Wipro Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 15, 2017
2,780 Interview Reviews

2.8

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Wipro.

Interview

Campus interview after during Bachelors. it was an easy process consisted of an online aptitude round then a small writing competition. next round was technical interview and then hr interview. aptitude consisted of technical, verbal, english, quantitative sections

Build and Release Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Wipro (Irving, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Recruiter located me and sent over a Job Description of what their client was seeking. In the initial contact with the recruiter an inquiry to what salary range I was seeking was discussed.

Phone Interview with a WiPro representative to validate my technical prowess. I cleared this stage with just a comment I needed to brush on on one area (an area I already knew was not my strongest -- ORACLE asm/rac)

Another Phone interview with their client - Two of the client's representatives screened me on my Technical and Interpersonal skills. I was able to ask in-depth questions regarding the organization and the position. Client requested a face to face meeting

Face to Face meeting at the client site with the team and leadership. An hour + interview with the team commanding most of the meeting to inquiry to my problem-solving, technical, and troubleshooting prowess. Final few minutes I was able to challenge them on their environment (workflow / work-life) and what forthcoming challenges the team is projecting.

Back to the recruiter (phone call) contacting me stating that the client would like to proceed with on-boarding. The recruiter sent over their package of benefits and perks. Im assuming all is well since I had already listed my salary range on the initial contact and there was no mention of an issue. Here is where the recruiter turned into a Used-Car Salesman and told me that they were 'capped' as a rate considerably much lower then my minimum. A rate that I was earning 15 years ago -- What a slap in the face!

We went round and round with the recruiter getting uglier about my lack of interacting with ORACLE. I retorted that ORACLE is a focused area and in the big picture a small area. Not to mention that the client is aware of this weakness and still wants to move forward. Recruiter was adamant that this justified his inability to renegotiate the rate and started making up some line of discussion that he told me before all of this what the client's range was. I responded that up until this phone call all our discussions were in e-mail and I show no where in those discussions was that lower rate stipulated. Had I known I would have never moved forward on this opportunity!

Now looking back at this event - I should have seen some red flags:

Recruiter reach out via e-mail but does not list alternate contact methods (phone or office mailing address) other than his WiPro e-mail account.

Job Description is not in line with the client's job description - Completely different.

Offer only verbal and speculative. Recruiter requested online application submission and a hard-copy form submission after all the meetings with the client.

Final bit of advice - Proceed with Caution in your dealings with WiPro

Interview Questions

• Technical: General Operating System questions - Specific Application interaction with Operating System

Interpersonal: How to handle projects/deadlines - Am I more an Individual or a Team player - Describe an event where I was challenged   Answer Question

Senior Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Wipro (Boston, MA) in June 2017.

Interview

I had a 30-minute interview which started out with a brief of the hiring manager P&L and went on to technical Q&A. Unfortunately, I did not get to communicate all of the necessary items but I believe what I did communicate was succinct and correct.

Interview Questions

• Q. Ratio of Sysadmins to number of servers   1 Answer

Senior Websphere Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Wipro (Dallas, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

I was contacted directly by Wipro for a position and after some negotiation agreed to 100K base salary which was 35K below my most recent rate. A technical interview was then setup.
    First round interview was successful and was requested to interview with the client Manager. However, Wipro then told me the max rate for the position would be 85K but that I should accept it and move forward. I then declined the second round interview as that was unacceptable to reduce the pay rate by 15K after I had already confirmed the 100K rate that was already a 35K pay cut. No one with 20 years experience should ever be forced to take a 50K pay cut!! Never again will I interview with Wipro.

Interview Questions

• Asked multiple questions on Web Server configurations and installation of WebSphere Application Server.   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wipro (Dallas, TX).

Interview

first interview, hard for me. Talking with HR is good, but the guys who did technical interview is hard and he wants quick answer. First. they did phone interview and second they did HR interview and technical interview. I fail technincal interview.

Interview Questions

• Different between LAN and WAN? Different between router, hub, switch, bridges, gateways?
      what is Polymorphism? Give example   Answer Question

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wipro (Alpharetta, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied Threw a vendor, Wipro called me and taken 45 minutes technical interview based on C++ OOPS and Threading multiprocessing. They said they required OOPS. I was good on that, They have not given me feedbacks. Very irresponsive. I was not expecting that.

Interview Questions

• What is Virtual, Size of empty class, what is Copy Constructor, Thread, IPC.   Answer Question

IT Technician Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Wipro in April 2017.

Interview

Set up a phone interview via email. During the interview, she asked basic questions about me and my skills. She then briefed me on the job itself and the continuing interviews consisting of a technical interview and a HR interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. What are skills do you excel at? Why Wipro?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Wipro.

Interview

Interview Questions

• some basic technical questions about database, operating system   Answer Question

Technical Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wipro.

Interview

Applied through Dice.com
    Process involved 4 steps:
    1. Pre-screen with the recruiter
    2. Telephonic interview (completely technical) with the Wipro manager
    3. In-person interview with the client manager (panel), again technical
    4. HR interview

The whole process took around 2 months, including H1B transfer.

Interview Questions

• All technical questions about WPF, WCF, Entity Framework etc.   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wipro.

Interview

I got through the interview process through campus recruitment .It was a pleasant experience overall.The questions were mostly based on my major which was Computer Science. There were coding based questions on patterns.

Interview Questions

• Write a java code for Fibonacci series.Tell me about your capstone project elaborating what role did you play in it.   Answer Question