Palantir Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,130 Interview Reviews

3.2

Data Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (New York, NY).

Interview

I was referred by a current employee at the company and after waiting three weeks, got an email to set up an initial phone interview. I did not go through the first round and the recruiter gave me direct feedback right after the conversation that I might lack experience. The rejection email was a default HR email and I would have liked to see more concrete feedback on how I can improve.

Forward Deployed Engineer Interview

Interview

Resume Screening was 30 min call - super easy, tell them about your research on their products and impress them, Telephonic Technical Screening - one coding question for 25 min, Don't ask about Palantir's employee involvement in Facebook - Cambridge Analytica disclosures

Forward Deployed Software Engineer Interview

Application

Interview

Very smooth and quick process. The recruiter was very quick in responding. I had two rounds of telephone interviews. Questions and coding exercise were fair. There is nothing to complain, really.

Payroll Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (Palo Alto, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

I applied online and had a phone interview schedule for the next day. The guy I had the phone interview with told me he knew nothing about payroll and could not answer a single question I asked him. He told me at the end that I would not be moving on to the next stage and good luck in my job search.
    Two days later I was contacted again and asked to come in for a face to face. I came in and the person I met with had no questions written down and did not write anything that I said down. She never once looked at my resume. My interview with her was 45 minutes. She did would roll her eyes at my and make this face when I would give answers that apparently she did not like.
    I was offered a job with another company the next day. This is not a department I would want to work in if this is an attitude you have to deal with.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years? (one of the stupidest questions of all times)   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies in March 2018.

Interview

Online coding challenge -> recruiter phone screen

I chose to pursue other opportunities after doing this stage, just based on my interests and what I thought would be the best place for me. No real insight into what would have come after.

Interview Questions

• Online coding question that required performing logic on a data set (no real stats / probability / difficult algorithms).   Answer Question

Full Stack Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies in March 2018.

Interview

Phone chat with recruiter, followed by technical phone interview in ~2 weeks. The technical interview involved discussing prior/current projects, and a coding question in the Hackerrank environment. Interviewers/recruiters answered all my questions and were always quick to respond.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

I was rejected by the HR recruiter during the initial "culture screen" because they didn't believe that I would pass the technical screen. So let me get this straight...a non technical recruiter inferred that I wasn't tech savvy after a 30 minute call that was completely behavioral...lol how does that make any sense? Seems like a very pretentious bunch of people.

Site Reliability Operations Analyst Interview

Interview

I made it through four phone interviews before I was told I wouldn't be a good fit. While they were quick to respond and the turn around between interviews was short, I felt it was an opaque and long process. Most of the questions were behavioral questions and scenario based questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you disagree with a superior and how you handled that situation.   Answer Question

New Grad Forward Deployed Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (New York, NY).

Interview

One of the weirdest and sketchiest interview processes that I’ve gone through. At every stage Palantir wanted to know about my other offers and my decision process concerning the offers. They asked me at least three times about my offers. I had two phone interviews which went pretty well. I enjoyed speaking with those interviewers. I then made it to the on-site. The on-site reinforced how weird and sketchy Palantir is. When I arrived I was placed in a room where the names of Palantir’s products were displayed on a screen. The names were things like Palladium and other elements sounding names. I must say the office is pretty cool. I had three interviews. They were pretty nice, but I noticed that almost everyone I interacted with at the office had blue eyes. I don’t know what to make of that. I thought I did well in two out of three of the interviews, but ultimately I did not get the offer.

Forward Deployed Software Engineer, Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies in February 2018.

Interview

Messaged a recruiter over LinkedIn and was sent a HackerRank coding challenge. After passing that a 30 minute chat with a recruiter was scheduled. Asked in-depth questions about projects, work experience, and career goals. Then scheduled a 45 minute technical phone interview. I got rejected after this round, however the final round would've been an on-site.

Interview Questions

• Balanced Chemical Reactions

For a chemical reaction represented by a string, verify that the chemical
      reaction is a balanced reaction (i.e. that we didn't somehow lose or gain
      an atom during reaction). If the reaction is balanced return true,
      otherwise return false.

For example, for the hydrogen combustionreaction:

'2 H2 + O2 -> 2 H2O'

would output true because the number of atoms in the reactants match up
      with the number of atoms in the product.

However, for the precipitation of silver-chloride:

'NaCl + AgNO3 -> NaNO3 + Ag'

the output should be false because we're missing the chlorine atom in
      the products.

The reactancts and products will always be separated by a right
      pointing arrow "->" and the individual molecules within the
      reactants/products are always separated by a "+" sign. Multiple
      molecules are represented by a number and space prefacing the
      molecule (e.g., "2 H20").   Answer Question