Splunk Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Splunk Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Splunk

2.8

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Splunk (San Diego, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

The second Indian guy's accent was too bad. The first and the last interviewer is good. I like them. But the second Indian guy made me very unhappy and his attitude is not very good and even a little distant.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Splunk

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Splunk (Seattle, WA) in June 2012.

Interview

Random. Interviewers have different levels. The managers disregard all the feedback and play politics. Week candidates got surprising offers even they did expect. Managers sometimes just tried to stuff people to the team so it looks good in their review. Then there is no opening and even good candidates can't get offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Splunk (Berkeley, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I went to my University's career fair, and talked for a relatively long time (~15 minutes) with a Senior Engineer. About 3 weeks later, I got a call from Splunk detailing an interview date and time. They were flexible with the interview time.

The interview was over phone. There was muddled sound and I found it difficult to understand the interviewer. The interviewer gave questions over a code-sharing website. Awkward silences over the phone made it difficult to concentrate on the questions; when combined with the fact that this was my first interview of the year, I wasn't able to answer many questions.

Interview Questions

• Questions on semaphores and mutexes. Questions on parsing non-punctuated strings into valid IPs.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Splunk (San Francisco, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

Splunk people are not organised.They dont know what they need from candidate.
    Eventhough they knew that i did not have the skills they were looking for they called me for personal interview and wasted my 1 full day.
    Beware of it and make sure your skillset matches before going for an interview.
    Otherwise you will waste your time.....

Interview Questions

• Sorting algorithms,Performace,scalability,Unix and Linux   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Splunk in September 2013.

Interview

Applied for front end engineer, contacted by the HR within 2 weeks of application, and scheduled for an interview days later.

Interview Questions

• The questions are not hard. Asked about previous projects, basic JAVA concepts, and questions regarding Javascript.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Interview

Interviewed by four or five individuals. Moderate chit chat and discussion of background, interests, problem-solving techniques. Was highly impressed with consideration and politeness of interviewers. The company needs better communication between recruiters and interviewers.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Splunk.

Interview

Applied for the position through LinkedIn, within a week an HR contacted me about the opportunity. For the following week I had two technical phone interviews with the technical members in the team. I cleared both the interviews and was called for a day long onsite interview.

The onsite interview process was pretty smooth. Mostly open ended questions like how would you design a search tool and some question about debugging skills.

Interview Questions

• The questions were bit tricky, like the open ended ones when there is no right and wrong answer.   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Good interview, the interviewing team was quite friendly, good questions asked, they let me know the next day that wouldn't be making an offer. Though, I had performed decently, that was expected since I just had 2 years of experience and a Master's degree for a role requiring 5 years of experience. I knew the work culture from a friend who had interned there before and he told me that they are very particular about the quality of their code (since they just have this one big data product.). The interview mostly involved coding questions which you have to solve on the whiteboard.

Interview Questions

• Practice coding questions and make sure you get it right in the very first attempt.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Typical bay area software engineer interview process involving nearly 10 interviewers with 5 or 6 rounds of interviews. Interview is based on algorithms & data structures, systems & multi threading.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Splunk in April 2014.

Interview

I had a phone interview. The recruiter asked about some conceptual questions on Java and Python. He asked some general questions and then tell me to do a coding question next day. The question asked me to sort a log based on the date using two languages. It was not hard.

Interview Questions

• The coding question is a little tricky, since they do not give you any limits.   2 Answers