Target Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 3, 2018

3.1

114 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Washington, DC) in March 2017.

Interview

I spoke with them at my school's career fair. They asked me a couple of questions then set me up for an interview. The interview first asked me basic questions about me and then asked about experiences in particular situations.

Interview Questions

• Why Target?
    Tell us about a time you had to solve a problem in a way that was not obvious at first?
    Tell us about a customer service experience? How did you help them? What was the outcome?
    Tell us about a time you proactively completed a task without being asked?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elmhurst, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Target (Elmhurst, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

fast, could have gone better, the days waiting were pretty short, didn't have to do many phone calls, while other place required maybe 9-10 interviews. The interviewing process was polite short and didn't include too many questions

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

There were 3 rounds in total: the first round consisted of a phone screening by the recruiter, the next round was with the STL, and the last round was with an HRBP.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Austin, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

They just asked me about my resume and how I would handle certain situations. No technical interviews. The interview took place on campus. Their recruiters came to our career service building and held an interview in one of the rooms.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach the problem in your software differently   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Raleigh, NC) in October 2015.

Interview

Standard interview process. There was three people in the room. One of which didn't speak. The other was a store manager or "team" manager at target. The other was a recruiter. Questions were all open ended. All ask to give examples to each question. Very clear that they are all about teams at target. Wanted to know if you could see target as a future career.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Target (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview was based on situational experience questions. There were only three questions. The interview was very fast, so the interviewer could fit two interview in one time slot.

Interview Questions

• Describe a group project experience   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Target (Ann Arbor, MI) in March 2014.

Interview

It was pretty straightforward; submit resume through college job board, meet hiring manager, hired. As long as you are prepared to talk about yourself, act professionally, and clearly state your goals, you should get this internship.

Intern Interview

Application

I interviewed at Target in January 2015.

Interview

After submitting my application, I had a phone interview with a recruiter. About 2 weeks later, I had an in-person interview with a store manager. After another two weeks, I had another in-person interview with the district manager. A week later, I was offered the position.
    Be sure to prepare a few sentences to respond to "Tell me about yourself" describing your education, past leadership experiences, community/ campus involvement and how that ties into Target. Research "STAR Method Interview Questions" because those are the types of interview questions that Target uses.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you had to lead a team through a difficult task. What was your plan, how did you execute it, and how did your team react.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question
    • Describe the situation that you were in or the task that you needed to accomplish. You
      must describe a specific event or situation, not a generalized description of what you have done in the past. Be sure to give enough detail for the interviewer to understand.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you delegated a project effectively.   Answer Question
    • Give me a specific example of a time when you had to conform to a policy with which you did
      not agree.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisonburg, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Target (Harrisonburg, VA) in March 2016.

Interview

General questions, such as what was your hardest time and how did you overcome it? or How did you use your leverage in previous working place? Seems like they ask same questions to everyone and select anyone most fitting. I don't think they are considering interns as real employees

Interview Questions

• what was your hardest time and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Target in March 2017.

Interview

The recruiter I worked with was incredibly friendly and I meet her before my interview at a career fair which made the process a lot more comfortable. Interview was more intense than I expected, all behavior based and they make a lot of marks/comments when you are talking. Told me I could take a second if I needed to answer a question but did make a small mark on her paper when I did. Overall great conversation though and the interview flowed well.