Palantir Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,155 Interview Reviews

3.2

Corporate Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (San Francisco, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

I had a phone screening with one member of the finance team. The person was very kind but the questions were kind of difficult for an introductory phone screening. There were a lot of questions about security insights as well as policy questions about Palantir. Overall the experience was good but I had the feeling that the questions were not so much related to the role.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies in May 2014.

Interview

Initial screen by telephone. Had to use Palantir software from home and answer some questions. Final interview at office. 2 one-on-ones and 1 two-on-one. Behavioral questions, cases, and asked to consider how Palantir could approach healthcare.

Interview Questions

• How can Palantir's approach be applied to healthcare?   1 Answer

Software Development Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (Palo Alto, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

Please be as detailed as possible - everything from your initial communications with the company, organization and planning of the interview, number and type of interviews, and any advice you might offer to other interview candidates. Bonus points for your perceptions of the people, office, and work culture.

Interview Questions

• Given a bag of nuts and a bag of bolts, each having a different size within a bag but exactly one match in the other bag, give a fast algorithm to find all matches.   4 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

A recruiter found me from online. After several weeks a phone interview with an engineer was scheduled. The phone interview was done on a computer where I worked on something and the interviewer will give some hints. The question was easy but I was nervous so I did not do well. After a few weeks I got an email that the position is not a fit.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter - she set up a phone interview which I expected to be relatively casual, but ended up having a technical interview portion at the end. This was fine and I probably should have expected it, but it would have been nice if this was brought up ahead of time. Overall it was a friendly experience, and despite not doing as well in the technical portions as I know I could have (I was in my car with nothing to take notes with), the interview was definitely a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• The questions weren't particularly hard, just be sure to prepare a bit before interviewing.

Explain the significance of 2^32 (This was kind of vague, but still should have been more obvious if i was a bit more relaxed).   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I had an HR phone screen and a technical phone screen before a day-long onsite. This was my first experience interviewing with a bigger company as a software engineer. Onsite questions were mostly algorithms-focused. I'd call the questions moderately difficult. I don't have CS background, and only had a couple months of teaching myself algorithms part-time at that point. If I'd had had a little more study time under my belt, I think I would have gotten the offer.

Interview Questions

• Give 3 distinct algorithms to find the K largest values in a list of N items.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Contacted by a university recruiter as part of their annual new-grad hiring process. Had a couple of phone interviews before they flew me out to the valley for a day's worth of interviews.

Interviews were quite tough, they grilled me on Java - something which I was not too familiar with.

The kitchen was awesome, though!

Interview Questions

• I couldn't answer several of the Java OOP questions that were asked. I wish I had read up more on the intricacies of access modifiers, etc.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I think the interviewers are not very experienced and professional. They tend to show off their *high* IQ instead of focusing on the interviews. However, the recruiters are great and patient. They explained things well and tried their best to make the interviewee as comfortable as possible.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

interviewers are very friends and typical bay area software engineers. They are very sharp and helpful during interview process. Most of interview questions are algorithmic. The hiring process is thorough.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter, whom I emailed back in a few days. HR interview went fine but the technical interview was very difficult. A few weeks later I received an email that they moved on. By far the most difficult technical interview so far.

Interview Questions

• I don't want to give the question away, but it was about a data structure that is almost never used in production code and which I didn't even study for.   Answer Question