Slalom Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Slalom (Washington, DC) in August 2019.

Interview

Slalom's interview process was one of the best I have ever experienced. I did not feel like they were just trying to fill a position with just anyone. Slalom is looking for people who will fit well with their culture as well as individuals who are determined to grow their careers. Throughout the entire process everyone including the recruiter, senior level employees, and hiring managers made sure to get to know the type of designer and person I am from asking my short and long term personal and professional goals.

The process took about a month including application, recruiter screening, two phone interviews, and one in person interview with three senior level employees. Each interview was very conversational, but also there were some technical design questions here and there, which is to be expected when interviewing for any design role.

Interview Questions

• What do you think you can bring to the experience design team that would be beneficial?   Answer Question

Aug 18, 2019 – National Recruiting Director

This is awesome! So great to hear that the interview experience you had at Slalom was top notch! Welcome to the team!

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Slalom.

Interview

Professional and thorough. This is not rocket science. Slalom truly values it's culture so expect that both you and the office will have the opportunity to ascertain if you're a good fit.

People Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodstock, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Slalom (Woodstock, GA) in June 2020.

Interview

The interview process was very thorough and everyone involved from the company side took the time to get to know and understand me as a person and what I bring to the company besides just my skill set.

Interview Questions

• What can I answer for you about the role or the company?   Answer Question

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Slalom.

Interview

Microsoft Teams video call for first one and phone call for 2nd one. Very candid and to the point. No fluff which is awesome and was not canned responses. It was an actual conversation.

Interview Questions

• Only question was really why looking to move to slalom.   1 Answer

Cloud Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Slalom (Atlanta, GA) in May 2020.

Interview

3 different interviews. The recruiter was pretty technical and knew exactly what was being sort for. Took about 4 weeks total. Also liked the interview with the first technical recruiter who is pretty smart. The Third one was very myopic, and asked the same question in 6 different ways, looking for you to describe the exact platform and tools he uses and understands.

Interview Questions

• The only question the 3rd interviewer knew to ask was - CI/CD pipelines and what you need to have to deploy containerized solutions. Struggled a lot to try to come up with asking other questions that he skimmed over and came back to this.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Slalom (Seattle, WA) in April 2020.

Interview

The interviews went fantastically. A 30 minute phone screen and then 2 back to back technical/behavioral interviews. The technical interview ended up broaching into the behavioral category about halfway through.

Implementation Consultant Interview

Interview

Met at a career fair on campus, went out to a group dinner, then interviewed the next day. Overall a really good experience, but ended up not passing the first round of interviews.

Interview Questions

Slalom Response

May 11, 2020 – National Recruiting Director

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. Best of luck as you pursue your next opportunity!

Interview

they focus more on the behavioral part, no technical question was asked. if you agree with their values you should be fine. Be prepared for the behavioral questions before the interview.

Interview Questions

Slalom Response

May 11, 2020 – National Recruiting Director

Thanks so much for sharing your feedback with us. Welcome to the team!

Solutions Architect Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Slalom.

Interview

I have been interviewed by Slalom Detroit. The first round was by recruiter. Standard process, understanding my roles and responsibilities, my experience etc. The second round was technical, .NET basics, OOP concepts, few questions on Azure and few situation based questions. The interview was straight forward and I was selected for the next managerial round (3rd) - at least they emailed me that.
    Unfortunately, something got changed here, I have been informed by recruiter that a manager is on vacation and on his return they will schedule my next round in another 3-4 days. But I haven't heard from recruiter after that. At least they should show some courtesy to respond to my follow-up emails. This is very unprofessional behavior from a good company.

Interview Questions

• 1st Recruiter Round: About myself, my experience in cloud techs, and about my projects.
      2nd (Technical) : OOP concepts, Design Patterns, Dependency Injection, Azure Questions.   Answer Question

May 11, 2020 – Director of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent interviewing experience. Your feedback is very valuable and we will be taking this directly back to the local leadership in an effort to improve our overall candidate experience.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Slalom.

Interview

Interview process was seamless and all the interview rounds were done during the same month, unlike the Big 4 companies which take 6 months generally to finish the interview process.Recruiters are very prompt and helpful during the whole process. Great Job!

Interview Questions

Slalom Response

May 11, 2020 – National Recruiting Director

Thanks for your review! We appreciate the time you took to share your feedback with us. Welcome to Slalom!

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Slalom (Austin, TX) in March 2020.

Interview

Very friendly and relaxed process. Had two phone calls, and two in-person multipart interviews. Met/spoke with a total of 8 people. Every single person I spoke to was very friendly and welcoming, I couldn't be happier with how smoothly the whole process went.

Interview Questions

• They mostly asked about my background and experiences, specifically around usage of AWS.   Answer Question

May 18, 2020 – National Talent Acquisition Director

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on the process. We're glad that you felt the process went smoothly and was welcoming. Welcome to our Slalom Austin team.