Seagate Technology Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 31, 2018

2.8

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Cupertino, CA).

Interview

Process took a month or so. Phone call with HR. Phone call with potential manager. Skype calls with other people in the department. None of them were really technical, and it was overall really easy. Got the offer pretty quick.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Cupertino, CA).

Interview

Had 4 phone interviews then was asked in for 4 more in person interviews. The head of the dept. cancelled and when I spoke with the recruiter, he knew nothing about this...a week later I haven't heard anything, even from the recruiter, I guess I've been ghosted?

Interview Questions

• Several questions pertaining to old positions and situations   Answer Question

Machine Room Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edina, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Edina, MN) in December 2017.

Interview

A recruiter reached from a staffing agency reached out to me. They act as the recruiters for Seagate, vs. having other in-house recruiting staff. I had a phone screen, an in-person interview, and then went back for a tour of the facility. They do require a background check. I was offered the position almost immediately... it was almost a weirdly easy process. It seems that the bar is set very low for this position: I did a minimum of research about the company, and it was treated as though I'd gone above and beyond. Etc.

Interview Questions

• Here is a paragraph about preventing workplace injuries. Now answer 2 multiple-choice questions and a short-answer question. "Be creative!"   1 Answer

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (San Francisco, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got an interview afterward.
    Talked about several projects that I did, and explained the technical details in action.
    The interview process is around 1 hour. Overall a nice experience with the recruiters.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

I had a quick phone interview that was your typical HR phone screen. I met with the manager and some teammates and got a tour. I got an offer very quickly. There was about a 1 week background check process.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Seagate Technology.

Interview

First interview was with a recruiter. Second Interview was onsite and was more like a conversation with a few questions about my resume. Final interview was done individually with all HR business partners. Behavioral based questions about experiences on my resume and how they relate to the position.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with Excel, specifically vlookup and pivot tables?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to keep confidentiality.   Answer Question
    • How do you ensure data quality?   Answer Question
    • How do you know a career in Human Resources is what you want?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you were faced with a situation where you had to enforce policy and the person you were working with kept pushing for you to make a change or exception.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Seagate Technology.

Interview

The process began with a fifteen-minute phone interview with the recruiter and hiring manager. The next step was a three-hour site interview, during which time I gave a ten-minute presentation to the team and met (either face-to-face or over the phone) with various managers and directors with whom I'd be working.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to take a set of data and communicate it?   Answer Question
    • What experience do you have using data to formulate strategy?   Answer Question

Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in White Horse, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (White Horse, NJ) in July 2017.

Interview

It was good and awesome and spectacularly special. I like cheese and tacos and celery. Ok I don’t like celery. But I could you know. Just five more words dammit.

Inter Interview

Interview

Multiple phone interviews. Interview with both Human Resources and hiring manager. Email communication with Human Resources afterwards. Process was relatively smooth and straightforward. The hiring decision was made quickly and offer was received shortly after.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Bloomington, MN).

Interview

Everyone is friendly. After a presentation, I needed to talk with each interviewer per half an hour. Some might got interested in my presentation, some would directly ask questions based on my resume, and some managers just wanted me to ask something. Almost everyone would also throw me some common questions (about teamwork, pressure, motivation) from a page which was required by HR department. Those questions are not hard to address if you prepared similar topics through google. Although Seagate did not give me an offer since bad market situation in these two years, I still encourage people to apply their positions.

Interview Questions

• How would you do if your manager or a project gave you a lot of pressure?   Answer Question
    • How would you act if your colleague had a conflict with you?   Answer Question