Slalom Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 21, 2018

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Slalom (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

Phone Screening with Recruiter: ~30 Min
    1st Interview onsite ~2 hrs: Case Interview with two change management consultants designed to show case change management thought process, method and skills. Met with Practice Lead after and talking in detail through resume and experience.
    2nd Interview ~90 minutes: Met with a business development lead, Managing director and change management/healthcare consultant.
    3rd Interview ~30 minutes: Met with Boston General Manager, was asked a few questions
    Final discussion with Recruiter about next steps - They wanted to move forward, but needed to wait on an offer until the new year started.

Whole process took ~2 months, was offered a job 6-8 weeks after interview process wrapped up.

Interview Questions

• Discuss your experience and how it will lend to success as slalom. What do you love? Tell me about a project that didn't end as planned. Tell me a time where you received some difficult criticism, and how did you respond and move forward.   Answer Question

Mar 12, 2017 – National Talent Acquisition Director

Congratulations on your offer and decision to join Slalom! As timing is everything, we thank you for your patience with the offer coming a short time after your interviews wrapped up. We're so... More

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Slalom (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Two phone interviews and two on-site interviews - very warm and welcoming. Thoughtful, respectful questioning. Was asked to prepare a response to a case study. Everyone at Slalom responded promptly and delivered on whatever they promised.

Interview Questions

Interview

There were a total of 3 rounds of interviews.
    One with the recruiter, and two onsite interviews. The whole process took about 2 weeks. Which was a fast turn around.
    The overall experience was great, the interviewers had interesting questions to ask.

Interview Questions

• I was given an analytical problem of how to best allocate resources and improve efficiencies in a company. I had to come up with best ways to improve a process using data.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Slalom (Washington, DC).

Interview

Four in-person interviews that were mainly behavioral focused and a tech screening that involved analyzing a large set of data. The process was actually quite enjoyable and everyone on the Slalom team was extremely welcoming.

Full Time Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Slalom (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

Met with 8 different people and had great conversations with each. Never felt like an interview and everyone was completely transparent the entire process. Never even asked for a resume-- focused on my goals, personality, interests, and passions professionally and personally.

Interview Questions

Slalom Response

Apr 23, 2018 – National Talent Acquisition Director

Thank you for sharing a review of your experience interviewing with Slalom. It is important to us that the interview be mutual, setting up a transparent dialog on both sides that facilitate... More

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Slalom (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The recruiting team at Slalom is organized and super helpful. They got back to me quickly after each interview, and the entire process(from application to job offer) took about a month and a half. They are flexible and work with your schedule, and offer phone or skype interviews for those that are located further away. Everyone I met with throughout the process was genuine and was excited to be working for this company. Overall, it was a seamless and enjoyable experience.

Interview Questions

Slalom Response

Apr 23, 2018 – National Talent Acquisition Director

Thank you for the feedback! We're pleased to hear the recruiting team was able to facilitate a helpful and organized process for you, and that it all resulted in your decision to join Slalom... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Slalom (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Was referred for a position by an old colleague. 1st interview : The recruiter was fantastic to work with. 2nd interview: Took a test in their office and got excellent feedback. 3rd interview: Met with hiring manager. Great conversation. From what I experienced at this point, I thought this company was too good to be true. And then. . . the 4th interview . Met with the MD of the group. He immediately told me he doesn't read resumes. He then asked me about my background. When I began to summarize my career, he cut me off and told me if he wanted to know about my career he'd read my resume. The codescending attitude continued through the whole interview. He made his judgement before we even spoke. I've had tough interviews, but no one has ever been that rude. After that experience, not only did I not want to work for them, I don't think I would entertain hiring them for a project if this is how their leadership behaves. Too bad, because their consultants and recruiting team are awesome people! I do think I dodged a bullet. This was the Atlanta location

Interview Questions

• How do you think that (interview) went? (asked by the interviewer)   Answer Question

Mar 26, 2018 – National Talent Acquisition Director

Thank you for sharing your feedback here. We strive to give all candidates a positive experience and regret that this was not the case for you. We appreciate your investment of time in the... More

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Slalom.

