Splunk Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 13, 2017

2.8

34 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Splunk in October 2017.

Interview

Recruiter was supposed to call me. First time missed and rescheduled, second time missed again. Had the number wrong in interview request after saying what it was twice so assuming said recruiter dialed the wrong number both times. Ridiculous.

Interview Questions

• What is your phone number and a good time to reach you?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Splunk

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Splunk in October 2017.

Interview

Interview Questions

• What is your phone number and a good time to reach you?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Splunk.

Interview

Timely responses from recruiter. Starts with a phone call screening from HR and hiring managers. On site interview with three team members that you will be working closely with. Feedback comes back within a few days.

Software Engineering Interview

Interview

Met at career fair, completed quick coding challenge, had a phone screen with a project manager, then completed a two hour onsite interview with four company engineers at their offices.

Interview Questions

• Second largest node in a binary tree   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Extremely fast interview process. Starting from first call from HR to get the offer took only 3-days for me. The HR and the hiring manager both were very friendly. A very positive experience.

Interview Questions

• It was a phone interview on basics of C/C++. e.g., details on memory leak, memory fragmentation, etc. Also, asked question on my previous job experiences   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Splunk.

Interview

1. Phone screen. The screening was very general on my background and details of projects.
    2. Coding challenge. It was a very classic problem, 60 minute long total with two different problems.
    3. Interview with manager. General Computer Science questions on language architecture, syntax, programming methods..
    4. On-site interview. Did not attend as I accepted another offer in the meantime.

Interview Questions

• The coding challenge was about finding the longest continuous subsequence of integers in a list.
      The first interview was about my background, and questions specific to the position. Syntax in Javascript, Java language architecture, python mutable and immutable object.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Splunk (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I started with a coding challenge; after passing it, I had a phone interview with a hiring manager, and finally had an on-site interview with 4 back-to-back interviews at their headquarters in San Francisco.

Interview Questions

• One of the questions I was asked was about, given a list of integers, returning a list of all possible permutations.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Splunk in January 2017.

Interview

Ghosted by recruiter. It's been 5 weeks since the phone interview (and I thought that I did well). Emailed him asking my status after 4 weeks. No response so far.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Splunk (San Diego, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

The second Indian guy's accent was too bad. The first and the last interviewer is good. I like them. But the second Indian guy made me very unhappy and his attitude is not very good and even a little distant.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Splunk (Berkeley, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I went to my University's career fair, and talked for a relatively long time (~15 minutes) with a Senior Engineer. About 3 weeks later, I got a call from Splunk detailing an interview date and time. They were flexible with the interview time.

The interview was over phone. There was muddled sound and I found it difficult to understand the interviewer. The interviewer gave questions over a code-sharing website. Awkward silences over the phone made it difficult to concentrate on the questions; when combined with the fact that this was my first interview of the year, I wasn't able to answer many questions.

Interview Questions

• Questions on semaphores and mutexes. Questions on parsing non-punctuated strings into valid IPs.   Answer Question