Zurich North America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Zurich North America (Schaumburg, IL).

Interview

Excellent candidate experience! I give the Talent Acquisition team an A+ for the way I was treated. Although no decisions have been made as yet, I was impressed with the way I was treated - with respect and warmth

Senior Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Zurich North America (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Several interviews including HR phone screen, Wonderlic exam(s), four interviews with manager, rvp, vp and the marketing exec. Extensive process with some turns. Communication was good. Nothing too difficult to follow or understand for an experienced hire. Came well prepared.

Interview Questions

• Various. Some interviews were formulaic (HR prompted questions and resume review), other interviews very conversational and felt informal.   1 Answer

Underwriting Account Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Zurich North America (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a Zurich recruiter the day after I applied and had a quick phone screening. He said he'd pass along my information to the appropriate parties. I received an email about availability for a face to face interview for the following week, two days after the phone screening. Went to my interview and received a phone call with an offer by that evening.

Interview Questions

• It was really informal. I was told about the position and company culture and then was asked if I had questions, we had a back and forth conversation for about an hour.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Zurich North America.

Interview

The whole process took nearly 4 months. I applied in December of 2016 and received the offer letter in March of 2017 contingent on my background check. The background check was completed in April and my offer was confirmed in April as well.

First step in the interview process was a phone interview with the HR with basic behavioral question and the next step was a phone interview with the engineering manager. Final step was 1 on 1 interview with the same engineering manager.

Claims Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zurich North America in April 2017.

Interview

HR rep called to request a phone screen. A time was set, but the recruiter never called. Nor did he respond to calls or emails to reschedule.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Zurich North America.

Interview

Interviewed at RCIS - a subsidiary of Zurich, located in Anoka, MN so this is a different interview than most Zurich interviews. Casual atmosphere, friendly co-workers, and low turnover at the company, but relatively flat in regards to upward mobility.

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Zurich North America (Schaumburg, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

I received a call from an internal recruiter about a position for which I was well suited. I consider myself to be open to opportunity although not actively looking. As I thought this would be a good fit, I pursued the opportunity, Which, it turned out, was not an opportunity, rather a colossal waste of time, based on Zurich's never-ending reorganization. The interviewer then proceeded to read questions off of a sheet of paper, avoiding eye contact throughout the process. When it was time to move to the next question on the list, the question just answered was crossed off of the list. As more than three months have passed since the interview and I have heard nothing back, I am going to say no offer is forthcoming. Which is fine. I could not imagine being desperate enough to work for the person who interviewed me or in an environment that treated me with such a stunning lack of respect.

Interview Questions

• First thing out of the mouth of the person to whom the role reported: We announced a reorganization yesterday and are not certain how this role fits into the company going forward.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about your past jobs   1 Answer
    • Do you think your career has relevant experience to this role?   1 Answer
    • Killer question of all time: Can you use Microsoft Office?   1 Answer

Risk Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zurich North America (Schaumburg, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

I had five round interviews. Three phone interviews and two interviews in person in the span of six months, which were all behavior and nothing technical. Each of the five people that I interviewed with asked me the same generic questions. I assumed that after passing four rounds of interviews I would get the job; but alas, they told me that I was the next person in line if the other three in front of me did not accept their offers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had a group project and a conflict occurred. What was your role and how did you attempt to solve it?
      Why did you apply to this specific role?
      Why did you apply to Zurich Insurance?   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zurich North America (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied through college recruiting process. Just one round. Be prepared for the technical based questions, mostly focus on your statistical knowledge. Also be asked a small case question related to their current project.

Claimes Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Zurich North America in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online and received an email from a recruiter about a week later.
    Did a phone interview, which was mostly HR screening questions and a few behavioral questions.
    Set up an interview at their offices. It was a handful of candidates and four interviewers. We rotated through the interviews and they were split up into four different themes. One of them was a technical interview where they wanted to know about my knowledge of the industry and my knowledge of computers.

Interview Questions

• What do you see the future of the insurance industry as?
      What is your favorite excel shortcut?
      Tell me about a time you did this or that (a lot of those types of questions).   Answer Question