Opendoor Interview Questions

Updated May 18, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 248 of over 248 interviews

Employee Referral11%
2.9
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Opendoor (Phoenix, AZ)

Interview

Very friendly easy conversation. Everyone that interviews me was very professional. They explained everything you need to know and felt good after having the last interview. We will see what happens next

Interview Questions
  • Why did you choose Opendoor
    Answer Question

Opendoor

Application

I interviewed at Opendoor

Interview

I attended their interview and I saw the long term vision of that company and bright future too, that was perfect experience, and I am investing this company alot too, i hop they sail well throught the wave of doubt

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about Opendoor

Join the conversation on

Real Estate

614 Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/real-estate-5/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Employer-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=Opendoor~1021515
Join the conversation on

Opendoor

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Opendoor in May 2022

Interview

Aggressive and harsh people, always rushed to leave the interview and giving it to the next person. They also try to oversell their research and ML work saying they want to create a Bell Lab team :D I have previously worked with staff at Bell Lab and these people were not remotely close in caliber as those faculty members I have collaborated with. In the end, I understood that at the core it's nothing but linear regression stuff given the housing transactions are quite sparse and little in size.

Interview Questions
  • 1) Pricing system design for how much to offer to homeowners 2) Basic statistics on Chi2 and t test and coding for loading a data into dataframe, quite ridiculous for the level they were interviewing me for! 3) Presentation, for two people that were kept looking at their own monitors 4) culture fit session with someone having his lunch at the same time 5) product questions with someone junior

Opendoor

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Opendoor

Interview

Had an initial phone interview with the recruiter. She let me know when the call started that they had actually just filled the position, but figured we could still get on a call to get familiar with each other.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Opendoor

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Opendoor

Interview

The process was fine until the tech phone screen, The experience went downhill during the on-site. 3/5 interviews began late since the interviewers were not shared the correct meeting links. One of my interviewer filled in for someone at last min and was prepping the q during the call. All my interviews were in the AM and the interviewers were not prepared to interview at that time. The coding link and the system design tool didn't work properly during the final rounds which made the process not smooth. There was a no-show from HM citing some family emergency didn't get a chance to chat.

Interview Questions
  • Had a candid chat with the engineers. Got to know there is no centralized tech stack, right now they are in the process of centralizing it. Many of the engineers worked in multiple teams in short span, sounded that company has frequently shifting priorities without clear vision
2 people found this interview helpful

Opendoor

Application

I interviewed at Opendoor

Interview

Opendoor has a combination of technical and behavioral interviews. It's a fairly standard lineup for data scientists with ~5 interviews total. Everyone I met was very impressive and kind. 10/10 would recommend!

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Opendoor

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Opendoor

Interview

Very positive initially. There were four interviews in total. It was a fast and furious process. All but one indicated an offer was immanent. Ultimately, there was no offer. The manager seemed hard to read.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Opendoor

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Opendoor

Interview

Very quick and easy. Very nice as well. They asked the basic question including real estate license and driver's license. the onboarding process is over email only, which is a little tricky. Going to be going through training soon.

Interview Questions
  • Do you have a flexible schedule?

Opendoor

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Opendoor in Mar 2022

Interview

Was reached out to by a recruiter. Call lasted for 15 minutes. Then I was put into a panel interview. Most of the teammates there were great. One engineer came off as a know it all and rude. It was stated that this position wasn't technical so why was I getting asked these questions? To be honest after that I checked out.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Opendoor

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Opendoor in Mar 2022

Interview

30 min phone screen with hiring manager. Standard questions and said a video panel interview would be next. Then, ghosted. No reply to my thank-you note, nor a follow-up email.

Interview Questions
  • Am I authorized to work in the US, even though this was already answered in the application.
1 person found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 248 Interviews

Opendoor Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Opendoor as 46.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.89 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Transaction Coordinator and Data Scientist rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for General Manager and Software Engineer roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Opendoor takes an average of 20 days when considering 278 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Home Advisor had the quickest hiring process (on average 10 days), whereas General Manager roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 47 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Opendoor according to 278 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 35.84%