Sylvan Learning Centers Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sylvan Learning Centers Interview Questions

Interviews at Sylvan Learning Centers

2.2

Math Tutor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sylvan Learning Centers.

Interview

I was brought in and asked basic interview questions specifically about my credentials. They proceeded to ask about what grade levels I was comfortable and other preferences. It was a very easy interview

Tutor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sylvan Learning Centers.

Interview

Role played teacher and student scenarios.
    Asked simple personality questions and interest in teaching.
    Wasn’t incredibly lengthy because at the time they were trying to fill up positions for the term.
    Had to take a subject test targeted towards the age group and material you were interested in teaching.

Interview Questions

• How would you teach a prompt with historical dates in a way that a student could understand?   1 Answer

Writing Teacher Interview

Interview

Quick and easy walk in. The woman was nice and straight forward with the questions and what she excepted out of the teachers she hired. Was hired on the spot

Interview Questions

• Explain a difficult time you’ve had with a student and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Curriculum Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sylvan Learning Centers (Austin, TX) in November 2019.

Interview

The boss that was supposed to hire me was thirty minutes late, and at the end he offered me a Center director position, before giving me 4 hours of training and then leaving. My new hire paperwork took three weeks to get after I had started before I could even fill it out.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sylvan Learning Centers (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Upon completing an application, a meeting was scheduled with the Director, who reviewed my resume for desired skills relevant to the job description.

Afterwards, I was asked to present standardized test scores (Praxis) and State Teaching credentials.

Interview Questions

• To provide standardized test scores as proof of competency.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Everett, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sylvan Learning Centers (Everett, WA) in December 2018.

Interview

Online application followed by a single interview with the location's principal. Hired on the spot, rushed through training, and was teaching on my own in about a week. I won't lie, it felt good to get this job so quickly.

Interview Questions

• What is your previous experience working with children?   Answer Question

Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sylvan Learning Centers (San Francisco, CA) in August 2018.

Interview

A very casual conversation about education and teaching and if I vould make a one year committment. It did not feel like an interview at all, but a lunch convrrsation amongst educators. They were concerned about how long I could commit to the job.

Interview Questions

• How would I deal with a difficult child?   1 Answer

Tutor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sylvan Learning Centers.

Interview

They had me come in within the week and start filling out paperwork without an actual interview. They didn’t screen me except for checking that I had a current teaching license.

Interview Questions

• What are your teaching specialties?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sylvan Learning Centers.

Interview

I had multiple meetings with the owner, the owner's wife and the owner's son. We had dinner twice and they invited my spouse to join us once. I was brought in to meet the staff during the hiring process as well.

Interview Questions

• The normal interview questions like: Where do you see yourself in 5 years? They talked about themselves alot!!!! They talk about how they are Christians and what great people they are and how much they do for the community. They will also show several videos of families that have participated in the program. It is almost like you are being "sold" on the job.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sylvan Learning Centers (New York, NY) in April 2018.

Interview

I sent my resume on the weekend and got a call to come in two days later. The interview was pretty straight forward and I was asked about my experience and what I would be comfortable teaching. Spoke about future programs and how hours are set.