Splunk Principal Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Splunk Principal Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Splunk

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Splunk (San Francisco, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online and the recruiter reached out to me and was very responsive throughout the hiring process. Had tech screen first. Then went onsite. Team profile is very impressive and they have a mix of veterans and young talent.

Got a very competitive offer but at the moment decided to pursue another opportunity.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Splunk

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Phone screen interviews. Designated person didn't come to the interview so another replacement person came and he was pretty naive and lost track of his initial question. Algo and data structures

Interview Questions

• How would you maintain a link like wikipedia (a link having multiple references, each reference will have multiple reference ).   1 Answer

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Splunk.

Interview

One phone screen with HR, one with hiring manager and then on-site. On site with 6 people over 5 hours. Day later got news was not selected. Only 2 coding interviews and rest were culture and behavioral fit, one person was over video who conducted coding. Coding was easy. Everyone was super nice.

Interview Questions

Splunk Response

Oct 17, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Director

Thank you for your feedback! We are happy that you had a positive experience at Splunk. We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Splunk (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Onsite, meeting with 4 or 5 people. Few technical questions. I thought the interviews went well, except maybe one. Several weeks later and nobody has gotten back to me or responded to pings. Even if I did poorly I should get a "sorry we've decided to go another direction...". No answer at all? That's on them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Splunk (San Francisco, CA) in August 2019.

Interview

Interview process was standard, 1hr phone screen followed by onsite. I was initially skeptical when I read glassdoor reviews.. but almost all of them are true about recruiter ghosting! Their recruitment process is extremely broken. Recruiter would not respond to your email post onsite for a month. If you manage to get hold of him over phone, he would promise to call you before 5 pm back with the update .. and ghost you again for a week. In my case recruiter called me after my onsite to tell me that he would like to invite me onsite... really? Can you at least check your records properly before calling a candidate? I have been given time and kept stranded for a call by this recruiter!! Anyways.. after you have made sure that onsite has gone nicely and you have not done any mistakes, code written to completion, recruiter called me to tell me that they are still looking.. and could not tell me anything why I was passed.. From the kind of answers he gave I was able to figure out that they themselves dont know what the expectation is. DO NOT waste time, money and energy with people like these who do not value their word/ your time!

Interview Questions

Splunk Response

Sep 27, 2019 – Talent Acquisition Director

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. We strive to provide timely feedback to our candidates and I’m sorry to hear this was your experience with Splunk. If you'd like to share additional... More