Toast Inc Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Toast Inc (Boston, MA) in October 2019.

Interview

Submitted application through a referral in October 2019. Two days later completed an initial 30-minute phone screen with an HR recruiter. After that, there is a 30-minute phone interview with a sales manager. This interview was much harder and there was a 2-minute sales pitch portion of the call. The third round was 2 back to back 45-minute in-person interviews as well as a tour around the office. Heard back that I had received an offer 2 days after final round. Overall a very professional interview process.

Interview Questions

• why toast? why sales? why you? strengths, weaknesses? time you have been a leader. The best piece of advice you've ever received.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Toast Inc.

Interview

The interview process was very thorough and timely. They responded to my emails quickly and kept the schedule tight so I wasn't waiting weeks between interviews. There were 3 rounds of interview total.

Interview Questions

• What is the biggest challenge you've had to overcome in the workplace?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

I had a phone interview with their employers. which she asked a couple of questions in sales and skills. It wasn't hard or complicated. Unfortunately, I wasn't accepted. The interviewee questions were clear too, so I didn't have any trouble in hearing.

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Standard HR screen, coding interview, hiring manager interview.
    Was really impressed with the people that I got to talk to, and it seems like they have a great product-market fit. They went through the process patiently and answered every questions I had about the company and the role. They seem to know the restaurant industry VERY well and seem poised to innovate in the product category. Couple people I know work there and have vouched for the work culture as well. I withdrew my application before the on-site, as I had other offers, but I would definitely recommend them to anyone!

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toast Inc.

Interview

Lots of touch points. Very throrough, but the homework assignment prior to an in person interview was a turn off. They require a 8 slide presentation on a site visit and audit before meeting with you.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toast Inc.

Interview

Overall it went well, the coding challenge wasn't too bad, except the time limit was only an hour, and there was two questions. Mainly array manipulation and calculations. Not too bad, and it was on HackerRank.

Interview Questions

• Implement a solution using Arrays and other String manipulations.   1 Answer

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Toast Inc (Boston, MA) in March 2020.

Interview

I submitted my resume to a job posting; received an email two days later requesting a phone interview. The HR contact ran through a stock list of questions he had in front of him. He didn't care what I answered, it felt like he was looking out the window as I spoke. I asked quite a few questions, none of which he could answer. Even though my background was a good fit for the role, it was clear this was a formality / quota interview. He was rude, unprofessional, and the tone of his voice was nothing short of judgmental. Toast is definitely not a company I would want to work for after talking with him.

Restaurant Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Toast Inc (Chicago, IL) in March 2020.

Interview

I submitted my resume to a job posting and received an email shortly after requesting a 30 minute phone interview. The recruiter could not have seemed less interested as she ran through a script of questions all beginning with "Tell me about a time when..." By the range of questions, it appeared she was most interested in how I handled drama in the office- red flag #1. With 5 minutes left in the phone call- after going through what seemed to be the Spanish Inquisition, I was asked if I had any questions. After realizing I had received zero information about the company or the position itself, the recruiter sounded annoyed at the question.

Even though my background was well tailored for the role, with 6 years in the restaurant industry and 5 years in software sales, it was clear the recruiter had no intention of ever moving forward.

If this call was any indication of what life is like working at Toast, I was relieved to have not wasted much time.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when the results you expected didn't turn out your way, how do you deal with not getting what you want?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had conflict with a co-worker, how did you resolve it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond for a co-worker.   Answer Question

Acct Executive Interview

Interview

First interview was great with someone from Corp. 2nd interview with 2 people/millennials couldn’t have been more stiff. I thought I was applying for the FBI, not sales. No personality whatsoever! Yikes!

Interview Questions

Toast Inc Response

Feb 7, 2020 – Toast

Yikes! This could not be any less reflective of the culture that we’re building here at Toast. I would love to connect on LinkedIn and better understand what happened so that I can share this feedback with the team. - Mike Brown, VP Talent & Insights

Restaurant Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Toast Inc (Chicago, IL) in February 2020.

Interview

Don't waste your time!

This was a huge waste of time and clearly they are only looking for specific people. I truly cannot stand these tech companies that lie and say they are so diverse when it actuality they only hire people that look like them. I waited three weeks after a phone interview just to be told "Oh we're sorry but we will be moving forward with other candidates." You can have all the restaurant experience in the world, all the account management experience and customer success experience but THEY ONLY WANT PEOPLE LIKE THEM! The Chicago office is a joke and I hope this review will help another woman of color not waste her time.

Interview Questions

• Same question over and over.   1 Answer

Senior Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Toast Inc.

Interview

HR screening, interviewer was 15 minutes late for a 30 minutes call, asked really basic question, obviously just looking for specific keywords without any understanding of anything in the field