Interview

Spoke to internal recruiter. She was very nice and excited for me. Helpful a bit. After that I met the regional head of LA - loved him. Wanted to work for him. Really good guy. We met up on Sunset BLVD and it was really not an ideal meeting place. The office is in a horrible location - although I was never invited in. Its not really the most professional part of town. Well that interview went OK and I was asked to fly up to Seattle to meet with 11 people directly and then meet the entire office. Way too much. Note the company was great about the trip and logistics etc but the interview process was horrible. Started at breakfast at 715 and ended after 11 more interviews - and then I attended an in office happy hour which honestly was really sad. I had hoped after 11 interviews I could go to the airport but instead I waited around the seattle office to participate in a happy hour that was warm bottles of wine and a few old beers in the fridge. It was random people standing around awkwardly all sort of eyeing me. How about a little consideration that after almost 8 hours of interviews someone might not want to hear about a strangers new housing issues in Seattle. I really wanted to get to the airport and not talk or listen to another person. In addition a lot of the questions and process could have been handled over the phone. I don't think a trip was at all necessary. I did receive feedback that I didn't listen well. I would say after 11 interviews starting with a breakfast who could listen well? Maybe pace your interviews or have people conduct them in groups - but a marathon day of meeting random people didn't help me better understand the role or the company - just lost me the job as everyone had pretty different expectations of the role. Overall I left rather impressed with the firm - felt I could do the job very well. They called and the recuiter passed. I had to really pull to get any feedback at all. This absolutely the right place for consultants - but def not sales people. Again great firm.....for a lot of people I could see it being a great place to work.

The interview I rated very difficult not due to the conversations or people but do to the amount of people. Maybe 4 people but 10+ is just asking someone to speak too much.

Sigh please skip the happy hour next time.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with selling services   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Slalom (Boston, MA) in April 2018.

Interview

This was an incredibly efficient and effective process. After the initial recruiting call I spoke with 4 people in one day followed by an MD and the General Manager the next week. I had an offer the following day. After dealing with processes that included 6-8 rounds and 2-3 months this process was incredibly refreshing.

Solutions Principal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Slalom (Chicago, IL) in April 2018.

Interview

1. Phone screen with recruiter
    2. Phone screen with Managing Director
    3. Technical in person interview Practice Area Lead
    4. Behavioral interview with Practice Area Lead
    5. General interview with Practice Area Director
    6. Happy hour

Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Slalom (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2018.

Interview

I was not actively looking for a job and was very happy with my current company, but was reached by a recruiter and was excited to hear about the potential opportunity at Slalom. Had a great conversation with the recruiter and was invited to meet with some of the team members in the office. My visit was planned on a Friday evening, right around 5pm, and I was able to meet a lot of the team members and chat casually about all things Slalom. I was pretty blown away with a few things:
    1) The Office space was great and something I didn't realized I was missing until I saw it
    2) EVERY person I met was great. Super excited to be there and to be part of the Slalom mission/vision
    3) Mind you I showed up on a Friday after work was over.... you would have thought the office would be a ghost town, with everyone running out the door to get a jump start on the weekend. This was not the case. Some meetings were wrapping up, and computers were starting to close, but instead of packing up to leave people were hanging out and enjoying the company of their coworkers. Plenty came over to introduce themselves to me and I honeslty already felt like I was part of the family.

The inteview went great and I left the office hours later after a number of informal conversations just getting to know the folks who work there.

My next step was to meet with the GM of the location. I had a 1:1 meeting the following week with her and that was another great conversation.

Long story short, I got the job. My decision to leave my previous company was a tough one (only because I was leaving another really amazing company)... but ultimately, the decision was clear. I was rejuvenated and excited to be part of the Slalom "FAMILY"!!

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience working with a difficult client or someone who is unhappy?   1 Answer