Transamerica Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 14, 2017

2.4

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Transamerica (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Transamerica contacted me first, calling me and saying that they saw my resume online (which I had posted) and that they wanted to interview with me. Being the youngster I am, I excitedly agreed. In hindsight, they were incredibly vague about what the interview was even for, so that should've been a red flag.

Going into their office, it was nice enough. However, the person who was supposed to interview apparently had a meeting, even though he scheduled my appointment. How unprofessional. But whatever. I had another person "interview" me; however, it was not a traditional interview. It turned out to be just a recruiting pitch to become a part-time insurance agent. I've heard it before: "be your own boss", "make tons of money on the side". Essentially, you get what you make out of it, without guaranteed benefits or pay. The catch is that they ask you to make a $100 background check payment, ... but this industry shouldn't require those in the first place for a FEE.

They said they offer this insurance and financial consulting pro bono to their clients. At that point, red flags came up. Where do they get their money? I immediately smelled a pyramid scheme, an MLM in regard to where their income originates (from my "background check", not the "insurance" I "sell"). I knew there would be no job security and that they'd constantly try to pile on the fees, their so-called "investment for success". Naturally, I asked them that same question and out came the well-rehearsed monologue: "aren't all businesses pyramid schemes, where your boss has a boss who has a boss...etc". Even a simple Wiki read of MLM will tell you that this is their conditioned, pre-planned response. Yet, he denied even knowing what a pyramid scheme was when I brought it up. Red flag. What professional in the industry DOESN'T know what that is?!

Anyhow, they asked me to come into a third interview, which I declined. However, these guys don't know how to take "no" for an answer. Transamerica, an MLM, is a scamming pyramid scheme. Don't waste your time here. All they care about is making money just for those few at the top. That's why they outsource their IT jobs to India and terminate their workers ad nauseam. That's why they hire Management from outside, not from within. They say they care about your success, your professional growth. But that's a LIE. You will find that management is just as inadequate in regard to "training"; that's because they don't care about you and only care about the money you make them.

Interview Questions

• Would you rather work a 9-5 job or be your own boss? (please...what an obvious bait question to say, "I'm not going to guarantee pay, so you're my slave")   Answer Question

Art Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Transamerica.

Interview

I had an interview with the HR person that went very well, until the end when she said that she would pass my resume on to the hiring manager, and let me know if my skills were a good fit. This is something normally done BEFORE any interview is scheduled. Needless to say I never so much as received a "thanks but no thanks" email. What a waste of time!

Lead Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Transamerica.

Interview

I applied online and in next two days time I got the PHone call from HR. Initially cheked my previous credentials and there was a Telephonic Interview scheduled. Rest of the process went well.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Transamerica (Plano, TX).

Interview

Hiring is very very laid back, HR is worse. The whole interview process took 4 months. Didn't receive complete paperwork even after 1 month of having the phone call that I have the internship. HR seems to be ridiculously slow. Eventually got frustrated and declined the offer and accepted a different offer

Interview Questions

Terrible HR and no respect for the time of a candidate

Broker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Transamerica (San Jose, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview at Transamerica was more of a presentation of their products/services than an overview of the position being offered. I arrived five minutes early and called my interviewer as instructed, and she told me that she would be right out. After waiting for an additional 30 minutes in an empty lobby, the interviewer came out and greeted me, and we proceeded into a large, bare, empty office. She began the interview by negating the value of my college degree, continuing with a brief history of the company and the presentation of Transamerica's services. When asked about pay, the interviewer was very cryptic and hesitant to release any specific numbers; though she did assure me that the position was not 100% commission-based. Upon concluding my interview, she noted that I would in fact start 100% commission-based, essentially in order to prove my worth to the company.

Actuarial Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Transamerica (Cedar Rapids, IA).

Interview

HR called me at first, and interview for 20 minutes, then after 3 weeks got a phone interview from hiring manager. After 1 week, i got the on-cite interview. Finally , no one notified me of the result and didn't received the reimbursement of meal at that on-site interview's day.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Transamerica (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview is more a presentation. They introduced about their products, rule of 72, and the type of clients... or tiers. This trigger the thought of a pyramid scheme and they zero base-all bonus salary is another confirmation of the scams.

Interview Questions

• Do you know about rule of 72?   1 Answer

Actuarial Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Transamerica.

Interview

It is a phone interview that lasted for nearly 30 minutes. It started with asking for background information, then followed by a group of behavior questions. They seemed to need people for their recent project, so they wished people could join their group as soon as possible

Interview Questions

• your greatest professional accomplishment   1 Answer

Associate Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Transamerica (El Paso, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Not much of an interview, it was all about introducing the company's products and finding out if one is interested in joining the team. The interviewer tried to convince me to join the team because it was based on social marketing where I can build my own team. The team building is based on one's social circles. I am also required to buy the company's product before I am taken on.

Interview Questions

• Do you know about retirement benefits?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. It was all about selling the company's products and getting me on board. Overall I was not impressed because the offer seem fishy and too good to be true.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Transamerica (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Unprofessional, totally waste of time. The interview process is a presentation of the company, which is absolutely a fraud. Do not go to this company, don't waste you time, don't waste you life.