Turner Construction Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Turner Construction Interview Questions

Updated May 25, 2017

2.8

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Turner Construction.

Interview

Very experienced person interviewed for an internship. The questions were not tricky. They were straight forward and accepted answers very positively. Never was tensed. Started fifteen minutes prior to the actual appointment for the interview

Summer Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Turner Construction (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

I set up a call with the representative, and I was called promptly at the arranged time. The interviewer opened up with formalities, and asked how I had heard about the position. Many of the questions focused on my thoughts and how I have made decisions. The interviewer also asked me about my familiarity with Turner and what projects of theirs interest me.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about this position?   Answer Question
    • Why did you choose to attend your college? What is the academic environment like at your school?   1 Answer

Engineering Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Turner Construction (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

During the interview process me and four other candidates were alternated between four different interviewers every 30 minutes. Each interviewer had different kinds of question and were from different areas and positions in the company.

Interview Questions

• What made you choose Turner?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Turner Construction.

Interview

Very quick process for first round interviews. A series of five or six typical scenario questions were asked. It feels like interview was rushed because they were scheduled very close together.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Turner Construction.

Interview

Interview process was with 4 separate interviews with Turner employees for 45 minutes each. Each person was extremely conversational and easy to talk to. The interviewers were all approachable and passionate about the company. There were 3 or 4 behavioral questions asked.

Interview Questions

• When was a time that you were creative in your school work or past internships?   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Turner Construction (New York, NY).

Interview

Three interviews, one of them being at the company office. They provide a nice dinner the day before and breakfast and lunch the day of. You stay at the hotel a block away overnight. Everyone I spoke with were very nice and professional.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have?   1 Answer

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Turner Construction (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I was interviewed by the top level executives in the corporate office for a position that was new and had no development. I was to be the person that established that role. Interviewed twice with the project managers.

Interview Questions

• They asked me very easy and straight forward questions. It was very personal and comfortable   1 Answer

Flexible Interview

Interview

Interview was a delight. The staff was very kind and professional. They asked good questions, and it was a comfortable environment. I met with an executive, and then with HR, and I felt everything went well.

Engineering Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Turner Construction (Oakland, CA).

Interview

The whole process started in early October and I received an offer early December.
    Screening: On campus college career fair -- they will invite you for an interview
    Round 1: On campus interview with 2 interviewers
    Round 2: On site interview with breakfast, 6 interviewers round robin style, lunch, constructionjob site tour

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Turner Construction (Albany, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied to the entry-level project engineer position in Buffalo in early October through Turner's online application process. I received a call from the Albany office in December asking if I was still interested in a position and set up an interview in their office. Met with three men all holding positions (not HR) and just went around the table with each of them taking turns asking questions from a packet. Told me I would receive a phone call by the end of the following week either way, informing me if I was receiving an offer or not. Almost a month later and still no phone call.

Interview Questions

• WHY TURNER?   Answer Question
    • Project you have been involved with that had an unsuccessful outcome   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you have incorporated the principles of lean management into a project   Answer Question