting (New York, NY) in Jun 2021

Interview

2x30 minute sessions for a first round video interview. First a quant case with an example about a company adding a new service and profitability. Second was a business strategy case about market entry and market sizing. Both included sessions on 'tell me about yourself ' and 'why consulting/LEK'.  3x30 minute sessions for final second round interview. First "business logic' case which was more of an interactive client centric discussion prompting you to think about wider market trends. Second, was another quant case asking for math questions. Third, business strategy which requires you to not to do math, but more think logically about a business; why are sales down? What are their operation costs? etc  Extreamly friendly and it was all very clear for the entire process.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about yourself? Why LEK/Why Consulting? Tell me a time you had to over come something?
    Answer Question

L.E.K. Consulting

Application

I interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting

Interview

Structured process. Received invitation for the interview through email. The process followed instructions received -- 2 rounds of interviews, each with a set of interviewers (first round with managers, second round with partners)

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting (London, England, England)

Interview

Much easier than MBB interviews. I applied online in September for their summer internship, heard back in January. After a few online tests (first a standard numeracy test, then one live on Zoom), I was invited to an interview day. Interview day consisted of two 45 minute interviews back-to-back. One was a case study (very basic, interviewer essentially wants to verify that you didn't just memorize a framework, but that you are able to develop a structure tailored to the problem). The case involved very little data and computations (no exhibits), which made it far easier than MBB interviews. The second interview was a market sizing. Both interviews included the usual personal fit and competency-based questions at the start.

Interview Questions
  • Estimate the UK pizza delivery market

Anonymous Interview Candidate in München, Bavaria, Bavaria

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting (München, Bavaria, Bavaria) in May 2021

Interview

I did the 1st round interview 2 weeks ago and it was interesting and challenging. In total three cases: 1) brain teaser + market sizing 2) quant case 3) strategic case The third one was pretty taff with a senior manager.

1 person found this interview helpful

L.E.K. Consulting

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting

Interview

Interviewees are helpful and nice. Case-interview questions are from the healthcare industry, focusing on market entry and pricing strategy. No quantitative test, basically test framework and problem-solving skills. Behavior-interview questions are focus on the internship experience and passion for consulting.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

L.E.K. Consulting

Application

I interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting

Interview

1st round: 1 quant case 1 strategy case, and an interview with HR. All of them are very friendly. People come out and have a chat with you while you wait for the interviews 2nd round: 2 interviews with different Partners

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

L.E.K. Consulting

Application

I interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting

Interview

First round consisted of two case interviews - one qual case and one quant case. Not too difficult. Each interview was 30 minutes. Overall quick turnaround time between application submission and interview call.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in München, Bavaria, Bavaria

Application

Interview

Analytical test and 4 interviews (Associate Consultant, Consultant, Consultant, Partner); the interviews were one after the other with no breaks in-between (except for 15-20 min for lunch), which made the process quite exhausting

Interview Questions
  • - Cases were about healthcare, gas utilities, aerospace + one unconventional decision-based case; they were all rather easy - One interviewer asked questions about components of a balance sheet & P&L-statements, so make sure that you know the basics - Personal fit part was easy with standard questions (tell me about yourself, why LEK, why consulting, how would your friends describe you, questions about CV, strengths & weaknesses etc.) - No behavioral questions at all, which was very surprising for a consulting firm

L.E.K. Consulting

Application

I interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting

Interview

Two case studies with some soft skills questions at the start - strategy - quant They give you the numbers and want you to walk them through the math and problem solving

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

L.E.K. Consulting

Application

I interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting

Interview

Resume screen/cover letter 1st rounds: two cases-quant/strategy 2nd round: three cases- strategy & quant Probably one of the worst consulting interview processes I have ever been through. The cases itself both strategy and quantitative very pretty typical in nature; however, my interviewers for both were very "bro" like & even unprofessional at a certain point. For the strategy case-typically growth strategy case. I listed a ton of classic points anyone would when answering these kinds of prompts-focusing on competition, market, distribution channels-you name it. However, my interviewer pushed me down a very specific path when going about this which was kind of weird and wanted very detailed answers . Even got to a point of "throwing me a bone" when I really didn't even need the help. If the guy listened to my responses in the first place, he would have realized he did not have provide "help". Gotta be honest it was like mansplaining. Cases are suppose to be a collaborative exercise- instead it was just whatever the interviewer wanted and decided to pigeon hole that particular morning. On to the quant case-typical market sizing. Usually with these cases, you make classic assumptions & walk your interviewer through your thought process.With this, there's usually not a correct answer, but more of a way to see how you think. However, with this particular market size, it was INSANELY obvious that they were looking for a particular market size answer and had 0 regard for how I wanted to approach the problem. My interviewer even to a certain extent made kinda unprofessional facial expressions whenever I was kind of going on a path he did not want me to go on. Totally fine if I wasn't doing the market size correctly or his way, but facial expressions are insanely INAPPROPRIATE. Essentially, the case had to be done his way or the highway. Honestly, there was probably a couple ways to do the case and being a consulting firm they should value that to an extent. However, it was evident that they had a very particular way to approach this problem. Overall, I was not impressed with this firm at all. Based on just my interview process, it just seems like a toxic culture . I have interviewed at competitor firms and have never experienced this kind of unprofessionalism. In hindsight, maybe it was a good thing I didn't make it any further in this interview process,-wouldn't want to work for such a firm anyways.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 450 Interviews