Splunk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Splunk Interview Questions

Updated Sep 20, 2017

Sales Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Splunk.

Interview

The HR is very much unprofessional. They asked me to answer quite many questions to expedite and go smoothly for a phone interview, but never come back to me.
    I feel that they just wanted to collect information from candidates,

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Splunk (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

HR team very unprofessional and needs further HR training. Applied online. Got an email a couple of days later to set up an initial screening call. Email from HR also contained a bunch of detailed questions (about 3) regarding technical details of relevant experience. HR also asked for current salary (including bonus and equity) in this initial email prior to any calls. I thought questions like these are quite outdated and unprofessional. Anyway, answered all questions in full and HR never contacted again. Please do not waste people's time by asking detailed and/or intrusive questions, only to completely ignore them later. Judging by the HR here, not sure this is a place that respects people's time.

Interview Questions

• What is your current salary including bonus and equity?   1 Answer

Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Splunk (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Received an email for an interview. The email was cancelled last minute and rescheduled abruptly. No consideration. I had a second interview ( second round ). A month passed by and they never advised about their decision. Very disappointed on the Plano/Dallas Splunk team.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Tell me about a project that you created for IT sales.
      Clearly this was not in my resume.   1 Answer
    • Finally after the second interview they did not follow up to tell me about their decision.   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Splunk (San Francisco, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

A recruiter approached me for Product Manager-IT Markets role, on LinkedIn. Never had I applied to any roles at Splunk. We agreed to have a little chat over the phone. The conversation goes well. I'm told that the Hiring manager-who also happens to be the VP of Product isn't in town and should be back in 2 weeks, after which I would be known about the next rounds. I waited for this to happen, and even after 3 weeks, I hear nothing. After reaching out to the recruiter (calling and over numerous emails), I'm ultimately told that they have decided to go ahead with other candidates.

What a waste of time on my part!

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Splunk (Tysons Corner, VA) in August 2017.

Interview

First on-site interview took a little over an hour. Met with the Recruiter, who would be my direct Manager, two team members of that Manager, and the Head of HR. Did a lot of the normal interview questions in discussing the role, telling them about my previous experience, expectations of the job. However a nice curve ball was pitching Splunk to them in a sales scenario!

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary. However do your research about the product and it's value to a company because you will probably have to pitch Splunk to one of the employees.   1 Answer

Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Splunk (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

First recruiter scheduled telephone call with Hiring Manager. After that there was in-person interview. Five interviewers interviewed with 45 minutes each. Questions were focused on understanding the background with some technical questions in between

Interview Questions

• Hiring manager had different expectation than the job description and could not elaborate exactly what he expected from the position   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Splunk in July 2017.

Interview

No interview process, just would like to commend the efficiency of Splunk's recruiting team. I applied for the position, for which I am well qualified and have fulfilled similar in the past, on 11pm, the next business day, at 10:30 am Splunk informed that they "are very impressed with your background, but after much deliberation, [...] decided to move forward with other candidates." In about two hours of work, they managed to read my applications, be very impressed with it, deliberate much, and reject it. Well done guys, take the rest of the day off

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Splunk (San Francisco, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

The overall process was straight forward. I had two phone interviews -- one with a Splunk recruiter and another with the hiring manager. Both conversations went well, so I was invited on site for an interview. I met with several people including an architect, designer, product manager and project manager. The team were all very professional and I thought it went well. But a few days later, the recruiter called to tell me that they decided to go with another candidate. Win some, lose some. But overall it was a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• The questions were all relatively straight forward. There were no whiteboard challenges or Google-like puzzles. The interviews felt more conversational than anything.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Splunk (San Jose, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

The initial contact from the recruiter was an email asking to get to know me better. There were about five questions to answer in regards to skill set and one behavioral based question to answer.

The next step was the phone screen. The recruiter asked a few behavioral based interview questions and told me about the position and the person I would be supporting. It was a very informative screening call.

The third step was an onsite interview. Interviews were conducted separately. I met with four people. The questions again were mostly behavioral based which lead to some great conversations.

This was a very positive interview experience. It felt more like a nice back and forth conversation rather than an interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a specific instance when you had to display high integrity and your ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Interview

I interviewed onsite for 2.5 hours with all of the managers and it was nice to see that they all had different styles, but they were all on the same page when it came to expectations. If you have tech sales experience and a basic understanding of what Splunk does, you should feel comfortable with the interview.