Splunk Interview Questions

Updated May 11, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 493 of over 493 interviews

Recruiter14%
2.9
HardAverageEasy

Splunk

Application

I interviewed at Splunk

Interview

As a candidate, I spent 2 hours for technical screening rounds and 5 hours/1 day to interview onsite. Recruiters are available any time before the interview, after the interview, they don't have the courtesy to call and tell the results. If they don't give feedback, that's acceptable. But not letting you know the results for few days and getting to know from automated emails indicates company culture.

7 people found this interview helpful

Splunk

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Splunk

Interview

Recruiter called me after I applied on a random day of the week without any notice but that was not a big deal. We talked for 20-30 mins about the role and the recruiter said that my experience is good and would like for me to fill out an assessment that would be sent to my email after the call. No assessment was sent. No follow up email. I sent a follow up email asking about an update. No reply. At this day and age, it seems the least the recruiter could do is say just we’re moving on with another candidate over email at a minimum. I would expect better from a brand like Splunk so hopefully they improve.

Interview Questions
  • Mostly questions about my experience and resume
    Answer Question

Splunk

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Splunk

Interview

1st round involves LC easy question + behavioural question. 2nd round is 2 hours and involves 2 harder LC questions with 2 interviewers. The whole interview process was within 2 weeks since the interview was for summer and the application was opened around late April.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you study computer science? Tell me about yourself? What is your interest/specialization?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warsaw

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Splunk (Warsaw)

Interview

The manager was asking very random questions it did not feel like he/she actually knew what will be the biggest challenges of the role. I know it was just a new starting/built department however overall there should be some idea behind the move. Asked about the career part development seemed pretty surprised as it is an odd question to asked.(maybe its US style)

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Splunk

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Splunk

Interview

Most unpleasant experience with a recruiter. Note: The position is based in Canberra. The first interaction with the recruiter was via email. The recruiter sent an email asking for my availability for the interview, without providing any information regarding the form or content of the interview. After I asked for more details via email, the recruiter said the interview is on Zoom, but did not provide a link. I was expecting the link to be provided closer to the interview. On the day of interview I did not receive an email with further instructions. I called the recruiter's phone number 5 mins after the scheduled interview time. After introducing my past work experience, the recruiter made the decision that I am technically incapable to work with micro-services, despite my past experience working with it. I repeatedly stressed that it is hard to evaluate my technical suitability without knowing more details about Splunk's architecture, and the question should better be asked by an engineer. But the recruiter insisted that I "touched the red line" and is not accepted by "the company's value" based on her "gut feeling" and was unwilling to continue the interview. During the interview I asked the recruiter if the recruiter can tell anything about the service discovery at Splunk, but she was unwilling to answer because "it is not her job".

Interview Questions
  • Describe your past work experiences. Do you know about micro-services architecture?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Splunk (Sydney)

Interview

I was referred by an employee but the process remains the same: Phone screen with HR person Final round interview with hiring manager and member on team The interviews in the final round pertain slightly more towards the role, but no technical questions.

Interview Questions
  • How would you explain Splunk to somebody? What is your proudest achievement?

Splunk

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Splunk

Interview

The interview process is very typical where you first talk to the recruiter for about 20-30 mins, and then you have the video conference with the hiring manger in the next round. Not sure what happens after.

Interview Questions
  • - What do companies have partners? - How do you grow a company?

Splunk

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Splunk

Interview

The whole process lasted 2 weeks. I was referred by an internal employee. There was an initial interview with the hiring manager. Immediately after that they scheduled 5 rounds of interviews with various folks on the team. Questions were mostly as 'Tell me when you...' types.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Splunk (Vancouver, BC) in Apr 2021

Interview

First round technical phone interview - typical data structures coding question. spent 1 hour Onsite - 3 rounds, 4 hours 1st round was a couple coding questions, pretty standard. 2nd one covered a range of behavioural questions, targeting soft skills. 3rd one was also coding question. Did well on all rounds. Got rejection email 2 days later with no explanation or feedback. Tragic.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Splunk

Application

I interviewed at Splunk

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter to set up time for a first round phone screen. I replied with my availability right away and never heard back. I followed up twice and it has now been two weeks with no response. If they went in a different direction candidate-wise, I would have appreciated being told such, rather than just never getting a reply, rejection, automated response, etc.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 493 Interviews