Rockwell Collins Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 13, 2018

2.7

Test Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Melbourne, FL) in June 2018.

Interview

I had a virtual interview for about 40 minutes, I met with 3 people which each lasted about 10-15 minutes.The interview itself was very dynamic and fine, no problems.

Information Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Cedar Rapids, IA) in May 2018.

Interview

I received a phone interview from the Senior Manager of the team, and then I met with the entire team of information security professionals that I would be working with and they all asked questions for about an hour.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Cedar Rapids, IA) in April 2018.

Interview

The interview starts with a phone screen and tells some details related to the resume. Then, I was given an on-site interview in Cedar Rapids, the headquarters of the company. During the interview, we talked more detailed about my relevant experience and I was introduced to the lab and the team's responsibilities followed by a skilled test which is relaxed and reasonable. Overall, it was a great experience.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Cedar Rapids, IA) in April 2018.

Interview

This was an on site interview. They asked no technical questions only reviewing resume and simple get to know you questions like how do you handle certain situations with projects and life. Interview lasted 4 hours and included lunch.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilsonville, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Wilsonville, OR).

Interview

Started off with a phone interview with a team manager for about an hour, covering my academic background, work experience, interest in the position, etc. A week later, had a shorter call 10 minute call with another manager mostly centered around scheduling time for an onsite interview.

Onsite interview was split between the two managers in the morning, primarily covering behavioral questions, past experiences (both technical & non-technical), my career plans, the products & services designed there, and high-level discussion of engineering & avionics industry. Heavy emphasis throughout the day on behavioral questions.

Went for lunch and came back in the afternoon for 3 rounds of technical interviews with design engineers. Covered basics across analog & digital design (fairly FPGA heavy) and some questions about past projects on my resume.

Overall not too stressful - definitely leaned on the longer side though, and by 4 p.m. I was off my game. Received an offer the following Monday.

Interview Questions

• Draw a block diagram of a project you worked on & describe it (whiteboard)   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Portland, OR) in March 2018.

Interview

Applied online, got a call from hiring manager. Asked about resume projects and skills. Got selected for onsite interview following week, 7-8 interviewers. All are open ended questions and ask about resume, experience, projects and specific instances of certain types of situation handling.

Entire process and team was very nice and they were genuinely interested in knowing me as a prospective employee.

Interview Questions

• Situation in which you had a conflicting view with peer   Answer Question
    • One problem solving puzzle of ropes   Answer Question
    • Time when you were opportunistic   Answer Question
    • Behavioral and Resume Projects. Be sure to be prepared about questions on resume and work experience.   Answer Question

Rockwell Collins Response

Mar 9, 2018 – Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for providing insight into your experience with our recruiting and hiring teams. Welcome aboard!

Engineering Project Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (New York, NY) in March 2018.

Interview

I was called in for an interview following an online application and employee referral. I met with four hiring managers. The initial interview lasted an hour. Then I had a follow-up interview a few days later with two hiring managers and several Engineering Assistants that I could potentially be working with. The second interview was about 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you took on a large scale project.   Answer Question
    • How would you handle an engineer who insists on doing work that you should be doing for them?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to work with others to complete a project.   Answer Question
    • How do you deal with stress or projects with multiple deadlines?   Answer Question
    • Do you see yourself making this position into a career?   Answer Question
    • Can you handle software programs that are difficult to navigate or have large learning curves?   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins.

Interview

It was a pleasant and proactive process. HR was in constant contact and informed me about each process. Company benefits materials were shared before the interview. The interview was three steps and I was introduced to people with whom I was going to work.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins.

Interview

Applied through the company website, received email message inviting me to interview.
    I was told I would hear back within 3 weeks as I was selected to move on to the next step. When I did not hear back, I sent a follow up email to the interviewer and did not receive a reply.

This is unprofessional conduct. It sheds light on how this person treats others.

I sent a follow up to the HR email that initially invited me and I received a reply the position was filled.

I have no doubt this is an outstanding company. I respect how the interview process can be demanding, and all I ask as a prospect, is keep your word about follow up. Many candidates go through much effort to meet with you.

My negative experience is with the interviewer, and I would welcome another interview with another department.

Interview Questions

• My background, what I bring to the position, and the irrelevant "what are my weaknesses" question.   1 Answer

Rockwell Collins Response

Mar 9, 2018 – Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for this feedback; we certainly strive for every interaction to be positive. This is great feedback for us to share with recruiters and hiring team members.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Dallas, TX).

Interview

There was an online application and if they like your resume they set up a phone interview. Not super technical, look more at your attitude and why you want to join RC.