Rockwell Collins Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Rockwell Collins Interview Questions

Updated Oct 18, 2017

2.6

Systems Engineer Interview

Interview

I casually spoke to a recruiter outside the banquet hall before dinner at a conference. He encouraged me to see him at the career fair. I waited in line to speak with him at the career fair and he immediately took me to the interview location. He asked me questions based off of my resume. He gave me an offer on the spot.

Interview Questions

Interview

Talked at the career fair. Then applied online. Had an easy phone interview with two hiring managers about a month after the career fair. Got the job offer within a week of the first interview.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Falls, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Cedar Falls, IA).

Interview

It is for accounting summer intern. Manager came to university career fair and we talked and apply online and have a hard copy to him at that event. And prescreen at campus job board, invited to interview. After the interview, about 2 weeks you might be offered a intern. The manager who came to our school is from financial/accounting department. I feel like he has the main authority about hiring someone.

Systems Engineering Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Cedar Rapids, IA) in September 2017.

Interview

Was called by an Engineering Manager who told me about the position and asked me about myself. He was pleasant to talk to and gave me lots of information about what people do in his department

Ops Manager Interview

Interview

phone screen and multiple individual interviews, met with some nice people, was kind of a long experience going through everyone and eventually had to do a panel interview. People were prepared with what were obvious pre-screened questions with expected answers, but then also asked individual questions.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with Lean?   1 Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Cedar Rapids, IA) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online and got a call to set up a phone interview about a week later.
    Interview was just half an hour long and went primarily over my resume. I was told I would hear back from them about an in person interview within a week

Interview Questions

• Of the software and programing languages listed in your resume, which ones are you most proficient in?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins in August 2017.

Interview

Staffing agency directly connected to Rockwell Collins set it up. The agency initially picked me up from Monster. This was in fact a very good fit. It took about a week for them to set up a technical interview with the hiring manager. He could see readily that I had what he was looking for. By the end of the next week I had an offer in my email. This was for a contract position by the way...

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience with Avionics test, integration and certification.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins.

Interview

A short behavioral phone screen. Interviewed by a software team manager. Did not receive an offer due to them getting rid of the co-op position because they couldn't find enough work.

Interview Questions

• Describe the most challenging programming project you've worked on.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins in June 2017.

Interview

Hiring process was smooth; Manager did not ask much about specifics you could do, just wanted to get a feel for who you are. What experiences had you had before that helped the way you viewed things now? What is one major change you would have made about your past?

Interview Questions

• What were some life goals you had for yourself?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins.

Interview

Just asking behavioral questions about yourself. No technical questions are included because they know what you can do and want to know how you are on a team and if you get along well with other people.