Splunk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 7, 2018

2.9

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Splunk (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Onsite, meeting with 4 or 5 people. Few technical questions. I thought the interviews went well, except maybe one. Several weeks later and nobody has gotten back to me or responded to pings. Even if I did poorly I should get a "sorry we've decided to go another direction...". No answer at all? That's on them.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Splunk (San Jose, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

Hard and a very short interview . It was more like a rapid fire round. The questions were little tricky . The call was done in just 15 minutes

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Phone screen interviews. Designated person didn't come to the interview so another replacement person came and he was pretty naive and lost track of his initial question. Algo and data structures

Interview Questions

• How would you maintain a link like wikipedia (a link having multiple references, each reference will have multiple reference ).   1 Answer

Technical Writer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Splunk in November 2017.

Interview

After sending an application I was contacted for a phone interview from someone who did not supply their title, and the message did not come from a work email, but one of those anonymous Jobvites. I responded supplying multiple dates and times I was available to do a phone interview. There was a lengthy delay so many of my times were past by the time I heard back, but we arranged a time for Monday. That meant I gave up part of my weekend to be professional and prepare for the interview and write down my questions. On Monday the call never came, I couldn't reach anyone as mentioned I never got a message from an actual email. Later I received another message from the person who had contacted me which did not include any explanation or apology, just said that 'they needed to reschedule my interview.' Really? Why didn't you contact me BEFORE the interview time to let me know there was a problem on your side, you just kept me waiting for a call. Then you don't think you owe me the courtesy of an apology for blowing me off? Funny how I notice that Splunk has all these negative reviews from people who had the SAME POOR EXPERIENCE. Don't waste your time with these bozos.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Splunk (San Francisco, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

Phone call with hiring manager (non- technical), then technical call with team member. Followed by an onsite interview with 7 team members. Overall process took less than 2 weeks and the offer came in a few days later.

Software Engineer() Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Splunk (Berkeley, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied online after taking to recruiter at a career fair, received a online coding test, then had 3 hour onsite interview in SF. The online coding test was very easy, the onsite did not consist of any coding but I was asked a lot of technical questions about projects including specific technical details, and then some about probability. I was also asked to give a potential solution to a problem with the product. I was interviewed by 5 or 6 employees, some Skyped in, some were there in person. All the interviewers were very friendly.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Splunk in October 2017.

Interview

Recruiter was supposed to call me. First time missed and rescheduled, second time missed again. Had the number wrong in interview request after saying what it was twice so assuming said recruiter dialed the wrong number both times. Ridiculous.

Interview Questions

• What is your phone number and a good time to reach you?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Splunk (San Francisco, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by the technical manager directly in Linkedin and asked me to apply for the position. After few weeks I got a call from a recruiter and attended 3 telephonic interviews (Re-scheduled phone interviews multiple times). I don't see any coordination between interviewer and recruiter because I followed-up with the recruiter that I didn't get a call on the day it is scheduled and then they checked with the interviewer and said he is busy with his work and rescheduled after one week. Can you imagine the person who is waiting for the phone call for an hour? If this happens for one time then it is okay but it had happened for 3 times.

After a lot of email exchanges, finally, they asked me to come for the on-site interview. I have never seen any company conducting 9 back to back technical rounds (10 am - 5 pm). Sounds crazy right (I felt the same). Every interviewer asked about their own expertise where they are strong and at one point I felt like whether these interviewers read my resume or not? I am not happy with the interview process. I thought of leaving the hellhole in middle but I thought it will be very rude to do that. I had very unprofessional interview experience with one senior director. He didn't even see my resume and not sure whether he knew which position I came for. Such an arrogant dottard. Beleive me no one ll have fun to spend their time and prepare for an interview. Everyone does their best to crack an interview. At least please give minimum respect to the interviewed person even if you think he is not fit for the position. It doesn't matter whether you are a senior director or manager but please maintain your dignity and show some empathy towards other individuals.

After 4 weeks of my on-site interview, they sent an email that they are moving forward with other candidates. Honestly, I got 2 other job opportunities in this 4 weeks time and already joined in one company. I really don't want to write this review but just want to share my experience with the Splunk recruiting team so that at least future Splunk aspirants won't suffer like me.

Interview Questions

• Multi-threading questions, tools to measure CPU cycles in Linux, Questions on REST and some troubleshooting questions related to network communication.   Answer Question

Compensation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campbell, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Splunk (Campbell, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

They reached out to me the day after I applied online for an interview. I went through 3 rounds of interviews. The last one was almost a full day. At first the recruiter emailed me to tell me they were still interviewing other candidates. It’s been 4 months. After a month I knew she was stringing me along. She still has not gotten back to if got the job.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Splunk in October 2017.

Interview

Interview Questions

• What is your phone number and a good time to reach you?   Answer Question