Seagate Technology Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Seagate Technology Interview Questions

Updated Jun 25, 2017

2.9

Inter Interview

Interview

Multiple phone interviews. Interview with both Human Resources and hiring manager. Email communication with Human Resources afterwards. Process was relatively smooth and straightforward. The hiring decision was made quickly and offer was received shortly after.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Bloomington, MN).

Interview

Everyone is friendly. After a presentation, I needed to talk with each interviewer per half an hour. Some might got interested in my presentation, some would directly ask questions based on my resume, and some managers just wanted me to ask something. Almost everyone would also throw me some common questions (about teamwork, pressure, motivation) from a page which was required by HR department. Those questions are not hard to address if you prepared similar topics through google. Although Seagate did not give me an offer since bad market situation in these two years, I still encourage people to apply their positions.

Interview Questions

• How would you do if your manager or a project gave you a lot of pressure?   Answer Question
    • How would you act if your colleague had a conflict with you?   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Interview

The hiring manager mainly asked questions on my projects where I applied R and SQL. Be prepared for SQL and R or whatever programming language you use for data analysis

Interview Questions

• How to define a model good or bad?
      outer join or inner join?
      Answer Question

Product Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ithaca, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Ithaca, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

The Director of Product Marketing conducted a 30-minute telephone interview with the applicant. Besides asking clarification for some of the information in the applicant's C.V., the director also asked about how the applicant thinks he would change some of the Seagate's current marketing practices to increase its product sale after a brief introduction of the department's roles. The applicant had to answer several marketing questions in details. The director also mentioned about compensation and relocation during the event.

Interview Questions

• What would you do to figure out how Seagate should change its current marketing strategy?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Fremont, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

onsite interview set up through a staffing agent. Two persons took the interview. Mainly asked question from resume. However, asked some technical questions also. I had to go to the white board and asked explain and draw.

Interview Questions

• draw some mechanical systems where rotation makes translation?
      GD&T questions
      Answer Question

Ssd Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Longmont, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Longmont, CO) in April 2017.

Interview

Started with a phone interview from HR, then they set up a formal interview with a face to face with 3 of the team members followed up with a WebEx/Phone call with a fourth member.

Interview Questions

• Had I ever encountered a project that didn't go as expected; if so, describe it and how I was I able to overcome it.   1 Answer
    • If hired, where would I envision myself in 5 years with this position.   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Denver, CO) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone Interview. I applied several weeks ago and the recruiter and I emailed back and forth about positions. Then she sent me a request from a group for a phone interview. I scheduled the phone interview, and the man called right on time. I answered questions. I am still waiting to hear back from the recruiter if they want an in person interview, but I should be hearing soon.

Interview Questions

• If I were to explain to a new developer why they should learn python, what would I say?   Answer Question
    • Have I ever worked in a large group, what was the largest project I've worked on, do I know about the development process or cycle   Answer Question

Corporate Finance Rotational Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Cupertino, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

2 phone calls with company recruiter, 1 phone interview with department manager, 3 onsite interviews with different managers in various teams. Very responsive and organized recruiter made the process run smoothly without much stress.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Seagate Technology.

Interview

Phone call screening, then on-site panel interviews of 90-minutes total, visiting different teams for 15-minutes each. More technical teams asked more difficult questions, particularly asking about resume projects. Dress was casual, so dress slightly above causal.

Interview Questions

• Given two strings, check if they’re anagrams or not; Github project questions   Answer Question

Firmware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2017.

Interview

A 30 minute phone interview that was very calm and positive. The interviewer was a very nice person. First got a call from HR for scheduling the phone screen. He was understanding of my time constraints. Got back the result in a week.

Interview Questions

• Questions about projects stated in resume and some behavioral questions. The questions revolved around the projects done and basic questions on topics related to them. Also some basic C questions were asked.   Answer Question