Meijer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.2

1. Featured Interview

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Meijer (Grand Rapids, MI) in April 2017.

Interview

Basic and easy, for someone who has had customer service experience! Very easy going and no pressure, the interviewer was very likable and tried relating to my answers. Quick process, had one initial interview, was called the next day for my second and third interview tied in one. Went back for those and was offered position on the 4th day.

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bolingbrook, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Meijer (Bolingbrook, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

Apply online. Recieve email. Then Two interview. One with a Team Leader one with a Store Director. Submit to a backround check. Then orientation and 8 hours of computer based training.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer asked you to do something your boss told you not to do?   1 Answer

Grocery Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warren, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Meijer (Warren, MI) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied through a career building site for a position with Meijer. After my initial application I was contacted about a week later by phone to come into the store for an interview. I went in and was promptly greeted and commenced my interview with the leader of the department I applied for and the store director. I would say hands down this was a very insightful and professional interview. It made me even more eager to be a part of the team.

Interview Questions

• Why did I leave my last employer?   1 Answer

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Meijer.

Interview

Applied online and 2 days later got a call back about an interview went in for it and it was fairly easy. Didn't really feel put on the spot too much till I interviewed with the store director.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you'd be a good asset to our company? What to you is good customer service? What are your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greendale, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Meijer (Greendale, WI).

Interview

The first interviewer was real nice asked a couple questions about availability, past experience. The they said they wanted me to stay for a second interview. Waited like 5 minutes and then the second interviewer called me and just went over my availability and what area I wanted to work in then offered me the job. Get my start day when my background check come in.

Overall process from checking in to leaving was only about 45 minutes long.

Interview Questions

• What brings you to Meijer?   1 Answer
    • What positive things would past employers say about you customer service skills?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Meijer (Grand Rapids, MI) in March 2017.

Interview

Had initial phone interview with HR and was asked general questions about education and experience.

Was invited to come into their corporate HQ in Grand Rapids. Interviewed with the director, the manager, and a potential colleague. Was scheduled for one more colleague but that person was out of office last minute and I was informed they weren't coming. Also had lunch on them in their campus cafeteria. One interview was very standard with questions and answers both ways. Another was very 1 sided where the interviewer just made me talk about how I would approach the job which was very unconformable as I could only know so much coming out from out of the organization. I feel like this is where I lost the offer because saying the wrong thing in such an open ended question is easy.

Pros:
    Nice campus
    Director very knowledgeable and gave an enjoyable interview

Cons:
    Company offered to pick up travel expenses. Filled out their form and turned it in but was never reimbursed.
    No show on one of the interviews and last time slot canceled.
    Too many interviews. By the end of it, the next interviewer had not much more to ask or add to information about company.
    Was given multiple time frames from different interviewers as to when their decision would be made.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach this position   1 Answer

GM Retail Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Meijer (South Bend, IN).

Interview

The interview was easy and relaxed. The manager was nice and respectful.Was offered the job on the spot.Quick background check and computer classes and was on the floor quickly. Great atmosphere.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Traverse City, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Meijer (Traverse City, MI) in February 2017.

Interview

Part time seasonal job. They were doing a hiring event and calling people in to fill positions. The interviewer was very upbeat, friendly and professional. It was quick and to the point. They were interested in knowing your availability and how you respond to different customer interactions.

Interview Questions

• What do you think of other workers who do not like to stay busy most of the day.   1 Answer

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cedar Springs, MI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Meijer (Cedar Springs, MI) in February 2017.

Interview

Pretty easy and quick with each interview. One interview with the pharmacy manager, then one with the director of the store. The only issue I had was getting a call back after my first interview because of the lack of employees. The place has been super busy. The director asked about 3 questions Ann's jotted down a quick note of what I responded then had me get my paper to bring with me to the drug tesy. All pharmacy techs get a pre employment drug screening. The background check and the drug screening each take about 3-4 days.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when a supervisor or manager asked you to do something that you disagreed with and how did you respond?   Answer Question

Area Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Meijer in January 2017.

Interview

I am already a team member with Meijer so this was basically looking to get a promotion as some of our leaders are leaving for other stores. I applied through our HR portal and was interviewed. If you have experience, great! If not, don't even bother trying. You have to be specific otherwise it doesn't matter if you work hard or how talented you are, more than likely you won't get an offer. I'm rating it as a difficult interview because you really need to have been in retail or the like for a while and dealt with people along with coaching/mentoring someone or a team of people.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked for a manager you didn't like?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you gave someone a work assignment that didn't work out the way you planned it to and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you went above and beyond for a difficult customer.   Answer Question