Turner Construction Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 28, 2018

2.8

Construction Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somerset, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Turner Construction (Somerset, NJ) in November 2012.

Interview

Common questions very relax great personal overall.
    Everything was on time.
    Plenty of space for parking.
    Building was very easy to find.
    The first time I meet with different people basically going from office to office.
    I was contacted for a second interview section and similar to the first one I meet with many different personal only this time the people I was talking with were into leadership positions.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company?   1 Answer

Assistant Superintendent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Turner Construction (Atlanta, GA) in March 2016.

Interview

I first met with 2 Turner employees at school recruiting event. I then was invited to meet with two more Turner employees at school about a week later. I was then invited to interview at the main office in Atlanta. The Atlanta interview consisted of six separate roughly half hour interviews with six different employees. The interviewers were very friendly and informative. I must say that I enjoyed meeting everyone at the office and did not feel the normal pressure and anxiety usually felt at interviews. We then had a group lunch at a local restaurant. I actually enjoyed the experience.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself fitting in with the company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Turner Construction (Phila, PA) in November 2016.

Interview

One of the best interview experiences I've had. Very friendly people and environment. More of a conversational interview which made it easier to understand the company/people. Extremely professional and on the ball through the process. You can tell why they have such low turnover. It's a successful company that takes care of it's employees.

Interview Questions

Received a counter offer from my current employer with a promotion.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Turner Construction (New York, NY).

Interview

Received a phone call from HR to set up interview. Came in and met separately with 4 accounting managers for one on one interviews. Everyone was very professional and respectful during the interview process. Basic interview questions, plus conversational questions about background and job experiences.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Turner Construction (New York, NY) in May 2012.

Interview

Work people and culture are great. There was a 3 round interview starting with two supervisors and a financial manager. Basic interview questions and job qualification discussion. Very professional

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you were faced with a problem and how you dealt with it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Solid offer

Assistant Engineer Interview

Interview

Submitted my resume at a career fair. Interview wasn't challenging, but they asked specific questions and you had to answer with examples from school or work experience. Both interviewers were very nice and were helpful answering questions after the fact. I was then called back to another interview in the region I was applying

Interview Questions

• Why Turner? Why Construction? Explain a time when you were faced with an ethical dilemma?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Turner Construction (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

It was a nice interview, plenty of people who really cared about your personality and all the stuff you'd want to see in an interview. They will try to trick you with some offbeat questions but most of them are straight forward and to the point and relatively easy to have an answer to if you know the company.

Assistant Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Turner Construction.

Interview

Interviewed with two senior Project Managers and then a hiring manager from human resources. Met with all three separately, with human resources at the end. The project manager's were easy to talk to if you have a general understanding of construction industry. The Human resources manager asks typical interview questions about yourself and your strengths/weaknesses.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Turner Construction (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

Went through On Campus Recruiting. Mostly behavioral questions. Second round interview was at the office. Four rotations with different people in the company. They asked mostly behavioral questions which are very easily found online. Very pleasant experience. The people were very nice.

Interview Questions

• if you had the opportunity to change something - anything - what would it be and how would you go about changing it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Somerset, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Turner Construction (Somerset, NJ) in November 2015.

Interview

For the first round of interviews they asked a lot of personal questions like. They people I talked to were very friendly and were very accepting of my questions.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose the school you attend? Why do you like construction? Can you elaborate on some of your internship experience?   Answer Question