WillowTree Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

WillowTree Software Developer Interview Questions

Interviews at WillowTree

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at WillowTree (Charlottesville, VA) in January 2017.

Interview

Got a same day automated email response to a resume I submitted which asked me to take the one-way video recording interview, which is supposed to be a "fun exercise".

Not sure the reasoning for this type of interview, seeing as someone reviewing these videos will take the same amount of time to watch as if they had called the candidate to begin with. If someone doesn't show enough skills/experience with their resume, what is the point in sending a request to one of these one-way video interviews and wasting their time? This could be combatted with contacting actual perspective hires with an actual live person call.

Anyway, I personally found the beginning of this interview process to be a disrespectful way of doing business. Seems that Willowtree doesn't really value my time and experience by throwing an impersonal video recording at me. When < 1% of the population are in software development, I believe only desperate people would put themselves through this. Programmers/software devs should be seen as peers and experts, not serfs who aren't worthy of personal interaction that might happen to be so lucky as to work at said company. Wonder how many great programmers are above this type of treatment and passed over this company? Who honestly wants to work for someone that doesn't have enough appreciation to have personal contact with you throughout the entire interviewing process?

Interview Questions

• Would you like to take this "fun, indecent, and detached of any human interaction exercise?"   Answer Question

WillowTree Response

Apr 16, 2018 – Chief Talent Officer

Thanks for taking the time to write this review. While we respect your opinion of video interviews, it seems you have misunderstood why we use them and how we view them. They are not in any way... More

Other Interview Reviews for WillowTree

Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WillowTree (Charlottesville, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

Rigorous! Initial application, canned video interview, phone screen, test project, all day interview/office immersion. There was a brief white boarding portion during one of my interviews, but was pretty casual.

Interview Questions

• One of the in-person interviews was a soup-to-nuts review of my test project.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WillowTree.

Interview

Video interview(recorded), followed by some phone interviews, followed by a coding challenge. Overall the company was very helpful, and the interview wasn't too awkward. (Even the awkward video recording interview thingy)