Slalom Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Slalom (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

Phone Screening with Recruiter: ~30 Min
    1st Interview onsite ~2 hrs: Case Interview with two change management consultants designed to show case change management thought process, method and skills. Met with Practice Lead after and talking in detail through resume and experience.
    2nd Interview ~90 minutes: Met with a business development lead, Managing director and change management/healthcare consultant.
    3rd Interview ~30 minutes: Met with Boston General Manager, was asked a few questions
    Final discussion with Recruiter about next steps - They wanted to move forward, but needed to wait on an offer until the new year started.

Whole process took ~2 months, was offered a job 6-8 weeks after interview process wrapped up.

Interview Questions

• Discuss your experience and how it will lend to success as slalom. What do you love? Tell me about a project that didn't end as planned. Tell me a time where you received some difficult criticism, and how did you respond and move forward.   Answer Question

Mar 12, 2017 – National Talent Acquisition Director

Congratulations on your offer and decision to join Slalom! As timing is everything, we thank you for your patience with the offer coming a short time after your interviews wrapped up. We're so... More

Consultant/Project Manager Interview

Interview

Nothing out of the ordinary but keep in mind the 'type' of person they want that fits the consulting mold:
    1. Consultants with six or more years of experience at a firm like Accenture, Deloitte, PwC, E&Y, 2. Management Consultants with recent project management, business analysis, change management or supply change experience, 3. Technical consultants with recent experience delivering solutions within the Microsoft stack including SharePoint, 4. Development experience with in any of the following areas: .NET, SharePoint, J2EE, Azure or in delivering business intelligence solutions around Business Objects, SSAS, SSRS

Pal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manhattan Beach, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Slalom (Manhattan Beach, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Talked to GM and group director who were really nice people, then to another one and finally a technical person

Interview Questions

• nothing, the two last used some strange techniques to convince me I have to accept lower salaries, which I was not going to budge, I joined neudesic instead   1 Answer

I have a much higher offer feom Neudesic and I had flexible work from home benefit + a sign on package I could not resist

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Slalom (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Very informal and more of a conversation. Meet all the leaders and very responsive during the interview process. They guide you through the process and you can negotiate your offer.

Interview Questions

Slalom Response

Jun 12, 2017 – National Talent Acquisition Director

Thank you for leaving a quick review of your experience in the recruiting process with Slalom. We appreciate your feedback and are pleased to hear our goal of a positive candidate experience was met... More

Junior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Slalom (Seattle, WA) in June 2016.

Interview

3 interviews in total.... finished 2nd interview last week and waiting on reply. 1st interview was a culture fit interview and asked you to talk about your experience. 2nd interview was a tech interview through the phone

I was surprised by the questions tbh. All the reviews on this site pretty much said OOP and database questions but my interview focused on front end webtech. I was kind of caught of guard as I had been prepping things on Database optimizaton, OOP, RestAPI's etc and really didn't expect to be asked in such detail about things such as webpack, Angular etc. The interview focused heavily on these which was a shame cause although I've used them and know them I hadn't any specific answers ready for them. I have no down as offer because I haven't heard back yet.

All in all the interview wasn't that hard but be prepared because they will grill you on all aspects. I'm surprised by some of the questions say they were asked on this. I would have loved to be asked something like FizzBuzz!! :)

Interview Questions

• 1. What is an interface

2. What's your favorite part of a language you have used?

3. What are single page apps? Why would you use them?

4. He asked me about the company and I asked him a few questions.   Answer Question

Java Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Slalom (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Contacted by the company recruiter. Did a bit research on glassdoor, overwhelmingly positive feedback. scheduled for four rounds of face to face interview. up till the last round of phone interview, i had very pleasant experiences with this company. The last round was technical and the interviewer was very picky about some 2 minutes google able questions, then was asked to do a off line coding project. never heard of this before. submitted the next day, and never heard back from them, very disappointing and total waste of time. Good luck with people who wants to get into this consulting firm.

Interview Questions

• Was asked to do a offline coding project.   1 Answer

Leadership Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Slalom.

Interview

At two separate times , I was reached out by two separate recruiters via LinkedIn . After scheduling a meeting both of them never called after scheduling time slots . Both of these recruiters were completely indifferent and inconsiderate of other people's priorities and time schedule. After following twice I gave up wondering if I was unlucky to interact with the bad apples or is it the company culture.

Also to add these events were at different times , with two different recruiters from two different cities .

In my career of 10 + years I have never came across such poor practices. Disciplinary actions should be taken against such terrible recruiters

Jul 31, 2017 – National Talent Acquisition Director

Thank you for your feedback. We strive to give all candidates a positive experience, regardless of the outcome, and apologize that this was not the case for you. Commitment to scheduled meeting... More

Leadership Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Slalom (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview process was extremely well organized with great feedback and communication throughout the process. Initial screen by a recruiter, followed by qualification screen by Talent Director then one to one interviews with leadership team.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Slalom in April 2015.

Interview

Short interview w/HR, 2 technical interviews w/o many actually coding questions. Told me over and over than I'd hear back whether or not I got a job, pushing the date back each time. In the end I heard nothing after invested quite a bit of time.

Interview Questions

• Can't remember specifics, mostly just asking about my experience   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Slalom in March 2015.

Interview

The process was very smooth and the HR person of contact was extremely nice. The interviews consisted of a regular HR interview and then a Skype interview. They both weren't to difficult but they really check to see if you fit the culture they have in Slalom.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for in this position? Why did you apply here?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Slalom in March 2015.

Interview

Very straight forward process. I was referred by an existing employee and then had a phone screen with a recruiter (non-technical, this was to check for culture fit). From there I had a tech phone screen with a solution architect where I was asked about basic programming concepts, databases, web technologies, and other high level stuff that is pretty standard if you have ever done web development. I then had a 1 hour on site interview with a solution architect which consisted of about 40 minutes of him asking me specific questions about languages I knew and 20 minutes of me showing him things I had built before ( I brought a tablet with).

That was on a Friday and then on Monday morning I received a call back to schedule another onsite interview, which we scheduled for Friday. This one consisted of 2 one hour interviews. The first was with the manager of the team I would be joining and we talked about the web, and I was asked to do some design tasks. The second was with a solution architect and we talked more about my resume and about things like REST. Surprisingly I was not asked any Algorithm questions during the entire interview process. They seemed more interested in my level of understanding of the day to day of web development.

I got a call back Monday morning saying that my recruiter wanted to meet to discuss an offer. The offer was competitive, but I asked for more $ just to test the waters and they ended up saying no to the additional $, which is fine since I was happy with the initial offer.

Interview Questions

• Database design, how the web works, specific questions about features of languages I that I said knew. We also walked through my resume and talked about the various technologies I said I was familiar with. Nothing hard or out of the ordinary -- just make sure you know anything that you put on your resume   Answer Question