Transamerica Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.4

1. Featured Interview

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Transamerica (Plano, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online through their careers portal and was contacted by one of the managers. Initially I had a phone screen interview with the manager about the position they had and my interests mostly behavioral. Later I had to set up a phone conference call with the manager and other developer. Then moved to on-site interview where I had to interview with 5 different people. Mostly was asked about my projects, internship experience and others. It was an easy interview. Good people around and work culture

Interview Questions

• Nothing was difficult. Everything was simple Just be yourself.   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Transamerica.

Interview

Super easy interview i got interviewed by the recruiter first pretty easy tell me about yourself then i got interviewed same day by the supervisor and the manager and same thing tell me about yourself then days later got an offer letter and i accepted and started working there 2 weeks later fast and easy transitioning.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and why you want to leave your current job.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Transamerica (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

You know there's no base salary and it's all commission-based when the employer has to sell you on why you should work there. It may be a great job for someone with a lot of friends who are looking for retirement/financial planning services but other than that, not worth the time.

Interview Questions

Interview

there was a phone call asking basic questions and basic conditions about yourself. the interview was very easy and absolutely no concern needed for this interview. you only need to prepare for the most basic behavirol questions

Sales Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Transamerica.

Interview

Was approached from a former manager about possible new career opportunity so I went ahead and followed through because I respect the manager. Ending result seemed like a Pyramid scheme type of system that would benefit ppl with a lot of connection and relationships that might need the service. my parents and significant others are not interested in the services so I will not start my saying careering by offering to them of other ppl in my family.

Interview Questions

• How you feel about potentially having your own business in the future?   1 Answer

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Transamerica (Anaheim, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Female appointment setter called to ask to set up interview for company. I stated that I did not want any sale or commission work and lady stated that this was not the type of work that was sales or commission only that you had a base salary to start at the company. This was a lie because after speaking with someone who use to work there and I called her to cancel and left a message. She phoned back the next day and said I did not leave a message and I told her directly that I did not want any sales or commission work only salary jobs with medical, dental, etc.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever done any sales or commission work before?   1 Answer

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Transamerica (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

It was full of very basic behavioral questions. The company is not a finance company solely sales. They also lied about the base salary on Linkdin, stating that it was 60K but it's solely based on sales.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little about yourself?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Transamerica (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Simple. They just get to know you and explain how their company works. Answered all of my questions. I felt very comfortable. People there are really nice. Definitely understand the company much clearer

Social Media Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Transamerica (Denver, CO) in June 2017.

Interview

One phone interview with the recruiter that was mostly questions about my background. The second phone interview was with the hiring managers colleague that also was mostly about my background but included more specific information about the position and the company.

Interview Questions

• What was your greatest accomplishment in your last position?   Answer Question

Software Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrison, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Transamerica (Harrison, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

one phone interview followed by face to face with hiring manager. After that, I was supposed to come back and do a presentation in front of senior management. The phone and face to face went great, but I think I got shot down literally because I am too old (54)

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Transamerica (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Transamerica contacted me first, calling me and saying that they saw my resume online (which I had posted) and that they wanted to interview with me. Being the youngster I am, I excitedly agreed. In hindsight, they were incredibly vague about what the interview was even for, so that should've been a red flag.

Going into their office, it was nice enough. However, the person who was supposed to interview apparently had a meeting, even though he scheduled my appointment. How unprofessional. But whatever. I had another person "interview" me; however, it was not a traditional interview. It turned out to be just a recruiting pitch to become a part-time insurance agent. I've heard it before: "be your own boss", "make tons of money on the side". Essentially, you get what you make out of it, without guaranteed benefits or pay. The catch is that they ask you to make a $100 background check payment, ... but this industry shouldn't require those in the first place for a FEE.

They said they offer this insurance and financial consulting pro bono to their clients. At that point, red flags came up. Where do they get their money? I immediately smelled a pyramid scheme, an MLM in regard to where their income originates (from my "background check", not the "insurance" I "sell"). I knew there would be no job security and that they'd constantly try to pile on the fees, their so-called "investment for success". Naturally, I asked them that same question and out came the well-rehearsed monologue: "aren't all businesses pyramid schemes, where your boss has a boss who has a boss...etc". Even a simple Wiki read of MLM will tell you that this is their conditioned, pre-planned response. Yet, he denied even knowing what a pyramid scheme was when I brought it up. Red flag. What professional in the industry DOESN'T know what that is?!

Anyhow, they asked me to come into a third interview, which I declined. However, these guys don't know how to take "no" for an answer. Transamerica, an MLM, is a scamming pyramid scheme. Don't waste your time here. All they care about is making money just for those few at the top. That's why they outsource their IT jobs to India and terminate their workers ad nauseam. That's why they hire Management from outside, not from within. They say they care about your success, your professional growth. But that's a LIE. You will find that management is just as inadequate in regard to "training"; that's because they don't care about you and only care about the money you make them.

Interview Questions

• Would you rather work a 9-5 job or be your own boss? (please...what an obvious bait question to say, "I'm not going to guarantee pay, so you're my slave")   Answer Question