Splunk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Splunk Interview Questions

Updated Oct 18, 2018

2.9

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Splunk.

Interview

Process moved quickly, which I liked. I was called 1 week after I submitted my resume to chat with a recruiter and a few days after that I came in for an onsite interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Splunk in November 2014.

Interview

I got a referral from a friend for a Software Engineering position on the client platform team (front-end). I got an call from the engineering director first where he pretty much just explained to me the breakdown of the company and what it does. I think because of my past experience and the referral, I got a onsite directly after that call, which I scheduled a month later so I can prepare for it.
    The onsite experience was pretty great overall. I had 4 hour long interviews and a lunch with the engineering director for the team I am interviewing for. The interviewers were all super nice. They definitely did not try to ask trick questions or anything unreasonable. All of the questions they asked were very important concepts for JavaScript (I recommend reading a couple JavaScript books before interviewing for front-end positions, it helped a lot). So I was able to solve the problems for each of the interviews and had time to asked the interviewers questions about themselves and the company. Overall the conversation went really well. Definitely be yourself during those conversation. Tell them what your passions are, what your ultimate career goal is...

Interview Questions

• Can't talk about specific questions because of the NDA. But like I said, read JavaScript books (javascript The Good Parts is a good start). Concepts like closure, scopes, callback functions... will be tested in any front-end interviews.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Have not accept the offer yet but I am leaning heavy toward it. Compensation is very competitive.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Splunk in April 2014.

Interview

I had a phone interview. The recruiter asked about some conceptual questions on Java and Python. He asked some general questions and then tell me to do a coding question next day. The question asked me to sort a log based on the date using two languages. It was not hard.

Interview Questions

• The coding question is a little tricky, since they do not give you any limits.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Splunk in October 2014.

Interview

There were two telephonic interviews in which they asked simple coding questions. Then there was on-site. There were 5 rounds of interviews
    Round1: Implement CPP functionalites in C
    Round2: Implement AVL tree
    Round3: Lunch and then they gave a socket program, asked me to add enhancements to it. Lunch round was nice. My interviewer was very friendly.
    Round4: Merge two sorted arrays and put the result in array1. Print a binary tree, each level in a new line
    Round5: With manager. Why splunk? What offer you have and which will you choose and why? How do you debug following things? Memory leaks, deadlocks, high cpu usage, etc. in a very big complex system where printing logs etc is not feasible

Work culture was awesome. All preparations for the interview were excellent.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Good interview, the interviewing team was quite friendly, good questions asked, they let me know the next day that wouldn't be making an offer. Though, I had performed decently, that was expected since I just had 2 years of experience and a Master's degree for a role requiring 5 years of experience. I knew the work culture from a friend who had interned there before and he told me that they are very particular about the quality of their code (since they just have this one big data product.). The interview mostly involved coding questions which you have to solve on the whiteboard.

Interview Questions

• Practice coding questions and make sure you get it right in the very first attempt.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Typical bay area software engineer interview process involving nearly 10 interviewers with 5 or 6 rounds of interviews. Interview is based on algorithms & data structures, systems & multi threading.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Interview

Interviewed by four or five individuals. Moderate chit chat and discussion of background, interests, problem-solving techniques. Was highly impressed with consideration and politeness of interviewers. The company needs better communication between recruiters and interviewers.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Splunk in September 2013.

Interview

Applied for front end engineer, contacted by the HR within 2 weeks of application, and scheduled for an interview days later.

Interview Questions

• The questions are not hard. Asked about previous projects, basic JAVA concepts, and questions regarding Javascript.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Splunk (San Francisco, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

Splunk people are not organised.They dont know what they need from candidate.
    Eventhough they knew that i did not have the skills they were looking for they called me for personal interview and wasted my 1 full day.
    Beware of it and make sure your skillset matches before going for an interview.
    Otherwise you will waste your time.....

Interview Questions

• Sorting algorithms,Performace,scalability,Unix and Linux   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Splunk.

Interview

Applied for the position through LinkedIn, within a week an HR contacted me about the opportunity. For the following week I had two technical phone interviews with the technical members in the team. I cleared both the interviews and was called for a day long onsite interview.

The onsite interview process was pretty smooth. Mostly open ended questions like how would you design a search tool and some question about debugging skills.

Interview Questions

• The questions were bit tricky, like the open ended ones when there is no right and wrong answer.   1 Answer