Virtusa Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 12, 2017

2.9

Senior UX Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Virtusa (New York, NY).

Interview

Usually you will get to interview two managers, one HR and one senior consultant. It involves one or two problem solving skills such as design a mobile checkout. As long as you justify your design decisions you should be good.

Interview Questions

• Design a mobile checkout process exercise   1 Answer

Lead Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Virtusa (Dallas, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

Recruiter Called me for this openings and it took around 4 weeks for process .There were 4rounds of interviews (2 internal rounds and 2 client rounds ) .After that they offered me with the package I was looking for and next day they called me several times to accept the offer .In that evening I accepted the offer then there was no communication for next step.After 2/3 days I tried to reach out to recruiter and as usual he didn't pick my phone .Hence I replied to the email saying what is my next step.Immediately recruiter replied me saying the position got hold and we can't on board you .Same recruiter knew that I rejected another offer which is in different location and I was looking for same location for which he convince me.It is in deed very bad experience and need to be beware of this type of fraud companies and fraud recruiters .When I spoke to this recruiter and asked him- are you recruiting for a particular client and for company, he told we have many clients and if this client you face some issues we will move in to another and in your technologies there are so many demands , you don't have to worry at any time .Good thing is I didn't put the paper in my current company, hence for me its BAU.But its a good lesson for me which I like to share with every one by that don't fall into trap.

Senior DevOps Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Virtusa (Columbus, OH) in February 2017.

Interview

Couple of Skype rounds .

THEY GAVE OFFER BUT NEVER CALLED. Whole process went for 1+ month for a position in Columbus Feb 17.
    I declined another company's offer because of this compan's offer. After acepting the offer, background check and submitting visa transfer documentation. They stopped responding to my email and calls. After a week followup i was told "position is on hold and we will let you know if any openings" thats it. No other sympathy words etc.., I lost 45 days because of this company. My suggestion is keep searching or donot loose other offers when you are in the process of switching to this company !!! Beware of VirtusaPolaris !!

This shows how low this company is !!

Interview Questions

• Couple of skype techincal rounds on devops tools.   1 Answer

Technical Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Virtusa (San Jose, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Started from recruiters call and that took 2 weeks of time to schedule 1:1 telephonic round of discussion. The discussion took more than a hour but it wasn't worth because the questions were really basics. After that there was one more Skype round that took almost 30 min but interview questions were really technical. After a week of time one more discussion with HR and then offer letter. Overall easy process.

Java Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Virtusa (Hartford, CT) in August 2016.

Interview

My negative experience related to few following things:
    1 They promise BUT DID NOT cover my travel expenses for F2F interview.
    2 They initially says Java Architect but in F2F its converted magically to Technical Lead
    3 They decline my candidature because i'm green card holder. What actually was in my resume and initial conversation.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Virtusa.

Interview

Lengthy, multiple interviews with various people. Interviews were hard and very technical. But question any technical person should know the answer to. Seemed a little lengthy to me the whole process.

Business Analyst Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Virtusa.

Interview

All the typical behavioral questions . First by someone in HR,then by someone in a similar position.

I wasn't able to go in on the proposed date for the final in-person interview. Another date was proposed but there was little/no follow up for a few months, and when there was follow up at the end, they said they couldn't work out a time for me to come in (meaning they filled the available positions while the firm is saying you're coming in to interview)

The recruiting process seems very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a conflict with a coworker and how did you resolve it   Answer Question

Cloud Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Virtusa (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Spoke with a two engineers then with a executive. I thought the interviews went well but was never contact either way about the position. I understand not getting hired but not even an email to let someone know that status is unacceptable to me. So I would not recommend applying here.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions about your experiences in IT nothing really difficult.   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Windsor, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Virtusa (Windsor, CT) in June 2016.

Interview

General Technical Interview with three parts. They tested my knowledge on HTML, .NET, and SQL development. The interview began with any programming language being accepted as long as I could justify my answer. Then later into the day they asked more specific questions about SQL development or my past experience with databases.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Virtusa in April 2016.

Interview

Fake job postings for processing the green card of their internal employee. They will waste your time and effort . Stay away from this company unless you are out of job and you have the whole time in world.

Interview Questions

• Nothing much Very Casual. Where do I live, how do I commute, etc. etc... From these questions itself I could sense that these guys don't have any intention to hire   Answer Question