Seagate Technology Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Seagate Technology Interview Questions

Updated May 8, 2018

2.8

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Seagate Technology.

Interview

Applied for the job online. Initially had a preliminary interview with HR, asking basic questions about my background. Was invited for an in person interview. The in person consisted of meeting with 4 different people, each individually. They each asked the same questions about my background, work experience, projects etc. Followed up a week later with HR to get a status update on the interview process and got no response, waited over a week and emailed again with no response. So I waited another week then emailed the manager who I interviewed with and got no response. To drive 3 hours each way for the interview only to not even get a response back is very disappointing, even if I didn't get the job they should have the decency to respond or let me know.

Firmware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shakopee, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Shakopee, MN) in April 2018.

Interview

Got a call from a recruiter for basic phone screening followed by call interview with Sr. Manager. He asked me some basic questions like Arrays over Linked Lists and advantages of Binary trees, basic OS questions like process scheduling and priority inversion and some other non-technical stuff. A week and a half later had an onsite interview with Senior Managers and Directors. Very nice people. Pretty laid back. They just want to know you and expect honest answers. 2 rounds technical followed by lunch followed by 2 behavioural rounds with the directors and senior managers. All technical stuff was from basic OS, debugging and comp arch. The last thing was a C test. Relatively simple for anyone straight out of college. The test contained questions on ISR, storage classes, function pointers, arrays, structs and unions, preprocessor directives and basic bit manipulation.

Overall I think technical forms only about 1/4 of their selection process!

Interview Questions

• Traversing a binary tree and another unexpected technical question based on a project on my resume which I failed to answer.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Seagate Technology.

Interview

Got the first interview with HR. Question was direct and simple, didn't went through the resume but only focused on how my experience relate to the job requirement. Didn't think I could get through but got the second interview a month later with hiring manger. His phone talk was very positive, and asked about my concerns and my time schedule etc. I though I had it but never hear back. Emailed both HR and manager but got no response. I guess that is a no.

HR Administrator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Seagate Technology.

Interview

My first interview was over the phone with my recruiter, second interview was on-site with the hiring manager and the final interview was on-site where I had individual interviews with the HR Business Partners and the Comp & Ben person. Interviews were structured with Behavioral Based Interview questions mixed with some clarifying questions.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Seagate Technology.

Interview

It was a phone interview. Just went over my resume. The said they would get back to me quickly, which they did, and then scheduled an in-person interview. Overall, it was a good experience

Data Analytics Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Seagate Technology.

Interview

Got an email from a recruiter, spoke on the phone, typical behavioral questions / recruiter talk.

Got a second round with hiring manager, asked more about my skills in things such as Tableau, SQL, etc. Went into some specifics about some of Tableau's tools etc.

Never got a response, emailed the recruiter a week after my talk with the manager and no response. Interviewed by the same recruiter last summer too, also no response. Atrocious unresponsive HR.

Interview Questions

• Asked about Tableau experience and specific tools   1 Answer

Thin Film Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2018.

Interview

Mostly technical questions which are very detailed and related to research, at the end they ask personality stuff, the questions are based on the resume and some related to the position itself

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Seagate Technology in March 2018.

Interview

1st Phone Screen - Short talk with recruiter about hiring process & job description

Coding Challenge - Straightforward coding assignment, went over during second interview

2nd Phone Screen - Went over coding challenge with hiring manager and talked about skills

Interview Questions

• Process when tackling a problem with little documentation/online help   Answer Question

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Reno, NV) in March 2018.

Interview

Got an email back from a recruiter setting up a date with hiring manager and her colleague. The call with the hiring manager and her colleague was heavily technical and asked a lot of indepth questions. Almost felt like recruiter and hiring manager were not on same page with my qualifications.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Cupertino, CA).

Interview

Process took a month or so. Phone call with HR. Phone call with potential manager. Skype calls with other people in the department. None of them were really technical, and it was overall really easy. Got the offer pretty quick.