Seagate Technology Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Seagate Technology Interview Questions

Updated Nov 5, 2018

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

it is quite difficult

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (San Jose, CA).

Interview

First technical phone interview and after that 2-3 more technical interviews. First round was all about resume in that interviewer asked about all the projects that I worked on as well as technologies that are used. Interviewer wanted to know more about why a particular technology did you use and few other technical questions about technologies that are mentioned in resume.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Madison, WI) in September 2013.

Interview

First the higher-ups came in and asked me personal questions, such as, "Why do you want to work here?" "Where do you see yourself in the future with this company?" Then two programmers came in and asked me technical questions about programming and java. They said that if I could answer about half then I would be well off. The easiest question they asked me was, "What is a class?"

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Sentry Insurance?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

About a 40 minute Phone Interview, then 5 in person technical interviews with members on the team, then 3 not so technical interviews with managers and other people we will work with. Pretty casual, laid back, each person had their own style and level of rigor.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Denver, CO) in February 2015.

Interview

It was a two part interview process. The first interview was held at my school immediately after our career fair. This interview consisted of basic interview questions and was to gauge personality. The next part was a phone interview with one of their technical managers asking a problem solving question.

Interview Questions

• The number of calls in to the internal Helpdesk are very high. Support technicians report that the majority of their calls seem to come from users of the QueeQueg vacation database. Many problems are reported with QueeQueg from logins, browser issues to user education. The application is written in an ancient programming language that no one knows and modification of the program is not possible as we don’t own the source code. Also, we have a long term contract with the owners of the software so replacing it is not an option.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Bloomington, MN) in December 2014.

Interview

I sat down with three people and they asked me questions about the job I was applying for. It was a pretty relaxing interview. The main boss who was interviewing me showed me around the company after the interview.

Interview Questions

• If I owned a western digital hard drive. It was nice that they joked around.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (New York, NY).

Interview

Was called for a phone screen, and given some basic programming problems, mostly standard list questions. One more phone screen with all 5 members of the team, each for 30 minutes. Three asked questions, two talked about Seagate as a company.

Interview Questions

• If there is a function on three databases throughout the world, and for some reason one database stops working, what would you do to investigate?   Answer Question
    • Basic SQL question and join. Then talking about log n of the query.   Answer Question
    • Basic scala questions on how the programming language works.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Seagate Technology.

Interview

Phone call screening, then on-site panel interviews of 90-minutes total, visiting different teams for 15-minutes each. More technical teams asked more difficult questions, particularly asking about resume projects. Dress was casual, so dress slightly above causal.

Interview Questions

• Given two strings, check if they’re anagrams or not; Github project questions   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Seagate Technology in February 2013.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call for a phone interview with an HR rep, once the interview was complete I did not hear anything.

Then a few weeks later I was at a job fair and meet another engineer at Seagate. After talking with him and handing him my resume I moved on. The next day he called me to ask me some questions. I had told him I had a phone interview for this position but have not heard back. He then passed my resume to the group I first had the interview for. I received an email to schedule another phone interview.

I spoke with an engineer on the design team I had first applied for and explained how they got my resume. She asked me the basic questions as you would on a phone interview, and by the end of it she offered for me to come down for an onsite interview.

During the on-site interview I meet with 6 individuals at separate times including the hiring manager and an HR rep. The HR rep took me on a quick tour of the facilities. The interview lasted for 3 hours, I had requested a quick tour of the places I would be working primary. The tour lasted a half hour and I felt it went very well.

Overall the process was not intimidating and they seemed very welcoming.

The day following the interview I received an email from the hiring manager saying he wishes to extend an offer to me. I fill out the paperwork to get my background check done.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was really, basic questions, some about me, some technical, some about what i did at my previous employer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Accepted first offer.

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Longmont, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Longmont, CO) in December 2013.

Interview

I had an initial phone call a couple of weeks after I dropped off my resume at a career fair. Then an in person interview was set up a week later. The interview seemed pretty standard. There were some technical questions from each of the four groups. Also some behavioral questions. Nothing too difficult.

Interview Questions

• There was a tricky pointer question. There was also a question about the direction statements are executed in, in C.   Answer Question