KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Tableau Software Software Engineer Test Engineering Interview Questions

Updated May 18, 2015

To filter interviews, or .
Found 6 of over 546 interviews

Recruiter33%
Applied online17%
HardAverageEasy

Tableau Software

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tableau Software in Apr 2015

Interview

Initial phone call with HR ( resume, background,skills etc) First interview was with the Senior software engineer , He asked me an average programming question and we discussed the algorithm's complexity and other optimizations. I was also asked to come up with test cases. This interview went well and after that I got an invite for an onsite interview. The onsite interview was very well organized. I met with recruiter Laura here and she walked me through the whole process. There were 3 interviews in total. The first interview had 3 engineers come in ( one of them was based out of Seattle, so his part of virtual). I was asked to do white boarding on BST ( traversals) etc The second interview was about system design. It was pretty hard and I had to come up with various approaches for efficient system design. The last interview was more informal with the product testing manager. He was friendly and asked me relatively non-technical questions ( mostly on my background). Finally , met with the HR at the end of the day and she said they will get back. Its more than 2 weeks and I haven't heard from the HR.

Interview Questions
  • binary trees,binary search trees
    1 Answer
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Tableau Software (Palo Alto, CA)

Interview

Applied through a recruiter. Its a mini Microsoft company. All my interviewer are ex Microsoft. There was one telephonic and three onsite interview. Interview experience is very positive and everyone were very helpful. I sent email twice to recruiter to know about the onsite interview feedback, but haven't heard back anything. Please do respect the time each candidate is giving towards interviewing and every candidate deserve to know the outcome.

Interview Questions
  • If you good at algorithm/data structure you can crack it.
2 people found this interview helpful