Rush University Medical Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Rush University Medical Center

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rush University Medical Center.

Interview

Started with an interview with human resources and then after followed up with the interview with the managers on the unit end with tour of the unit. Everyone was very welcoming and very excited to interview staff was friendly and leadership was very encouraging.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went above and beyond to provide excellent patient care?   Answer Question

Clerkship Coordinator Interview

Interview

I met with 5 members of the team individually, and it took about 2 hours. They all asked a variety of question and all were very nice and easy to speak with. HR was the decided factor not to take the job.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this position?
      What prompted your career change?   Answer Question

Junior API Developer Interview

Interview

This was ONLY the online application. I have not interviewed, I just finished the application. The Rush career portal requires you to fill out your profile on their site, however users are logged out after only about 5mins. This caused me to lose my work on a section several times. Even my quick edits were not always saved. After 5 or 6 times of this, I was rushing through the application to just get all sections complete before it logged me out. The review profile before submit section is divided into to two columns, requiring tons of scrolling to review the info (usually one column, in my experience). This was very poor user experience, which I believe will cause the applicant pool to shrink due to people being fed up with the careers site.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rush University Medical Center (Chicago, IL) in October 2019.

Interview

Interview process is fairly routine, if you get the chance to interview. I've been applying for months and have received 3 interviews. I was a finalist for 1 of the positions and ended up not getting it. The recruiting department is so understaffed, that if you have a phone interview, it can be weeks til you get an email to request in an person interview. Once you're there, it's fine and the interview questions vary due to who you're meeting with. Be aware that for administrative positions, you'll test for over 2 hours and it takes longer when the computers continually crash.

Interview Questions

• Questions vary as to who and what department or hiring manager interviews you.   Answer Question

OR RN I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rush University Medical Center (Chicago, IL) in August 2019.

Interview

Set up a shadow day with the clinical educator of the OR after meeting him at my school's career fair. went to the shadow day and had a blast! Then after I got my IL RN license, I applied, emailed the people in OR. First was a brief phone interview. They asked some of the questions on the application and confirmed my desired salary. Went for an in person interview and most questions where situational bases.

Medical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rush University Medical Center (Chicago, IL) in July 2019.

Interview

I came in and waited in the lobby. I gave them my name and was greeted by the RN. I went to the back room and was interviewed by the lead MA & RN. It was about 15 minutes total. After the interview I was shown the floor and introduced to the rest of the staff.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      What are your strengths & weaknesses?
      How do you handle difficult situations?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rush University Medical Center (Chicago, IL).

Interview

It was pretty quick and and easy and I received a job offer just days after the interview. This, however, is rare for Rush because they usually take a really long time to hire someone.

RN Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rush University Medical Center.

Interview

Rush University Medical Center does a very structured interview process. Met with Human Resources recruiter or staff and met with the hiring manager. The interviews are average length and can sometimes be conducted in groups.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would handle a conflict.   1 Answer

Staff RN Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rush University Medical Center.

Interview

The first time I interviewed, I was living out of state. They had me come for an in person interview. Understandable. It was just a drive. Left Rush. When I interviewed to come back, I had to fly in for a routine staff RN position. Last min. Really expensive. Good thing I got the gig. Hope they don't ask anyone to do this except for candidates they are pretty sure they will hire.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions. Tell me of a challenging situation with patient. Tell me your strengths, weaknesses, etc.   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Research Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rush University Medical Center (Chicago, IL) in February 2019.

Interview

After being contacted by the manager, I was invited for an interview with the professor. This was all arranged in a nice and professional way. The interview itself was good, I was able to ask questions and get a chance to see how the lab was run and what the philosophy of the professor is.

Interview Questions

• Experience in techniques
      General knowledge of the field
      Experience in general   Answer Question