Superdrug Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 10, 2017

2.5

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Superdrug (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I was asked to stand near the front of the store and engage customers to try and buy the star buy products.

After this, I was taken to the office to have an interview with the store manager. She also asked about how I found the experience and how many star buys I sold if any.

Interview Questions

• How can we save money?
      Describe yourself in 3 or 4 words
      Give me an example of a time you provided great customer service   Answer Question

Sales Advisor Expert Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Superdrug (London, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got a call the next day to schedule an interview. The dress code was all black. When I went in they had me wait for a while (close to an hour) because someone was late and they were behind. When I was called in there were two people there but it was a relaxed atmosphere as one person asked the questions and the other person was the store manager (which I didn't know then). The questions were what I expected, nothing that threw me off and when I did get a little confused the interviewer helped me out. We didn't do the practical exercise that I had heard before about going onto the shop floor it was just the first section, I imagine this was because they were behind. They said they would let me know that day which they did, I was called about an hour after I left and offered the job which I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time someone had a query.   Answer Question
    • How would you approach a customer?   Answer Question
    • Which add-ons would you try to sell if a customer wanted to buy toothpaste?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you received bad customer service and what would you do differently.   Answer Question

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Accrington, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Superdrug (Accrington, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview was split into two parts, the first half I was taken into the back of the store and ask a series of questions, it felt more like a formal conversation. The woman was really friendly and the interview was relaxed. The second half I was given the stores star buy item (this happened to be a perfume) and I had to go round the store and stand at the entrance and offer samples to try and get customers to buy it.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you used your common sense   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you worked as a team. What were the advantages and disadvantages? What did you enjoy most about it?   Answer Question
    • What products would you try and sell to a customer if they were interested in buying:
      Fake tan
      Toothpaste   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you had bad customer service. Did you go back to the shop? What would you do differently if it was you?   Answer Question

Sales Advisor Interview

Interview

Very easy interview. Interviewers were very friendly made my feel relaxed. There was a number of set questions. There also was a shopfloor exercise where i noted down observations within the store. The whole interview took about 20-30 mins. I applied online and heard back for interview about 3-4 weeks after I had applied online.

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Superdrug (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

During the interview I was made to feel so comfortable and welcome by all staff members. The manager interviewing me ran through the process of the interview with me, she made the interview feel more like a conversation than just me and wrong questions. I was then taken on the shop floor for 10-15 minutes where I was told to approach customers and help them with anything needed. I had originally applied for a customer service job, so I would be on the tills all day and that would be my whole job, the next day I received a phone call and was told that their was a beauty consultant job on the cosmetics isle which was available, but they had not started interviewing for it yet. Long story short, I was offered this job also and accepted! 😊

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norwich, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Superdrug (Norwich, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

Sat down 1-on-1 with a supervisor who asked roughly 10 questions, which was a very calm and relaxed chat. Then proceeded on have a trial on shop floor handing out superdrug health and beauty cards.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you went the extra mile to help a customer.   1 Answer
    • How would you describe yourself?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Liverpool, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Superdrug (Liverpool, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got a call from a talent aquistion manager. Asked me some questions on my experience and said she would arrange an interview with the store manager. Had interview with store manager.
    Was then called back for an interview with area manager.
    Offered a store manager position.
    Start in April.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time I have had to drive and increase sales and how I did it   1 Answer

Buyer Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Superdrug.

Interview

Applied for a role online and got a call from HR who said they liked my cv and experience. We discussed salary and it was much lower than I was looking for however they said more senior roles were coming up. Chased up over phone and email and after about 5 more emails and another month we progressed to the video application stage. After I completed that waited weeks for any feedback. Then they called saying they definitely wanted to interview me and would I spend 3 hours filling in numerical and verbal reasoning tests online. Completed this stage and again waited weeks for feedback, however I was assured they were sorting out interview times. Then went completely dead, no response to any emails. After another 3 weeks emailed saying they wanted candidates with FMCG experience and I wouldn't be getting an interview. Didn't even have the decency to call me to explain the situation. I dread to think how they treat their staff if this is how they treat interviewees.

Interview Questions

• On video application asked what's your favourite Superdrug product and why?   Answer Question

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norwich, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Superdrug (Norwich, England (UK)).

Interview

Applied online then invited for interview roughly 3 days later. Firstly I had to approach customers on shop floor and sell perfume samples and then the manager asked me multiple interview questions. Was called the next day and was offered the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Manager was quite pushy about wanting me to do overtime.

Customer Advisor Interview

Interview

I was invited for an interviiew, but was unable to book it as their website didnt work. So, I went into the store and they didn't do anything. When I was applying for a job they asked few questions about how would you deal with customers at a specific situation.

Interview Questions

• When I was applying for a job they asked few questions about how would you deal with customers at a specific situation.   Answer Question