Los Angeles USD Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Los Angeles USD

2.5

Aide Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Los Angeles USD (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2018.

Interview

No interview process. Orientation is during the summer and you follow the steps to be processed as hired. You must pass a background check and take a TB test. All processing is done in Downtown LA.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Los Angeles USD.

Interview

There was no interview process. You literally take your test and if you pass, you get placement or you get put into the sub system. From there, once you get your assignment you just show up to the designated school. Then you go to the office and sign in and give them your job number, then go to your class.

Special Education Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Los Angeles USD (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

Nothing much to it but applying, having minimum courses in child development, and passing a test which is easy.

Special Education Assistant Interview

Interview

There wasn't an official interview when I got hired but I've heard that employees usually sit before a panel consisting of a parent, principal, teacher, and union representative. General questions are asked. They will give you a scenario question and ask what you would do. General reading and math test is administered at a different time, along with fingerprinting.

Interview Questions

• Scenario questions can be difficult. You never know what they are going to ask so you need to be prepared for any question. Always have the students' safety and privacy in mind.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Los Angeles USD (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

You have to have copies of all your transcripts, state testing results, go through a short personal interview as far as why you want to teach, then you have to prevent a mini-lesson no longer than 15 minutes to a small group of individuals 2 to 3.

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel you're equipped to teach?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Los Angeles USD (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

It was a choir to get to the district office. HR Personnel were like robots. I got hired after a week later. Then I had to interview at various schools with principals.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Los Angeles USD (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

It was easy, straight to the point. I gave a lesson demo and answered their questions. That initial screener took less than 15 minutes. After I received the green light, it was up to me to find open positions and petition the principals of those jobs for an interview for employment.

Classroom Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Los Angeles USD (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

You begin by filling out an online application and uploading all of your documents and references. HR contacts your references and then invites you for onsite interview and demo lesson. The interview was standard. The demo lesson is hosted by two HR people, and is set to a certain time limit, I believe around 12 minutes. Both my interviewers role played the part of extremely disruptive elementary students. This forced me to rush through the lesson to get it finished. They wouldn't provide any verbal feedback, which was perplexing. Seemed to me like academics took a back seat to classroom management. But it was satisfactory since I was eventually given the OK to begin marketing myself to site administrators when open positions arose.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions that can be accessed on the LAUSD website or online.   Answer Question

Office Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Los Angeles USD (New York, NY) in December 2017.

Interview

Did not call me yet I'm looking forward because lauds is a good employer. Good benefits and job security. I can choose what school and area I want to work. I'm looking forward to work for lausd.

Office Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Los Angeles USD (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Had to take two test before I got an interview. First one was for English and math. The second one was for computers. Pretty simple took a few weeks