Zurich North America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Zurich North America (Schaumburg, IL).

Interview

Excellent candidate experience! I give the Talent Acquisition team an A+ for the way I was treated. Although no decisions have been made as yet, I was impressed with the way I was treated - with respect and warmth

Interview

Interview consisted of one phone interview with an HR rep and one phone interview with the supervising manager. A few behavioral questions and situational questions. The original application was seen on their website and can apply from there. After that, an HR rep will contact candidates if they meet the criteria.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Zurich North America (New York, NY).

Interview

Two phone interviews and then an in person interview

Interview Questions

• Pretty straight forward questions...they just want to see what kind of person you are   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Zurich North America (New York, NY).

Interview

Contacted about a week after applying online for a basic phone screening with an internal HR recruiter. Mainly discussed my experience and the job description. Two weeks later met with the hiring manager discussed my experience and the job duties and a little more about the company. A week later had a phone interview with the Regional Manager again discussed my experience and the job description. They asked more behavioral questions focusing on working with a team. The next day I received a request to submit for a background check. They use a third party company and they contacted me 4x for info. Background check took 3 weeks to complete. Once the background was done HR said they would see how the manager wants to proceed. Got a message 3 weeks later from the recruiter saying they want to offer me the job but need internal approval. I followed up 2 weeks later and was told they still want to hire me but the hiring was put on hold for a few weeks and they will contact me at that time. Never heard from them again. This process took almost 4 months. Very unprofessional to lead candidates on like this and not even give a phone call or answer follow up emails not to mention this is a very drawn out and repetitive hiring process for an entry level position.

Anonymous Employee in Owings Mills, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zurich North America (Owings Mills, MD) in August 2011.

Interview

The process was very quick. Had 3 in person interviews on the same day with different managers. Interview is very relaxed. They spoke about the role and wanted to know about my background. I believe at the end of the day it was more about gauging if I would fit into the culture of the newly formed team.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zurich North America (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got a call to schedule a phone screening the next day. The following day I completed the phone screening, and got a call later that afternoon to schedule the in person interview. I had the interview a few days later, and got a call that afternoon with an offer.

Interview Questions

• How familiar are you with investigating coverage?   Answer Question
    • Describe an example of a time you demonstrated team building.   Answer Question

Statistician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Zurich North America (Schaumburg, IL) in January 2010.

Interview

The first step after the application was simple. The recruiter emailed me a list of questions I had to answer about my educational and professional background. There was also a personality test in the email. After the email, the recruiter called to setup a phone interview. The phone interview didn't go so well. I was asked very technical questions and although I answered the questions to the best of my knowledge, the lady interviewing me didn't seem satisfied with my answers. I didn't feel as though I was being interviewed for an entry level position yet a more advanced position.

Interview Questions

• when given a data set, what is the first step u take? before u start analyzing it?   2 Answers

Change Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zurich North America.

Interview

One 30 min phone interview - piece of cake. Standard interview questions, be ready to explain situations where you were strong or overcame weaknesses. It only took one interview.

Negotiation

There was none - just offered great pay and terms

Claims Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zurich North America in April 2017.

Interview

HR rep called to request a phone screen. A time was set, but the recruiter never called. Nor did he respond to calls or emails to reschedule.

Claims Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Zurich North America (Schaumburg, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online and then went through a phone screening. They kept changing the recruiter I was working with, which was very confusing because more than one person was trying to schedule an in person interview with me. The in person interview was much more relaxed and insightful in terms of what to expect from the company and position than the panel interview.

Claims Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Owings, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Zurich North America (Owings, MD) in September 2012.

Interview

smooth, thought provoking, centered on company culture. VP that interviewed me brought potential peers to the meeting, which allowed for real-world questions to be presented. Conference room where interview too place was a comfortable setting.

Interview Questions

• Situational questions were asked--don't remember the specifics   1 Answer

Negotiation

An offer was made, and I tried to negotiate additional time off, but the company did not budge.