Movement Mortgage Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 23, 2018

2.3

Mortgage Loan Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Movement Mortgage (San Diego, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

I was interviewing the company - it was not a job interview, as such. They're a great company, but I will be working for someone else, and now I'm their competition. Great people, though.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my experience which was many years ago.   1 Answer

MOrtgage Loan Originator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Movement Mortgage (Oklahoma City, OK) in November 2017.

Interview

Multiple meetings and conversations with a Market Leader. Very casual, comfortable and unstructured. Met with Branch Manager and Market Leader for follow up interview...again very relaxed. Primary focus is company culture and personality compatibility.

Interview Questions

• Do you see yourself fitting in with the company culture?   Answer Question

Loan Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Movement Mortgage (San Diego, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Interview was great. They were very informative on the position and the company. All my question were answered. Great company culture. Looking forward to taking the next step in the process.

Loan Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Interview

They called me from Career Builder, the process was quick and honest.
    I really appreciate the decent and respectful behavior of the local Branch Manager. Overall I am in the process of on boarding and am being treated very well.....

Interview Questions

• all questions were related to my past experience in my resume   Answer Question

Mortgage Loan Processor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Movement Mortgage.

Interview

I applied for this position about two years ago as well. The phone interview I felt went great it's based on character no questions were asked about my background. I waited almost two weeks and then followed up.no soon as I did that I received the decline email. This is the exact same thing that happened last year. Not sure what they look for but over looking candidates with willingness to learn and well experienced must not be what they want.

Compliance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Movement Mortgage (Charlotte, NC) in April 2017.

Interview

The hiring manager was rude, aggessive and judgmental. Her views and beliefs dominated the interview and did not match the stated company culture. She also expresses a dilike for my alma mater. She made the interview very awkward and unpleasant.

Interview Questions

• Why did I attend my alma mater   1 Answer

Loan Officer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Movement Mortgage (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

It went well and was professional. Good experience. I would say go for it if you have the opportunity. Great company. Professional. Nice people. Hard working patient. Process was smooth

CIO Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Movement Mortgage (Greenville, SC) in April 2017.

Interview

HR made contact via email to setup a phone interview. HR Rep called at the scheduled time and we spoke about 1 hour. She said that she would pass it along for the executives to make a decision if I would go to the next round.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Mill, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Movement Mortgage (Fort Mill, SC) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied through employee referral. Set up phone interview through email through company recruiter. When the time came for the phone screen, recruiter never called. I ended up calling recruiter myself and getting her, only to have her respond that "she never got my email confirmation." I had blind copied myself, and there were no problems. She proceeded to want to begin the phone screen and asked several questions. It went well and was told I would here back in 2 weeks. No response until last day, and was emailed to come in for a face to face interview. Came in for interviews during which it resembled a "cattle call" with other candidates. 2 recruiter interview, lasted 20 minutes. Asked mostly personality questions, if I liked to help people. Recruiter yawned during one of my answers, so I stopped talking. Was told at the end I would here back within 2 weeks, for the new class would begin soon. Did not hear back in that time, sent 2 emails to get response, and finally after 3 weeks got email response stating I was not selected for the program. No feedback, standard rejection email.

I am quite displeased with the whole process. Movement prides themselves with being different than other mortgage companies, but they are not different. Same shadiness from HR, from what I saw working there, not a lot of diversity in hiring. I was very eager in starting a career transition, and felt the program would be a great fit. They stated that their program is for those interested in a career transition. I feel the way they approach hiring in very "high school" like and not to be tolerated by a growing professional mortgage company.

Mortgage Loan Processor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Movement Mortgage in September 2016.

Interview

Completed phone interview...I spoke with a young lady who seemed nice. She said the face-to-face interviews aren't for another month and they will send out invitations. still waiting to hear back.

Interview Questions

• What was a time that you had to sacrifice in order to help someone else?   Answer Question