Los Angeles USD Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 12, 2017

2.5

Office Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Los Angeles USD (New York, NY) in December 2017.

Interview

Did not call me yet I'm looking forward because lauds is a good employer. Good benefits and job security. I can choose what school and area I want to work. I'm looking forward to work for lausd.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Los Angeles USD (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

There were several steps. One was to interview at the District Level, and then once approved by the district and verification of credentials and tests, you then have to interview at individual schools for openings.

Biological and General Science Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Hills, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Los Angeles USD (North Hills, CA).

Interview

Each individual principal that received my name contacted me and arranged an interview. The hiring team enlisted the help of all Stakeholders. Every school has their own needs when it comes to hiring a new teacher. It is important that the person or people in charge of hiring understand exactly what those needs are. These needs include certification, flexibility, personality, experience, curriculum, and most importantly the individual philosophy of the school district.

Understanding these needs before you begin the interview process allows those in charge to have a better idea of what you are looking for. This can help create a list of questions catered to these needs to drive the interview itself.

Interview Questions

• If I were a fly on the wall, what would I see going on in your classes?   1 Answer

Substitute Teacher Interview

Interview

1) Application and Verifications; 2) Written response done at home; 2) Personal interview; 3) 10 minute Demonstration lesson plan with recruiters acting as students. You had to write a lesson plan to give to the recruiters.

Interview Questions

• If a student was constantly disrupting the class by speaking out of turn and exhibiting off-task behavior, how would you address the student?   Answer Question

Campus Aide/Investigator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Los Angeles USD (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Find a work location that's hiring . You will be contacted and giving a interview at the same location. An extensive F.B.I. and local background checks completed before employment.

Interview Questions

• Due to having so much education and experience I was asked ' do you want to teach ' .   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Los Angeles USD (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

The process began at a hiring fair. I felt that the structure was very antiquated and not entirely professional. You realize about half-way through that they are simply trying to fill vacancies and aren't very interested in discussing school culture or vision. People drop their resume into a school with matching vacancies. You then interview with principals from each of the schools that express interest. I can't complain about the interview process, but I wasn't happy when I was promised several resources for my classroom that weren't available when the school year started.

Interview Questions

• How do you differentiate instruction for a classroom of students with a range of abilities?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I interviewed at Los Angeles USD (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

They will give you 7-8 questions you need to answer in front of them. Then you will have a 12 minutes demo lesson, from beginning to the end, not just part of your lesson.

Interview Questions

• What do you do students are not engaging during group instruction time?   Answer Question

Financial Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Los Angeles USD (New York, NY).

Interview

Apply online. Invited for a Multiple choice exam. With a score of 70% or higher you're invited to a panel interview (2 people) within a two month period. After i received my final score I waited almost a year for a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Give an example where you demonstrated excellent customer service.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Pay starts at the lowest and increases each year.

Substitute Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Los Angeles USD (New York, NY).

Interview

Submitted an online application and it took about 6 weeks to be invited for an interview. After being accepted to process for the position, I took a two day training.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Los Angeles USD (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Eligibility Interview first before you even get on the candidate list. Process took some time because of my references. Hiring managers get lots of emails so keeping in contact with them is a must in order to know your status.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you had a student walk out of class?   Answer Question