Stein Mart Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Stein Mart Interview Questions

Updated Apr 18, 2017

1.8

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Stein Mart (Columbia, SC).

Interview

The interview was ok. Not that hard at. The store manager and assistant did the interview process together . They asked really good questions. But nothing that difficult to answer. Very nice people.

Anonymous Employee in Vero Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stein Mart (Vero Beach, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

Online the next day got a call to come in I spoke with the general manager after a few days she called me back to come and speak with the head manager she said I was a great get sadly tho I had to turn it down due to school

Merchandising Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Stein Mart.

Interview

The interview process was pretty easy. The questions were not difficult at all. I was disappointed in the fact that I drove 2 hours for the interview and they ended up offering me a Sales Associate position.

Anonymous Employee in Peachtree, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stein Mart (Peachtree, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

Took questions from store manager and assistant manager. It lasted almost an hour. They first wanted me to tell them about myself. They asked about my experience at my other retail jobs.Then asked questions about the duties I would be performing as merchandising manager at Steinmart. Salary was discussed at the end.

Interview Questions

• What frustrates you about retail?   1 Answer
    • Are you comfortable dealing with employees who need to be reprimanded?   1 Answer
    • Are you okay going up and down steps, ladders, and other physical duties constantly?   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Destin, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Stein Mart (Destin, FL).

Interview

I interviewed with the store manager who told me that she can not do the interview for the position in which I was applying and the district manager would have to interview me and informed me that he was out of the state interviewing someone else for the same position. The manager tried to get me to take a merchandise manager position instead of the assistant position for a significant pay decrease. Had to wait a month to talk to the DM who then had me wait another 2 weeks for my background check to come back. It was a very long process.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stein Mart (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online was called and scheduled for interview within a week. One on one interview lasted about an hour. Nothing difficult read up on the company and know your business.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Stein Mart.

Interview

They asked my availability, and when I can start. He basically just described his rules for the store and asked if I can come in on time and that's about it. It was the easiest interview I've ever had. He said okay you start tomorrow. I literally got the job right then and there and just walked in and he took me to the back immediately.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I said I'm looking for an $8 hour job and he said he'll start me at $9

Data Entry Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stein Mart.

Interview

They call to make appointment and go to interview and got hire in the spot. They do have wonderful medical, Dental, vision also they have retirement Benefits. They also test all of us to take the test for accuracy on Data Entry, alpha/numeral filing, and process pay roll, copy, A/R, A/P

Department Leader Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Stein Mart in August 2016.

Interview

Short. Took one week. Easy and relaxed. Walked in and asked for a job basically. Made interview for following week with general manager. Very personable talked a lot about other topics as well as the job.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Stein Mart in July 2016.

Interview

Very easy and relaxed experience. Asked basic questions, not too much about the job. He made sure that I understood that ALL employees do ALL jobs. Meaning that you would be cleaning bathrooms as much as selling the store's credit card at the counter.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company?   1 Answer
    • Can you sell the credit card?   1 Answer