Rockwell Collins Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Rockwell Collins Interview Questions

Updated Sep 20, 2018

2.6

Contract Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins.

Interview

Interviewers had obviously reviewed my resume prior to the interview allowing them to ask questions tailored to my specific job history and educational accomplishments.
    First interview was with three individuals who would be peers. second interview was with hiring manager and another senior manager. Third interview was with departmental director. There was about a week between each interview.

Interview Questions

• What skills obtained in my prior and current job position would be most beneficial to me as a Contract Manager.?   Answer Question

Rockwell Collins Response

Dec 9, 2015 – Manager, Strategic Staffing

Thank you for sharing your experience with others. We strive to make it the most positive it can be for all that are selected for interviews.

Leadership Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Cedar Rapids, IA).

Interview

Dexpending on position, may be just a phone interview or could include assessments. Average process. Slow to keep you informed on progress and status. Stay on top of your own follow through.

Interview Questions

• Questions focus on teamwork, innovation and strategic thinking. Extra points for execution skills.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very little room for negotiations. Stay strong and they will work a little. Different at the Sr. Level.

Leading Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sterling, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Sterling, VA) in June 2010.

Interview

After the online application there came a call for a in person interview. Time and date were arranged by phone and confirmed by e-mail. I showed up at the appointed time and was met propmtly by the HR person. I was interviewed by a quality person from the company in a very professional manner. The conversation covered my experence and qualifications. The interviewer was knowledgable and friendly. The company culture was relaxed in that few coats and ties were visible but no blue jeans allowed. The work areas were clean and well organised. After my interview the HR person gave me a great tour that answered all of my remaining questions. All in all Rockwell Collins appeared to be a great place to work and I wish they had sellected me.

Interview Questions

• ASked about my skills and talents.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins.

Interview

technical interview , test on technical issues..interviewers between 3 to 4. Lab and workplace expo for position, No discussion with benefits until reached last stage of negotiations. Goes thru job history, interview 2 or 3 managers and 6 to 7 engineers. Questions on technical background mostly, fewer questions on process or worker attitudes

Interview Questions

Negotiation

salary

Anonymous Employee in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Cedar Rapids, IA) in June 2010.

Interview

Job Fair at the National Society of Black Engineers. You need to follow up with the HR team. They may forget so a reminder is always helpful. After the job fair interview, they flew me out to Cedar Rapids IA for an in person interview. After the in person interview they made the offer. Very professional process and great culture

Negotiation

None as it was my first job

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins.

Interview

I was not called for second interview because I was not graduating the semester that I interviewed with them.

Interview Questions

• What is your problem solving strategy? Name a project where you have applied it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Melbourne, FL).

Interview

Submitted resume on line. After 3 weeks, a recruiter called and asked standard questions from the job description, and little bit about me like tell me your 3 best skills what are your 3 best qualities, etc. Then in a week a hiring manager called, we chatted about my resume, why I left previous employer, what projects I worked on etc. Then in a week I had job interview(s) at Rockwell Collins in Melbourne, FL. I talked to 4 engineers, 2 managers, and 1 HR person. They were all very nice. One of them showed me their lab where they integrate/test radars. It was very interesting to see. Engineers seem to be smart guys. I was not the best fit for the position. All the interviews took half a day 8:30-12:30. I got impression it would be a nice environment to work in, and they are nice people. They wanted to see if you would be happy working there, and if you would like the work. So, you have to convince them that you really would like the job.
    If you can easily move (no kids, no house), mention it to recruiters because it seemed they were looking to be as cheap as possible on relocation.
    The recruiter was supposed to call me within 3 days and tell me the decision they made, but he did not. Then, I called him on the fifth day after the interview, left a message, and he returned the call.

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between FIR and IIR filters? They asked many behavioral questions as well.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I had a on campus interview. 2 phone screening and a onsite interview. The people are nice. No difficult questions. Most of them are project related questions. As long as you are a nice person willing to work hard.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you have a conflict with your teammates and how you deal with it.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins in August 2013.

Interview

I applied online for a Software Engineer position, after one month I got a call from the hiring manager asking me some basic questions about my education, two weeks later they flew me to their HQ in Cedar rapids, IA. I had a whole day interview with different teams, asking me about my resume and some behavioral questions, three engineering managers took me to lunch in-between interviews. I was surprised for an entry level position they asked only three technical questions.
    I'm still waiting for the outcome.

Interview Questions

• Do you code software in your spare time ? ( Oh God are you serious haha)   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Cedar Rapids, IA) in March 2011.

Interview

Hiring process was pretty laid back and enjoyable. Met with a number of engineers to talk about various topics. Engineers were fairly forth-coming about the specifics of the job.

Interview Questions

• There were some pretty unexpected programming questions, specifically with embedded systems and the C programming language.   Answer Question