Target Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Target Intern Interview Questions

Updated Oct 17, 2016

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Target (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview was based on situational experience questions. There were only three questions. The interview was very fast, so the interviewer could fit two interview in one time slot.

Interview Questions

• Describe a group project experience   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Falls, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Cedar Falls, IA).

Interview

I applied online and then spoke with a human resources representative. on deciding a time for a phone interview over email. I prepared for awhile, getting all the interview questions down. But when it was time for the phone interview I was told that the position was already taken and was then asked if I could relocate over an hour away.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation when you were working with others and made a decision that turned out to be wrong?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Target (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

1 behavioral interview, phone screen, they were pretty standard interview questions. not anything too different. really recommend knowing your resume and your backgrounds. practice general interview questions. look your best and be genuine and humble. culture really seemed to value those qualities.

Interview Questions

• walk me through your resume   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Target in February 2016.

Interview

I met recruiters at my university's career fair and applied online through my university. About two weeks later I was notified that I had been selected to interview for the internship in weeks. I was asked to complete 3 tests online (Reasoning, Personality, Situational) before the interview. The day before the interview there was a meet and greet where you got to meet the recruiters and others interviewing. This was more to help you relax and have any questions answered about the internship, the company, and the interview. The next day I had an interview with a director of the department I applied for (Business Analyst Intern - Merchandise Planning). Nothing too hard, all behavioral and 1 business situation question so practice, practice, practice. I personally don't think I killed the interview, but I connected with the recruiter, asked good meaningful questions (VERY IMPORTANT), and answered the most important ones like 'Why Target?' and 'Tell me about yourself." very well. My advice is to make sure to show them your personality and not sound like a robot with rehearsed answers, show them that you really want to work for Target, and most important SMILE. The following week I got my offer. No pay negotiations.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about yourself.
      2. Why Target?
      3. Tell me about a time you made a great impact.
      4. Tell me about a time you worked in a team.
      5. Tell me about a time you stepped back and let someone else take the lead.
      6. Tell me about a time when you had to analyze a large amount of data/information and draw conclusions from it.
      7. What is your favorite department and brand at Target?
      Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target in October 2015.

Interview

I signed up for an interview at the career fair at my university. It was a one on one interview with a lady who worked in HR. She asked me to tell her a little bit about myself and what I'm interested in doing. She then asked me a few (3 or 4) standard interview questions. At then end she asked why I was interested in Target and if I had any questions for her. Pretty basic interview..

Interview Questions

• When was a time you gave exceptional customer service?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Austin, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

They just asked me about my resume and how I would handle certain situations. No technical interviews. The interview took place on campus. Their recruiters came to our career service building and held an interview in one of the rooms.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach the problem in your software differently   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Raleigh, NC) in October 2015.

Interview

Standard interview process. There was three people in the room. One of which didn't speak. The other was a store manager or "team" manager at target. The other was a recruiter. Questions were all open ended. All ask to give examples to each question. Very clear that they are all about teams at target. Wanted to know if you could see target as a future career.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Target in September 2015.

Interview

The interview was heavily behavioral and situational. Be prepared to comment on specific instances of difficulty or achievement in a leadership or team setting. This particular set up pertains to the first interview you'll do with target, as they use it as a weed out process before they bring in candidates for round 2

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you've disagreed with a member of your team.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tyler, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Tyler, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

It was a pretty standard interview process. I talked to them over the phone, where they asked me about standard interview questions. After that, if they like you they call you back to come out to the warehouse in Tyler. I declined to go further with my application process because I had accepted an internship elsewhere by the time they called me back.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to work in a team, and how were you effective in it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ruston, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Target (Ruston, LA) in September 2015.

Interview

Interview at my university after a career fair. Organized it with me the day after. He sat down and used a rubric. Asked many standard questions and then into some behavior/situational questions. He gave me helpful feedback afterwards. Really nice guy. It turns out they can hire foreigners who need sponsorship for this position though, so I couldn't advance. I heard the next step was a phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of one time you gave exceptional customer service.   Answer Question