Palantir Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,143 Interview Reviews

3.2

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (Palo Alto, CA) in May 2018.

Interview

The interview took around one week to complete. I had a phone interview, then went through some F2F (Skype) Interview when they were testing my algorithm, which wasn't too bad

Data Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (New York, NY).

Interview

I was referred by a current employee at the company and after waiting three weeks, got an email to set up an initial phone interview. I did not go through the first round and the recruiter gave me direct feedback right after the conversation that I might lack experience. The rejection email was a default HR email and I would have liked to see more concrete feedback on how I can improve.

Forward Deployed Engineer Interview

Interview

Resume Screening was 30 min call - super easy, tell them about your research on their products and impress them, Telephonic Technical Screening - one coding question for 25 min, Don't ask about Palantir's employee involvement in Facebook - Cambridge Analytica disclosures

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (San Antonio, TX) in April 2018.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter, given technical screening on Hackerrank. Easily the most frustrating and absurd screening I've ever done - had nothing to do with data structures and algorithms in the end (after studying extraordinarily hard on those), as Hackerrank is pretty much total garbage and the way the input gets passed in makes absolutely no sense. Really awful experience, probably won't ever apply to anywhere that actually uses Hackerrank like this.

Forward Deployed Software Engineer Interview

Application

Interview

Very smooth and quick process. The recruiter was very quick in responding. I had two rounds of telephone interviews. Questions and coding exercise were fair. There is nothing to complain, really.

Payroll Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (Palo Alto, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

I applied online and had a phone interview schedule for the next day. The guy I had the phone interview with told me he knew nothing about payroll and could not answer a single question I asked him. He told me at the end that I would not be moving on to the next stage and good luck in my job search.
    Two days later I was contacted again and asked to come in for a face to face. I came in and the person I met with had no questions written down and did not write anything that I said down. She never once looked at my resume. My interview with her was 45 minutes. She did would roll her eyes at my and make this face when I would give answers that apparently she did not like.
    I was offered a job with another company the next day. This is not a department I would want to work in if this is an attitude you have to deal with.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years? (one of the stupidest questions of all times)   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies in March 2018.

Interview

Online coding challenge -> recruiter phone screen

I chose to pursue other opportunities after doing this stage, just based on my interests and what I thought would be the best place for me. No real insight into what would have come after.

Interview Questions

• Online coding question that required performing logic on a data set (no real stats / probability / difficult algorithms).   Answer Question

Full Stack Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies in March 2018.

Interview

Phone chat with recruiter, followed by technical phone interview in ~2 weeks. The technical interview involved discussing prior/current projects, and a coding question in the Hackerrank environment. Interviewers/recruiters answered all my questions and were always quick to respond.

Forward Deployed Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies in March 2018.

Interview

Applied online, was contacted within a couple of weeks and was directed to complete a HackerRank challenge. Challenge consisted of two main parts and a bonus, only succeeded in getting one working. Question was fairly difficult/hard to understand.

Interview Questions

• Asked to detect contractor fraud from a stream of data   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

I was rejected by the HR recruiter during the initial "culture screen" because they didn't believe that I would pass the technical screen. So let me get this straight...a non technical recruiter inferred that I wasn't tech savvy after a 30 minute call that was completely behavioral...lol how does that make any sense? Seems like a very pretentious bunch of people.