McMaster-Carr Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

Sort:

Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at McMaster-Carr (Atlanta, GA) in October 2011.

Interview

Average time during interview took about 6 hours long. no drug testing. Panel of 3. 4 days after the beginning of the interviewing I was hiring. Position only lasted for 6 months.

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McMaster-Carr (Chicago, IL) in September 2018.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me on Indeed. We then scheduled a phone interview to go over my background. The phone interview went well and I was brought in for an in-house interview between two recruiters and the hiring manager.

Operations An Logistics Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McMaster-Carr (Atlanta, GA) in October 2010.

Interview

Phone Interview, Office Tour, 4 1 on 1 Interviews, overall interview took about 3 hours to complete. Recruiter failed to mention in phone interview that it would take this long, but luckily after reading reviews on glassdoor i figured out this is standard regardless what position you apply for. Advised to wait 1 or 2 weeks to hear response, got letter in mail dated 5 days after interview regarding rejection.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McMaster-Carr (Aurora, OH) in June 2011.

Interview

get a walk around, then two 1:1 interviews. It was made clear that there was no opportunity for advancement from the lowly warehouse worker position. There were no questions about my resume, they were much more concerned with my personality and whether I would fit in... I had trouble hiding my contempt.

Interview Questions

The buisness model was just too odd. pay 50K/year for a warehouse worker, normally paid 14$/hr... the interviewers seemed like they were on crack, they were so high strung and excited about the company in an intense agressive kind of way . Aurora is in the middle of nowhere

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elmhurst, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McMaster-Carr (Elmhurst, IL) in November 2011.

Interview

I applied for a warehouse position, but after reviewing my qualifications, asked if I would be interested in either customer service or product research. The interview went well with most discussion focused on the positions the interviewer suggested. I did not receive an offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at McMaster-Carr (Atlanta, GA) in March 2010.

Interview

I have previously interviewed with the company and replied to another posting on CareerBuilder. Within 24 hours, I was contacted and a phone interview was set. I believe this to be their policy.
    The interviewer asks simple standard questions and, overall, is an enjoyable experience - as much as any interview can be.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of sometime you have gone above and beyond what was expected of you at work.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elmhurst, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McMaster-Carr (Elmhurst, IL) in July 2010.

Interview

Phone Interview, Tour, and more interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Fe Springs, Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at McMaster-Carr (Santa Fe Springs, Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Someone texts you and then you phone interview. Then I was offered an interview on site. It was with three people and long. Very friendly people. I think my desire for career grow really limited my chances here so my suggestion would be to hide that somehow. The good thing is you get to practice interviewing a few times. I do not expect an offer as I didn't take it too seriously. The benefits are amazing. Once you get the tour, you'll get a feeling of what it's like. They don't hide what's it like. If you don't get an offer, it's a blessing in disguise. You will see once you go there but I recommend going to see. It could be a fit for some but I would think it's not a fit for most. If you just want a job, then definitely go.

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at McMaster-Carr (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Its a five hour interview. No seriously, you're there all day. Different layers of management shuffle in and out asking the same questions. Trust me, you dont want to work there. Trust your gut. Trust these awful reviews.

Interview Questions

• You ok with never getting promoted?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Interview

Full day affair. Speak 1 hr with 5-6 different people. Given a 1hr lunch break with a free food voucher. Hear back just a few days after interview. Interviewers were extremely friendly and welcoming.