Palantir Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 18, 2018
1,087 Interview Reviews

3.3

Forward Deployed Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies.

Interview

Applied online for FDE position (current senior in college). 1 behavioral phone interview, 1 technical phone interview and 1 on-site interview. Phone interviews were quite easy, onsite was quite difficult. The algo/ds questions were presented in a "story" format, not in a traditional CTCI fashion. The difficulty for me was translating the "real life" example into an algo/ds solution.

Interview Questions

• Phone interview were easy. Onsite was difficult. The difficult part for me was not the algorithm/data structure questions, but that they were given in a "story" format. Have to be able to translate a "real life" situation to an algorithm/data structure solution.

1 algorithm question (graph based), 1 design question (very random/unexpected) and 1 data structure question (tree based).   Answer Question

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (New York, NY).

Interview

It started with a phone interview. After the phone interview, they flew me to New York where I had 2 days of one-on-one interviews (7 total, each lasted around 30 minutes). It was definitely a lot of talking, but everyone was engaged and kind.

Interview Questions

• If you weren't looking for recruiting positions, what other kind of job/field would you be interested in?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies.

Interview

Got a hr call. She asked me 30 minutes of behavior questions. Such as Why do you choose this college. I said one of the professor was very good. I prepared very well. I passed. I was a very good experience.

Deployment Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (Washington, DC) in December 2017.

Interview

Phone screen with a recruiter, who was pleasant to work with, to determine if I was a good fit for the company based on my background and responses. However, the on-site interviews were very unpleasant and cold from the start; interviewers (very arrogant) went straight into drilling me with generic questions without taking a breath and ended each interview with the question, Why Palantir? This methodology wasn't sufficient to generate any interest in working there and was very choppy and one-sided, which was an indicator of what it would potentially be like working there, despite the perks.

Forward Deployed Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (Palo Alto, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

I got recruited for a position. 2 weeks later they setup a phone interview. Followed by a coding challenge. Everything is within 1 month. The experiences are very good. The recruiter asks many questions and was very good to provide another position based on my background

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself including my projects and experiences related to CS   Answer Question

Path Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (Washington, DC).

Interview

Hackerrank -> Onsite. One technical, one learning, one decomp with behaviorials in each. All the people I talked to seemed cool. Not sold on them valuing privacy and security though (cmon your core product?). Would be a good experience if not for them escorting half the interviewees out halfway through the day, and giving the rest of us more behaviorials. Is 5 hours of your time really worth the reputation of the company? Tbh I read about this in the other reviews on here too and allegedly they had employees write good reviews because the bad reviews on here were killing their hiring opportunities.

Devops Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

- Smooth process
    - Active, engaged and responsive recruiter
    - Respectful and honest interviewers
    - Great on-site day... I left feeling energetic after insightful conversations that I had with everyone

Only negative:

- Murky decision-making process... that becomes a little bit more clear as go through the various stages

Interview Questions

• All technical and non technical questions asked were within the scope of the role I was interviewing for.   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies.

Interview

They asked me to complete one phone screening, then one screen-shared phone technical interview with an engineer. Both calls went very well, in my opinion, and less than 24 hours later I received a rejection e-mail with no explanation for what went wrong.

Interview Questions

• Why are you excited about Palantir Technologies, and why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Site Reliability Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (New York, NY).

Interview

Interviews were structured and well organized. Coordinators were helpful and took care of scheduling logistics and everyone throughout the process were responsive.

If you're thinking of joining Palantir, I would recommend it.

Palantir Path Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (Washington, DC) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied online, then got an email for the HackerRank. After hackerrank, I got an email for an onsite interview at Washington DC. Flew all the way to Washington DC and did 3 rounds of interviews. One coding, one learning, and one software decomposition, behavioral questions were mixed in before each interview. Mid-interview they escorted out half of the candidates, while the other half continued on with interviews + the facility tour, I found this to be pretty BM.