Rush University Medical Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Physician Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rush University Medical Center (Chicago, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process was long, but at the end of it I really felt like I had a good sense of who I would be working with and what the duties of the job entailed. I believe this is unique, as I often found myself being offered positions in which I had maybe met two or three people I would be working with/for and never felt completely comfortable accepting the position without more information/Face time with other employees. The interview process started with an online application followed by a phone interview. After the phone interview HR contacted me to set up an in person interview. First in person interview lasted all day and I met 10-15 different people for 30 minute interview slots. Then, I was contacted by the manager of the department to set up a second interview with people in leadership positions and a few other department members. A few days after, I received a phone call from HR offering me the position. The whole process took 1 month from online application to offer. Interview was professional yet casual feel with maybe a handful of typical interview questions, but most of all it was just a conversation about the position and an opportunity for the department to get to know you.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Felt it was a very competitive offer and did not try to negotiate.

Patient Access Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rush University Medical Center (Chicago, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online which was a pretty easy application which required an assessment after completion. About two weeks later I was asked to come in for a interview. I took a medical terminology test and typing test. I also signed an agreement for a background check that same day. I met with my two potential supervisors and they both interviewed me together. The interview was around 45 minutes (which we went over the allotted time because someone from HR peeped in twice to wrap up). After the interview 2 days later I was asked to submit 5 references via a website link. That was 4 days ago, got a call earlier today for a offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you were in a conflict with a co-worker and tell me how you handled it?   3 Answers

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Rush University Medical Center.

Interview

The hiring process was simple and easy. The questions were not that hard and the supervisor made me feel comfortable. The interview did not last longer than 20 minutes. You will be given a your of the facility to get a better feel of the job.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rush University Medical Center (Chicago, IL) in May 2018.

Interview

I interviewed two supervising directors on the same day. First interview was great! Loved the director and I could really tell they cared about their unit. Second was a little bit different - hard questions to answer.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself 5 years from now?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Rush University Medical Center in June 2018.

Interview

Very routine; 38 questions on a skills assessment and interview after. Recruiter was very nice, it all seemed like a fluid positive interview. Still waiting to hear back from them.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Rush University Medical Center (Chicago, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online 3 months before I receive a call from a recruiter I took a 38 question test that I passed. After passing the test I was set up for a interview with the director of the unit I would've been on

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was quick and I received a better pay rate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Rush University Medical Center (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview today and the HR recruiter was very professional and friendly. I was told I've been selected to interview with the unit director just waiting for a call.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle stress in the work place?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rush University Medical Center (Chicago, IL) in April 2013.

Interview

It was quick after waiting to hear from them for a couple of months. Took the test and had interview with HR then a department interview and I was in.

Interview Questions

• They asked me basic interview questions about my background.   1 Answer

Patient Care Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rush University Medical Center in November 2015.

Interview

Must complete and score at least an 80% on an approximately 20 minute multiple choice electronic assessment of Patient Care Technician relevant skills before proceeding to the face-to-face portion of the interview.

Interview Questions

• I scored a 79% percent and was not considered further so received no questions. Very friendly and professional environment, but brush up on your CNA course material fairly well before your interview date.   1 Answer

Patient Services Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Rush University Medical Center (Chicago, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

I was a student at Rush University. The director of my program knew the director of my current department. She kept me in mind and gave my resume to my current manager. I was contacted via email to come in for an interview. I had two interview sessions, one with the leads of the call center and greeter position and one with the manager. I then went to HR and had to take a terminology test. Then I had to take a drug test and background check.

Interview Questions

• Can you multitask
      Are you adaptable to change
      Are you an independent worker or team oriented
      Are you flexible to work different hours   Answer Question

Planning Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rush University Medical Center (Chicago, IL) in July 2011.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was simple and standard.

1. If interested, you will receive an e-mail from the HR department asking you for a telephone screening interview.
    2. Once that is completed, the Sr. Director will call you do a brief behavioral interview over the phone as well.
    3. There will be in person interviews schedule. You will have a behavioral interview with human resources first. Then you will be taken to the strategic planning area where you will meet with and be interviewed by the Sr. Director, Analyst, and Project Manager. You may meet and talk with the Associate VP as well. You may be asked questions about your analytical background and whether may be asked for some work examples.
    4. Upon completing this interview you will either be given an offer or someone will call and let you know that the team was not interested at this time.

Interview Questions

• This was a simple interview. You may be asked about your analytical skills.   1 Answer

Negotiation

HR will call you and tell you that you are being offered the position. At that time, make sure that you negotiate. You will probably be offered somewhere in the 46,500 range but you need to know that there is definite room and for this job you should certainly be over 50,000. Looking back I would have asked for 55,000 or above. Otherwise I would have continued looking for a new job.