Target Store Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Target Store Associate Interview Questions

1.8

Store Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

I applied for a store associate after they interviewed me I was proposed with a special position, overseeing a department. I met with 2 Executives. It was a fairly quick interview. Both very nice guys. Asked me about my experience and what I wanted to do.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Store Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

I got called in for an interview.

I arrived half an hour before my interview (my first one!).

A nice lady, slightly older, led me into the interview room. She was very kind and the interview was at a steady pace. When she asked about why I wanted work for Target and I spit some fire about the company's history and their dog Bullseye, she was surprised I did my homework (which I always do!)

After that we hit it off. The interview questions were lengthy and since I had little job experience, I said more education related experiences with people.

She highly recommended me for the second interview THAT day, meaning I would just wait for the manager to come see me.

However, the manager didn't want to hire a seasonal summer college student so it was a deal breaker, and even the lady that interviewed me was bummed out.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Target?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had a disagreement with someone and the steps you took to solve it.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to convince someone to something and the steps you took to do that.   Answer Question
    • What is your availability? Do you have any plans for summer?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had a situation where you had to step out to solve it.   Answer Question

Store Associate Interview

Interview

Called for in-person interview, at my local target. A couple of days later got a postcard saying they were not interested in me at this time. Everyone was very kind throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if your manager gave you a task that you could not complete before clocking out?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wheeling, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Target (Wheeling, IL) in August 2013.

Interview

Website very detailed- Interview with HR and Store Manager was predictable. Both were pleasant and asked questions related to the job.

Interview Questions

• On line math test was unexpected. Some questions required a calculator to answer in the time alotted   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Richardson, TX) in September 2012.

Interview

Inexperienced interviewer. Asked me a few questions. Saw how old I was and had already made his mind up. Was expecting Target to have a more professional approach to the interview process

Interview Questions

• How old are you? Which is a totally illegal question to ask.   1 Answer
    • Everything about the interview was unprofessional   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Warrenville, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Target (Warrenville, IL) in December 2009.

Interview

Filled out app in store, picked up that phone and scheduled an interview for the following Thursday. I had a short interview with 3 different managers and then was offered the job on-site.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethlehem, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Bethlehem, GA) in September 2009.

Interview

It was ordinary: filled out the online application, got a call, came in and answered a few questions.