Wipro Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Wipro Software Developer Interview Questions

Interviews at Wipro

2.7

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wipro.

Interview

Basic technical questions and knowledge of areas

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Wipro

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wipro (Chicago, IL) in August 2010.

Interview

It was a long interview, up to an hour over the phone with two technical guys and the HR person. I don't know if the client was that strict with the qualifications, but the interview questions were very detailed in the technical perspective. Talk about down-to-the-semicolons-in-the-code-line detailed. Prior to applying for this job I had 3 years extensive experience in software development, then the last 2 years was more on production support, so admittedly it was not easy to recall the gritty details, although I KNOW where to find and how to do what they are asking. I am not by the book person, and that keeps me open to new approaches to a code solution/implementation. Apparently they are looking for a by the book person, who can memorize the program's reference guides up to the last punctuation mark.

I'd like to be fair in thinking that the client they are working for needs a highly-technical resource, but I felt this was not a fair assessment of an applicant's abilities. Halfway during the interview, they made me feel quite worthless. Needless to say, the interview was a stressful one, and I was expecting (and was actually relieved) that they would not contact me after this ordeal.

My only advice to potential Software Developers is to really study for the interview, and be ready for extremely technical questions. They are quite challenging.

Soon after, I applied for one of their competitors, and they [competitor] did WAY better in terms of considering my qualifications. They did not ask a lot about which particular XML tag I need to update, but rather actually looked at my timeline in my resume and then asked me the right questions, some technical, but basic ones. And then they asked: "How confident are you in getting back in the position as a Software Developer?" They actually assessed my POTENTIAL, and they made me feel like I actually am worth something.

P.S. I got the job from the competitor for a 6-month contract and I proved to be an extremely valuable resource. When the contract ended, they actually offered me an extension - repeatedly, under a different deal, if you know what I mean. It felt good to be appreciated like that. I respectfully declined because of relocation restrictions (the work was out-of-state), and I was just not quite ready for that.

Interview Questions

• What particular files need to be updated in the system's config directory to update this specific data? Name them, the particular tasks/jobs that are responsible for this, and whether or not they can be scheduled.   2 Answers
    • What particular code line should be updated in order to change this particular function [desired outcome]?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Wipro (San Jose, CA).

Interview

2 rounds of technical interview, Core computer science questions. Programming assignments.
    1 st round was purely technical, 2 nd was more of analytical and process oriented. after 2nd round there was one hr round which was mostly behavioral.

Interview Questions

• writing algorithms, data structures, Pl/sql, details explanation about current project.Design patterns discussion, system design questions. writing sql queries, project scenarios, best projects / work so far.   Answer Question
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Software Developer Interview

Interview

Good technical questions and project information. Roles and responsibilities. Java knowledge and scenario based questions. Professional certifications and related questions. Jsp questions and webserver related questions. Knowledge of different tools worked and ability to handle different teams.

Software Developer Interview

Interview

3 rounds-online aptitude test, technical, HR. Aptitute had questions on output and basic mathematics and reasoning. Technical round had questions like Software Development Life Cycle, XML, Does Java have pointers? Why or why not?, Inheritence

Interview Questions

• Software Development Life Cycle, XML, Does Java have pointers? Why or why not?, Inheritence   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wipro (Chennai (India)) in September 2015.

Interview

First round was aptitude divided into 3 sections comprising of Quantitative Apps, Verbal Apps and C apps.Each of the sections have sectional time limit. Quantitative and verbal were easy.
    C apps was quite difficult as I belong to Non-IT department.
    There is sectional Cut-Off too. Some friends who did poorly in C apps couldn't get through.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wipro (Bengaluru (India)) in September 2015.

Interview

1. basic introduction
    2. GD
    3.technical round
    4.hr
    WIPRO selection process differs in some manner from geography to geography as per your needs and the law of the land. The WIPRO technologies selection process has different types according to that there was some types mentioned below and the WIPRO recruitment process has selected all over 50 countries. Candidates you can know what will be in interview by WIPRO selection procedure. In recruitment and selection process in WIRPO is the part most of the applicants focus on before their job interview Of course in WIPRO off campus companies. It is also a very important one. Before attending interview you should definitely double-check all your materials, your interview portfolio, resume.

WIPRO Technologies is the No.1 provider of integrated business, technology and campus WIPRO latest selection process solutions on a global delivery platform, you should read the related company website carefully. The Clever applicants will also use Google search feature to check some information about related companies of Placement Procedure people that will interview them. Mastered with all these information you can easily show your strong interest and desire to work for the company and also compliment someone from the interviewers, for their recent achievements. Finally the WIPRO selection procedure with important questions is attached below for the download purpose. This WIPRO BPO selection process for voice non voice technical tech support are also specially welcome for freshers recruitment placements and Also conducting off campus selection process mostly in engineering as well as in arts colleges.

Interview Questions

• Programming- interview process
      Quantitative -recruitment process
       Logical -selection process
      Verbal -interview process   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Noida (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Wipro (Noida (India)) in June 2011.

Interview

The interview was a campus interview and occurred at 10pm after waiting for hours. There were 3 rounds. 2 skill rounds and one HR.
    The skill rounds were based purely on software programming and architecture. The HR round was standard, i.e., asked about skills, strengths, weaknesses, flexibility to relocate, salary expectations, etc.
    They were interviewing everyone, didn’t matter what background, even people from Biotechnology who didnt even know the P of programming.

Interview Questions

• What is object oriented programming? How to write a stored procedure? C++ questions.   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wipro (Bengaluru (India)) in June 2013.

Interview

I joined in Wipro as a Fresher , so in off campus we will be having a Written Test , and a Technical Interview and finally an HR Round. Out of 760 Members around 42 got selected and whole interview process is in the same day. But for HR as it is too late for some guys they asked to attend the next day.And i was one of the guy…

Interview Questions

• Written Test contains Apptitude , Verbal , Reasoning and some technical as i remember. In Technical round basic technical questions from our B.tech Subjects as i am from CSE mostly from Java , Data Base and C , C++. In HR basic questions like what you know about wipro and why you want to joinin Wipro and some more questions to test to attitude.   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ciudad de México (Mexico)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wipro (Ciudad de México (Mexico)) in November 2014.

Interview

I had the interview by several calls, around 4. I wasn't so difficult because I think I well response any query that was asked. I thought the technical will be an exam but I was just another call.

Interview Questions

• Give me one example how you can optimize a JQ code   1 Answer