Target Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Target Store Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2017

32 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target in July 2017.

Interview

This was the initial phone interview. The set up was friendly and easy. The call was expected to last thirty minutes. Disappointed when the interviewer asked if the store location was within a commute. Thought the interviewer would have researched this prior to selecting me for the phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions surrounding resume and a few behavioral questions.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Target (Kennesaw, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

There was an on-campus interview with Target Stores recruiters. They would ask a series of questions and generally try to get to know the interviewee better. The answers needed to be detailed and well thought out.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Target (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

They used target selection interview techniques, it is an effective process and was a great learning experience. There were 3 upper management people that randomly asked behavioral and situational questions that require that you give specific examples from personal experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to fire or discipline an employee?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Interview

not stressful the people were laid back and easy to talk to. everyone seemed to actually enjoy working there and the environment they were in. they didn't seem to have terrible hours either overall I think it would be ok

Interview Questions

• how much experience did I have?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow, ID

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Moscow, ID) in February 2016.

Interview

The lady I interviewed with was very nice, didn't talk down to me, and was eager to be interviewing me. She asked a lot of your average interview questions like ,"tell me about yourself", and "why would you like to work at Target?" Just make sure your prepared to explain how you would deal with a number of retail scenarios. For example, how you would deal with customers, inventory issues, etc.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for target?   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Contacted me promptly after I expressed interest in the position. The interview process was comfortable and informative. I met with 2 different managers in the same day. Most responsibilities were covered and my questions were addressed with efficient professionalism.

Interview Questions

• "How would you approach training a new operating system?"   Answer Question

The final offer was a different location.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Three separate interviews. Two phone and one in person. The interview process is pretty swift and the people are very friendly. The questions are difficult and very unique so you definitely should prepare well.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you've made a mistake and what was the outcome?   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Interview

Position required one interview. The interviewer was pleasant and laid back but the questions were not easy. A lot of situational questions were required of me. Most the questions started with a phrase like "tell me a bout a time when" or "if given this situation, how would you respond"? Make sure to know why you want to work for the company because that will be a question.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a better applicant than the thousands of others who want to work for target   Answer Question

Interview

Interview Questions

• The typical work day to me, is enjoying what I am doing, while working with my fellow workers. I hope to learn new things ever day, and pass my knowledge to the public. I always try to listen to and follow directions given to me by my superiors.I try always to get along with my co-workers,and work as a team. The hardest part of any new job is,just t   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Interview

After on-campus recruiting, hiring process involved an on-line test and an in-person series of interviews, focused around a scripted and structured behavioral interview.

The online exam included two overall series of questions: one quantitatively assessing past experiences (e.g., how many formal leadership positions have you held) and another testing mathematical competency. The behavioral interview, meanwhile, was standard.

Interview Questions

• There was nothing particularly surprising or difficult about the interview process. The intense structure to the behavioral interview came off as slightly surprising, however, but it mostly added instead a sense of disconnection with candidates; I did not enjoy the interview, and I could tell I was simply being screened rather than conversed with.

Preparation for behavioral components will be to a candidate's advantage for the interview. Definitely review your answers to basic interview questions, and prepare by researching the company in-depth. Still, expect extreme structure to your interview and do not look forward to an ongoing discussion with your potential employer.   Answer Question