Rockwell Collins Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Rockwell Collins Interview Questions

Updated Feb 12, 2018

2.7

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins.

Interview

It was a pleasant and proactive process. HR was in constant contact and informed me about each process. Company benefits materials were shared before the interview. The interview was three steps and I was introduced to people with whom I was going to work.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins.

Interview

Applied through the company website, received email message inviting me to interview.
    I was told I would hear back within 3 weeks as I was selected to move on to the next step. When I did not hear back, I sent a follow up email to the interviewer and did not receive a reply.

This is unprofessional conduct. It sheds light on how this person treats others.

I sent a follow up to the HR email that initially invited me and I received a reply the position was filled.

I have no doubt this is an outstanding company. I respect how the interview process can be demanding, and all I ask as a prospect, is keep your word about follow up. Many candidates go through much effort to meet with you.

My negative experience is with the interviewer, and I would welcome another interview with another department.

Interview Questions

• My background, what I bring to the position, and the irrelevant "what are my weaknesses" question.   1 Answer

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Dallas, TX).

Interview

There was an online application and if they like your resume they set up a phone interview. Not super technical, look more at your attitude and why you want to join RC.

Field Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

I applied for the position, within about 3 weeks the recruiter emailed me. From there we set up a phone interview. Then, the recruiter arranged a meeting with the hiring manager in my city. The interview was panel style with 2 people. It was very relaxed and professional.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Rockwell Collins?   1 Answer
    • Are you willing to travel about 25% of the time to the 10 Western states?   1 Answer
    • Tell us about you.   1 Answer
    • When can you start?   1 Answer

Electrical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Winston-Salem, NC) in December 2017.

Interview

Started off by applying online, and got contacted by a recruiter and did a phone interview and small brief. Followed up with another phone interview with head of the department. Offer was given a few weeks after the last phone interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Cedar Rapids, IA) in December 2017.

Interview

They emailed me to schedule a phone interview. It was supposed to be 45 minutes, but it only took 30. They went over my resume, asked behavioral and technical questions, and told me details of the very involved on-site interview should I be chosen for it. I'm still waiting to hear back.

Controls Engineer Interview

Interview

Talked to the recruiters at my college career fair, was immediately asked to set up an interview time slot. Had interview on campus in next couple of days.
    I was asked a lot of behavioral question and resume specific questions in the interview, but was also asked two technical questions.

Electrical Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Cedar Rapids, IA) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got an email from HR requesting to setup a phone interview with some hiring managers. After scheduling the date I waited and got the call. Interview was very straightforward, asked me to go over my resume and talk about any highlights on my resume that I want them to know about. After a brief overview of my resume where I talked about anything I thought would be relevant to the job they started asking questions. Asked a couple of questions to test my knowledge, I was honest when I didnt know and answered when I did, questions weren't hard by any means. Focused on my projects, experiences, and relevant courses. Relaxed interview, they were nice. Got an offer a week later after only one 30-minute phone interview.

Interview Questions

• What are some projects that you have worked on that may be relevant to the position?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warrenton, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Warrenton, VA).

Interview

Very unique interview process. Candidates are asked to present a 30 minute overview technical project they worked on to a group of engineers. The group then have the opportunity asked the candidate questions about the project to gauge their technical understanding.
    After that there are a few small group or individual interview with different engineers and managers.

Interview Questions

• You have a serial interface between two systems that is used to communicate the systems state. You need to send over 4 unsigned 8 bit values with a range of 0-3 for each. How many messages would you need. Assume the C programming language is required   1 Answer

Rockwell Collins Response

Dec 11, 2017 – Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback on your interview experience. Congratulations on accepting our offer and welcome to the team!

Systems Engineer Interview

Interview

I casually spoke to a recruiter outside the banquet hall before dinner at a conference. He encouraged me to see him at the career fair. I waited in line to speak with him at the career fair and he immediately took me to the interview location. He asked me questions based off of my resume. He gave me an offer on the spot.