Superdrug Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Superdrug Interview Questions

Interviews at Superdrug

2.5

Analyst Interview

Interview

VERY FAST PROCESS. Very easy interview. The successful candidates likely don't realise how hard it is to get a similar role - far more rigorous testing and experience required.

1) Applied online
    2) Video interview
    3) Assessment (half) day - group task, individual interview, maths test, presentation.
    4) Successful candidates contacted 1.5 days later.

1) Very simple
    2) 5 questions
    3) Very fun. Honestly I must say this has been one of the best companies I have dealt with in the UK. The department staff were lovely and realistic - they didn't ask stupid questions and recognised some of the maths test was actually quite demanding considering the role.

The HR person seemed a bit....unkind? The way she spoke about rejected candidates, how she was proud and found it hilarious when people gave poor answers and she rejected them - actually laughing out loud about it. I would be shocked if she didn't lie about candidates behaviour to the department staff simply because she didn't like them for whatever reason despite never having to speak with them once they started working there. She did not present the company well in person.

This was a job I was genuinely sad I didn't get. I wish the chosen candidates the best of luck as it seemed like a wonderful environment and very supportive team.

Interview Questions

• Talk me through your experience   1 Answer

Assistant Interview

Interview

I was asked to stay on the shop floor for the first half of the interview. This was to see how I interacted with the customers. This lasted for about 10 minutes. They look for you to let the customers know of you're presence (to minimize shop lifting).

Interview Questions

• How can you minimize shop lifting?   1 Answer

Buyer Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Superdrug.

Interview

Applied for a role online and got a call from HR who said they liked my cv and experience. We discussed salary and it was much lower than I was looking for however they said more senior roles were coming up. Chased up over phone and email and after about 5 more emails and another month we progressed to the video application stage. After I completed that waited weeks for any feedback. Then they called saying they definitely wanted to interview me and would I spend 3 hours filling in numerical and verbal reasoning tests online. Completed this stage and again waited weeks for feedback, however I was assured they were sorting out interview times. Then went completely dead, no response to any emails. After another 3 weeks emailed saying they wanted candidates with FMCG experience and I wouldn't be getting an interview. Didn't even have the decency to call me to explain the situation. I dread to think how they treat their staff if this is how they treat interviewees.

Interview Questions

• On video application asked what's your favourite Superdrug product and why?   1 Answer

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Croydon, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Superdrug (Croydon, England (UK)).

Interview

Very basic. You could see both Hr and the member from the buying team following a standard list of questions. Member from buying team asked most of the questions. Both interviewers seemed new to the interview process. It wasn't a difficult interview.

Interview Questions

• Actually asked, where do you see yourself in 5 years? Most questions were straight out of an hr text book.   Answer Question

Superdrug Response

Mar 24, 2016 – Senior Resourcing Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.
    We really value your feedback around the interview being standardised, so thank you for sharing and bringing it to our attention. Whilst we want... More

Marketing Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Croydon, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Superdrug (Croydon, England (UK)).

Interview

They emailed me telling me that i had to do a webcam interview as the first stage of the interview process. I waited for over a week and the link to do the interview never came through, i had to email in the end to prompt the to send it. They finally sent it and i did the interview and never heard back from them for 3 weeks +. In the end i had to email them asking for an update only to be told they hired internally.

I am guessing thats the reason they couldn't be bothered to send anything out. If you already know who you want to hire don't waste other peoples time.

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Shields, England (UK)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Superdrug (South Shields, England (UK)) in August 2018.

Interview

Applied via their website and got a phone call to arrange interview. Interview took about 2 hours! Two parts of interview, first part was to note down any changes you would make to the store (tidyness, more promo stuff in windows etc), starting from standing at the shop front. That took about an hour and then a regular face to face interview with questions which the manager would write your answers down.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a dispute within your colleagues?   Answer Question
    • If someone was getting frustrated and upset how would you deal with the situation?   Answer Question
    • How would you make work more fun, especially if there are quieter times in the day   Answer Question

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Superdrug (London, England (UK)) in November 2018.

Interview

The application process was very quick, I heard from the recruiter at head office a couple days after submitting my application!

The interview process was not as good as the application process. I was sent an email from the recruiter asking me to come at a specific time, and when I arrived the store manager told me to come half an hour later which was annoying because I was meant to have an interview the week before but it was rescheduled due to the store manager. He basically took me to an office and asked me competency based questions and spoke to me about my retail experience. During the interview he was very patronising probing about why I wanted to change jobs after working in my current one for so long, and if I had any knowledge in cosmetics which was very important to him because that's what Superdrug's main revenue comes from. Even though I said I was willing to learn he shrugged it off. He also asked me "If I would feel comfortable working in a multicultural environment?" bearing in mind that I'm black I thought that question was extremely rude and off seeing as I'm am ethnic minority in the UK, I also noticed that the majority of the staff working in that branch were of the same ethnic background of the manager and it just hinted racism to be honest. I really disliked the manager and his attitude, and felt mis advertised regarding the job because it was 25-30hrs but said he could offer me 24 which was very dodgy. In all honesty I knew straight away I didn't want the job and would have walked out. After the interview he gave me a piece of paper that he described as "floor work" telling me how I would rearrange the shop and what I would improve on. After that he explained he had a few more people to interview the next day and I would know the outcome the day after. I waited 2 weeks to receive a rejection email which was very unprofessional and lazy of them bearing in mind how much time and effort I spent attending.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to drive your team to reach a target?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Superdrug (Portsmouth, South East England, England (UK)) in December 2015.

Interview

Initial Telephone screening with HR asking competency questions.
    A couple of weeks later I had a Face to face informal interview with the area manager getting to know me as a person

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I got a call from HR a couple of hours after my interview with the area manager offering me a store manager role rather than assistant. No need to negotiate as the salary was generous.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Liverpool, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Superdrug (Liverpool, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got a call from a talent aquistion manager. Asked me some questions on my experience and said she would arrange an interview with the store manager. Had interview with store manager.
    Was then called back for an interview with area manager.
    Offered a store manager position.
    Start in April.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time I have had to drive and increase sales and how I did it   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Superdrug in November 2018.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted next day, did a video interview the following week (due to time restraints I had to do it on my phone using mobile network - I advise anyone to get on a strong wifi and computer as the upload times meant it took over 1 hour to complete) and I think interviewed the week after, very fast process compared to others. The recruiter was very friendly, professional and communicated relentlessly. Interviewed in store, I was asked to prepare a SWOT and answers to some questions but the interviewer was not aware of that so that was a pointless exercise. Interviewer was the area manager who I was informed by the recruiter was really friendly although I found her cold, distant and hard to talk to. Took less than 1 hour to ask a variety of competency based questions and despite having done many of these myself from both sides of the table I found it hard to figure what behaviours she was looking for so in the end I just waffled about things I have done which had little to do with Superdrug. After I was told I'd be informed within 2 weeks which then went on another week but at least they had the decency to follow up and tell me in person I had not been successful - reason given was an internal candidate was offered the position which sounded like a mug off to me and when pressed the recruiter couldn't be critical at all so I suspect I was not a good culture fit.