Rockwell Collins Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Rockwell Collins Interview Questions

Interviews at Rockwell Collins

2.6

Application

I interviewed at Rockwell Collins in April 2019.

Interview

Asked me a couple of questions then decided to ask me if I was okay with writing reports and such. A little abrupt but okay. Went through a phone interview first and then a video call where two people interviewed me.

Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vergennes, VT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Vergennes, VT).

Interview

Quick, in and out in 30 minutes. Very nice people to talk with. You are able to talk with management in the position you are applying for, which helps get you familiar to the type of people you’ll be working with.

IT Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins.

Interview

Applied online at first. There was a phone call interview after about a week of applying. But they didn't take the interview because the position had already filled up.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilsonville, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Wilsonville, OR).

Interview

Applied through the website. Heard back and did a phone screen with hiring manager two weeks later. Did a full day in person interview a week later. Everyone I dealt with in the process was professional and they did a great job of keeping me updated on where I was in the hiring process. Be prepared though.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins.

Interview

Got an interview after talking with a representative at my college's career fair, callback a few weeks later from a head of a development team. Haven't heard back for a few weeks, so I'm guessing it's a no go.

Interview Questions

• Describe the most difficult project you've had. How did you cope with those difficulties?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins.

Interview

One phone interview, followed by an onsite interview with 3 managers. Two interviews were technical, one was behavioral/historical. Each interview took about 20 minutes. Only one interview was whiteboard coding test.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

After the job fair I was offered a phone screening interview with couple of hiring managers. After that I was invited for an on-site interview that took around 4 hours. The on-site interview was very pleasant, the company paid for everything during my visit.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins.

Interview

After passing initial phone screening, I would up scheduling an on-site interview at their facility in Cedar Rapids, IA.

Once there, I had a one on one with an employee who walked me through the structure of the company, what the different departments were and what their work looked like. After about 20 minutes of this, other employees began to show up. I introduced myself to the panel of interviewers with a short presentation on who I was and my background.

Next, the panel interview started (there were 5 or 6 people interviewing me at a round table). After about an hour to an hour and a half of behavioral questions, the panel interview concluded and then we went to lunch.

After we returned, I was given a quick tour around the office space and laboratories. Finally, I had a wrap up with the original employee that had started with me earlier in the day.

Interview Questions

• Describe one time where you had a disagreement with a team member and how you were able to convince them to change their mind.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins.

Interview

Had a 45 minute on-site interview with hiring manager and a few members of the team. Process was very quick outside of the numerous HR forms required prior to fully accepting employment.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Pasadena, CA) in October 2018.

Interview

Brief interview at a local job fair. Basic questions were asked such as coding abilities and recent relevant projects. Not many technical questions were asked beyond the basics. No coding quiz considering that it was a job fair.