Waffle House Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Waffle House Interview Questions

Updated Aug 21, 2017

2.1

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waffle House.

Interview

Interviewed at HQ for hourly intern position. Everyone was friendly and process was simple; talked to a manager and VP. They asked me some basic questions and showed me around the office.

Cook Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waffle House in August 2017.

Interview

Would like to expand and learn new tasks in life and progress into my future and help there organization growth and be an great employee and help others and obtain new talents and goals

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waffle House (Atlanta, GA) in July 2017.

Interview

we had to have 3 different interviews with district regional managers. you have to take a class and watch a two hour lpong movie, then you have to take a test in their workbook and get 70%

Anonymous Employee in Stockbridge, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waffle House (Stockbridge, GA) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online. unit manager called me a day later. did an interview the following Monday.. waited a whole week so she could get back to me.. did another interview and then they told me to go to training which was two days and then off to work they sent me.

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waffle House (Fayetteville, GA) in May 2017.

Interview

As long as you come in with a positive and professional attitude, there's no reason you won't get the job in a small town. They'll hire pretty much anyone that follows the requirements.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daytona Beach, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Waffle House (Daytona Beach, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed by the DM. He asked me a few questions about my work history, education, and life in general.
    After I answered, he stared at me smiling silently like Jack Nicholson's Joker character. He gave me the creeps so I basically blew him off and left.
    Always trust your instincts Ladies!

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waffle House in April 2017.

Interview

very easy, i was friends with them right away. and it was a two step process and the training was an easy week of shadowing. but the training was suppose to be at a hotel but was outside in the cold cause of the goverment doing meetings, wish they could had booked another place..

Unit Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Waffle House (Atlanta, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied at my campus job fair and received a call the next day. I interviewed the next week with the recruiter who contacted me and a few days later a DM. About a week later I had to take the assessment which takes about an hour and a half. The recruiter said they would be in touch in the next couple of days and I never heard from them again. I'm not upset about not getting an offer but I feel that if you make it to the last step in the interview process they at least owe you the courtesy of a phone call or email.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you found out X employee was stealing?   1 Answer

Server/Waiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manheim, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Waffle House (Manheim, PA).

Interview

Applied online, heard back within a few days. Set up an interview for the following week. Met with the manager of the local branch to discuss personal skills, communication skills, etc. one on one.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had a conflict with a manager and how did you handle/resolve it?   1 Answer

Unit Manager Interview

Interview

Was contacted by a couple of APDs, filled out online application and was told we would continue once the background check was completed. I informed them that I had a restricted license but was soon going to have it fully restored. The background check was completed, verifying what I told them about DL, at that time I was told they were not able to move forward until it was fully restored, but would keep my app/resume and then we would continue. While waiting, I tried to "touch base" a few times and no one would return calls. Once it was restored I sent copies to the APDs I was in contact with, a few days later I was told they were going in a different direction.
         As someone who has many many years in the restaurant industry and have recruited myself, it is funny the way that they do business in finding management. I've accepted another position with a different restaurant company offering more money and less hours. If you choose to go to WH, best of luck to you.