Meijer Interview Questions

Updated May 19, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 708 of over 708 interviews

Campus Recruiting5%
2.2
HardAverageEasy

Meijer

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Meijer

Interview

One on one sit down to answer a few behavioral questions and my overall computer experience and knowledge. Interview went by quick and was fairly straightforward, what one might expect.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me a time thst you disagreed with a fellow co-worker?
    Answer Question

Meijer

Application

I interviewed at Meijer

Interview

Applied online, they review your information and if it checks out you schedule a phone interview and after that they either make you an offer or do not bring you on.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portage, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Meijer (Portage, MI) in Apr 2022

Interview

First they called me and asked some super basic questions. (Age, can I legally work in the US, availability, work preferences). Then in person was very easy and laid back only asked two questions then explained a couple things, then asked me if I had questions. I only asked what the training was like. Only lasted about 20 minutes. They offered me a job but I’m not happy with the pay so I’m waiting on word from a higher up to see if I can get more for experience.

Interview Questions
  • What does customer service mean to you?
  • Explain a time when you went above and beyond.

Meijer

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Meijer in Mar 2022

Interview

I was basically asked to read off my resume, and then was told I did not have enough work experience despite all the information I provided them being what was listed in my resume.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Meijer

Application

I interviewed at Meijer

Interview

The interview process was extremely easy. They will basically beg you to work for them and let you pick which department you wish to work in. They asked basic questions and was obvious they do a lot of interviews and are not even listening to your answers. No pressure

Interview Questions
  • Work experience, Do you see yourself growing with this company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Meijer (Grand Rapids, MI) in Feb 2022

Interview

Shockingly unprofessional and painful interview process. 1. I first received a system generated denial email about 1 week after applying; I wish the process really would have ended here. 2. Was contacted via email a few days later for a phone screen interview; was a bit confused but happy to accept the invitation. 3. Recruiter admits that my original denial email was in error during my phone screen interview. 4. Was contacted later the same day by the Recruiter asking to meet again because she had forgotten to save the notes from our conversation; I appreciated the transparency, however, this is now the second major mis-step I've encountered in this process. 5. I redo my 45 minute phone screen interview; keep in mind I had to make fast accommodations in my current role to create availability to resolve this error. Ultimately, this leads to another interview. 6. I have my second interview. Interview goes extremely well. My connection to the interviewers was strong, great rapport/conversation on both sides, and position was the ideal fit for my background. Seemed pretty certain I would advance. Was advised I would hear from my recruiter in 2 weeks. 7. 3 weeks later, I get a system generated email that my application is no longer under consideration. Considering the horrible interview process I endured, how well my background aligned with this role, and how seemingly successful my interviews went, I would have at least expected a personalized response with feedback as to why this determination was made. Instead I'm left with a cold system generated denial. Very disrespectful, poorly managed, and all around confusing process.

Interview Questions
  • Explain a situation you had to make a quick decision to resolve a conflict.

Meijer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Meijer in Feb 2022

Interview

The process was easy and friendly. They made the process very lowkey and stress-free for candidates. I interviewed with 4 people and they all knew what they wanted from the candidates.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Meijer

Application

I interviewed at Meijer

Interview

The interview was a face-to-face Question and answer session with the store director after application process. Called in after an application to an informal team meeting room. Manager of the department was also present. Manager presence is optional

Interview Questions
  • Typical questions for this role availability, what do you bring to the role, what do you know about the position

Meijer

Application

I interviewed at Meijer

Interview

Got a phone calling asking if you would like to work. Basic eligibility questions and asked if I shopped there before in the past. When going in for in person interview they hired me on the spot and had to shadow a person the day of.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Meijer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Meijer in Jan 2022

Interview

There was no interview process. I had HR call me and ask my availability and that was that. Even the first day, my manager didn't introduce himself to me, and by my 3rd day (first retail job like this), I was training another employee. Poor experience.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 708 Interviews

Meijer Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Meijer as 65.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.17 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Utility Worker and Pharmacy Technician rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Cashier and GM Clerk roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Meijer takes an average of 14 days when considering 775 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for GM Clerk had the quickest hiring process (on average 7 days), whereas Pharmacy Technician roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 15 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Meijer according to 775 Glassdoor interviews include:

One on One Interview: 28.42%