Palantir Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.2

Sort:

Corporate Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (San Francisco, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

I had a phone screening with one member of the finance team. The person was very kind but the questions were kind of difficult for an introductory phone screening. There were a lot of questions about security insights as well as policy questions about Palantir. Overall the experience was good but I had the feeling that the questions were not so much related to the role.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies in May 2014.

Interview

Initial screen by telephone. Had to use Palantir software from home and answer some questions. Final interview at office. 2 one-on-ones and 1 two-on-one. Behavioral questions, cases, and asked to consider how Palantir could approach healthcare.

Interview Questions

• How can Palantir's approach be applied to healthcare?   1 Answer

Software Development Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (Palo Alto, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

Please be as detailed as possible - everything from your initial communications with the company, organization and planning of the interview, number and type of interviews, and any advice you might offer to other interview candidates. Bonus points for your perceptions of the people, office, and work culture.

Interview Questions

• Given a bag of nuts and a bag of bolts, each having a different size within a bag but exactly one match in the other bag, give a fast algorithm to find all matches.   4 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

A recruiter found me from online. After several weeks a phone interview with an engineer was scheduled. The phone interview was done on a computer where I worked on something and the interviewer will give some hints. The question was easy but I was nervous so I did not do well. After a few weeks I got an email that the position is not a fit.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter - she set up a phone interview which I expected to be relatively casual, but ended up having a technical interview portion at the end. This was fine and I probably should have expected it, but it would have been nice if this was brought up ahead of time. Overall it was a friendly experience, and despite not doing as well in the technical portions as I know I could have (I was in my car with nothing to take notes with), the interview was definitely a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• The questions weren't particularly hard, just be sure to prepare a bit before interviewing.

Explain the significance of 2^32 (This was kind of vague, but still should have been more obvious if i was a bit more relaxed).   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies.

Interview

You'll have to go through a code challenge for them to contact you. I was only able to get a few of the test cases right. It was tough but I believe it helped test your coding skills.

Interview Questions

• The code challenge had recursion in it and I wasn't very strong in that area. They gave you 90 minutes to finish the challenge.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Approached at a career fair, received a online code screen. The website was tough to use, took me awhile to figure out how to submit my code and develop in the online environment. In hindsight, I should've prepared beforehand to sit down and focus.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I had an HR phone screen and a technical phone screen before a day-long onsite. This was my first experience interviewing with a bigger company as a software engineer. Onsite questions were mostly algorithms-focused. I'd call the questions moderately difficult. I don't have CS background, and only had a couple months of teaching myself algorithms part-time at that point. If I'd had had a little more study time under my belt, I think I would have gotten the offer.

Interview Questions

• Give 3 distinct algorithms to find the K largest values in a list of N items.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies.

Interview

Initial round - Phone Interview. HR questions with basic Technical questions towards the end.
    Second round - Technical Phone Interview for 45 minutes. You will be asked to write code. There are a few HR questions in the beginning asking why are you interested in the company.

Interview Questions

• Remove duplicates in an unsorted array where the duplicates are at a distance of k or less from each other.   4 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Gave coding challenge online after sending in application. This was a 90 minute timed question on interview street. It was pretty challenging, practice beforehand. They give a sample test option say that you can get your bearings.