Wipro Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Wipro Software Developer Interview Questions

Updated Feb 10, 2017

2.8

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wipro.

Interview

Basic technical questions and knowledge of areas

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Wipro

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wipro (Chicago, IL) in August 2010.

Interview

It was a long interview, up to an hour over the phone with two technical guys and the HR person. I don't know if the client was that strict with the qualifications, but the interview questions were very detailed in the technical perspective. Talk about down-to-the-semicolons-in-the-code-line detailed. Prior to applying for this job I had 3 years extensive experience in software development, then the last 2 years was more on production support, so admittedly it was not easy to recall the gritty details, although I KNOW where to find and how to do what they are asking. I am not by the book person, and that keeps me open to new approaches to a code solution/implementation. Apparently they are looking for a by the book person, who can memorize the program's reference guides up to the last punctuation mark.

I'd like to be fair in thinking that the client they are working for needs a highly-technical resource, but I felt this was not a fair assessment of an applicant's abilities. Halfway during the interview, they made me feel quite worthless. Needless to say, the interview was a stressful one, and I was expecting (and was actually relieved) that they would not contact me after this ordeal.

My only advice to potential Software Developers is to really study for the interview, and be ready for extremely technical questions. They are quite challenging.

Soon after, I applied for one of their competitors, and they [competitor] did WAY better in terms of considering my qualifications. They did not ask a lot about which particular XML tag I need to update, but rather actually looked at my timeline in my resume and then asked me the right questions, some technical, but basic ones. And then they asked: "How confident are you in getting back in the position as a Software Developer?" They actually assessed my POTENTIAL, and they made me feel like I actually am worth something.

P.S. I got the job from the competitor for a 6-month contract and I proved to be an extremely valuable resource. When the contract ended, they actually offered me an extension - repeatedly, under a different deal, if you know what I mean. It felt good to be appreciated like that. I respectfully declined because of relocation restrictions (the work was out-of-state), and I was just not quite ready for that.

Interview Questions

• What particular files need to be updated in the system's config directory to update this specific data? Name them, the particular tasks/jobs that are responsible for this, and whether or not they can be scheduled.   1 Answer
    • What particular code line should be updated in order to change this particular function [desired outcome]?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Visakhapatnam (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wipro (Visakhapatnam (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

It's about 3 rounds,
    1st round is written conducted by AMCAT,
    2nd round TR some more difficult,
    3rd round is HR.if you cross the TR then HR is easy.
    (1) Written test.
    (2) Technical round.
    (3) HR round.

(1) Written test:

Wipro came to our campus on 12th September. Actually, Wipro selection process is of two types.

1)Topper's criteria.
    2)General criteria.

The difference between the two is in topper's criteria in return test they have to take only Programming test and essay writing only whereas remaining has to attempt.

1) Verbal ability.
    2) Quantitative ability.
    3) Reasoning ability.
    4) Programming test.

If you qualified in all above sections then you get essay writing on screen otherwise, you can leave. In that situation when my time is running out I got tense whether I can get an essay or I have to leave. In that situation, I got essay writing on a screen. After writing essay they asked us to wait in auditorium for results. And I was shortlisted for technical interview. They asked us to come at 9:30 the next day.

(2) Technical Round:

This is the major part of the selection, in which our skills are tested. The person who is from non-IT can relax up to some extent. They had to be thorough with basics of C and Data Structures. Students who are from IT domain had to be thorough with C, Data Structures, OOP concepts and your areas of interest such as DBMS and Operating Systems. For me, interviewer asked me some concepts related to C and C++. And then he tested me how I was with DBMS and asked more than 15 questions related to keys, constraints, definitions and more queries. Later he asked some concepts on operating systems while he asking I said him that I was not comforted with OS concepts. After that by asking some questions related to general topics, he congratulated me that I was selected for HR round.

(3) HR round:

It is very simple round that we can succeed it mainly with our smile, here you can face some questions such as,

1) Tell me about yourself?

2) Why should I hire you?

3) Why Wipro?

4) Are you planning for your higher studies?

5) Strengths and weaknesses.

6) Hobbies etc.

While answering such questions you have to be active and spontaneous. Don't eliminate your smile. After answering all questions, she asked me any queries. I asked about company's environment and she explained. Then she asked me to leave.

Finally, results are out after two weeks and I got shortlisted for Wipro which makes me feel happy.

Maybe it will be useful for you.

All the best.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wipro (Chennai (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

The Online Aptitude Test was conducted by AMCAT. The test was really easy. The shortlisted students were asked to given a passage and have to write some 100 words about it

Interview Questions

• During Intereview, questions were mainly asked from the area of iterest mentioned in your resume.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wipro (New Delhi (India)).

Interview

The interview process was quite simple. It was a pool placement drive for freshers. First round included writing a passage on any given topic. Then selections were made on the basis of resume and passage. Next was HR round with basic questions about family, interests and life experiences

Interview Questions

• Describe the latest movie you watched   1 Answer

They had a 4 year bond that I didn't want to sign.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wipro (Mumbai (India)) in May 2016.

Interview

2 rounds, both were telephonic. 3 round was HR round. I was waiting for the HR round which did not happen. At the end dont even know they had a requirement or no.

Software Developer Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wipro.

Interview

campus recruitment , had two round of technical discussion and, later on the next day morning one more round of hr interview conducted, same day offer also provided. Joined after campus is over

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Wipro.

Interview

On the phone. Long technical discussion about specific development cases. Too many to write up here plus I would not want to be identified. Overall, be prepared in your field, be honest, be happy and forthcoming. You normally talk to tech guy who is sympathetic to you, rather than dead wood management.

Interview Questions

• Tough technical questions. Really drilled by my future manager. But felt challenged and happy to be working with someone experienced.   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wipro (Chennai (India)) in September 2015.

Interview

First round was aptitude divided into 3 sections comprising of Quantitative Apps, Verbal Apps and C apps.Each of the sections have sectional time limit. Quantitative and verbal were easy.
    C apps was quite difficult as I belong to Non-IT department.
    There is sectional Cut-Off too. Some friends who did poorly in C apps couldn't get through.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wipro (Bengaluru (India)) in September 2015.

Interview

1. basic introduction
    2. GD
    3.technical round
    4.hr
    WIPRO selection process differs in some manner from geography to geography as per your needs and the law of the land. The WIPRO technologies selection process has different types according to that there was some types mentioned below and the WIPRO recruitment process has selected all over 50 countries. Candidates you can know what will be in interview by WIPRO selection procedure. In recruitment and selection process in WIRPO is the part most of the applicants focus on before their job interview Of course in WIPRO off campus companies. It is also a very important one. Before attending interview you should definitely double-check all your materials, your interview portfolio, resume.

WIPRO Technologies is the No.1 provider of integrated business, technology and campus WIPRO latest selection process solutions on a global delivery platform, you should read the related company website carefully. The Clever applicants will also use Google search feature to check some information about related companies of Placement Procedure people that will interview them. Mastered with all these information you can easily show your strong interest and desire to work for the company and also compliment someone from the interviewers, for their recent achievements. Finally the WIPRO selection procedure with important questions is attached below for the download purpose. This WIPRO BPO selection process for voice non voice technical tech support are also specially welcome for freshers recruitment placements and Also conducting off campus selection process mostly in engineering as well as in arts colleges.

Interview Questions

• Programming- interview process
      Quantitative -recruitment process