Meijer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.2

1. Featured Interview

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Meijer (Grand Rapids, MI) in April 2017.

Interview

Basic and easy, for someone who has had customer service experience! Very easy going and no pressure, the interviewer was very likable and tried relating to my answers. Quick process, had one initial interview, was called the next day for my second and third interview tied in one. Went back for those and was offered position on the 4th day.

Deli Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Meijer.

Interview

There is a two part interview process. First, your team lead (a manager of the department you applied for) will interview you. It's very casual and they ask personal questions and about past experience. Then, if they are satisfied with your answers, they'll move you on to the line leader, who is the head of the department. They essentially ask the same things. Nerves shouldn't get you. It's not a life or death interview unless you make it one.

Interview Questions

• How did you go out of your way to help out a customer in a previous work environment?   1 Answer

Third Shift Stocking Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bay City, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Meijer (Bay City, MI).

Interview

I first received a phone interview. Now they will just call you at some point. I've had some interviews scheduled an appointment, but they will simply call you and it may catch you off guard. After phone interview I got called in for a in person interview.

Various Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Meijer.

Interview

Mass hire for a new store opening. Brought three copies of my resume, one for each interviewer and one for myself.
    Checked in, was quickly called on and was interviewed by a Service Line leader from another store. She suggested the Service Coordinator position and said I would be an excellent fit.
    Was moved to a second room and waited for a free store director for the second interview. She agreed on the position placement and that I was a good candidate. Offered a full time position at 9.75 an hour.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you worked with others to solve a problem.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time that you handled a customer that has had a negative experience.   Answer Question

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Meijer (Lansing, MI) in July 2017.

Interview

At the end of third shift, our stores store director came to the gas station to give me a brief interview about the team leader training program I was considered for.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to commute?   1 Answer

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bolingbrook, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Meijer (Bolingbrook, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

Apply online. Recieve email. Then Two interview. One with a Team Leader one with a Store Director. Submit to a backround check. Then orientation and 8 hours of computer based training.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer asked you to do something your boss told you not to do?   1 Answer

Grocery Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warren, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Meijer (Warren, MI) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied through a career building site for a position with Meijer. After my initial application I was contacted about a week later by phone to come into the store for an interview. I went in and was promptly greeted and commenced my interview with the leader of the department I applied for and the store director. I would say hands down this was a very insightful and professional interview. It made me even more eager to be a part of the team.

Interview Questions

• Why did I leave my last employer?   1 Answer

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Meijer.

Interview

Applied online and 2 days later got a call back about an interview went in for it and it was fairly easy. Didn't really feel put on the spot too much till I interviewed with the store director.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you'd be a good asset to our company? What to you is good customer service? What are your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greendale, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Meijer (Greendale, WI).

Interview

The first interviewer was real nice asked a couple questions about availability, past experience. The they said they wanted me to stay for a second interview. Waited like 5 minutes and then the second interviewer called me and just went over my availability and what area I wanted to work in then offered me the job. Get my start day when my background check come in.

Overall process from checking in to leaving was only about 45 minutes long.

Interview Questions

• What brings you to Meijer?   1 Answer
    • What positive things would past employers say about you customer service skills?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Meijer (Grand Rapids, MI) in March 2017.

Interview

Had initial phone interview with HR and was asked general questions about education and experience.

Was invited to come into their corporate HQ in Grand Rapids. Interviewed with the director, the manager, and a potential colleague. Was scheduled for one more colleague but that person was out of office last minute and I was informed they weren't coming. Also had lunch on them in their campus cafeteria. One interview was very standard with questions and answers both ways. Another was very 1 sided where the interviewer just made me talk about how I would approach the job which was very unconformable as I could only know so much coming out from out of the organization. I feel like this is where I lost the offer because saying the wrong thing in such an open ended question is easy.

Pros:
    Nice campus
    Director very knowledgeable and gave an enjoyable interview

Cons:
    Company offered to pick up travel expenses. Filled out their form and turned it in but was never reimbursed.
    No show on one of the interviews and last time slot canceled.
    Too many interviews. By the end of it, the next interviewer had not much more to ask or add to information about company.
    Was given multiple time frames from different interviewers as to when their decision would be made.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach this position   1 Answer