Splunk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Splunk Interview Questions

Updated Apr 12, 2018

2.9

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Splunk.

Interview

I was referred by a friend, finally got an interview w/ the regional director. He had me meet him at a local SplunkLive event. Aside of showing up over 1 hour late, he gave me about 4 minutes of time, while standing up the entire time. It seemed he already had a secured candidate in mind. Major waste of time, as I had to take off an entire day of work.

Not once did he respond my follow-up emails or phone calls. The entire thing was unprofessional and a waste of time. I have had 1 other phone interview there over the years, it was an equally terrible experience and I chose not to go forward.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Splunk (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Interviewers were overall friendly and seemed excited about the company. However, one was late and another seemed like he was just going over my resume for the first time. After the on-site interview, I never heard back from them again. Given that all candidates spend a considerable amount of time preparing for each interview and took time off to interview on campus, HR should at least have the common courtesy to update each candidate. Very unprofessional and will not recommend.

Vice President Product Management Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Splunk in March 2018.

Interview

Horrible. First the exec recruiter shows up 14 mins late to the phone screen, doesn't even give me a response. Secondly, people actually defend him that oh he was late. Thats a big pet peeve of mine, we candidates are working our tail off to prepare and all of it if the company doesn't honor our time why should we honor theirs?

Interview Questions

• General Management questions   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Splunk.

Interview

Process moved quickly, which I liked. I was called 1 week after I submitted my resume to chat with a recruiter and a few days after that I came in for an onsite interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Splunk (San Jose, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

I applied online. Got a request for phone interview in about 2 weeks. I scheduled for a phone interview but the recruiting coordinator does not reply for two weeks and then says they have moved on to other candidates. The same recruiter contacts again asking for availability for a phone interview like nothing happened. I again give them dates and they again take their own time and they give me some other dates to which I agree immediately. The phone round is technical and the engineer conducted it quite well with enough patience and hints helping me in the right direction. After the phone round I don't hear back from them for about 4 weeks and I email asking about the status. They schedule the onsite two weeks later.

The onsite had 5 rounds. The first round is with a manager who kind of seem disinterested and showed no enthusiasm. He asked a bit about my background followed by question on C++, REST and asked me to write the algorithm to find intersection node between two linked lists. The next round was a lunch interview which was supposed to be for an hour and 15 mins. The interviewer just has a casual conversation about background and some of the projects I worked on. After lunch the conversation about the projects continued and I was asked to write the complete code to evaluate an infix expression containing *, +,-,/ and in between there were a lot of digressions which I did not like. The third round was with an engineer on video call. They started directly with a technical question. I was asked to code up a producer-consumer where each producer produces one item and consumer consumes one item. Only catch is the synchronization cannot use blocking primitives like semaphores or even condition variables (Lock free programming I guess). The way the engineer behaved was disrespectful and kind of made me uncomfortable. There were a bunch of other questions of which I did not answer most and this interview left a bad taste. I took a five min break before my next interview. The next interview was a data structure design question. It was a design question concerning trees. The interviewer was good and helpful and I did fairly well in this round. The last round was with the hiring manager which was basically overview of the product and answering some of the questions I had.

I finally received the offer two days after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Phone Interview:
      External sorting algorithms. Various approaches to sorting data present on different machines.

Onsite:
      Round1:
      Default function generated in C++, some questions on copy constructor
      What is Idempotency?
      Difference between PUT and POST in REST. When to use one over the other
      Find intersection node in linked list

Round2:
      Evaluate an infix expression. Also had to identify the adapter design pattern to solve one of the issues with the code

Round3:
      Producer-Consumer problem in a non-blocking way
      Issues while transferring data between 32 bit and 64 bit machines
      Some questions on resume projects

Round 4:
      Design a tree which can contain any number of children. Implement create(parentid, childid) and find(nodeid). Constraints: No duplicate key, tree depth cannot exceed certain threshold d   Answer Question

Splunk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Splunk (San Jose, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

I had two technical phone screens followed by an onsite. Onsite consisted of four technical rounds followed by a discussion with the hiring manager. All of the interviewers were nice and friendly. I received an offer the next day, Had to decline because of another offer (was a hard decision). Splunk was very prompt with their responses. Overall a very positive experience.

Video Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Splunk (San Francisco, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

Met with a diverse crew of both potential teammates and internal customers. They were all enthusiastic and devoted to their individual roles, and expressed excitement at continued growth both for themselves, and for Splunk as a whole. I was very impressed.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an intense volume of work from competing requestors?   1 Answer
    • Why Splunk?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Splunk (San Francisco, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

Online test followed by a manager call. This call had more of behavioural and little bit of basic technical question.
    After completing this round successfully a 3 hr slot was asked for 4 technical interviews back to back 45min each.
    Questions were really good and interviewers did help me a lot in solving them. It was a good experience overall but i couldn't crack it :(. It took around 2-3weeks for whole process

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I interviewed at Splunk (San Francisco, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

I am a working professional who took PTO to spend the day at their office, interview was all nice. Bazinga!! I never heard back from them after that, they wont even respond to my e-mails. Glad that I never got into this unprofessional gang.

Interview Questions

• nothing was too difficult t'was all mostly situational.   1 Answer

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Splunk.

Interview

applied online and did very easy oa, soon someone reaches me and scheduled a phone interview, asked basic java and python concepts, introduction of the company, and a easy coding question