RSM Interview Questions | Glassdoor

RSM Interview Questions

Updated Aug 10, 2018

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at RSM (Tallahassee, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

Met recruiter at a career fair on campus. Got invited to a pre-interview social the night before the interview, where candidates had the opportunity to meet their interviewer. Had a one on one interview with one of the company's manager's.

Interview Questions

• What has been your biggest failure?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at RSM (Chicago, IL) in October 2012.

Interview

On campus interview and then on-site. The interview was pretty laid back, just asking more on your resume and telling about the specific role.

Interview Questions

• The interview with senior consultant was very unorganized. He did not have any questions to ask and seemed preoccupied with work.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at RSM (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

I met with some McGladrey employees at my schools career fair. I met one guy that really liked me and we talked for about 15 minutes and I gave him my resume. They ended up reaching out to me about 3 weeks later and I had a phone call with an analyst. Then they invited me out to the super day and I ended up getting the offer.

Consulting Interview

Interview

I met the company at career fair and got invited to the on-campus interviews. Everyone I met from McGladrey was very welcoming and not intimidating, which made it easy to communicate and be yourself around them. I got to meet my interviewer the night before at a social event. The on-campus interview included a case study (they just want to see the way you think) and mostly behavioral questions. After the on-campus interviews, I got invited to a pre-interview reception and the in-office interview. Most behavioral questions and conversational interview to get to know you.

Interview Questions

• There were really no difficult questions. Basically just be yourself and show how you would be a great fit to the company. Show that you have a great personality and that you are interested in learning and growing professionally.   Answer Question

Consulting Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at RSM in June 2015.

Interview

I applied through my university and had a phone interview. After the phone interview I had two interviews at their office. The interviews were very laid back. They asked me to describe myself and where I saw myself in 5 years. They didn't ask any behavioral questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RSM (Detroit, MI) in June 2013.

Interview

It was a two phase interview process. The people were really great, didn't try to intimidate you. They really just want to know if you are a good fit for the firm. One on one with associates and partners mixed.

Consulting Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at RSM (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with three different people. Each interview was 30-40 minutes over the course of one day. Each interview was very conversational. It seems like they want to make sure you are professional and will be enjoyable to work with.

Consulting Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at RSM (Atlanta, GA) in November 2015.

Interview

Please save yourself time and not apply to this company. HR is very UNORGANIZED since they don't tell you the status of your application. I had a phone interview which went very well and they called me in for the office interview and that also went very well. The director said they'll get back to me the following day, but I had no response from them till 4 days. Total waste of my time!

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at RSM in May 2012.

Interview

Very relaxed. Applied online and receive a phone interview within 2 weeks of apply. After the phone interview I was scheduled to have an on site interview within the next week. Got an offer after the 1 on 1 interview within 2 days.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at RSM.

Interview

Overall a great interview process. HR was extremely helpful and the interview process had no case component which allowed you to really express who you are and why you're a good fit.

Round 1: In office: Three consecutive 30-45 minute interviews (Associate, Manager, Director). Mainly asking why you want to work there over other firms (important to note middle market)
    - A good reason for the middle market is that you are put on meaningful projects that you won't get in boutique firms, but get exposure to decision makers which you might not get at a large firm.

Round 2: Confirmation email with another Director