Target Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 22, 2017

3.1

108 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

it was a behavioral interview. You knew with in the next week if you were chosen or not to go to the next round. Interviews were on campus usually the day after career fair.

Interview Questions

• if you were in a certain position, how would you handle it in a certain way?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

There were 3 rounds in total: the first round consisted of a phone screening by the recruiter, the next round was with the STL, and the last round was with an HRBP.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Washington, DC) in March 2017.

Interview

I spoke with them at my school's career fair. They asked me a couple of questions then set me up for an interview. The interview first asked me basic questions about me and then asked about experiences in particular situations.

Interview Questions

• Why Target?
      Tell us about a time you had to solve a problem in a way that was not obvious at first?
      Tell us about a customer service experience? How did you help them? What was the outcome?
      Tell us about a time you proactively completed a task without being asked?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elmhurst, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Target (Elmhurst, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

fast, could have gone better, the days waiting were pretty short, didn't have to do many phone calls, while other place required maybe 9-10 interviews. The interviewing process was polite short and didn't include too many questions

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Target in March 2017.

Interview

The recruiter I worked with was incredibly friendly and I meet her before my interview at a career fair which made the process a lot more comfortable. Interview was more intense than I expected, all behavior based and they make a lot of marks/comments when you are talking. Told me I could take a second if I needed to answer a question but did make a small mark on her paper when I did. Overall great conversation though and the interview flowed well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Target (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview was based on situational experience questions. There were only three questions. The interview was very fast, so the interviewer could fit two interview in one time slot.

Interview Questions

• Describe a group project experience   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Falls, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Cedar Falls, IA).

Interview

I applied online and then spoke with a human resources representative. on deciding a time for a phone interview over email. I prepared for awhile, getting all the interview questions down. But when it was time for the phone interview I was told that the position was already taken and was then asked if I could relocate over an hour away.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation when you were working with others and made a decision that turned out to be wrong?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisonburg, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Target (Harrisonburg, VA) in March 2016.

Interview

General questions, such as what was your hardest time and how did you overcome it? or How did you use your leverage in previous working place? Seems like they ask same questions to everyone and select anyone most fitting. I don't think they are considering interns as real employees

Interview Questions

• what was your hardest time and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Target (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

1 behavioral interview, phone screen, they were pretty standard interview questions. not anything too different. really recommend knowing your resume and your backgrounds. practice general interview questions. look your best and be genuine and humble. culture really seemed to value those qualities.

Interview Questions

• walk me through your resume   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Target in February 2016.

Interview

I met recruiters at my university's career fair and applied online through my university. About two weeks later I was notified that I had been selected to interview for the internship in weeks. I was asked to complete 3 tests online (Reasoning, Personality, Situational) before the interview. The day before the interview there was a meet and greet where you got to meet the recruiters and others interviewing. This was more to help you relax and have any questions answered about the internship, the company, and the interview. The next day I had an interview with a director of the department I applied for (Business Analyst Intern - Merchandise Planning). Nothing too hard, all behavioral and 1 business situation question so practice, practice, practice. I personally don't think I killed the interview, but I connected with the recruiter, asked good meaningful questions (VERY IMPORTANT), and answered the most important ones like 'Why Target?' and 'Tell me about yourself." very well. My advice is to make sure to show them your personality and not sound like a robot with rehearsed answers, show them that you really want to work for Target, and most important SMILE. The following week I got my offer. No pay negotiations.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about yourself.
      2. Why Target?
      3. Tell me about a time you made a great impact.
      4. Tell me about a time you worked in a team.
      5. Tell me about a time you stepped back and let someone else take the lead.
      6. Tell me about a time when you had to analyze a large amount of data/information and draw conclusions from it.
      7. What is your favorite department and brand at Target?   Answer Question