Turner Construction Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 23, 2018

2.8

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Turner Construction (San Jose, CA).

Interview

I was recruited by the Manager. Not requiring and interview as my career had been very successful at former large, world class GC's. There was no interview process. I was recruited over many months. I did not pursue the position. Turner pursued me. Requiring 30 words here that I do not have.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Interview

I had a wonderful interview process. I learned a lot as well as was able to obtain an offer. The company was extremely professional from start to finish. I would highly recommend taking an interview.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Turner Construction (Miami, FL).

Interview

I applied online in October 2017 and received an email in January 2018 asking to set up a phone interview, which then took 4 days to complete. Spoke to an HR rep and someone in the Estimates department

Interview Questions

• What type of work environment do you work best in?   Answer Question
    • When have you had difficulty working with a team?   Answer Question
    • (customer service experience) When have you had to deal with angry customers?   Answer Question
    • Why did you decide to work/intern for [specific company on resume]? Why them and not another company?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself working after college? (type of industry)   Answer Question
    • Why [location you applied for]? Turner is worldwide, so why this location?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Met at career fair. Called in for a 2nd interview within a month. Interview consists of three round interview with 2 people each in one room. Hence, a total of 6 people evaluate you. The recruiters we're super friendly and explained about the company and also took us to one of their job sites. I did not hear back within a week. But I emailed them back and got a reply as a offer for the job.

Treasury Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Turner Construction.

Interview

Great experience. Only had a phone interview. It was about 15 - 20 minutes long. They just wanted to get to know who I was, my experience, and my proficiency in certain programs.

Interview Questions

• What do you think the treasury department does?   1 Answer

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Turner Construction.

Interview

1st interview was a phone interview, 2nd was on site. There were two interviews (about an hour) back to back. Decision was made on the day of the 2nd interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Turner Construction (San Diego, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

Contacted for a short in-person interview about a week after a career fair. Interviewer was friendly and very passionate about what he does and the projects he works on. Mostly talked about experiences on my resume and some behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time when you had to work with someone difficult to work with.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Turner Construction (Columbus, OH) in November 2017.

Interview

I met the guys from Turner at an on campus career fair. Left my resume with them and they called me a few days later to schedule an interview two weeks in advance. During the interview, they only asked behavioral questions. I got an offer a few weeks later via email.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you managed conflict with a coworker or teammate.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Turner Construction (Miami, FL) in October 2017.

Interview

Was invited to spend the day at the office. In the morning there are 5-6 people interviewing you in a period of 30 min and then in the afternoon was taken to a site tour

Intern Interview

Interview

I received a call from HR and they asked me general questions. It was about 30 mins and was not very difficult. He contacted me soon after with the offer letter.