The RealReal Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

1. Featured Interview

Senior Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Secaucus, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at The RealReal (Secaucus, NJ) in October 2018.

Interview

It was Good interview. They tachnically test you practically for your gem identification skills. They care about backgrounds. Check your credentials and Knowledge about brands current market prices .

Interview Questions

• Any past bad exeperiance with employer.   1 Answer

Photo Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Secaucus, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at The RealReal (Secaucus, NJ) in July 2017.

Interview

They show you around the whole warehouse then drop you off at the photography department to dress the mannequin for several shots. You get to talk to some of the employees there and see what a "typical" day looks like. They go over the contract and the requirements for the job. It's an extremely easy job to get as the turnover rate is insanely high. Read some of the reviews on this site and you'll see what its like.

Interview Questions

• They really dont ask many questions.   5 Answers

Photographer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Secaucus, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The RealReal (Secaucus, NJ) in June 2016.

Interview

phone interview then a 1&1 interview the same week. They have a hard time keeping staff. That's why it was so easy. They will throw you under the buss so fast.

Interview Questions

• can you take photos. Can you take 120+ photos a day   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The RealReal (San Francisco, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

- Phone screen: Basic questions. Assessing technical capabilities and also culture fit.
    - Onsite interview: Meet 3-4 pairs of engineers and then the VP of engineering. Sometimes also meet the CTO. The questions depend on your skill level, but it's clear that they want you to succeed. They are open to Junior people as long as they can prove that they can work well in a team and also that they can learn fast.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The RealReal (San Francisco, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process took like 2 months. Initially I got an email from the scheduler for setting up the phone screening. The phone screening was for 10 minutes with couple questions related to the resume. Then I was told that I would be getting an email or call about next steps. After a week I got an email asking to visit their office for the three rounds of interview for around 3 hours with 5 people. The interview did go well and after couple weeks I got a message from the recruiter to set up a time to talk. After which still waiting to hear back.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      What would you expect from the ideal manager
      What are the challenges
      Why TheRealReal
      Some exercise to write the reports   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The RealReal.

Interview

Two phone screens and an onsite. They asked very specific questions about Rails and JavaScript and no algorithms questions. As in they prioritize experience with their exact stack over general abilities. That's a big red flag to me. One of the interviews told me that the work they do is very basic and his job is mostly a matter of following the processes they have in place.

Interview Questions

• Q: What is a weakness of Ruby on Rails that you have encountered?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at The RealReal.

Interview

Their recruiter has been friending and spam messaging almost *every* software engineer in the Bay Area on LinkedIn to get around paying for LinkedIn inbox messages. Bad and inexperienced recruiters are the number one sign of a bad work culture: if a recruiter can’t bring in good candidates, the company is either not hiring the best or is understaffed

Interview Questions

• The spam message asked for a phone number, but that was it   Answer Question

Client Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The RealReal (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

Two Half an hour phone calls with HR manager. Was extremely disappointed with low salary. I have almost two decades of experience and it was clear that did not matter. How, as a company founded by a Woman - is subpar pay empowering? How does it bring us to equality in pay? Enough with the start up mind set in paying peanuts while you get rich.
    Bring people forward with you. Lift up, not keep people small.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work at TRR? Why this job? What attracted me the role?   Answer Question

Multiple Positions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The RealReal (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

This was my second interview with TRR.. The first interview was for a different position and after 3 months (yes, you read that right - 3 months) they finally got back to me stating that my skill set didn't match up with the job. Seems strange since my resume was the same from day 1 in the interview process but hey, whatever. Then I get called in several months later for a different role.. After my interview, I send a very nice follow-up email and await to hear back. Welp, guess what? Nothing! I have no problem with a company deciding to go a different route but TRR does not respect your time or energy and lacks human interest.

Interview Questions

• Interview itself was filled with normal questions... Everyone I interviewed with was great.   Answer Question

Client Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at The RealReal (San Francisco, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

FIRST OFF, THE REALREAL IS A JOKE.

I have had such bad experience with HR, Recruiters, etc at The RealReal. You are all so unprofessional.

Dear Mr. Recruiter, Please do not reach out to me, set up dates to interview THEN text (YES TEXT) to tell me an hour before the phone interview. Have the audacity to own up to your excuses. Schedule another date, then not email or call at all. Worse start-up company EVER.

BELIEVE ALL OF THE BAD REVIEWS HERE. RUN AS FAR AS YOU CAN FROM THIS "FASHION" COMPANY.

NO EMAILS OR PHONE CALLS. THIS RECRUITER WAS UNPROFESSIONAL AND TEXTED INSTEAD. SORRY NOT SORRY, NOT INTERESTED IN WORKING WITH LAZY PEOPLE.

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The RealReal (San Francisco, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

A recruiter emailed me, to inform me I have been selected for a "telephone" screen. After the initial phone screen, I was told it went well and that I should expect to hear from someone in the next few days to schedule an in person interview. I waited what I felt was a reasonable amount of time, and I thanked the interviewer for their time. Additionally I emailed the Recruiter after waiting a bit longer for the next steps. I was led to believe that I should be available for the next steps, when I inquired there was zero reply. It is understandable if you are not a good fit for a company or they decided to go a different route, but it is unprofessional to avoid all communication and even worse not to follow up with a reply to inquiry. It does not speak well for the company when at the very first stages communication is lack luster.

Interview Questions

• If I was ok with a job where there is no opportunity for advancement.   1 Answer