Toast Inc Sales Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Toast Inc Sales Interview Questions

Interviews at Toast Inc

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Toast Inc (Boston, MA) in February 2016.

Interview

Jeanne was my recruiter, and was absolutely awesome. We spent some time over the phone on the initial interview, and she was a very pleasant person to speak with. She answered all of my questions. I had requested to speak with some of the top reps in the organization before we moved to the next step of the interview process, and she set that up for me, which was very cool. I flew up to Boston, and did a face to face interview, and saw the operation, and was extremely impressed with the company. a week later I was offered the job, and accepted.

Interview Questions

• About my previous roles, and what were some of the reasons I was successful in those roles   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Toast Inc

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Toast Inc (Denver, CO) in October 2017.

Interview

Multiple Interviews and Online testing. Recruiter, Manager and VP. Presentation was also required that included power point in-person review. The team was professional but not always prompt. Overall it was a good experience but too long and too many steps.

Interview Questions

• Please tell us how you have dealt with difficult clients and resolved the situation.   Answer Question

Toast Inc Response

Feb 12, 2018 – Director Talent Acquisition

We do have a high bar for who we bring into the organization and sometimes that prolongs a decision. I completely understand everyone is in a different situation and we don't always have that time... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Toast Inc (Boston, MA) in June 2018.

Interview

Long, it consists of 3 interviews. they go trough a fake sales pitch and ask you many questions about why you like sales. they then ask you to go in for an in person interview that will last 2 hours. the first interview is just 30 min long

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Toast Inc.

Interview

Got a call from the "recruiter" the call was 15 min late from the scheduled time, when asked what my salary needs were, I got told they couldn't offer me what I was looking for because they needed to be sensitive to others and it might hurt their feelings that I would make more coming in then ones that have been at the company longer. This place seems like it would be a huge joke to work in waste of time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Toast Inc (Boston, MA) in October 2019.

Interview

The sales recruiting team at Toast is juvenile in both their behavior and perspective.

I applied once on my own and once after a recruiter reached out to me.

As other reviews have mentioned, don't be alarmed if they no-show your scheduled interview screening call. Happened during my experience too.

Additionally, it appears normal for Toast recruiters to cancel and try to reschedule your call mere minutes prior to it happening, as this also happened to me, albeit a different recruiter for a different role. As the face of the company, the recruiting team's lack of professional behavior is shocking.

For such a large company trying to grow so quickly, their recruiting team is more narrow minded than a horse with blinders. With such a large need to grow and hire quality talent, you would expect them to think "this smart person is interested in working for us, we should cease this opportunity". This is far from the case. Unless you fit their exact mold for the position they are thinking of, it's useless to even inquire about other roles that may best leverage your background and skillset best.

Considering several of their sales recruiters also came up and were promoted through Toast's BDR program, I am still alarmed by the lack of what majority of company consider tables take elements.

I declined to interview further after applying both times.

Interview Questions

• Typical screening stuff. Why Toast, why sales, etc.   1 Answer