Wipro Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 16, 2017

2.7

64 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wipro.

Interview

Basic technical questions and knowledge of areas

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Wipro

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wipro (Chicago, IL) in August 2010.

Interview

It was a long interview, up to an hour over the phone with two technical guys and the HR person. I don't know if the client was that strict with the qualifications, but the interview questions were very detailed in the technical perspective. Talk about down-to-the-semicolons-in-the-code-line detailed. Prior to applying for this job I had 3 years extensive experience in software development, then the last 2 years was more on production support, so admittedly it was not easy to recall the gritty details, although I KNOW where to find and how to do what they are asking. I am not by the book person, and that keeps me open to new approaches to a code solution/implementation. Apparently they are looking for a by the book person, who can memorize the program's reference guides up to the last punctuation mark.

I'd like to be fair in thinking that the client they are working for needs a highly-technical resource, but I felt this was not a fair assessment of an applicant's abilities. Halfway during the interview, they made me feel quite worthless. Needless to say, the interview was a stressful one, and I was expecting (and was actually relieved) that they would not contact me after this ordeal.

My only advice to potential Software Developers is to really study for the interview, and be ready for extremely technical questions. They are quite challenging.

Soon after, I applied for one of their competitors, and they [competitor] did WAY better in terms of considering my qualifications. They did not ask a lot about which particular XML tag I need to update, but rather actually looked at my timeline in my resume and then asked me the right questions, some technical, but basic ones. And then they asked: "How confident are you in getting back in the position as a Software Developer?" They actually assessed my POTENTIAL, and they made me feel like I actually am worth something.

P.S. I got the job from the competitor for a 6-month contract and I proved to be an extremely valuable resource. When the contract ended, they actually offered me an extension - repeatedly, under a different deal, if you know what I mean. It felt good to be appreciated like that. I respectfully declined because of relocation restrictions (the work was out-of-state), and I was just not quite ready for that.

Interview Questions

• What particular files need to be updated in the system's config directory to update this specific data? Name them, the particular tasks/jobs that are responsible for this, and whether or not they can be scheduled.   1 Answer
    • What particular code line should be updated in order to change this particular function [desired outcome]?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wipro (Bengaluru (India)) in November 2017.

Interview

The interview is conducted on aspiring minds AMCAT pattern.
    it has 4 parts in the online test
    1.verbal ability
    2.logical reasoning
    3.aptitude
    4.coding(2 questions - one on patterns)
    in coding answering one question completely or partial output for both questions is sufficient to clear the round.

Interview Questions

• It has 4 parts in the online test
      1.verbal ability
      2.logical reasoning
      3.aptitude
      4.coding(2 questions - one on patterns)   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Interview

I'm a fresher right now and I have given 2 to 3 interviews in pune. But I've been also waiting for this popular company which provides best employee management and best facilities.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Patiala (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Wipro (Patiala (India)) in October 2017.

Interview

first there was an aptitude and technical round which was easy to clear, those who cleared the aptitude were sent to coding round , basic easy question, time given was 45 min. then those who cleared that were called for interview. the interviewer asked me nothing and still i got eliminated out of that round

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wipro in September 2017.

Interview

*Online Test*

There was an OT(online test). It has aptitude, verbal, reasoning (All the three sections are easy to moderate) and a coding section(2 simple coding questions).
    Just with a month practice you can easily do the given coding questions.
    *Interview Process*

There were two rounds.
    One is technical and the other is HR.
    They asked me more on my projects. Why I was interested in IT industry, and two coding questions, What makes me unique from my friends.....
    Regarding HR, they asked me about myself, why they should be hiring me, why I was interested in doing B.tech in instrumentation.....

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wipro (Chennai (India)) in September 2017.

Interview

It was very easy. Aptitude questions were very simple.We had a coding round also.Then technical and hr in single panel.I went through campus recruitment.Questions on technical were basics of c and whatever given in resume.Hr questions were general.It was for around 20 minutes.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wipro (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2017.

Interview

There was an online round which had three sections - An aptitude section, a section on your technical knowledge and finally a coding round. Those who passed this were called for an interview. The interview was driven by your resume and other questions on Oops, etc.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Wipro (Hyderabad (India)) in March 2017.

Interview

I attended for contract position and it was very simple to answer. Mainly he was focusing on J2EE, JMS, EJB, REST, JPA part only. Core Java in depth. JMS , DB queries, JBoss.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Wipro (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

Its good , really tested my skills and the interview process is purely on technology requirements and skills on which you worked. so be prepared , rest is you luck

Interview Questions

• all related to pHP and some other technical stuff.
      Database sql and procedures .   Answer Question