SanDisk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SanDisk Interview Questions

Updated Jun 9, 2018

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at SanDisk (Milpitas, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

In my opinion, the interview process confused, interviewer confused. Interviewed twice in a rather lengthy several month span; a third interview was scheduled and cancelled with little notice on the day of the interview. Then, I received a subsequent call through a recruiter to interview; I declined.

Interview Questions

• There were no unexpected or difficult questions, simply a nervous interviewer (an attorney), who apparently was unsure and nervous. Perhaps this was the interview tactic. Then, I, subsequently was referred to this job again by an outside recruiter who informed me that this attorney was "hard to please."   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SanDisk (San Jose, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

There was a telephonic interview of 30 minutes

Interview Questions

• If the system get crashed, than how you will debug the core file generated when the system get crashed.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SanDisk (San Francisco, CA) in April 2010.

Interview

Asked to merge two unsorted arrays...
    How to optimize websites
    How to implement ajax to make website loading faster

Interview Questions

• Asked to merge two unsorted arrays...   Answer Question
    • How to optimize websites
      How to implement ajax to make website loading faster   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SanDisk in January 2015.

Interview

It was pretty straight forward. Asked me a few basic systems and string manipulation questions. It was just one round and after that they sent me the offer letter. They also made me talk to the manager after the interview to discus my goals.

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marlborough, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at SanDisk (Marlborough, MA) in December 2014.

Interview

Had one and a half hours of interview for my internship position. They set up a face to face interview and it was very easy to crack. The Managers made me feel very comfortable during the time of interview and it was a great experience.

Interview Questions

• they asked me about basic questions in C, C++ and Python   1 Answer

Strategy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SanDisk (Milpitas, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Four interviews and a one hour presentation. Very interesting discussions and very intelligent questions. The interviewers were mostly interested with my analytical skills and past experience. There was one specific recruiter, who treated me really well, she made sure everything is going by the plan, that I get proper breaks between interviews, that I receive lunch break and that I have how to go back to the airport. She was really helpful and kind and made me feel at home.

Interview Questions

• Walk me over your resume? Explain how exactly you did this and that.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SanDisk in April 2016.

Interview

I went through an initial phone screen with the director. Then about a week later I was called in for an onsite interview with four people from the team. It went by very quickly, and then they had me interview with the VP several days later.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SanDisk in October 2014.

Interview

I met the recruiter in the career fair at our campus. He asked me basic questions related to my resume and projects. He asked questions related to memory controller which was related to one of my projects on DD3 memory controller design. It was for an intern position.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SanDisk in March 2014.

Interview

First round is on the phone, then typically you go in for an on-site and talk to several people. Pretty straightforward, nothing unexpected. No unexpected questions either, typical strength/weaknesses/behavioral/why should I hire you types. Some of them were really friendly and we pretty much had a normal conversation the whole time.

Interview Questions

• - Tell me something about yourself that isn't on your resume.
      - Tell me bout yourself.
      - What do you know about SanDisk?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SanDisk.

Interview

I applied through a job board and was contacted about two weeks later by an HR recruiter. I was told my resume matched one of the open intern positions and they would like to meet for a face to face interview. After a quick round of phone tag, we arranged an interview the following week. I was scheduled to interview with four people ( the recruiter and three people I would be working with). Each interview was scheduled to be thirty minutes.

When I showed up for the interview, the HR recruiter was busy and unable to make the slotted interview time. A replacement HR recruiter was sent in to interview me. She was new to the company and did not know enough to answer the questions I had about the general hiring trends of the company or the staff in the particular department I was interviewing for.

All the people I interviewed with were very nice; however I was a little surprised as they they asked very few questions and asked no personal or meaningful questions. Most asked:
    1.) How did you choose the school you currently attend?
    2.) How much do you know about SanDisk?
    3.) How does this position fit with your professional goals?
    And that was about it. Not one question about my resume, experiences, skills, or qualifications. After the first several minutes the interviews turned into me asking questions and making small talk about the company and the position. Also, when I asked questions, many of the answers I received were long winded and only loosely on point to the question I posed.

Two days later, I received an email from the initial HR recruiter that contained a generic rejection informing me that my background did not fit the requirements for the position, but they would keep my resume on file; though if they were clever they could have made a reference to keeping it on an SD card--alas SanDisk was SansHumor.

Overall the office and the people are nice, but for as impressive as the company itself is, I was not very impressed. Were I offered the position, other than being a shiny gold star on my resume, I'm not sure I would have accepted it.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really unexpected or difficult, very few questions, very generic ones at that.   Answer Question