Splunk Interview Questions

Updated May 18, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 657 of over 657 interviews

2.9
HardAverageEasy

Featured Interview

Splunk

Application

I interviewed at Splunk

Interview

Solid Interview Process managers always in touch and willing to answer questions.Solid Interview Process managers always in touch and willing to answer questions.Solid Interview Process managers always in touch and willing to answer questions.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about yourself please
    Answer Question
5 people found this interview helpful

Splunk

Application

I interviewed at Splunk

Interview

The interview process starts with a recruiter call, then four rounds total. After the hiring manager's call, there was a take-home excel assignment. The excel assignment was timed. After that, the rest are the remaining 3 interviews

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about Splunk

Join the conversation on

Tech

209.6K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Employer-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=Splunk~117313
Join the conversation on

Splunk

Application

I interviewed at Splunk

Interview

The interview process was quick and to the point- I met with the director and then the manager. Both asked me about my experience and explained the role expectations and current workings of the team. I felt extremely empowered leaving this interview process- where as other companies sometimes leave you guessing on where you stand and take weeks on end to communicate decisions, I knew exactly where I stood and received an offer shortly after.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Splunk

Application

I interviewed at Splunk

Interview

I had to go through long interview process but ended up getting the role. This process now has been stream lined and is a lot quicker. I believe unnecessarily long interview process won't cut in the current environment with shortage of talents in the labour market around the globe

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Splunk

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Splunk in May 2022

Interview

Three rounds 1st (45 min) Several easy leetcode problems (linked list, tree) 2nd (45 min) Go through resume, One easy leetcode problem (array) 3rd (30 min) Go through resume, behavior question, one easy leetcode problem (array) interviewers are friendly, but hr didn't return emails. i' ve been ghosted for several weeks

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Splunk

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Splunk in May 2022

Interview

Software Engineer - Early In Career I applied through referral in March. The recruiter got back to me for a phone screen mid April, I moved on to the final round which consisted of 2 technical screening and 1 behavioural with the hiring manager. These interviews all happened within 3 weeks. The technical questions are standard Leetcode Medium questions, I cannot share due to NDA. Overall, the interviews were good and my interviewers went in depth. Asked about my projects and we did coding exercises using codility.

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Splunk (Jersey City, NJ) in May 2022

Interview

The interview had 3 steps, with 3 people interviewing me on different topics such as my past experiences, my technical prowess and my behaviour. They were scheduled one after the other and it was a great experience overall!

Interview Questions
  • They were keen on understanding my past experiences and how it translates to real world problem solving capabilities.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Splunk (San Francisco, CA) in May 2022

Interview

typical software engineering rouund, email sync with recruiter, then a series of 5-6 code/design hour long interview, all the interviewers were quite nice except the last one. last interview was with director, who was totally rude, and unprofessional, generally people of that category falls into 0.01% in the IT sector. It was even difficult to talk to him, forget about working with him. He claimed to be owing 4-5 teams, had shallow attitude and disrespectful ( last and the least, it was the worst interview experience, i left interview midway ). It is difficult to fathom how one person behaviour could overshadow the genuiness of 6 great interviewers and a great company.

Interview Questions
  • algos, coding, data structure, system design, process/thread, cloud

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Splunk (Raleigh, NC) in May 2022

Interview

All the recruiters and technical interviewers are very friendly. I have talked to 6 technical interviewers, and feel they all great tea m members. Overall experience is very positive, except the 3 week gap (seems to be long) between the first interview and panel interview.

Interview Questions
  • I was to write a program to return the fibonacci number given an index
  • Add a node into a circular, ordered linked list

Splunk

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Splunk

Interview

Process took about 3-4 weeks. Recruiter reached out through email, screen call, zoom interview with senior/would be supervisor. Moved on to a series 5 interviews total. 2 were rescheduled. Hiring manager said it’d be longer than a week because they were interviewing still… fair. Recruiter emails me saying they’ll have an answer in the following week. To this day nothing. Ghosted by recruiters and hiring manager.

Interview Questions
  • Why us? What do we do? Our clients? Typical experiences questions/tell me about

Splunk

Application

I interviewed at Splunk

Interview

Series of 4-5 interviews with a Panel interview at the end. Each interview was asked a few question by the person based on their role Sales/Technical etc. Overall was a good experience.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 657 Interviews

Splunk Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Splunk as 38.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.84 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Senior Software Engineer and Principal Software Engineer rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Software Engineer and Software Engineer(Internship) roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Splunk takes an average of 29 days when considering 529 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Senior Software Engineer had the quickest hiring process (on average 14 days), whereas Sales Engineer roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 41 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Splunk according to 529 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 37.36%