Splunk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Splunk Interview Questions

Updated Mar 27, 2017

Software Engineering Interview

Interview

Met at career fair, completed quick coding challenge, had a phone screen with a project manager, then completed a two hour onsite interview with four company engineers at their offices.

Sale Lead Generation Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Splunk in March 2017.

Interview

The first two interviewers were nice people but the last one was a jerk. He has no integrity and dishonest. I don't know what was the purpose of him having a attitude during the interview.

Principal IT Infrastructure Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Splunk (San Francisco, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Interview process was very well organized. Interview panel members were experienced, paid full attention to my responses to questions and also shared their views. They explained about spunk, work culture etc, Overall I had a very positive experience about the company and the staff who interviewed me.

Interview Questions

• They asked me how I will go about addressing specific conflict situations.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Splunk (San Francisco, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online with an Employee Referral. Had a phone screen, a longer interview, a coding challenge, and then a panel interview. It took about 2 weeks total and they got back to me quickly with an offer.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Extremely fast interview process. Starting from first call from HR to get the offer took only 3-days for me. The HR and the hiring manager both were very friendly. A very positive experience.

Interview Questions

• It was a phone interview on basics of C/C++. e.g., details on memory leak, memory fragmentation, etc. Also, asked question on my previous job experiences   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Splunk.

Interview

1. Phone screen. The screening was very general on my background and details of projects.
    2. Coding challenge. It was a very classic problem, 60 minute long total with two different problems.
    3. Interview with manager. General Computer Science questions on language architecture, syntax, programming methods..
    4. On-site interview. Did not attend as I accepted another offer in the meantime.

Interview Questions

• The coding challenge was about finding the longest continuous subsequence of integers in a list.
      The first interview was about my background, and questions specific to the position. Syntax in Javascript, Java language architecture, python mutable and immutable object.
      Answer Question

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Splunk (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Beware - Do not apply here unless you want to wait multiple months only to find out you didn't get the job. I spent 3+ months interviewing for a position (2 phone interviews, 2 onsites) and was left in the dark for months after my final interview. In fact, I had to continue asking the recruiter about an update and kept being told a decision had not been made, which is absolutely ridiculous. Completely disorganized company. Choose to work elsewhere.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Splunk (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I started with a coding challenge; after passing it, I had a phone interview with a hiring manager, and finally had an on-site interview with 4 back-to-back interviews at their headquarters in San Francisco.

Interview Questions

• One of the questions I was asked was about, given a list of integers, returning a list of all possible permutations.   Answer Question

SWE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Splunk (New York, NY).

Interview

Met an alum at a job fair, was contacted to apply online. Set up a 30-40 min phone interview with a recruiter. First a couple behavioral questions, asked about my projects and my knowledge of the company. Then moved onto actual coding on an online coding environment.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Splunk in January 2017.

Interview

Ghosted by recruiter. It's been 5 weeks since the phone interview (and I thought that I did well). Emailed him asking my status after 4 weeks. No response so far.

Interview Questions

• Javascript related concepts, asynchronous programming.   Answer Question