Meijer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Meijer

2.2

1. Featured Interview

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Meijer.

Interview

The process took about a week and was called by Meijer HR Manager. Then met in person with the Team leader, who interviewed me. Offered the position right away .

Interview Questions

• 1. Previous cash-handling experience, why do I want to work as a cashier.   2 Answers

Interview

very straight forward, easy questions asking about previous history and school. One phone interview and one in person interview. they got back very fast regarding the position. Overall a very stress free process

Interview Questions

• When was a time you were faced with a decision of someone above you(manager) that you didn't agree with and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Store Support Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Meijer in April 2020.

Interview

I interviewed on a Tuesday, and it went extremely well. I was told by the HR representative that I would hear back by Friday at the latest. Next Tuesday rolls around without hearing anything and I receive an email from them saying they couldn’t reach me and I wasn’t being considered for the position anymore. I contact the HR rep and ask for her to call me and I receive an email back from her letting me know that they’re moving forward with other candidates.

This was very unprofessional and luckily a career with Meijer didn’t work out based off how this was handled.

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carmel, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Meijer (Carmel, IN).

Interview

I applied online. I had a call for an interview within a few days. The interview was in-person 1:1 interview. I was asked a few basic questions and was put in a criminal background check. The check takes a bit longer than normal, but was hired withing 1 1/2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• What would you if you worked with someone you didn't like?   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fraser, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Meijer (Fraser, MI).

Interview

Quick and easy, it was just a basic question about how I would fit in as an employee. What kind of hours I could work, and what my college schedule is like. What the former skill that I have that could help me with my job as a cashier. How would I interact with customers that have question or issue with the price of an object what would I do? Also, what is a good way to deal with an upset customer?

Digital Shopping Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Walker, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Meijer (Walker, MI) in January 2020.

Interview

First was a brief phone call to go over my background. This turned in to a second and final three hour interview. The final interview was with four individuals who interact with the position and the HR employee who was on the phone interview. It was intimidating to schedule a three hour interview, but it gave a good feel for the company and everything was one-on-one which was nice.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you saw a gap or shortcoming in a business and how you approached filling or fixing it.   1 Answer

Staff Pharmacist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Meijer (Chicago, IL) in December 2019.

Interview

I was given a patient case and asked clinical questions. I was also asked several scenario based questions. There were four different interviewers that each took turns asking questions. I found it a bit intimidating.

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Meijer (Indianapolis, IN) in October 2019.

Interview

The interview was mostly informal. The interviewer told me they had sets of questions, but he preferred to do the interview more like a conversation. The interview went well, but the position ultimately wasn't for me due to other reasons. At the end he asked me how bad I wanted the job on a scale of 1-10

Interview Questions

• How bad do you want the job?   1 Answer

Merchandising Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Meijer (Kalamazoo, MI) in October 2019.

Interview

Next day interview from a career fair at my university, a very easy process! Nothing else was required in terms of additional interviews or company visits. Interviewer was also nice and helpful in helping me make a decision.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you worked with a group and the result is not what you anticipated it would be?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Meijer (Detroit, MI) in September 2019.

Interview

There was a two part interview. Both were within a week apart. I was given a fair chance to answer all questions as well as speak on myself. I realize there is plenty of room to advance in the company