Wipro Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 14, 2017

2.8

58 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wipro.

Interview

Basic technical questions and knowledge of areas

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Wipro

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wipro (Chicago, IL) in August 2010.

Interview

It was a long interview, up to an hour over the phone with two technical guys and the HR person. I don't know if the client was that strict with the qualifications, but the interview questions were very detailed in the technical perspective. Talk about down-to-the-semicolons-in-the-code-line detailed. Prior to applying for this job I had 3 years extensive experience in software development, then the last 2 years was more on production support, so admittedly it was not easy to recall the gritty details, although I KNOW where to find and how to do what they are asking. I am not by the book person, and that keeps me open to new approaches to a code solution/implementation. Apparently they are looking for a by the book person, who can memorize the program's reference guides up to the last punctuation mark.

I'd like to be fair in thinking that the client they are working for needs a highly-technical resource, but I felt this was not a fair assessment of an applicant's abilities. Halfway during the interview, they made me feel quite worthless. Needless to say, the interview was a stressful one, and I was expecting (and was actually relieved) that they would not contact me after this ordeal.

My only advice to potential Software Developers is to really study for the interview, and be ready for extremely technical questions. They are quite challenging.

Soon after, I applied for one of their competitors, and they [competitor] did WAY better in terms of considering my qualifications. They did not ask a lot about which particular XML tag I need to update, but rather actually looked at my timeline in my resume and then asked me the right questions, some technical, but basic ones. And then they asked: "How confident are you in getting back in the position as a Software Developer?" They actually assessed my POTENTIAL, and they made me feel like I actually am worth something.

P.S. I got the job from the competitor for a 6-month contract and I proved to be an extremely valuable resource. When the contract ended, they actually offered me an extension - repeatedly, under a different deal, if you know what I mean. It felt good to be appreciated like that. I respectfully declined because of relocation restrictions (the work was out-of-state), and I was just not quite ready for that.

Interview Questions

• What particular files need to be updated in the system's config directory to update this specific data? Name them, the particular tasks/jobs that are responsible for this, and whether or not they can be scheduled.   1 Answer
    • What particular code line should be updated in order to change this particular function [desired outcome]?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wipro in September 2017.

Interview

*Online Test*

There was an OT(online test). It has aptitude, verbal, reasoning (All the three sections are easy to moderate) and a coding section(2 simple coding questions).
    Just with a month practice you can easily do the given coding questions.
    *Interview Process*

There were two rounds.
    One is technical and the other is HR.
    They asked me more on my projects. Why I was interested in IT industry, and two coding questions, What makes me unique from my friends.....
    Regarding HR, they asked me about myself, why they should be hiring me, why I was interested in doing B.tech in instrumentation.....

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Wipro (Hyderabad (India)) in March 2017.

Interview

I attended for contract position and it was very simple to answer. Mainly he was focusing on J2EE, JMS, EJB, REST, JPA part only. Core Java in depth. JMS , DB queries, JBoss.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Wipro (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

Its good , really tested my skills and the interview process is purely on technology requirements and skills on which you worked. so be prepared , rest is you luck

Interview Questions

• all related to pHP and some other technical stuff.
      Database sql and procedures .   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Wipro (Pune (India)) in February 2017.

Interview

Experience person interview is easy and simple.But the point to write review is most of the time job openings are fake means they just call for interview and select you,collect documents in the name of verification but never give you offer. They dont even receive call after it.They do just to their HR work.Their job openings on monster are fake.Dont bother about interview but about genunity of opening else you get frustrated by just following big name because they inform you after a month that they have no vaccany.Seems lot of nepotism.

HR managers work very haphazardly.

Interview Questions

• About project.most question are about to implement it.   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Wipro (Chennai (India)) in January 2017.

Interview

This round was the Aptitude test. The Wipro aptitude test is very similar to the CAT tests Math, English . Next was personal interview for about thirty minutes and if you perform well then you will be selected for the HR round.The HR round was very easy when compared to the other rounds.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Visakhapatnam (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wipro (Visakhapatnam (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

It's about 3 rounds,
    1st round is written conducted by AMCAT,
    2nd round TR some more difficult,
    3rd round is HR.if you cross the TR then HR is easy.
    (1) Written test.
    (2) Technical round.
    (3) HR round.

(1) Written test:

Wipro came to our campus on 12th September. Actually, Wipro selection process is of two types.

1)Topper's criteria.
    2)General criteria.

The difference between the two is in topper's criteria in return test they have to take only Programming test and essay writing only whereas remaining has to attempt.

1) Verbal ability.
    2) Quantitative ability.
    3) Reasoning ability.
    4) Programming test.

If you qualified in all above sections then you get essay writing on screen otherwise, you can leave. In that situation when my time is running out I got tense whether I can get an essay or I have to leave. In that situation, I got essay writing on a screen. After writing essay they asked us to wait in auditorium for results. And I was shortlisted for technical interview. They asked us to come at 9:30 the next day.

(2) Technical Round:

This is the major part of the selection, in which our skills are tested. The person who is from non-IT can relax up to some extent. They had to be thorough with basics of C and Data Structures. Students who are from IT domain had to be thorough with C, Data Structures, OOP concepts and your areas of interest such as DBMS and Operating Systems. For me, interviewer asked me some concepts related to C and C++. And then he tested me how I was with DBMS and asked more than 15 questions related to keys, constraints, definitions and more queries. Later he asked some concepts on operating systems while he asking I said him that I was not comforted with OS concepts. After that by asking some questions related to general topics, he congratulated me that I was selected for HR round.

(3) HR round:

It is very simple round that we can succeed it mainly with our smile, here you can face some questions such as,

1) Tell me about yourself?

2) Why should I hire you?

3) Why Wipro?

4) Are you planning for your higher studies?

5) Strengths and weaknesses.

6) Hobbies etc.

While answering such questions you have to be active and spontaneous. Don't eliminate your smile. After answering all questions, she asked me any queries. I asked about company's environment and she explained. Then she asked me to leave.

Finally, results are out after two weeks and I got shortlisted for Wipro which makes me feel happy.

Maybe it will be useful for you.

All the best.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wipro (Chennai (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

The Online Aptitude Test was conducted by AMCAT. The test was really easy. The shortlisted students were asked to given a passage and have to write some 100 words about it

Interview Questions

• During Intereview, questions were mainly asked from the area of iterest mentioned in your resume.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Noida (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wipro (Noida (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

it took three round..
    first it was an online aptitude test .it was easy but time effective.
    second round was technical ,it was easy on average basic knowledge of oops and any programming language.
    lastly it was hr round.normal questions about yourself.

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself and your family.   1 Answer

Negotiation

1st round ...online test cutoff was quite high