Rush University Medical Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Physician Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rush University Medical Center (Chicago, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process was long, but at the end of it I really felt like I had a good sense of who I would be working with and what the duties of the job entailed. I believe this is unique, as I often found myself being offered positions in which I had maybe met two or three people I would be working with/for and never felt completely comfortable accepting the position without more information/Face time with other employees. The interview process started with an online application followed by a phone interview. After the phone interview HR contacted me to set up an in person interview. First in person interview lasted all day and I met 10-15 different people for 30 minute interview slots. Then, I was contacted by the manager of the department to set up a second interview with people in leadership positions and a few other department members. A few days after, I received a phone call from HR offering me the position. The whole process took 1 month from online application to offer. Interview was professional yet casual feel with maybe a handful of typical interview questions, but most of all it was just a conversation about the position and an opportunity for the department to get to know you.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Felt it was a very competitive offer and did not try to negotiate.

Phlebotomy Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Rush University Medical Center (Chicago, IL) in November 2017.

Interview

After applying online. 3 weeks later i got an rush interview invitation. Then they sent me my rush interview date and reference link 3 days prior. Went to my interview now waiting on a call back

Phlebotomist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Rush University Medical Center (Chicago, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Was emailed 2 days later with interview invitation. Had to give references prior to interview. Had my interview and got a call back with offer the next week.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rush University Medical Center.

Interview

Was required to meet with recruiter prior to interview. Waited over an hour for this person to get me face to face with PI. Interview was a little rushed otherwise fine.

Interview Questions

• Why haven't you chosen a research area to concentrate in?   Answer Question

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rush University Medical Center (Chicago, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

Had a phone interview with the hiring director, then with HR to set up an in person interview. The in person interview took about 4 hours. I met with HR, then people that I would be working with (Research coordinators, research nurses, regulatory team and then the hiring manager who I spoke on the phone with) they told me I would hear back in a week and if not to contact them. I contacted them after a week and was told I was a top candidate but they were still waiting to make a decision. Have not heard back yet

Registered Medical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rush University Medical Center (Chicago, IL) in July 2017.

Interview

the interveiw process is long but easy going the people make it so comfortable. it was a great enviroment. you interveiw with 3 managers then you go to seleted departments for you and interveiw with a lead or manager for that department

RN I Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rush University Medical Center in April 2017.

Interview

The whole process was pretty seamless. I first went to HR thinking I'd get an interview with HR but was told to go directly to the floor. There, I interviewed with 2 managers, both whom were very friendly. I instantly felt less intimidated because they were so friendly and personable. They assured me that they would get back to me by the end of next week (so the overall process of scheduling and hearing back was about 3.5 weeks).

Interview Questions

• What type of research have I been involved in? (specifically regarding quality of care)   Answer Question

Clinical Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rush University Medical Center (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process was rather discouraging. Mind you my interview was set for 8AM, arrived 15 minutes prior for any additional paperwork that was needed. Rush is a huge hospital, especially if you are unfamiliar with the campus. The assistant hands out a piece a paper(form, stating who we are interviewing with and the location) and a map of the campus and tells us this is where we (it was a few people in the waiting room) will report for our 8AM interview. My location, however was in a different building on the other end of campus. So after walking across campus and taking a shuttle bus, I made it to the correct building. So, I not feeling the process and I'm just hoping my interviewer will be pleasant and very informative. The interviewer was very rude for starters, I was completely over the "opportunity" and this positions entirety. He first asks me did I research the starting price (which I did) and tells me what I'm asking for is too high & the pay is much lower than that. (I should've just walked out) Then he tells me that this job requires late nights (Was never told this) was only told that some Saturdays were required. At this point, I told him that what you're looking for is not me. The entire experience was TRASH and the HR department must explain that the interviewing process is a tangled web, full of miscommunication. Good luck potential candidates, and bring an extra pair of walking shoes for the interview!

Interview Questions

Rush University Medical Center Response

Apr 11, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We sincerely apologize that your interview process was not a smooth one. We are always looking to improve our candidate experience and we will take your experience to... More

Pct II Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rush University Medical Center.

Interview

Needed to pass a test before interview with HR, went straight to interview with unit director after interview with HR. Each interview was one to one. Needed to give 3 references.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rush University Medical Center (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

I had a computer assessment first. Then I had a very short conversation with a recruiter. She was very nice. She told me that she will get back to me once positions matching my resume will open up.

Medical Technologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rush University Medical Center (North Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

They were very friendly there. The Interview was nice and brief. They mainly focused on personal questions and questions about my daily life and how i feel about the commute.