RSM Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 21, 2018

2.6

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at RSM (Chicago, IL) in May 2018.

Interview

Very relaxed environment. Was asked a couple of questions and then it seemed like we just chit chatted the rest of the time. Make sure you are prepared to answer one or two questions really well and then don't be afraid to loosen up and ask some questions.

Interview Questions

• What is a situation you had in which you had to work in a challenging group?   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RSM (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Meet campus recruiter at career fair, talked to her and she said she will set up campus interview for me right away. Had campus interview at the following Friday with one senior manager and one partner. The interview was really laid back. I sent thank you letter to both interviewers on Friday afternoon, and both of them reply to me within five hours and said I will hear some good news from them soon. Got the second round interview invitation the following Monday, and interview was on Friday. Interviewed with two Managers and had a office tour, which took about an hour and half. Got phone call from HR the following Wednesday and accepted the offer. The interviews are really laid back. It seems like they want you to lead the conversation. Make sure you know your resume really well! And keep bring up your strength and why you are a perfect match to this position!

Interview Questions

• Why RSM? Why auditing? Walk me through you resume? Work/life balance? What do you do when you are not working?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at RSM.

Interview

Comfortable, professional, and welcoming. Got recruited from my college campus and landed an on campus interview. Got invited to the in office interviews within 2 weeks of completing the initial interview. In office interviews include a breakfast or lunch, a mini presentation from the HR or recruiting chairs, and 3 interviews with various members of upper level management in their office. There is a “break” for 30 minutes, also the time of each interview, and you get to speak with current employees in the office. It was a good experience and they are very nice.

Interview Questions

• The first interview question was to tell me about myself. It was a professional yet casual interview because there were no “formal behavioral type” questions and I felt like I was a lot more relaxed this way.   Answer Question

Technology Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at RSM.

Interview

Phone screening interview, then in person interview. I did a campus interview, so then he sent me to one of the branches for an on site interview. It was a big interview day with lots of applicants and interviewers, but it was still 1:1 where you could have up to 4 different interviews.

Interview Questions

• What job are you looking for (there's 90+ options in tech on the RSM website)   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clive, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at RSM (Clive, IA) in March 2018.

Interview

The interviews with the partner and senior manager were fine. The HR process before and after was a joke. I applied and had an initial phone screen with an HR individual based in Houston. She asked when I would have availability to do the screening and I responded within 30 minutes. I had to reach back out to her 2 days later because she never got back to me.

I did the screen and a few days later a different HR rep based in Omaha reached out to set up an in person interview with a partner in the Des Moines office.

I got the interview scheduled for 9am, I was not told where to park, where in the building the office was, and I was also not told there would be more than one interview.

The first interview with the partner was fine, we talked more about March Madness and baseball than the job. He didn’t seem all that interested in interviewing, as it concluded he told me I would be meeting with a senior manager next. That interview went ok as well, I asked her about the culture of the company and she gave me a 10-15 minute long-winded answer that ate up most of the interview time. I asked about timeline and they said the first HR girl based in Houston would get back to me ASAP. I left feeling pretty good, although I had to pay for my own parking.

Two weeks later I had not heard a thing so I emailed the Houston HR rep at 1:50pm at 1:58 she responded saying thanks for reaching out but they were not moving forward with me.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at RSM in March 2018.

Interview

Personally believe that RSM has no idea what they are doing when it comes to interviews. The company culture does not appear great as the people doing the interviews did not know one another.

Interview Questions

• What do you think a consulting job does?
      Basic Resume questions   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at RSM (Des Moines, IA) in March 2018.

Interview

First interview was on my college campus. Was very informal, they were just trying to get to know my personality. Second interview was in office. It was similar to the first but they asked a few behavioral questions. 3.5 weeks later I had to email them about my application status because they never contacted me after the interview.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at RSM in March 2018.

Interview

Asked very basic questions mostly behavioral questions. Person who did the interview was very nice and easy to talk to. The interview lasted around 30 minutes. Not a hard interview.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at RSM in March 2018.

Interview

I met a company representative at my school who referred to me their hiring manager. I emailed the hiring manager and had a couple emails back and forth. Then, I went through a pretty standard phone screening interview where they asked me general questions. Everything seemed great until they ghosted me completely. I even tried emailing them again asking if I could know the status of my application (knowing full-well i was probably rejected), and still got no response. Pretty unprofessional.

Pathways Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at RSM (Tallahassee, FL).

Interview

RSM is all about the community of people that they work with, so the interview was very relaxed. I had already attended some of the socials that they had hosted prior to the interview, so all of the basic questions were unnecessary. It felt more like a conversation, and less of just me answering questions. My interviewer and I talked about the experience posted on my resume and he just wanted me to expound a bit more on them. Also, he was interested more in my personal life and seeing the type of individual that I was. If you've got the interview, that means you're qualified, the interview is just to see what kind of person you are and if you can fit in with their culture.