The RealReal Interview Questions

Updated Jun 9, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 208 of over 208 interviews

Recruiter13%
2.5
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at The RealReal (Phoenix, AZ) in Jun 2021

Interview

Easy and streamline process overall if you come from a fashion background. They require you to take a small fashion assessment to test your knowledge of brands , products, and current styles in shoes, clothing, and handbags.

Interview Questions
  • What are current trends you see in the industry? And what are small up and coming designers, why do you think that? What is your favorite designer and why?
    Answer Question

The RealReal

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The RealReal

Interview

So I had a total of 4 interviews. The first 3 went fairly well, but the last interview was total garbage. The woman that interviewed me asked super vague questions from a script, that I could only answer like I'm Miss America or something. You want specific answers? Then ask SPECIFIC questions. Let me just say, that sometimes it's not the interviewee that's the problem, but the INTERVIEWER. Some people just don't know how to conduct interviews, but of course they're not the ones who get the blame.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time when you had a big challenge and how you overcame it.

The RealReal

Application

I interviewed at The RealReal

Interview

Given the high turnover, TRR either does a poor job of hiring, does poor training , or has a poor work environment. I thought I would be a great match with all my luxury retail fashion experience and extensive contacts, but I was totally ghosted. Their loss!

Interview Questions
  • Could I meet their weekly expectations

The RealReal

Application

I interviewed at The RealReal

Interview

Quick easy to the point! Honest and straight forward. The whole process took 3 weeks. There were 3 interviews total one with a recruiter one with direct manager one with director.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about your KPIs in precious roles. What is your experience with luxury clientele.

The RealReal

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The RealReal

Interview

Recruiter forgot about the first call, was late to the second call. Told me during the screen that work/life balance at the company was poor and that the teams were disorganized. I thought this was odd coming from a recruiter during a phone screen.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

The RealReal

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The RealReal in May 2021

Interview

This was one of the best experiences I've had in ages- really a career highlight. And I didn’t even get the job! Every conversation with the technical recruiter was an absolute joy. They had a fantastic ability to engage with me as a person and suss out the various signals they needed to really get a sense of whether or not I actually would be a good fit for the role and the organization. Instead of tedious, rote questions (hey, what's your favorite thing you've ever built? huh?), we just had a conversation. As the process moved forward, they did a great job with setting clear expectations and were always responsive. Being treated like a human is something I value highly (wait, is that weird?), so this personal approach really hit all the right notes for me. But wait, there's more! My conversations with engineering leadership were equally enjoyable. By about the 2 minute mark in my first conversation with the hiring manager, I'd already decided that this is somebody I wanted to work with/for. And not an isolated case, turns out engineering at The RealReal is comprised of interesting humans with a broad range of experiences. You very quickly get the impression that diversity of thought is valued, and you aren’t being assessed solely on arbitrary technical knowledge, but how your strengths and weaknesses (because we all have 'em) as an engineer, as a manager, and as a person compliment those of the rest of the team. There’s a strong top-down focus on culture and it really shows. Also- the entire process is quick! Basically 2 weeks, including a holiday, from initial contact to final debrief. Want to sit about for 6 weeks wondering what’s going on? This isn’t the place for you! Sounds amazing, so why didn’t I land the job? I know the answer to that too, because the recruiter doesn’t just fire off that generic HR kiss-off email, they schedule a call and give you thoughtful feedback on what was great and what was not so great. It turned out that I left the interview panel with the impression that I didn’t care much about a particular facet of engineering that I’m actually very passionate about. But being able to successfully communicate these things is a pretty basic function of a good EM, and so it was a very fair criticism. Frankly, it’s an absolute shame that hiring in our industry is so broken that experiences like this are so rare. But these folks are doing it right, and really the only disappointing aspect of this process is that I don’t get to work with these people every day- but maybe you will!

Interview Questions
  • General architecture questions, people management philosophies, and . You know, things one would want to know about a potential EM.

The RealReal

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The RealReal in May 2021

Interview

The interview process was super easy and fast. I first met with the recruiter and she was extremely friendly and kind. After the initial phone interview, you have 2 more rounds of interviews. Everyone I met with was friendly and warm. They were very informative about the role. Unfortunately, I declined the offer due to another competitive offer. I would recommend this job to anyone who has a passion for sales and fashion. Overall I had a great experience.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

The RealReal

Application

I interviewed at The RealReal

Interview

Was approached by HR via LinkedIn. Had a phone interview and three zoom interviews with the team. Moved on to the final interview with the Lead. Received a rejection email with no explanation. Lead asked me when I could start and seemed like I was getting the job. HR provided no feedback about the rejection.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

The RealReal

Application

I interviewed at The RealReal

Interview

Had 3 different calls with different levels. A little bit unorganized but the people were nice. I did not hear anything at all either way after the 3rd call, so that was a bit lame. Asked a LOT of what-if questions.

Interview Questions
  • How would you come in and update the IT systems management process?

The RealReal

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The RealReal

Interview

I was invited for a phone interview and had a great conversation with the recruiter. She was impressed with my experience and said that following our conversation she would be passing my resume along to the hiring manager to set up and in person. Weeks went by without follow-up from the recruiter or hiring manager. This has been reflected in several of the other reviews of this company and I can now attest that they were all accurate. Don't waste someone's time without even having the decency to follow-up and with something as simple as an email. I am ultimately glad that I did not get any further in the interview process with a company that so obviously lacks professionalism, culture, and tact.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about your background and what interests you in the RealReal?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 208 Interviews