Virtusa Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Virtusa Interview Questions

Interviews at Virtusa

2.9

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Virtusa.

Interview

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, Easy. Basic questions were asked. Java programming questions. String manipulations. Collections based questions. Scenario based questions. Easy. Basic questions were asked. Java programming questions. String manipulations. Collections based questions. Scenario based questions.   Answer Question

Associate Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Virtusa (Newark, NJ).

Interview

If they do a walk in or recruiting hire event, then do attend in person. Chances are 80% more than attending in phone. Pretty friendly recruiting team. Lunch and travel expenses were provided. Overall very positive experience

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Virtusa.

Interview

There are 1 round online assessment and 1 round onsite interview. This is a consulting company, the interview is relatively easy, no data structures or algorithms, just simple technology-specific questions.

Software QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Virtusa (New York, NY) in January 2020.

Interview

I had a very bad interview experience in Virtusa.

I had 2 other interviews scheduled on the same day. I chose Virtusa for the interview, but those guys made me feel that i took a wrong decision by choosing Virtusa over other two companies. I have not had faced this kind of experience ever before. Here is what happened.

Totally 2 technical rounds followed by Project Manager and HR round. After 1st level of interview, got confirmation from HR that i got selected for the 2nd level. 1st level got completed by 12 noon. They made me wait for 8 hours till 7 PM. In between I checked with 2 other HRs, they also told me that i got selected in 1st level, so please wait for some more time for the 2nd level of discussion. But at 7.30 they're saying i didn't get selected in the 1st level. They just told like we're sorry, u didn't get selected in the 1st level. I got really frustrated. I waited for 8 hours to get this reply from them. 1st level of interview got completed by 12 and 2nd level didn't happen at all after waiting till 7pm. Very bad attitude from the team who organized interview. If i didn't get selected in 1st level, then how did 3 people tell me that i got selected, or if i didn't get selected why did they made me wait for 8 hours.

And they sent many people who cleared 1st level to home saying they will conduct 2nd level of interview as a telephonic round which is not going to happen at all, because they already shortlisted few people and conducted all 4 levels of interview and gave spot offer

Copy Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Virtusa (New York, NY) in December 2019.

Interview

Several easy and cordial phone interviews, plus a test. After about two or three months they notified me that they wanted to go forward with an offer, but shortly after that they had to backtrack when a higher-level manager realized an in-person interview had not been conducted (I had noticed too, and thought it strange indeed, but didn't say anything). To check the box, I did a 15-minute FaceTime call with my would-be manager.

What followed was a comedy of errors and incompetence the likes of which I have not seen in 20 years of job hunting. The offer letter was a mess. Major details -- like, uh, the benefits description -- were missing. The name of the role was different than the one I had interviewed for. Lots of stuff like this. It took days for them to remedy this or clarify, and even then they were cagey about certain basic details, like the number of paid sick days. I was told something like "we don't tell you how many until you're onboard," and they made it seem like they were doing me a huge favor by "advancing" me this elementary information.

Meanwhile the HR person handling the process was being nonstop pushy. Every few hours he emailed me to say, "Can you accept ASAP?" No courtesy whatsoever. No "Take your time" or "I'm happy to answer any questions you have." It completely turned me off to the whole thing.

I declined the offer, made a counteroffer. Next thing I know I get a call from a higher-level HR person, who apologized for the screwups. She tells me she's going to be handling my candidacy from here on out. Great. Never heard from her again. The job ad was reposted a little while later.

All I can say is, LMFAO. These guys have already spent the modest additional money I requested in my counteroffer to re-engage the recruiting process. Cheap skates with a completely blockheaded approach to human relations. Avoid avoid avoid.

Interview Questions

• Can you accept our offer ASAP?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Standard process, very easy going. Phone screening, one on one conversation to determine if personality is a fit. In person interview to assess skills. Phone screening to in person interview was less than a week.

Interview Questions

• When have you been faced with a problem, how did you solve it programmatically?   Answer Question

Software Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Virtusa (New York, NY) in August 2019.

Interview

1st round was mcq from different different fields like DS ,OS, HTML,css , Java (40%), Aptitude etc.
    2nd round was technical HR based on DS , Computer network,Java (spring boot,inner concepts), Any projects, Area of Interest etc.
    3rd was Final HR based on Candidate backgrounds ( communication , way of explaining, attitude) .

Interview Questions

• In which concepts you are good Java ?   1 Answer

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Virtusa (New York, NY).

Interview

At the beginning things were great. Connected with the recruiter, who quickly setup a call with the hiring manager. We had an awesome conversation, and shortly after I was told they wanted to bring me in. Went to the on-site interview with two senior managers and it went relatively well. I was very excited and hoping to get the job. However, in the most bizzare fashion, I never heard from them again. I sent a thank you note and a follow-up email a week or two later to both the recruiter and hiring manager, and still nothing. Very frustrated by getting absolutely no feedback or update after I took the time away from work to come interview with them. This was major red flag for me about their HR department and processes, so I guess I dodged a bullet.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience working with a publicly traded company?   Answer Question

UI Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Virtusa.

Interview

Ever seen such a worst interviewer at anywhere else. they don't know them self what to ask.Ever seen such a worst interviewer at anywhere else. they don't know them self what to ask.

Senior Java/J2EE Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warwick, RI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Virtusa (Warwick, RI) in April 2019.

Interview

My profile has been submitted by consultancy for Java/J2EE position to develop micro-services.
    2 rounds of interview.
    First round - One hour of online coding test and second round - one hour of technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Coding - GET to fetch employee data -using SpringBoot
      Role I played in the project and project description
      Technical - Spring Boot, Spring, Java 1.8, collections   Answer Question