L.E.K. Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

L.E.K. Consulting Interview Questions

Updated Jul 30, 2017

3.4

Summer Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting.

Interview

Applied through university, standard first round case interviews at school followed by more case interviews on site with partners. The process took a couple of weeks from start to finish. Nothing too exciting to report.

Manager (Non-Consultant) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting (Boston, MA).

Interview

Based upon my experience, I do not think LEK holds themselves to high ethical standards in their treatment of potential candidates throughout the interview process. See below for supporting details.

The non-consultant interview consisted of 3 stages: recruiter phone screen, hiring manager phone interview, and half-day in-person interview. All stages were fairly standard, including your interest in the role/company, basic behavioral questions, and ample time for Q&A.

However, my recruiter verbally agreed to an acceptable base salary compensation range in our initial call, but made a significantly lower offer, stating that it was competitive and there was no room for negotiation. Despite an acceptable over interview experience, the lack of transparency around expectations indicates inconsistencies in how LEK treats their consultant vs. non-consultant staff, which is consistent with prior Glassdoor reviews. Additionally, I was not toured around the office or introduced to anyone outside of my interviewers, some of whom were condescending about my knowledge, experience, and the value I can bring as I am not a strategy consultant myself and did not receive an Ivy League education (therefore, must be less intelligent).

Pros: quick overall interview process, prompt responses and scheduling

Cons: lack of transparent communications, inflexible on negotiating any offer letter elements, arrogant attitude of some staff towards non-consultants

Interview Questions

• Standard questions... Why are you interested in this role? This role may encounter [Situation A] - do you have any experience dealing with [Situation A] and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting.

Interview

First round was two over-the-phone cases, and the final round was three in-person cases, including a presentation case. After the first round, I heard back the next day that I'd made it to the final round. After the final, I heard back within a few days about receiving an offer.

The interview process was professional and streamlined, and it left me with a positive impression of the firm and the people that worked there.

Interview Questions

• The first round was a quant case followed by a strategy case, and the final round was a strategy case, a quant, and a presentation case. Strategy cases included how to go about choosing one of two therapeutic areas for a early stage clinical asset and how a company should select office locations for a new facility. Quant questions included running through the classic patient model and estimating how many cars cross a local bridge in an hour / day.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting.

Interview

First round: (a) Market Sizing, (b) Case
    Second round: (a) Market Sizing, (b) Case, (c) Brain Teaser with Partner

This was the most well executed, thorough, and professional recruitment experience of my life. L.E.K. has proven itself to be among the elite consulting firms, up there with the Big 3, regardless of relative notoriety.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

First round was 2x 30 minute interviews with Consultant/Manager level staff. First was a traditional case, though accelerated, seemed to focus on math. Second was a more informaal, conversational/idea-generation case. Very quick! After pleasantries, we had only 20 min for cases.

Second round was: 1 hr for written case (given 30 slides, boil down to 7 slides to make presentation), then 30 minutes to go over case (20 min to present, 10 minutes of Q&A). Then 2 additional 30-min interviews with partners, which were "walk me through resume" and then a short case involving idea-generation & math.

Interview Questions

• Basically no behavioral component, went straight to case   Answer Question

Other offer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting (New York, NY).

Interview

I appylied for Shanghai Office,the interview happened from Oct-Nov.2016, I interviewed through mobiles. Here is the process: pre-talk,1st round, 2nd round, director, partner, all in mandarin and no English
    Normally, LEK is quick at giving interview result

Interview Questions

• pretalk: 2behavior question and 1 mkt sizing
      1st R: aviation case
      2nd R: brainteaser relevant to Chinese history   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Back to back 30 minutes case interviews; first was analyzing profit growth for an exterior home furnishing producer/distributor that was lagging in average market profitability, no graphs or numbers given it was all conversational, second interview was market sizing for how much coffee creamer is sold in convenience stores nationally

Summer Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting.

Interview

Two rounds of case interviews, one is qualitative and one is quantitative (market sizing). They leave time in the end to ask questions. I feel that there was a lot of answer leading in the interview (the interviewer wanted a specific answer and the interviewee had to guess it) but not much guidance was provided as to how the answer should be given.

Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Two back to back on campus interviews that lasted an hour each. The first interview was a case where the interviewer just wanted to know what type of questions you would ask in order to solve it. The second interview was a market sizing question. Each interviewer only asked one behavioral question before the case. My second interviewer had really analyzed my resume before hand and had highlighted certain parts and wrote certain questions on it that he had for me.

Interview Questions

• 1) Your client is an E-sports company that is looking to enter into a South American market. What questions should they consider when deciding which country to enter into?
      2) Estimate how many hours of Pandora music is played per year in the United States. If each song lasts around 3 minutes, how many songs is that?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting (Boston, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

Interview Process: 5 rounds
    1) On-campus interview (2 rounds, 1 with associate and 1 with senior associate)
    2) On-site interview (3 rounds, 1 partner, 1 principal and 1 manager)

Hiring:
    Offer after the final round was made within an hour.

Interview Questions

• How many gallons of paint for residential properties are sold in the US?   Answer Question