Splunk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 12, 2018

2.9

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Splunk (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Fairly disorganized. My initial phone screen had to be rescheduled after they missed the first time slot and that process took weeks. After the on-site I got a verbal offer from them and asked if I had other offers and I told them I had a verbal offer from one more place. They then stalled on giving a written offer saying they wanted to know how much my other offer was for first. When I finally did get numbers for both offers, Splunk's was lower and didn't include a starting bonus. I asked if they would match my other offer and they said they would match the salary. When I asked if the starting bonus would also be able to be matched the recruiter said she would check on it. I then get a call the next day saying they're retracting my offer because I'm "to focused on the money and not enough on the opportunity"

Interview Questions

• Basic git procedures   Answer Question
    • Lots of fairly specific python syntax and operational questions. This part was pretty fun since the interviewer clearly knew a lot about python and the problems were fairly unique. He was fine with me but knowing everything up front with them.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Splunk (New York, NY).

Interview

Had an internal referral so got tot top of list. Recruiter scheduled then canceled and rescheduled initial call. Sent me a list of questions that I responded to in writing VERY thoroughly. Recruiter was late for call then started asking me questions that I'd already answered. I thought maybe she didn't have my answers but she would intermittently reference them so I know she had them.

She seemed incredibly preoccupied and honestly seemed like she was doing about six other things and had no desire to be on on call.

She was constantly mixing up my experiences laid out in the resume, asking questions about roles that I never had. Truly bizarre call that she absolutely was NOT prepared for.

No call back as promised until multiple emails from me where I was told I was no longer being considered. Given that my experience was virtually identical to their requirements I was shocked I didn't make it past this young lady. I'm confident it was a poor interview and her lack of professionalism negatively impacted my prospects.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Splunk.

Interview

The interview process was an enjoyable experience. The questions were relevant to the position. This was one of the less stressful interviews I've ever done. I interviewed with a gentleman named Gary who did seem to repeat my answers back to me but nothing too terrible.

Senior Program Mgt Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Splunk (San Francisco, CA) in May 2018.

Interview

2 phone interviews were conducted with onsite interviews with approximately 6 people. Generally, it flowed except for one combative interviewer who refused to talk. This was the strange twist.
      This interview was a waste of time. The panel interviewers were all professional except for this one interviewer in IT - PMO who was technical and did not like the role and started to sabotage the interview process and team progression by not speaking in the interview.
     He froze and could not communicate nor did he look at me in the interview. Very strange. When I asked if he worked with this team he indicated "I don't know". When I asked about his own team. He said, "I don't know". Everything was "I don't know". He was protesting the interview.
    That was a sign of organizational dysfunction and conflict in their team structure.
    A big red flag. A waste of time.

Full Stack Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Splunk.

Interview

The interview was very nice. I didn't really know how to solve the problem, but he was still being pretty patient. I wasn't able to move forward because I actually didn't know the stuff. I would still call it a positive experience overall. Great practice for me!

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Splunk.

Interview

I was referred by a friend, finally got an interview w/ the regional director. He had me meet him at a local SplunkLive event. Aside of showing up over 1 hour late, he gave me about 4 minutes of time, while standing up the entire time. It seemed he already had a secured candidate in mind. Major waste of time, as I had to take off an entire day of work.

Not once did he respond my follow-up emails or phone calls. The entire thing was unprofessional and a waste of time. I have had 1 other phone interview there over the years, it was an equally terrible experience and I chose not to go forward.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Splunk (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Interviewers were overall friendly and seemed excited about the company. However, one was late and another seemed like he was just going over my resume for the first time. After the on-site interview, I never heard back from them again. Given that all candidates spend a considerable amount of time preparing for each interview and took time off to interview on campus, HR should at least have the common courtesy to update each candidate. Very unprofessional and will not recommend.

Software Engineer - Full-Stack Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Splunk (San Jose, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

Got an email from a recruiter to give availability for a phone interview. She set the call with hiring manager. Asked a lot of questions about projects, past experiences. Dug deep and asked more questions to check knowledge. The interviewer was good, switched topic when unable to answer.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Splunk (San Francisco, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

it has one phone screen which is very easy just ask about java basic. It is 4 rounds onsite
    algorithm most (recursion, linkedlist, Trie), take out lunch
    one oop design and synchronization problem

Interview Questions

• search prefix word in a list of words.
      design class for supervisor and employee and how they assign job   Answer Question

Vice President Product Management Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Splunk in March 2018.

Interview

Horrible. First the exec recruiter shows up 14 mins late to the phone screen, doesn't even give me a response. Secondly, people actually defend him that oh he was late. Thats a big pet peeve of mine, we candidates are working our tail off to prepare and all of it if the company doesn't honor our time why should we honor theirs?

Interview Questions

• General Management questions   1 Answer