Uno Restaurants Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Uno Restaurants Interview Questions

Interviews at Uno Restaurants

1.7

Waitress Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Uno Restaurants in June 2010.

Interview

They ask you a lot of question about your sales skills. They focus on your conversation and personality in the interview. They are kind at the moment of make you questions.

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Uno Restaurants (Cambridge, MA) in May 2013.

Interview

Called after sent in resume. Had no previous experience. Talked to an owner I believe, mainly with the manager. She was really sweet and seemed interested in helping me get the job. But then she said I was too nice for the job, that I would be ruined by the people there.

Interview Questions

• She didn't end up giving me a real interview. I didn't expect to be turned down for being too nice ha.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hamilton, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Uno Restaurants (Hamilton, NJ) in May 2016.

Interview

I had two interviews. Both were fairly laid-back. Why did I want to work there, have I served before, have I had their food before, etc. I was given the job on the spot at the end of the second interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Yonkers, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Uno Restaurants (Yonkers, NY).

Interview

I process took about two weeks for the manager to call me. Interview took about 30 minutes. He told me right on the spot if I got the job or not

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself
      What do you like to do on your free time
      Are you a quick learner   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Uno Restaurants (Columbia, MD) in August 2012.

Interview

They want to see if you can conduct yourself in a friendly and relatable manner. UNO likes their employees to be genuine with their customers, and do not like a classic read off of what usually is said. They begin to see if you have former experience and if you pass the initial interviews you begin your training.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any prior experience.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Uno Restaurants (Cambridge, MA) in May 2012.

Interview

The store manager went over my experience with me and asked me basic interview questions. I had no prior serving experience so the interview was more focused on what my work ethic and personality were like.

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Uno Restaurants.

Interview

I got hired off an open interview it was pretty easy the manager basically told me everything about the restaurant. He preferred me be an host instead he said being a server was alot of work. My past jobs affected me from being fired and that's not a good look but he gave me a chance anyway

Interview Questions

• How do you like to have fun   1 Answer

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Uno Restaurants.

Interview

They called to set up an interview. They were very fast in setting up an interview and getting me working. The interview was very short. It was as if I already had the job and they just wanted to make sure I was legit and had social skills.

Interview Questions

• asked when I could start, how many hours I wanted, if I had prior serving experience   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Uno Restaurants (Boston, MA) in June 2011.

Interview

The managers I had met with were very reasonable, however the actual running of the restaurant was poorly done. The people there had seemed nice enough, but they had mentioned they had a high turn-over rate. It was understood why with the amount of training and hours.

Interview Questions

After a hours of training in a windowless basement of the Kenmore location, I decided that the job was not right for me. The people there seemed that they had been stuck in a rut, and I was in no position for a place where there was not upward mobility.

Anonymous Employee in Taunton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Uno Restaurants (Taunton, MA) in November 2009.

Interview

To start the hiring process you are better off applying on line. It takes about three days to reach the restaurant so call back around that time. Make sure you call at a " down time." Meaning between 2-4pm or before 10am. You will then be asked to come in for the interview. They will sit you down at one of the tables and ask you a series of questions, typical for any other serving job. Times you're available, work experience, work ethic, etc. If you are hired, they will then ask you to attend RTC- regional training center. I call it Uno University. You will be tested on everything Uno and taste most of the food. Then you will have to go back to the restaurant and train for about two weeks depending on how often you work. It's a lengthy process but when you are let out on your own, you feel more than prepared.