MasTec Advanced Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 16, 2017

1.8

Senior Resource Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lone Tree, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at MasTec Advanced Technologies (Lone Tree, CO).

Interview

I applied for the Senior Resource Coordinator and got a call from the a recruiter about a week later. We were able to set aside some time for a scheduled phone screening. The interview lasted about 30 minutes. Soon after I had a scheduled in-person interview with an Operations Analyst and the Hiring Director. My first interview was with a young man that went as normal, but during the interview he had asked me a question about my excel skills. I spoke to my proficiency in excel and my experience using pivot tables. He had a rather juvenile rebuttal to my response, saying "come on this is just a Coordinator role, you won't have to have those type of skills" I felt as if he somewhat degraded the role I applied for. No matter what candidate is selected for this position their contributions are no different from anyone else. Soon after I interviewed with their Director, which in the process ran much smoother. The whole interview process lasted just over and hour. The hiring Manager did go over next steps and advised they would relay their feedback to the recruiter if they decided to move forward with me or another Candidate. I sent a follow-up email to the recruiter inquiring if the position was still open, never heard back from that Team. It's been almost over two weeks since I've interviewed. I found this whole experience to be very unprofessional from both sides of this Business. Even if the position was no longer open or a candidate was selected, please let the individuals who are still on the market know. No on appreciates when their time is wasted, at least thank the person for their time and getting to know the team and more about their company. Hopefully future candidates for the employer have a better experience than I do. Best of luck!

Interview Questions

• What are your skills on excel?
      Your experience with Resource Management?
      Tell me about a time you had to report findings with analytic data?
      What drew you to apply for this position?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MasTec Advanced Technologies (Greensboro, NC).

Interview

It was a great interview. They took the time to get to know me. Showed me around the office. Introduced me to everyone. Made me feel comfortable & at home.

Interview Questions

• What I felt I could bring to the company?   1 Answer

Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MasTec Advanced Technologies.

Interview

Interview was conducted via Skype and business casual dress was required. A series of questions were asked to determine if the position was a good fit for the company and the applicant.

Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MasTec Advanced Technologies (Orlando, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process was a breeze. Interview was straight forward and everything else was handled by email containing links to fill out everything online, the drug test was required to be completed within 24 hours of receiving the email for it.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe the color yellow to a blind person.   1 Answer

Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at MasTec Advanced Technologies.

Interview

Very long process. Most of which was spent interviewing with a bunch of leadership that ended up not being there a few months later. Drug test was a joke. No legit background check

Interview Questions

• They all kept asking the same open ended questions. It was as if it was their first interview.   1 Answer

Security Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MasTec Advanced Technologies (Dallas, TX).

Interview

The hiring process took a month the interview I thought was well put on how you got paid, not all exactly true, the training is horrible, the guys that train you get paid by the job they do not retired they have to take out to training so I was cheated out of my training because these guys had to get to the next job and did not want to miss out on money because of me this job has a lot to do with the iPad during my training I watched for a week and start helping out to devices I hardly had any training with the iPad when I tried confronting my security manager he did not answer I tried contacting him for a week come to find out he had left the company I do not know why so when I found this out I went on to tell my new supervisor my issue he stated I had enough time to learn the iPad I told him that I went along on how he was training me I could not tell him how to train me or make him do anything different they told me that it's my responsibility to make them train me their way if I do not know what I need to know how would I tell them how to train they say if you need anything or have any complaints to let them know they will help in any way that I can that was a false statement when I complain about my training they complain about me complaining. I was told that all I was doing was making excuses that tripped me out if I did not want to learn the job I would not come to them to inform them that I needed help with the iPad because I did not get it in the field, eventually resign after hearing them talk about other people with their issues I no longer feel comfortable asking for help.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work 12 to 15 hrs.a day 6 days w week.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Interview was average, I was told that if you never did this type of work your chances at success is very minimum, my advice during training make sure the ipad is in your hand, I rather make my mistakes during training then in the field alone looking dumb founded.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MasTec Advanced Technologies in August 2016.

Interview

Phone conversation to schedule skype interview. Skype interview lasted 10 minutes and was stupid easy. I didn't prepare and they seemed to already intend on hiring almost anyone. At the time, if you applied, you got hired, pending background, drug test and MVR check.

Field Tech Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MasTec Advanced Technologies in July 2016.

Interview

The interview process was easy to navigate. Question were direct and to the point. Had a reply within 24hrs. Was able to send resume with my interview. Very satisfied with the overall process.

Interview Questions

Had to leave town for training. Was not able to at the time

Mastec Advanced Technoligies Interview

Anonymous Employee in Towanda, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MasTec Advanced Technologies (Towanda, PA) in June 2016.

Interview

using a cell phone using an app called skype. i spoke with a female. she asked me a number of questions. she explained to me information for the higring process. they advised me to down load the app called spyke. communication from the beginning of the process was through email.

Interview Questions

• experience, previous employment, goals u would make to emprove the company, hourly pay.   1 Answer

Satellite Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at MasTec Advanced Technologies (Fort Worth, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Supervisors do the interviewing so it's really easy to show them you're the right person for the job. It's one supervisor and two or more persons being interviewed at one time, so you have to show them you're the better candidate.

Interview Questions

• Why should we (Mastec) hire you?   1 Answer