Virtusa Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

Sort:

Associate Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Virtusa (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

There were 2 Technical Rounds. , There was 1 HR round. They asked about Current Salary, Past Projects, Current Projects, Implementation methods, Activities, connector, data pages, data table,PRPC 7.1 features, stages, flows, flow action, properties, Forward chaining, backward chaining.

Interview Questions

• Current Salary, Past Projects, Current Projects, Implementation methods, Activities, connector, data pages, data table, PRPC 7.1 features, stages, flows, flow action, properties, Forward chaining, backward chaining.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Virtusa.

Interview

the first round is an Aptitude test, followed by a Programming test in which you are given one programming challenge to solve in the computer. This is followed by 1:1 Technical and HR rounds. The interview rounds were about 15 min each and very not of great difficulty. The technical questions are of intermedaite level and require a good understanding of programming. The HR round wasn't conducted in a cubicle instead, I walked around the campus with the HR manager while he interviewed me. Overall it was a great interview. The results were out the next morning.

Interview Questions

• How do you say that you are optimistic ?   1 Answer

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in India, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Virtusa (India, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

It was campus placement and First there was technical Written test which consist of basic technical question on Java/C++ ans basic PL/SQL questions .. after that there was
    technical interview of shortlisted students which also consist of basic technical question on Java/C++ ans basic PL/SQL questions then there was ..
    Hr interview which consist of some behavioral questions and whole process was completed in one day time

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Windsor, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Virtusa (Windsor, CT) in June 2016.

Interview

General Technical Interview with three parts. They tested my knowledge on HTML, .NET, and SQL development. The interview began with any programming language being accepted as long as I could justify my answer. Then later into the day they asked more specific questions about SQL development or my past experience with databases.

Java Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Virtusa (Hartford, CT) in August 2016.

Interview

My negative experience related to few following things:
    1 They promise BUT DID NOT cover my travel expenses for F2F interview.
    2 They initially says Java Architect but in F2F its converted magically to Technical Lead
    3 They decline my candidature because i'm green card holder. What actually was in my resume and initial conversation.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Was a rigorous 4 round process. We review and approve every post before it appears on our site, and in the case that the community sees something suspicious we will look into the issue and take appropriate action.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Virtusa (New York, NY) in September 2012.

Interview

Received an email from a recruiter about their opening and responded. They scheduled an in-person interview at their Manhattan office. When I got there, they'd lost my resume and couldn't photocopy it or get another from their system, so I had to reeexplain my credentials to everyone I spoke with aside the first man I spoke with.

At their office, the first person I spoke conducted a basic HR interview, asking me how I'd heard of them, what I knew about them, my background, etc. He told me I was being considered for a job in Albany. Next person was another HR interviewer, who told me a bit more about the company and position. Since for some reason they didn't have my resume, which I emailed to them, on record, I had to tell this interviewer all about my background. He said he didn't know where the position I was being considered for was located, but that he thought it might be in Boston.

Next was a technical interview on Java and general OOP concepts, conducted over a conference phone. This interviewer had an incredibly thick accent and coupled with the poor connection, made him very difficult to understand. I didn't feel like I did so well on it. Next I spoke with another tech person, face-to-face, who asked me some more OOP questions.

Afterwards I spoke with the first interviewer again. He told me that I passed, and that there was going to be 3-4 weeks (he wasn't specific) of training in India before the position started. As I don't have a passport, I asked him about the details. He wasn't very forthcoming about things like housing, how long I'd be expected to stay with them in return for the training, just insisting that they'd take care of it and it'd be free. When I told him that I'd sleep on it, he got very pushy and wanted an answer immediately, telling me he needed to know right then and there.

This seemed kind of shady (their story on where the position was located and didn't give me any details on the contract and details about the training),

Overall, it just felt "off" to me. It was very disorganized A couple of the interviewers just left the room for about 10 minutes at a time to take phone calls or something.

Interview Questions

• What is a finally statement used for in Java?   1 Answer

The whole thing seemed shady to me. I told them that I'd sleep on it before making a decision and they seemed unhappy with that, wanting me to give them a yes or no immediately. As well, the salary was around

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Virtusa.

Interview

One IQ test.Two Face to face interviews. Basic knowledge OOP concepts. Second one asked about More in depth knowledge of data structures, Design patterns, designing a small system with java. Few simple coding samples.

Interview Questions

• What are the design patterns you are familiar with? describe.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Virtusa in October 2014.

Interview

I first had an technical exam which was 30 IQ questions and 80 technical questions.then i was interviewed by senior software engineer.it was one and half hour interview.i was selected for the next round.then i had another one and half hour interview with an architect.it also went well.finally i had another small interview with the director of technology and then i was selected with the hr interview

Interview Questions

• Where will you in 5 year times of your career path?   1 Answer

Negotiation

This is a great opportunity.but to gain that you must work hard.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Virtusa (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

First round was a phone call follwed by F2F.
    Phone call: 30 mins
    Asked about my challenging tasks that I had accomplished so far, for 15 mins. Next 15mins, is just behavioral FAQs.