Stein Mart Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Stein Mart Interview Questions

Updated Dec 22, 2017

1.8

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stein Mart.

Interview

Very fast and easy. You will interview with the DM and RM. They ask basic interview questions about your current and past experiences. Dress professional for the interview and just be yourself and honest.

Interview Questions

• - If your store was struggling in making its goals what would you do to turn that around?
      - How would your former employees describe you?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stein Mart.

Interview

The store manager asked me about my availability and when I could start, then proceeded to talk non-stop. This was the most uncomfortable interview I have ever experienced. I practically ran out of the store - I couldn't leave fast enough.

Interview Questions

• This isn't a question, but the interviewer made some extremely inappropriate and offensive comments.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Stein Mart in August 2017.

Interview

It was really brief and I thought they were going to hire me but then the said they would give me a call back first again . It sucked all in all. Thanks

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Stein Mart.

Interview

Very easy. Walked in and asked if they needed part time help. They gave me an application to fill out, I did so and took it back in. The manager asked me some questions and I received an offer letter later that day.

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Canton, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stein Mart (Canton, OH) in July 2017.

Interview

typical questions. was asked previous exp, was I willing to work weekends.have I ever worked in a stock room. do I know how to use a computer. and what did I think of the store when I walked in.

Interview Questions

• past history of employers, and where you want to go with this position.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

I completed the application packet, walked into the store expecting for it to take a while to even hear back from them, but the store manager brought me in back and hired me on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Stein Mart (College Station, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

As a student looking for a part-time job, I applied to Stein Mart. It was a simple interview process where you come into the store and have your interview. Overall, since most employees are students, they want to know that you aren't the type that will call out a lot and that you work well with others.

Merchandising Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Stein Mart (Columbia, SC).

Interview

The interview was ok. Not that hard at. The store manager and assistant did the interview process together . They asked really good questions. But nothing that difficult to answer. Very nice people.

Anonymous Employee in Vero Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stein Mart (Vero Beach, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

Online the next day got a call to come in I spoke with the general manager after a few days she called me back to come and speak with the head manager she said I was a great get sadly tho I had to turn it down due to school

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Stein Mart.

Interview

The interview process was pretty easy. The questions were not difficult at all. I was disappointed in the fact that I drove 2 hours for the interview and they ended up offering me a Sales Associate position.