Transamerica Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Transamerica (Plano, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online through their careers portal and was contacted by one of the managers. Initially I had a phone screen interview with the manager about the position they had and my interests mostly behavioral. Later I had to set up a phone conference call with the manager and other developer. Then moved to on-site interview where I had to interview with 5 different people. Mostly was asked about my projects, internship experience and others. It was an easy interview. Good people around and work culture

Interview Questions

• Nothing was difficult. Everything was simple Just be yourself.   Answer Question

Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Transamerica.

Interview

I came in for 3 seperate interviews. One of them were a conference, and two of them face to face. At first it was very inviting but then on the third interview, It was explained to me that I would have fees to pay for fingerprints as well as certifications. There was also a concern with my ability to succeed but I was still going to get hired. I noticed many flaws in the interviewers dialogue, I did not accept the offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Transamerica (Denver, CO) in May 2013.

Interview

I was recruited while working my current job, by a recruiter and invited to meet the personal manager for an interview. I arrived for the "interview," which was a causal sit down with the personal manager. She asked a few questions about my work habits and if I was unhappy with my current job. After passing 20 minutes of conversation, I was then invited back for a group interview/presentation.

For phase three the interview/presentation, consisted of meeting in the DTC office with 9 other candidates. The candidates are then observed interacting. Next the candidates are taken on an office tour to meet the various levels of managers. The tour ends in a meeting area where candidates then are instructed to mingle with current employees. No employee are allowed to answer basic employment questions, instead the are only allowed to say "your questions will be answered in the presentation." The current employees were allowed to discuss how their life has improved since being recruited. Next the candidates are taken to the "presentation," in another office with a projected. The personnel manager then gives a presentation to the candidates similar to an investment firm's sales pitch. Afterwards, the presenter invites all interested candidates to meet with the next level of management for a one-on-one session. In the one-on-one session any questions the candidates will have all questions answers. So I volunteer for the one-on-one interview, still looking for information on the job I was recruited for. I'm then asked a list of 10 short standard interview questions. The managers then have me wait outside while my candidacy is discussed. Next I'm invited back in with a job officer pending my payment of $100 for a background check and the passing of the state licensing exam for Investment Adviser Licensing. Finally, the position is made clear and I declined politely. The manager then became defensive and wanted to understand my grounds for declining. I explained I was interested in the posted available jobs and was not interested in being a investment agent. I was then told those positions were not available.

Break Down

Phase 1: Recruited
    Phase 2: Causal meet with personal manager
    Phase 3: Group candidates meeting and company tour
    Phase 4: Group presentation
    Phase 5: One-on-one interview
    Phase 6: Job offer and payment for background check
    Phase 7: Wait for background check and payment to clear
    Phase 8: Training in office for state licensing exam and 2-3 weeks shadowing [unpaid]
    Phase 9: Pass exam, obtain licensing, and refund for exam
    Phase 10: Officially hired and need to find clients to manage/invest

Interview Questions

• No one during the interview process could answer simple questions about the position like what is the position, hours, or pay. I was being recruited for some unknown position. I even researched the company online and check for the available positions and specifically about posted jobs. Only the top managers were allowed to answer questions.

One-on-one interview question: Why hasn't anyone else tired to hire you?   1 Answer

The entire process seemed a bit shady and unstable. No actual information was provided on the position until the very end. The company wanted $100.00 to cover a background check and then $300.00 to cover the cost of licensing. It was then stated the $300.00 would be refunded to the applicant after passing the state licensing exam.
    This format was described in the presentation as "In business for yourself, but not by yourself."

Anonymous Employee in Encino, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Transamerica (Encino, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

Submit resume, Interview and Performance

Negotiation

Simple and to the point

Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Transamerica (Fort Wayne, IN) in November 2015.

Interview

very little made sure I had a producers license and that was it. Didn't seem concerned with my past work experience at all. Wasn't really upfront about how the pay would work.

Interview Questions

• very few it was more him telling me about himself and the products   Answer Question
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you? about my producers license and when it would expire   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Transamerica (San Diego, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

The process includes a background check, a drug screening, and several aptitude and psychological evaluations to see if you are able "to be a salesman." This is followed by a series of phone and in-person interviews. The tests are not very challenging and the recruiter actually advised me to answer on the extreme positive or extreme negative when answering the questions which required answering on a 1-5 scale.

Interview Questions

• What's the hardest decision you ever had to make?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The compensation is fixed and I didn't feel like there was any room for negotiation. In addition to the small compensation and relatively weak commission split, they promised to give me a book of business from a retiring agent which turned out to be nothing but a ton of lapsed accounts. I essentially became a collection agent.

Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Transamerica.

Interview

Short and sweet! Just wanting some idea of your work history and how many people do you know as potential buyers. Get your business cards and start meeting and selling insurance.

Interview Questions

• A description of your current and past life.   1 Answer

Contract Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Transamerica (Cedar Rapids, IA) in May 2018.

Interview

Had a 15 minute phone interview that the individual asked questions geared towards how I worked in a group setting, how I interacted with clients, and if I ever gave directions. It was a very quick interview and thought the interviewer would be more in depth.

Interview Questions

• Do you often provide direction to coworkers or clients?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Transamerica (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

You know there's no base salary and it's all commission-based when the employer has to sell you on why you should work there. It may be a great job for someone with a lot of friends who are looking for retirement/financial planning services but other than that, not worth the time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Transamerica (San Diego, CA).

Interview

I received a call from a recruiter telling me there were several positions open and she'd like me to interview. I specifically asked if the positions were sales and was told no, so i went to the interview. Low and behold, their positions ARE sales and commission based only. Additionally, i was told it would cost me$100 for them to run my background check and train me. I was going to just walk away from their offer, but they emailed me later to provide me information on training, so i let them know that i felt deceived and lied to and that i wasnt interested. They replied back that i will never move forward in life with a closed mindset and that i no longer fit in a position with their company. They are sneaky and caniving. Stay far away!

Interview Questions

• They didn't ask any questions. They just tried to sell me the job. I believe anyone will be what they are looking for as long as they are willing to sell.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Interview

Was asked to meet the same week I applied. Very straightforward in person interview. Talked about the position and what was involved. Asked if I had any background. Talked about the services they offered. Talked about the training they offered including certifications and team meetings. Talked about the importance about teams and being a cohesive member.

Interview Questions

Transamerica Response

Dec 3, 2015 – Human Resources Transamerica

Thank you for your feedback; we're happy to hear you received a timely response to your online application and wish you the best in your career search.